View Full Version : Need For Speed: Undercover Storyline

Mike343
08-15-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.nfscars.net/article/view/404.aspx

Apocalypse
08-15-2008, 10:24 AM
COOL, huh
So, we will be UNDERCOVER cops, i guess?

edlemur
08-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Seems like a hard storyline to pull off without making it look ridiculous. I hope they don't focus too much on that. And instead focus on the gameplay. I am not paying $40 to see some C class film. I am paying $40 for a videogame that I am expecting to deliver.
With that said, I sure am going to miss the good ol' chases.
Oh, and that 911 GT2 screen is orgasmic.

OZ
08-15-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.nfscars.net/article/view/404.aspx

was it intended to the link to the storlyline be a 404 code? :D

"storyline not found"

Meastro444
08-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Let me see:

Riced Porsche.... YUCK
Same Crap policecars from Most Wanted and Carbon.

hmm.... dont like it, so far.

On the other hand, the graphics look real good though, despite the 2 issues described above. and im sure the Video's will be interesting.

anyway, ill be watching it.

Meastro444

Mike343
08-15-2008, 12:47 PM
was it intended to the link to the storlyline be a 404 code? :D

"storyline not found"

what are you talking about?

OZ
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
what are you talking about?

the link to the storyline you posted is a 404.aspx, which somehow reminded of those http 404 errors: file not found.

due the lacking of a good storyline on the previous nfses, the first thing that came to my mind was "storyline not found."

Imprezzive
08-15-2008, 01:53 PM
To be honest, it doesn't seem that bad.

KF72
08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Ooh, I like this idea.

Mike343
08-15-2008, 05:05 PM
the link to the storyline you posted is a 404.aspx, which somehow reminded of those http 404 errors: file not found.

due the lacking of a good storyline on the previous nfses, the first thing that came to my mind was "storyline not found."

ah now I got ya. I thought the page was not loading for you.

edlemur
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM

It actually could have some potential, but EA wont deliver. This is a videogame first, film second. Or so I hope.

NFS CHASER
08-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Will there still be police chases in this game? Or will the police not chase you because they know you're one of them "undercover"?

I saw a police chase in the teaser, but that could just be a cutscene or something, the police might not chase the player, only other racers they're trying to crack down on.

Sinister
08-16-2008, 07:37 AM
im guessing both, you will be chased, then later in the game you will chase.

Speedy25
08-16-2008, 07:46 AM
So far it looks like its about the same as MW and thats what i like,well anyway i just hope the gameplay wont be like MW or carbon.

Gerhard`
08-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Storyline almost sounds like the 1st Fast & Furios movie, wich wasn't too bad in terms of creativity. Wonder if Vin Diesel will make an appearance :)

The screenshots look very realistic, reminds me somehow of Crysis?

Just hope EA doesn't disappoint with the final product, but for now it looks and sounds good.

Revolution
08-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Hmm.. I'm not really impressed.
It looks like Most Wanted again, with mildly better graphics, which still, whilst nice, aren't as good as they should be.
I'll keep an eye on it, but as of right now the prospect of this game doesn't enthuse me.

edlemur
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Hmm.. I'm not really impressed.
It looks like Most Wanted again, with mildly better graphics, which still, whilst nice, aren't as good as they should be.
I'll keep an eye on it, but as of right now the prospect of this game doesn't enthuse me.

I think these graphics are fine. You're forgetting this is an OPEN environment. Its not just rendering a simple track like in GT5 or GRID.

Zpectre
08-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I think these graphics are fine. You're forgetting this is an OPEN environment. Its not just rendering a simple track like in GT5 or GRID.

And, considering it will be most likely a console port, I believe that cutting a bit on the graphics department will make it play better. Just look at TDU which requires a very good PC to be playable on max settings.

xeto_ae
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Anyone knows the minimum required for PC for this game?

Ľale
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone knows the minimum required for PC for this game?
Wrong thread.

xeto_ae
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
well guys. one day i have an idea!..
EA says on an interview that it will return to their roots..
So if we think a little, the start of NFS was as one of you says: Hot Pursuit [Police] and the older games like high states an others, and if we see that the game that revived NFS was "UNDERGROUND" then MW, etc...so lets see the NFS story..

VERY VERY SHORT RESUME!...
- You start playing as a street racer and then u race with Eddy! [U1]
- Then you have problems with some guys in your city so you move out to Bayview[U2]
- You start with a M3 in a city called Rockport and razor stills you a race and then your car, etc.. and police was behind black list and at the end you scape of this city..
- You go to Palmont City and you back to pay old factures we can say.. etc
- Then you start playing but in series of professional circuits and things like that...

In undercover I think that you return to street races but with an exeption, you will be the undercover cop in the races and youre behind someone or something...
Its only what i can imagine seeing the videos of http://www.whichroadtotake.com/
something like The fast & the Furious..

