View Full Version : Is Prostreet Worth Buying?

Apocalypse
07-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Hey guys,
since a lot of time i hav heard mixed comment about nfs:ps
So i wanted to ask u
iS PROSTREET WORTH BUYING?

Actually i had my comp upgraded recently.
Here my spec

P4/dual core 2.0 Ghz
2 Gb Ram
nvidia 7300 gs
250 gb hard disk

PLEASE VOTE ALSO!!

Vanexroxics
07-06-2008, 06:28 AM
You could always try the demo first. If you like it, buy it.

shaunawyong
07-06-2008, 08:08 AM
erm, i dont think your graphics card is good enough.

AgentRoo
07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
7300GS should be adequate, but require minimum settings.

But that's what the demo is for anyway. If you can't run the demo, don't waste time buying the game.

Bl0cks
07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
at first it is ok, but when you have to restart a race 20 times becuase you total your car, it is a real pain in the rear

thedarkstalker
07-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I bought it for 360 and I like it a lot! It's better than Carbon, but not as intense as Most Wanted.

NFS Police Force
07-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Try the demo .Then if you like the demo then get it .I have the game and it is really a waste of money .But if you are a gamer then go ahead and get it .I have the whole set of nfs games.It probly like $19.00 or $20.00 bucks .You can probly get it cheeper on ebay .

FreelancerMar
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Bestbuy has Pro-Street going for $20.00+tax It is Important that The Bestbuy retails are un-used brand new un-opened products. at this point in time id avoid gamestop and ebgames if you wanr an un-opened new product with an unused intact serial key. Id avoid ebay for the same reason as well.

you may want to upgrade your cpu first unless you want screen lag city.

The 7300gs will handle the game fine as long as you turn all the eyecandy off. I ran it on an AMD dualcore 4800+(2.5ghz) with a bfg7600OC Agp 512vram before I upgraded to PCIE-x16. My current rig is an amd dualcore 6000+(3.0ghz) with a new bfg9800gtx oc.

I had some lag with my old system even with everything turned off, but not much. you also didn't mention wether you are running AGP or PCI-Ex16.

shaunawyong
07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
7300GS should be adequate, but require minimum settings.

But that's what the demo is for anyway. If you can't run the demo, don't waste time buying the game.

that was what i was hinting at. LOL

Apocalypse
07-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Bestbuy has Pro-Street going for $20.00+tax It is Important that The Bestbuy retails are un-used brand new un-opened products. at this point in time id avoid gamestop and ebgames if you wanr an un-opened new product with an unused intact serial key. Id avoid ebay for the same reason as well.

you may want to upgrade your cpu first unless you want screen lag city.

The 7300gs will handle the game fine as long as you turn all the eyecandy off. I ran it on an AMD dualcore 4800+(2.5ghz) with a bfg7600OC Agp 512vram before I upgraded to PCIE-x16. My current rig is an amd dualcore 6000+(3.0ghz) with a new bfg9800gtx oc.

I had some lag with my old system even with everything turned off, but not much. you also didn't mention wether you are running AGP or PCI-Ex16.

Uh..
actually i hav the nx7300gs nvidia graphics with turbocache technology and it converts vga on-board memory.
so i hav my graphics card running at 512mb
ITS PCI-16x

I think it will work fine, Though...

THANK YOU
Keep Voting

Dark_Chaos
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
you'll probably like the game if you like gran turismo, stuff like that. but i believe it's worth it 100% for $20 it has alot of great cars fairly realistic, good graphics. kinda boring story though, but if you like just racing it's good. it's not as good as gt3 though. i would just test it first though, cuz' while there's many who don't like it there are quite a few who think it's awesome, and the only way to know is playing it for yourself

bottom line: if you like reasonably realistic track racing then you should like it.

FreelancerMar
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
@ishan1023
The 7600 I was refering to(Mine) was a BFG7600GT OC'd with 512megs of GDDR3. Quite Nice for an Agp card actually.

@Dark_Chaos
Actually there really is no story in Pro-Street. It is just Pure racing. Which IMHO is one of the best things to happen to a modern NFS title Period!!! You may however feel free to disagree with me at any time.

Indigo
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I'd say ProStreet is worth buying if you like the idea of track days in a video game, which is cool for me.

Although it isn't hard, the money for cars comes slow.

On the plus side, the visual stuff is free--paint, vinyls, decals, window tint. All gratis.

Dark_Chaos
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
@Dark_Chaos
Actually there really is no story in Pro-Street. It is just Pure racing. Which IMHO is one of the best things to happen to a modern NFS title Period!!! You may however feel free to disagree with me at any time.

i don't know about pc, but for ps2 there's a story to it, not much of one, but nonetheless, there's a story to it; your ryan cooper and your trying to be the showdown king by progressing in the game and beating the other kings (e.i. the drift king, speed king) then challenging the showdown king. i don't know about pc but that's what it is like for ps2. if it's different for pc feel free to let me know.

