View Full Version : Need For Speed: Undercover General Discussion - Release Date 11-18-08

Sinister
07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
TriCity.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2294/map1600kb8.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=map1600un7.jpg)
(click for Larger view)

Start learning the map now, when you're racing you'll want to know some shortcuts.

Game Modes
- Highway Battle
- Cops and Robbers
- Property Destruction

Sinister
10-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Unlocked - Discuss.

AgentRoo
10-11-2008, 05:06 AM
Noe easy to see being blue-on-blue :P

Good highway circling the map.

Is that a Stadium in the south?

Looks like oil or gas tanks to the east.

Anway, typical NFS cities - flipping tiny!

CVPI19
10-12-2008, 08:01 AM
I recently discovered that one of the Most Wanted Blacklist Racers Isabel "Izzy" Diaz is back in Undercover making Izzy the third character other than the Hero a.k.a. the Most Wanted Street Racer as Cross called him in Most Wanted and Cross himself in Carbon.

R8CCXVeyron
10-12-2008, 08:24 AM
^

Where'd you get the info? And what will she be? Fellow racer? Fellow Undercover cop? Cameo?

I like it, long as there's a highway I'm good. Reminds me of MW's map

Indigo
10-12-2008, 08:30 AM
What the hell kinda city is this? Looks like a little county by the bay or something equally stupid.

Good grief...I'm liking the ring highway though.

CVPI19
10-12-2008, 09:26 AM
^

Where'd you get the info? And what will she be? Fellow racer? Fellow Undercover cop? Cameo?

I like it, long as there's a highway I'm good. Reminds me of MW's map

The Undercover website confirms that Izzy is going to be in Hector and Zach Maio's gang. If you click one of the blobs of water and look for Hector's dossier you will see Izzy's name as one of his acquaintances. Hector's dossier also confirms the return of Caleb Reece from Underground 2 as well since his name is listed in the dossier as well. This first marks the appearance of a Underground series character outside of Need for Speed: Underground and Underground 2 as well.

http://www.needforspeed.com/undercover/home.action

R8CCXVeyron
10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info then man! Awesome news. Caleb's in the game.

Xetrem190
10-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I can't wait to get this game! Btw. Here is something not new to please some NFS Fans.

Frank Gibeau (President of the EA Games label) has stated that due to the fact that the sales of ProStreet didn't live up to EA's hopes for the game, the Need for Speed franchise will go back to its roots.

theo
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
What the hell kinda city is this? Looks like a little county by the bay or something equally stupid.

yeah seriously, mapping looks kind of weird...

I'm kind of stoked though, sounds like it will be an improvement, map and cars are looking aight.

-theo

OZ
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
not trying to cause a rumor, but that big empty area on the left part of the map screams dlc for me... seriously, is a hella big empty space there...

now only if ea catches the drift...

CVPI19
10-14-2008, 03:45 AM
not trying to cause a rumor, but that big empty area on the left part of the map screams dlc for me... seriously, is a hella big empty space there...

now only if ea catches the drift...

I'm guess that empty space there is water since its a bay and also to Sinister there is also another cop mode too Criminal Scramble mode (PC, X-Box 360, PS3 and DS) while Cops and Robbers is also included with the Wii's Party Play Mode, as well as Own the Open World Mode, and Chase Down Mode which is a cop mode for the PSP only. Now Christina Milian plays a girl named Carmen Mendez she also one of the bad guys you have to deal with in the game too.

R8CCXVeyron
10-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Knew it I thought that girl was very familiar.

I sorta agree with OZ that is a big space. And the northern part of the map, think there'll be canyon races? I think so.

CVPI19
10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I also learned about a rumor about arcade mode with no playable cops in it. Someone told me that they found the rumor in a forum. I personally do not believe the rumor to be true because of the found Criminal Scramble mode in Arcade mode for the PC, PS3, and X-Box 360 has been confirmed. Does anyone agree or disagree about this rumor about playable cops in arcade mode?

GTR
10-17-2008, 04:57 PM

I second this statement.

R8CCXVeyron
10-18-2008, 08:20 AM
To people who don't know....

Check out this fruking amazing vid. I'm getting hyped up for this game.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14234994/need-for-speed-undercover/videos/nfs_uc_copsrobbers_100808.html

svbla
10-24-2008, 07:51 AM
don't you think the city map looks like map in NFS 9?

MclarenX
10-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Generally speaking, yes. All of Rockport's elements are in Tri-City. First of all: There's the long looping highway. Second, both downtown portion, which is by the bay, in the lower edge of the map, and having a stadium area or an open space. Third is the "nature" area in the northern portion next to the highway, and fourth would be the roads along the coastline which was present in the recent Need for Speeds with the freeroam feature.