PD:
[Some of you says that this underground series were crap, etc.. but for me this was a big change because U1 change the think of people to play NFS cause older ones was only with exotic cars or prototypes, now they were like in a part more realistic! and for me is my favorite game and believe me that I know of this change cause I play NFS since 5 or 6 years old and i played all games and this game make NFS more popular..I have 17 years & I bet that to many people havent played older games.. they dont know whats really crap! hehehe]

*Harder game ever = Career of NFS High States.. lol

FOX
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Well to be honest you're not up to date with certain things. UC storyline was already disclosed and will revolve around player taking role of an undercover cop tasked with taking down a crime syndicate. And the site with interrogation video takes you to main EA site after watching trailer. Then you get a rotary scene with GT2, Evo10 and IS350 chased by Skyline Proto cop cars, 1 SUV and 1 unidentified black car, possibly another Skyline Proto. Clicking on briefcase will get you a heads-up on how your superiors will contact with you and give you mission briefings. Clicking on glass shards will give you general idea on how Tri-City looks with districts like Sunset Hills, Tri City Hway, Expressway. New gameplay named Hway Battle is also introduced. Cars featured are Lancer Evo 10, Lexus IS350, Porsche GT2 and Skyline Proto and Saleen Mustang as cop cars. One site is also featured in the scene being www.speedhunters.com

MclarenX
08-28-2008, 02:02 AM
VERY VERY SHORT RESUME!...
- You start playing as a street racer and then u race with Eddy! [U1]
- Then you have problems with some guys in your city so you move out to Bayview[U2]
- You start with a M3 in a city called Rockport and razor stills you a race and then your car, etc.. and police was behind black list and at the end you scape of this city..
- You go to Palmont City and you back to pay old factures we can say.. etc
- Then you start playing but in series of professional circuits and things like that...

I bet a bunch of people noticed it before, but Prostreet didn't follow the continuity. I think it was just one story with U1-U2, then another one with MW-C. I didn't find anything to relate U2 to MW aside from Rog mentioning "Bayview" and "The Underground" to the player. I didn't really think Prostreet had a story.

GTR
08-28-2008, 04:27 AM
well it kinda did. Ryan Cooper has been street racing all his life and now suddenly comes to closed track racing. obviously referring to the stuff going on in the 4 NFS releases before itself. but anyways.

I always thought why is it that NFS story lines suck so bad and GTA's and Driver's don't. I guess they just didn't spend enough time on the story lines. This seems like they're finally trying to get it right.

Actually now that I think of it, having a story line is more necessary than it seems. Or at least a series of continuous missions or races. TDU doesn't have either of the two which makes it more boring than it is already.

MclarenX
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I guess the stories kinda fit, I'm disappointed that my character was named Ryan Cooper all along. one thing I don't understand though: Why would such a successful street racer start from scratch as a rookie in legal races?

Well, anyway, I guess the NFS storylines pretty much sucked. I posted that I liked stories in some other threads, but some people went against that by saying stuff like "Hell no, the storylines sucked". They misinterpreted me. I said "I like stories" not "I like THE stories" (I completely understand those who didn't misinterpret me, the ones who said that NFS didn't need storylines, the ones that can read between the lines. I'm cool with them).

That aside, I'm kinda glad that EA's NFS storyline has gone hollywood, it'll probably help the games out...as long as it dosen't interfere with the gameplay like what it did to Carbon. It would have been a nice game if it weren't so ******* short.

OZ
08-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I guess the stories kinda fit, I'm disappointed that my character was named Ryan Cooper all along. one thing I don't understand though: Why would such a successful street racer start from scratch as a rookie in legal races?

Well, anyway, I guess the NFS storylines pretty much sucked. I posted that I liked stories in some other threads, but some people went against that by saying stuff like "Hell no, the storylines sucked". They misinterpreted me. I said "I like stories" not "I like THE stories" (I completely understand those who didn't misinterpret me, the ones who said that NFS didn't need storylines, the ones that can read between the lines. I'm cool with them).

That aside, I'm kinda glad that EA's NFS storyline has gone hollywood, it'll probably help the games out...as long as it dosen't interfere with the gameplay like what it did to Carbon. It would have been a nice game if it weren't so ******* short.

street credzz worth shit on any racetrack :P No mater how successful you are on street racing, track racing is a whole different world and game. Thats why you gotta start as a rookie...

fd2black
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
i agree with gerhard, it simply sounds like fast and the furious. its seems like a fallback since they couldnt think of anything new themselves. i wont be that impressed with nfs again unless they bring back the original series.

Nikusakken
08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I just hope that it doesn't have as many cliches as Carbon and ProStreet had...

