View Full Version : exe file needed

rcs2die4
03-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi All,

I've just downloaded the demo for Pro Street and once it was done I tried to
install it and it says that the NFSdemo file is corrupt...

I dont have enough download left for the month to redownload the whole demo (800+meg)

So could I get someone to host or email me the NFSDEMO.EXE file so I can try this game
out !!!

Thanks for your help !!

Mat

OZ
03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
the demo works on 2 separate phases, the first one involves unpacking the install files, then the second one is the proper install. If your problem occurred on the second phase, try unpacking the game on a different folder, and then running the install from there...

rcs2die4
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi OZ,

Thanks for the reply !!

My problem happens in the first phase... being a SFX (Self-extracting) file. when I run it, it starts
to extract all the files, but the very last file is NFSDEMO.EXE and when it tries to extract it, it fails
and says that it has a CRC header error and wont extract it...

This is the only file that has the error and being the main EXE file for the game of cause I cant run the
game at all... I want to try this game out before I go and spend the money to purchase it and don't
want to waste my $$ if I don't like it ..

So if someone out there could host this file for me even if it's just till I get the copy then they remove it
or even if they could PM me and I send them my email address so you could email it to me I would
greatly appreciate it ..

Thanks again...

Diablo
03-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi OZ,

Thanks for the reply !!

My problem happens in the first phase... being a SFX (Self-extracting) file. when I run it, it starts
to extract all the files, but the very last file is NFSDEMO.EXE and when it tries to extract it, it fails
and says that it has a CRC header error and wont extract it...

This is the only file that has the error and being the main EXE file for the game of cause I cant run the
game at all... I want to try this game out before I go and spend the money to purchase it and don't
want to waste my $$ if I don't like it ..

So if someone out there could host this file for me even if it's just till I get the copy then they remove it
or even if they could PM me and I send them my email address so you could email it to me I would
greatly appreciate it ..

Thanks again...

Then it's most likely just a bad download. That happened to me when I downloaded AVG. It said it was corrupt, so I re-downloaded, and it worked.

rcs2die4
03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
yeah thats right it's just a bad download !!! The problem I have is that I dont have enough monthly
download left this month so I cant re-download it !!

This is why I was asking for just this file...

Roulette
04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
someone send it to me and I'll host it

[deleted]

will be at [deleted]
as long as someone sends it to me and I get round to uploading it, lol.

(let me know on this thread if you send it to me coz I might check here B4 I check my mail)

EDIT: You obviously didn't need it that much.