This map does interest me though; the bay area in the middle of the map pretty much means you can see any area from any other area, and the strange geography of Tri-City is worth a second look. It kinda reminds me Hong Kong now that I think about it, with the mountains next to the sea and a heavily populated island out there too.

NFS Police Force
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
It's kind of seam odd that we have not seen a Criminal Scramble video yet .I know alot of people are looking foward to a new cop mod .Thy don't give a crap about the story line .Thy would rather play the cop mod .Thy screwed use in nfsmw and for some resion I have a fealing thy are going to do it agin .Not everyone has internet to play cops and robbers and that look kind of boring .And it look you get the crap patrol car and no sirens for the patrol car in the game .How in the heck are you going to tell if the light are on or off .This is not look to good .I am not going to spend almost 40 buck and get screw agin with out a cop mod.Maybe that why thy did not give use a demo .

NFS CHASER
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I watched a video of cops and robbers mode on gamespot and it looked pretty fun to me.

Also, I noticed that at the start none of the police had their flashing lights on, but as soon as a robber picked up the money, I heard a ton of sirens go off, and when you see the people playing as police again, their lights are flashing and their sirens are going off.

I'd assume that grabbing money automatically switches on the flashing lights and sirens of the cops.

EDIT: Also, I just wanted to comment on how there using the civic cruiser police car again. I think it looks alright, but I'd like it way better if they did some redesign of it or changed it's look or something. They did that to the Rhino, and it still IS a rhino, but it looks insanely awesome. Why can't they do it for the civic cruiser too?

R8CCXVeyron
10-30-2008, 05:14 AM
I watched a video of cops and robbers mode on gamespot and it looked pretty fun to me.

Also, I noticed that at the start none of the police had their flashing lights on, but as soon as a robber picked up the money, I heard a ton of sirens go off, and when you see the people playing as police again, their lights are flashing and their sirens are going off.

I'd assume that grabbing money automatically switches on the flashing lights and sirens of the cops.

EDIT: Also, I just wanted to comment on how there using the civic cruiser police car again. I think it looks alright, but I'd like it way better if they did some redesign of it or changed it's look or something. They did that to the Rhino, and it still IS a rhino, but it looks insanely awesome. Why can't they do it for the civic cruiser too?

Well, I guess they wouldn't do that because the Civic Cruiser would get rammed around easily! :rolleyes5 :D

Really I can't wait for this game. I cannot. :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

I'd probably spend some time on the northern part of the map! Mountains and such!

CVPI19
11-15-2008, 06:51 AM
To OZ I told you I was right about the huge space on the map being mostly water since this trailer confirms it as the Tri-City Bay. Here look at the video everyone for proof that I was right about the space being the Tri-City bay.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14234988/need-for-speed-undercover/videos/NFSUC_MAP_102308.html

MclarenX
11-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Which space are you talking about? I thought OZ was talking about that part on the upper-left of the map on the outskirts of Port Crescent.

t3ku
11-16-2008, 06:58 AM
This map looks....promising, just wonder if they got it to be to scale like TDU is.

CVPI19
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Which space are you talking about? I thought OZ was talking about that part on the upper-left of the map on the outskirts of Port Crescent.

I was talking about the lower left side of the map being the tri-city bay that I was talking about not the upper left half of the map.

MclarenX
11-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Yeah, but I was talking about what OZ was talking about, so which one was it OZ?

theo
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Is it really that big a deal to you people

-theo

Double Mac
11-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Is it really that big a deal to you people

Yeah, what are the odds that EA might release an entire area of the map as an add-on? F***ing none, I'm afraid. And the (already announced) extra track routes will probably not be available in the career mode - I'd be surprised if they were accessible in the single race mode.

filzoresta
12-04-2008, 03:52 AM
i never play this game yet...since it out....pitty off me, but i will carry forward on it...i hope everyone can give me a tips about playing a brand new racing game (NFS undercover).there is relly valueble to me, because next year i will play it on WCG malaysia.... ;-)

alex stelu
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
hi everyone, I know I'm silly but I can't find "my cars". Can anyone help me please?

MclarenX
01-16-2009, 08:17 PM
It's in the "Online" part of the pause menu.

Leon94
11-12-2010, 12:40 PM
hey, hope anybody is still looking in here... i don't know where i should post it, so i do it right here: in same screenshots, i see that some players had made a photo of police cars (the muscle car and the blue nissan) is it possible to drive them? if yes - how?

Alexc12fr
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM
You've bumped an 1 year old thread.
Make a thread or use search tool, instead.