View Full Version : Abomination?

mew905
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Why is it some people are saying Pro Street is an abomination? I like the idea of Gran Turismo mixed in with NFS Underground. takes it off the streets, onto professional tracks.

Good graphics at high resolutions even with slower cards (my 8600GT after patch 1.2 got a 15fps boost @ 1280x1024 maxed out except AA) so optimization is good as well.
unfortunately my girlfriends GeForce 8400M GS in her Inspiron 1420 @ 1280x800 isn't quite enough to play it, only at low settings but that resolution.

I've noticed some people say only the drag races are fun. I ask them if they play with a wheel, the answer has always been no for these people. I know you shouldnt be forced to buy a wheel to play a game but come on, its a racing game! It's just better that way, and INFINITELY better (and I mean this) with the G25. I dont even bother playing with keyboard after I got this wheel. Alot of the times though I set up the G25 and race just because I like the smell of the leather :goofy:

Torque Steer
05-19-2008, 03:07 PM
I like my Logitech DFP, on Test Drive Unlimited at least. Haven't tried it with Pro Street, but it is a much better game than the last NFS and still works great on my ancient, second-hand and badly cooled Intel Xeon rig. The pseudo-motorsport aspect of it shows that the series has matured, however the incomplete bodykits on some of the add-on cars is as annoying as the permanantly locked spoilers in Carbon! It is still plain wrong in places, with massive spoilers "reducing" drag and some other details, but overall it is a cracking game.

AgentRoo
05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I keep looking at the "drag" aerodynamic slider, and the only conclusion I have reached is that it is connected up backwards.

Why?

Some cars at certain points will get a decrease in their maximum speed, then it (usually) increases again.

FOX
05-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Well no matter what you do or set your cars like, top speed of 403KM/H can't be exceeded at all. It's just game's physical limit I think.

AgentRoo
05-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, that's 250mph isn't it? Bit of a strange speed really. 255 would be FF in Hex, or 11111111 in Binary, but 250mph is an odball number (from a computing perspective).

Myojinoir
05-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Uhm, NFS PS is not an abomination, dunno where you heard that, it`s just unfinished, there were a lot of flaws and such.
As for speeds, 403 km/h is the max you can get from cars so that they can at least have a chance against Veyron in the game, cos` we all know it can pull out a 407 km/h.
Yes, foricing someone to play with a steering wheel.. well, you see, you`re not the one foricing, the game forces it allready.
TDU is outrageous but again, it doesnt compete with NFS.

Kiboe
05-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah, that's 250mph isn't it? Bit of a strange speed really. 255 would be FF in Hex, or 11111111 in Binary, but 250mph is an odball number (from a computing perspective).

actualy, any car can, the government just requires they put a timing lock in the top gear of corvetts, ferrari's, etc, of all the cars in the united states, so yopu wont get over the 200 mph mark in a supercar made in the usa.

Zpectre
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
NFSPS is an abomination because the BMW M3 E92 is a piece of crap in the game.

Nikusakken
05-21-2008, 09:09 PM
NFSPS should never exist (like NFS:U2 and NFS V-Rally).

AgentRoo
05-22-2008, 12:09 AM
actualy, any car can, the government just requires they put a timing lock in the top gear of corvetts, ferrari's, etc, of all the cars in the united states, so yopu wont get over the 200 mph mark in a supercar made in the usa.

Yes, I am aware of the existance of speed limiters IRL.

I was talking about in game, hence the "from a computing perspective" comment ;)

FreelancerMar
05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
The Speed limiters is a computer componet in the Ignition system not the Transmission. when you hit a certain speed the computer tells the ignition system to intermitently shut down until it drops below the governd speed. and most if not all high performance cars in the usa are computer governed at 120 mph. That is if I am not mistaken. I also heard somewhere that it was a crime to remove the limiter via performance chip or reprogramming. So ifn you get caught with an Altered setup, you could be facing up to 1 year in jail on top of the penalty that caused the cop to pull you over in the first place.

internet3
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
lol where in this tread was written that were talking about US speed limiter?

250Mph in hex is FA or 11111010 bin, or maybe the system is programmed in Kilometers:
------
250 = 402Kmh
------
it would be then 192 in hex and 110010010 in bin, hmm you might be up to something here Roo
also some did manage to peak out at 251, ill check those as well, ill grab a Mem. editor and look for them, or maybe it's programed to the cars them self, buggati is the only one with a 253 limiter, the rest are stuck at 250 or 251, so i assume the limiter might be written into the cars, not the game engine

mew905
05-23-2008, 04:31 AM
About the whole speed limiter thing, its most likely written into the cars. Anybody else here notice the F1 rarely gets airborne? I use it in speed races because of that, big hills, no air = mad control. Veyron is mad speed but a little slow to accelerate, I've topped it out at 407k, all the others (including the Zonda) top out at 403, so on long, decently straight tracks the veyron will start to pull ahead, but other than that its far too slow. A joke for being 1001 hp.