AgentRoo
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, the Showdown King's still in there, but I think the point Freelancer Mar was trying to make is that it's not an "in your face" storyline, like we've had since Underground.

FreelancerMar
07-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Thank you AgentRoo. Im not all that good at articulating myself very well. i just try to get my point across the best that I can.

AgentRoo
07-11-2008, 01:42 AM
I have that problem myself sometimes ;)

You know what you want to say, you write it in a way that makes sense to *you*, then someone else reads it differently and much confusion ensures!

Zpectre
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
If you're a BMW fan, then NO. :angry:

If you're a Porsche fan, go ahead. :\

Nikusakken
07-11-2008, 09:41 PM
If you love wasting your money in mediocre games, them buy it...

FreelancerMar
07-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Zpectre is just a wee bit angry because they Fubar'd the M3-E92. Personally I cannot blam him for that. The e92 should have much better handeling than what the game allows for. Than again it is an NFS title and not a racing Sim. The M3-e46 model however handles like a dream and reminds me of the M3-GTR From MostWanted. For the most part I will have to say that Pro-Street does have good fun solid game play even if EA did Fubar some of the cars which it has been doing since NFS7:Underground1 and in some cases even before that.

Pvt Zac
07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Zpectre is just a wee bit angry because they Fubar'd the M3-E92. Personally I cannot blam him for that. The e92 should have much better handeling than what the game allows for. Than again it is an NFS title and not a racing Sim. The M3-e46 model however handles like a dream and reminds me of the M3-GTR From MostWanted. For the most part I will have to say that Pro-Street does have good fun solid game play even if EA did Fubar some of the cars which it has been doing since NFS7:Underground1 and in some cases even before that.

I think that the worst case of Fubaring is in this game, they ****ed up many of the cars including ...

New BMW e92 - stuffed handling
240sx - Wrong specs for it's engine
SIlvia s15 - No turbo, but it has hp of turbo version.
Civic si - Handles Like crap
Eclipse gsx - has gst badging

I'm sure there are more i cant think of right now.

Apocalypse
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Edit:
Sorry I Went Offtopic !

Heres The Pics

Rich-D
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Ishaan, look around the forums first. I have seen plenty topics that deal with the patch and game crashing.

Zpectre
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM

There are a ton of other cars.

Viper: Low bhp compared to what it's supposed to be able of.
Skyline: Slow, slow, slow... For almost 1000 bhp it's just too slow.
Cuda: Spins its wheels as if running on snow, impossible to tune for drag.
Camaro Concept: Good for nothing.
GT-R R35: Arguably the best car in the world... a heap of tin in the game.
Silvia: Surprisingly poor at drifting... easy to do the moves with but most of the time they don't result in good points.

And I'm sure others exist but I haven't played the game enough and it's been some time since I completed a race.

On the opposite side of the spectrum there are Porsches, Porsches and Porsches... Maybe not in Drag or Drift but I've seen people willing to make cars like Carrera GT or GT2 work in Drag and they got pretty good times with them. Yet in real life the 997 Turbo only gets close to the R35 because Walther Rohrl is a magician behind the wheel (not that I prefer the Nissan, a car with absolutely no class, but that's how EA overrates Porsches... go figure).

No wonder Ferrari left them.

Nikusakken
07-20-2008, 10:04 PM
As we see "super powerful" Porsches in NFSs, we see Gemballas and RUFs in MC and Gran Turismo respectively. Nice...

GTR
07-21-2008, 09:39 PM
My opinion: If you're looking for a game with the best experience of closed track racing, then go for it. Its the kinda game that puts a big grin on your face, but its unpolished and messed up in many places. I like the sounds, the graphics, and the physics a lot. What I hate about is the fact that they ignored lot of the mapping and modeling issues with the models, and the extremely poor customization. Other than that, its one hell of a game.

Zpectre
07-21-2008, 10:45 PM
As we see "super powerful" Porsches in NFSs, we see Gemballas and RUFs in MC and Gran Turismo respectively. Nice...

RUFs are stripped of anything that increases weight, so it's normal for them to be fast. In TDU they're fastest too, but the Rt12 is very unwieldy.

edlemur
07-21-2008, 11:30 PM
My opinion: If you're looking for a game with the best experience of closed track racing, then go for it.