Edit: At least, they have Maggie Q in it :P

MclarenX
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
street credzz worth shit on any racetrack :P No mater how successful you are on street racing, track racing is a whole different world and game. Thats why you gotta start as a rookie...

Sorry, stated the question wrong. It was supposed to be: Why would such a successful street racer even decide to go to legal racing? Did he get busted and said he couldn't take it anymore? because that would be lame:(

theo
08-28-2008, 06:09 PM

agreed. looks half decent.
Agreed with lemur though, I want gameplay not a movie with 3d womenz with clothes on.

-theo

SubyRS
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM
The entire focus of NFS has shifted from a racing game to a criminal story line. There is no way that can have any good effect on the racing. The series has been eroding for the last two episodes with no change in dirrrection in site.

A new movie based game has nothing in common with any NFS roots. There were no stories, and none were needed.

It seems EA is looking for a new type of customer with this game. They'll need a new to replace me. NFS is in the dumpster now.

OZ
08-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry, stated the question wrong. It was supposed to be: Why would such a successful street racer even decide to go to legal racing? Did he get busted and said he couldn't take it anymore? because that would be lame:(

Recognition.

Most of the street racers dream of having some sort of recognition, as most of their idols are in fact track drivers. Strumming around your neighborhood will grant you popularity around your peers, which is a very small world. Winning a track race will gain you much more respect and popularity and money than that...

Sinister
08-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Street Racing, idolized by a city of *******s.

Professional Racing, idolized by the world of car enthusiasts

R8CCXVeyron
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
*Harder game ever = Career of NFS High States.. lol

Have to agree with you on that one. :)

NFS storylines are not that bad. Like MW I thought it was ok.

I hope this new NFSU would have the physics of NFS HP2. I had tons of fun with that game.

AgentRoo
10-13-2008, 05:26 AM
This appears to be a continuation of the Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon storylines.

(Caleb from Underground 2 and Izzy from Most Wanted have their names on crew lists, and Cross is around somewhere).

It seems inevitable that the "hero" drives into Tri-City, presumably in the R8/Lemans from Carbon, participates in at least one race or chase, then loses the car and has to start agin from the beginning.

(The only exception to this are the 2 Undergrounds, as the "hero" had no car in U1, although you did do the "daydream" race, and in U2 you "borrowed" Rachels 350Z for a period).

Entry level cars look likely to be on a par with Most Wanted, based on the Car List so far (that is to say, ~200hp hot hatches) - probably the Cossie, Golf Mk V R32 and Mazdaspeed 3 (again, based on the current list).

As to whether it's Ryan Cooper, who knows?

RedTwentyFour
10-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Ladies and Gentleman, RYAN COOPER! i dunno, but classicly itll start with losing a superior car.

OZ
10-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, RYAN COOPER! i dunno, but classicly itll start with losing a superior car.

man... you have no idea how much i hate that name now xD

MclarenX
10-14-2008, 03:18 AM
man... you have no idea how much i hate that name now xD

Everyone who's played Prostreet with the sound on hates that name now:)

Apocalypse
10-14-2008, 06:46 AM
(The only exception to this are the 2 Undergrounds, as the "hero" had no car in U1, although you did do the "daydream" race, and in U2 you "borrowed" Rachels 350Z for a period).

Actually player loses his Nissan Skyline R34 to Eddie in NFS UG2
Need For Speed Underground 2 takes place in Bayview after the events of Need for Speed: Underground. The prologue begins with the player driving in a Nissan Skyline R34 in Olympic City (though the racing scenes are actually in Bayview), the setting of NFS:UG. He then receives a race challenge from a rather ominous personality who offers him a spot on his crew, but "won't take 'no' for an answer." The player races off — despite Samantha's warnings — to find the guy only to be ambushed by a mysterious driver in a rage that totals his Skyline. The driver, who has a unique scythe tattoo, makes a call confirming the accident, and the flashback fades out.

AgentRoo
10-14-2008, 07:51 AM
ishaan, I didn't mention the Skyline as you don't actually get to drive it in game - you've lost it before you start playing. Rachel's 350Z on the other hand, you do drive.

FreelancerMar
10-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I will second all of those that said that they hope the focus will be on the gameplay. Alas I very much doubt it. As for NFS going back to it's roots??? Well EA seems to have forgotten ALL nfs titles Prior to NFS7 and considers NFS7&8 to be it's roots. Probably because That series is what made it the most $$$$$$$. I do truely hope that I am wrong about this.

R8CCXVeyron
10-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Actually player loses his Nissan Skyline R34 to Eddie in NFS UG2

Hold on. I thought that bald guy was Caleb? :rolleyes5

No... see that guy with the scythe tatoo was Caleb.

Eddie's crew was done with that last race against Melissa.

I'm confused.