Basically your goal in this game is to make a car that can hit 403 as fast as possible with your style of racing (I love using the clutch so its a little more difficult for me, especially cuz I like to skip 2nd and sometimes 3rd cuz they're so close together).

Also anyone else notice this game runs far better at higher gfx settings and resolutions than Most Wanted and Carbon? I easily hit 60fps in Pro Street, Carbon I get 35 and Most Wanted I get 45. All at 1680x1050 (widescreen hack for MW and C) and maxed out. Maybe its the motion blur but IMO PS looks so much better, a little radial blur woulda been cool.

internet3
05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
well if you say so, on my part PS is an abomination cause it hates my ATI/AMD rig, hell carbon has better frames than this.... seriously

mew905
06-04-2008, 08:03 PM
really? On my 8800GT Carbon and PS maxed out (both at 1680x1050, carbon was hacked to do this) I get 36fps with Carbon and 60fps solid on ProStreet. Carbon running with 4xAA and ProStreet running with 8xAA

ricersHA
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
PS is many times better than UG to carbon.This is a real NFS game where you can race with speed instead of traffice hitting you all the time and all those ricer babys wants street racing instead of made NFS a true classic parts 1 to 6.So MEW905 you are right about those people being wrong those people wants clown cars instead of racing cars.

mew905
06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Thank you, but dont get me wrong I love the tuner culture, I just dont like the street racing scene. One reason I dont like GRID is simply because of the fact that you cant customize. I like to pick the look of the car, GRID is stated it will only let you pick the paint. You cant upgrade, tune or optimize your cars performance, which I also like. However like I said, I dont like the whole "race in a city with traffic" thing. I wouldnt mind a highway scene (such as what PS has for Speed races) but cities arent built to be driven through fast. Thats what race tracks are for, you get far more speed and believe me it takes alot of skill to get perfect lap times on a real race track, whereas it takes next to no skill to get caught by the cops, ticketed or possibly jailed, or even to be stupid and hit traffic cars. The second you start racing on populated city streets, you've instantly gone from good or decent driver to complete idiot. Even I've learned the error of my ways and I've never been in an accident nor been jailed. I have been fined for it and it sucks, especially when you go up to $3000+ in fines and only make $1500/mo (mind you, my rent is only $475/mo, internet + TV + Phone is $175/mo, and power is $60). But I have really, really bad spending habits so it makes it very difficult to pay them... Plus I'm a moderate smoker (a pack a day) and it makes it harder. Another $300 down the drain every month. I want to quit, spending way too much money but stresses in my life make it extremely difficult. Then there's food and other stuff, so all in all i have like $200/mo to spend, so it'd take me 15 months to pay that off...

FreelancerMar
07-10-2008, 09:16 PM
@mew95

There are some places where it is a lot tougher on you than just fines and minor jail time. In some municipalities, you automatically FORFEIT the legal ownership of your car if you are caught street racing in it. That's a huge cost to pay On top of fines+jailtime too. Your license may get yanked too and I do not mean a simple suspension either. When your license gets Revoked that's it and you are done for the rest of your life. There are some sanctioned events that take place within a city and on city streets. The race course is blocked off during these events however. The Movie 'Driven' With Silvester Stalone(I may have spelled that wrong) Show's some sanctioned city racing events. of course these are with Formula 1 Indinapilous 500 style race cars.

Rising sins
08-10-2008, 01:07 AM
well if you say so, on my part PS is an abomination cause it hates my ATI/AMD rig, hell carbon has better frames than this.... seriously
That makes no sense I am using an AMD Athlon 64X2 6400+ Black with a Sapphire hd2600XT and it does better then an intel Core 2 duo with a Nvidia (Shivers) 8800GTX..... HMMM Might be your ram...????

internet3
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
2GB ram, well, ill have to fault my CPU, a 2800+ OC to 3000+ spec..... still it was within reqs, what i find wierd is that even if i pay, low, mid or high it will always be 30, no matter if i run it full low at 640*480, that 30 FPS limiter will still haunt me...

as for other games, i managed to put Crysis in full medium and still somehow get over 30FPS, i got Grid up to 45 to 50(Minus Motion blur), and using old reference here, FarCry to 75-105 FPS, why does Prostreet do so crappy? i have no clue.

maybe is such a crappy NFS my comp hates it...

GTR
08-10-2008, 09:55 PM
2GB ram, well, ill have to fault my CPU, a 2800+ OC to 3000+ spec..... still it was within reqs, what i find wierd is that even if i pay, low, mid or high it will always be 30, no matter if i run it full low at 640*480, that 30 FPS limiter will still haunt me...

as for other games, i managed to put Crysis in full medium and still somehow get over 30FPS, i got Grid up to 45 to 50(Minus Motion blur), and using old reference here, FarCry to 75-105 FPS, why does Prostreet do so crappy? i have no clue.

maybe is such a crappy NFS my comp hates it...
NFS Prostreet needs a very high end CPU. A dual core at least.