I definately do NOT agree with this. I can name 3 games that outdo Prostreet in closed track racing. Prostreet doesn't even compare.
Forza, GT, PGR
Taking those 3 into consideration, PS is ridiculously distant from offering "the best experience of closed track racing." its not even funny

FreelancerMar
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
@edlemur

all 3 of those you listed are TV Box Consoles. None of those titles are available for the PC, which is a real shame. As it stands, GTR is Correct for the PC side of things. I do have an Origional Xbox and I do have Forza and I do agree with you that Pro-Street does not even come close to Forza. BUT For a PC title Pro-Street is probably the best you are likely to see for a fun game. If Forza (1 or 2) was available for the PC, Id buy them up in a heartbeat and drop Pro-street like a sack of rotten potatos. 1 of the reasons i do not play forza as much as i like is because the game controler tends to make my hands cramp up. I do not have that problem with my Thrustmaster top gun afterburner flight stick which is kind of a hotas which does not cramp up my hands. I have no experience with PGR or GT so I cannot comment on those two titles.

edlemur
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
True. I forgot this was for PC.
But then again, there's GRID. Everything in that game perfected what PS couldnt except the car list :(

AgentRoo
07-24-2008, 02:34 AM
And the inability to tune a car.

Bit wierd, as no tuning makes for a more balanced multiplayer game, yet I can't even think of playing GRID as it has no tuning (well, that and the fact that I hate the demo with it's excessive Drift scores).

Oh, and I hate the extremely soft grass in the touring car races which cause your car to spin out when 1mm of tyre strays onto the grass!

edlemur
07-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Bit wierd, as no tuning makes for a more balanced multiplayer game, yet I can't even think of playing GRID as it has no tuning (well, that and the fact that I hate the demo with it's excessive Drift scores).

Oh, and I hate the extremely soft grass in the touring car races which cause your car to spin out when 1mm of tyre strays onto the grass!

LIES! LIES!!!!

How did you measure that 1mm? :P
And I still cant believe you cant pass the drift challanges on the easiest settings. i get more than double the score on normal difficulty; yet i still get raped when I play online. I'm sure it just might be you cant drift :P

AgentRoo
07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Nah, just that I can't be a-, erm, bothered to learn after 3 attempts on the demo, getting my a-, erm, backside handed to me every time.

Yeah, I was exaggerating on the 1mm thing, but it still bugs me when I want to pass, stray slightly onto the grass and bam! spin out, slammed into by 4 or 5 cars and siting there going "duuuh, what?"

Didn't have that problem on Pro Street :D

eddie_brunette
07-30-2008, 03:58 AM
I really like it.

If you an ARCADE gamer, stay away, but if you like some realism go for it. I've been waiting for years and years (since Accolade GP series) where cars get damaged. I think the last was the first Test Drive series in late 80's!

Arcade players (usually keyboard players :) ) like to win by driving into other cars, bounce of walls and then post” New Track records". It really bugs me how some think they are great racers. Image the NFS Street series(Most Wanted, Underground, Carbon etc) all had the PS damage models, how lovely the street racing would have been, how crucial it would have been to drive on your side of the road, overtake on blind corners would be risky, no more bumping police cars out of the way etc.

I really think all simdevs must take leaf out of this sim and create even more realistic sims in the future e.g. Using LFS physics with this EA damage models.

IMHO race SIMS need to be more realistic and separate titled GAMES for arcade players

edd

edlemur
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
If you want realism, you most definately do NOT get PS. You get Forza or GT. Hell, TDU in hardcore mode, PGR, GRID, and even NFSU2 are more realistic than PS. And please lets not bring PS damage model into this. Sure the damage on PS is rendered well for scratches and bumps; but its affect on your handling is arcadish. Besides, GRID and probable even Forza and PGR have better damage.

PS is just an arcade game that tried to be a simulation that was still easy to drive. And failed.

AMV8 VANTAGE
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Prostreet is WORST NFS GAME...EVER!

IMO This is order of best - worst NFS so far and what machine i played them on

1. Porsche Unleashed (PC)
2. High Stakes (PC)
3. Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox)
4. Underground (Xbox)
5. NFS3 (PS)
6.Most Wanted (360)
7. NFS (PC)
8. NFS2 (PS)
9. Carbon (360)
10. Underground 2 (Xbox)
11. Prostreet (PC)

My recommendation is buy an old NFS or wait for undercover, hope it gets back to the exotic cars in exotic locations and not the chav tuner city style games.

FreelancerMar
10-26-2008, 12:03 AM
@edlemur

If EA had not Fubar'd the cars the way that they did then Pro-Street probably would have been a much better game. In Forza, The Mazda RX Classes are not even close to the near perfect handeling that Pro-Street gives them. That Much horsepower + feather weight status makes them a pain to Maneuver. Don't get me wrong. If you can drive them properly in forza they are very difficult to beat. Espically in the Event that Requires a car with 200 or less Bhp. that RX7-FC is perfect for that event.

06FERRARIENZO
10-28-2008, 09:49 AM
save your money for undercover!!!!!!!!!!!

FreelancerMar
10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
@06Ferrarienzo

If I wanted to play Grand Theft Auto, Then I would buy that game. I want a racing game not a GTA clone.

06FERRARIENZO
10-28-2008, 11:16 AM
ok buy whatever game you want to but im saving my money for undercover:D

R8CCXVeyron
10-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Buy Undercover instead. PS is a decent racing game if you don't have any other alternatives. But then again. There are a lot of racing games out there.