View Full Version : Cars that Pro-Street Over Rates or Under rates

FreelancerMar
06-23-2008, 11:10 PM
What cars in the game do you think get Underrated or overrated????

Ill Start with a list of cars that the game Underrates.

ok here it goes

This is a Short List of cars that should have performed better
either in the engine/Power or in the handeling area.

Nissan GTR-R35(AWD). This factory stock car Outperformed the Porsche(997) 911 Turbo
at Nurburgring's Nordschleiffe.(Motor Trend Mag Dec 2007) With this being the case
I expected much more and better performance out of this car. The in game car is
far too underpowered.

Gen 2 Eclipse GSX(Awd) And the Evo IX(Awd). I put both of these cars togethor
becaues they both seem to share the same handeling charteristics. both cars
have a tendency to slide uncontrolability whenever they attempt to take a turn.
This is a charicteristic that AWD cars should not have.

Nissan (S15). Basically a Newer Generation of the (S13). How can the S13
handle like it's on rails and the s15's tail slides everytime it takes a turn?
If anything the S15 should handle as good or better than an S13.

Max16032
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
It's true that, in the game, the GT-R it's not so powerful than the Porsche...But I think that this is the reason:

When a new sports car appears in the market, the factories of racing parts (Like Eibach Springs, Apexi, Greddy, etc) began to produce specific parts to fit in the model.

For example: The Nissan GT-R (R35), being a car that began to appear in public in the last months, has a limited number of commercial racing parts available, because the car is in it's phase of expansion. (The Skyline R34, by the other hand, has too many years in the racing tuner scene, that with the highest and most expensive tuning parts, it can have an aproximate power of 1000 HP!!

The R35 is my favorite car of all time, but itīs limited power (686 HP) itīs not a problem for me. I know that other cars like the Pagani and Lamborguini have an INSANE amount of power, but in my opinion:

Extreme Top Speed and Acceleration = Terrible Handling

Decent Top Speed And Acceleration = Easy-to-drive (More Safely)

That's my opinion

Atte: Max(Victor)

Max16032
12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
A hint of why the GT-R is limited in horsepower!! (From Wikipedia)

In a review by Motor Trend editor Scott Kanemura, it was revealed that the GPS system fitted to the GT-R would remove the 180-kilometer per hour (112 mph) speed limiter when the car arrives at a race track, but ONLY on tracks approved by Nissan. Aftermarket ECUs have been developed to bypass the speed limiter, in addition to stand-alone speed-limiter defeaters.

Hennessey has a GODZILLA package already available for 2008, able to push the GT-R's maximum output to 600 horsepower.

---------------------------------------------------------

These are the brands that I use:

Engine: Comptech
Transmission: Advanced Clutch Technology
Turbo: XS Engineering
Suspension: APEX Systems
Brakes: Brembo
Tires: TOYO
Nitrous: NOS

Zpectre
12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Overrated = Seat Leon Cupra
Underrated = BMW M3 E92

ricersHA
01-03-2009, 06:49 PM
underrated= dodge challenger,hemi-cuda,67 camaro,03 mustang, and viper
overrated= 350Z,GTI, and supra

Indigo
04-06-2009, 01:56 AM
I think the Zonda does not remotely reflect its real performance. Mine has an additional 70+ bhp tacked on and it still is too slow versus the real car.

Also, the Dodge Charger R/T (1969), Ford Mustang GT (2005), and all the Nissan GT-R models (R34, R35, and R35 proto) are all underrated.

The Cozzie is like way underrated though.

The Ford GT however is obscenely overrated performance wise. I hit 60 mph in just over 3 seconds when I tested it stock. Doesn't make a lick of sense...