View Full Version : Undercover - Official Box Art.

KF72
09-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Epic (http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=95001300)

W-What?

Ľale
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Some of the ones created on this site look better...hopefully the game turns out alright.

Linkin
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree, I liked GTR's cover better.

thedarkstalker
09-05-2008, 09:26 PM
they could take that face off the image and i'll like it like 1000% more...

KF72
09-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Some of the ones created on this site look better...hopefully the game turns out alright.
+1
I agree, I liked GTR's cover better.
+1
they could take that face off the image and i'll like it like 1000% more...
+1

Those 3 posts= WIN

Vanexroxics
09-05-2008, 10:14 PM
wat teh f*k?

please, GTR's cover was much better.

mouzman
09-05-2008, 11:10 PM
really does look cheap.... i prefer GTR's over this one...

OZ
09-05-2008, 11:23 PM
man... WTF EA is doing? is this how they plan to "win" us back? if so, they're doing it wrong...

Nikusakken
09-05-2008, 11:51 PM
I just hope that cover is unofficial, but it seems difficulty...

Apocalypse
09-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Its EA's official site,so it has to be it...

And as Said before GTR's Cover was way BETTER than this cover.... There is now doubt

darkrazor1945
09-06-2008, 04:21 AM
GTR's cover looks better....

The official ones are ugly :P

R8CCXVeyron
09-06-2008, 04:26 AM
GTR's cover was waaay better. The Evo looks good.

Killua
09-06-2008, 08:54 PM
That cover is pile of shit... I mean, the perspective of the Porsche looks awkward and the city on the background gives me a feeling as it was a SimCity game. Needless to say, the face looks so out-of-place.

GTR should be working on EA's graphic design dept.

Sinister
09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
EA's Official Cover Left
Amir (GTRs) Right

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/9371/battleofcoversyy9.jpg

You decide.

Bl0cks
09-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Didnt they change the cover for Underground 2 a while back?

I don't like EA's cover either, but you can look at it this way, Porsche prolly wants some advertising

Apocalypse
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
EA's Official Cover Left
Amir (GTRs) Right

You decide.

OBVIOUSLY, GTR's. There is a very nice creativity and design behind his cover which EA's definitely lack.. though, all opinions differ.. its just mine..

OD211
09-07-2008, 09:37 AM
GTR's cover - Looks fast, and is creative. WIN

EA's cover - Taking away the out-of-place face would noticeably improve it. But the perspective on the Porsche just doesn't fit. Full-side view of the city isn't very creative in this case either. Simply sticking a Lambo on a road at night time and having siren lights with no apparent source colouring the area around it would've made a far better cover than this one IMO.

TwinTurboGTR
09-07-2008, 11:27 AM
While EA's looks more professional, GTR's is much cooler. GTR > EA.

OZ
09-07-2008, 12:06 PM
While EA's looks more professional, GTR's is much cooler. GTR > EA.

looks more professional? how?:o
define it for me pls as i didn't get what you meant by that.

edlemur
09-07-2008, 12:16 PM
i would go with EA's. GTRs is better than EAs, but I'd go with EAs for the official cover because it doesnt "reuse" from previous NFS games. besides how did the evo get through that roadblock? :P

JasonDaPsycho
09-09-2008, 06:47 AM
man, the poster looks more like a lame "The Fast and The Furious" rip-off than a video game
and why is Maggie Q's face on the cover?
it ruined everything
what were they thinking?
the winner of our cover contest owns the official one

shouldn't the cover deliver a clear message- it's a racing game filled with cool customizing and speed and racing...?
it didn't bring me that feeling
I mean even the cover of "Carbon" owns this
it's a little too "peaceful", with cop cars that seems easy to be evaded
at least put a helicopter in the cover art
and a cop car next to the Porsche
it will look a lot more appealing to us

Ľale
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
There are helicopters in the box art...

FOX
09-09-2008, 07:11 PM
besides how did the evo get through that roadblock? :P
My thought exactly. I went OWUT when first saw GTR's early beta of the cover with Evo10 no-clipping through blockade.
Anyway my choice is obvious and goes for GTR's cover and EA's looks like 20-minutes-in-PS-during-lunch-break. And what's the idea of promoting European car again... I thought EA would finally go for some American cars like Ford GT, Corvette Z06 or Saleen S7 TT.

internet3
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
lol at box, GTR's obviously looks wayy better, but if we cant settle in any lets do this:

Replace the Evo with the Porsche on GTR's cover, end of problems, UN-riced pls!

And i want to recall as well, Prosteet changed like 3 times it's cover before the final one was made (remember the RX-7 on Prostreet?)

JasonDaPsycho
09-10-2008, 04:37 AM
There are helicopters in the box art...

yea?
oh I see
it's looks like a palm tree when viewed from a distance

CAN YOU AT LEAST PLACE THE HELICOPTERS A LITTLE CLOSER?

MclarenX
09-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Porsche prolly wants some advertising

I don't get: If Porsche wants advertising, then why would they let their car be riced like that:\

GTR's work pwns, it always has. IMO, the official cover seems more suited for a postcard than a cover for a game. It actually kinda reminds me of Burnout: Paradise. Also there's a feeling of "cheesy" when you look at it. I mean: your car doesn't look like part of the picture, Maggie Q's face is there (makes it look strange, creepy even), and there's something else...something I just can't point out right now.

Well, box art aside, we should focus on the game. Boxes can be thrown away, but if you throw the game away...you might as well just throw a 50$ bill into a furnace and have it's ashes for lunch.

darkrazor1945
09-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't get: If Porsche wants advertising, then why would they let their car be riced like that:\

GTR's work pwns, it always has. IMO, the official cover seems more suited for a postcard than a cover for a game. It actually kinda reminds me of Burnout: Paradise. Also there's a feeling of "cheesy" when you look at it. I mean: your car doesn't look like part of the picture, Maggie Q's face is there (makes it look strange, creepy even), and there's something else...something I just can't point out right now.

Well, box art aside, we should focus on the game. Boxes can be thrown away, but if you throw the game away...you might as well just throw a 50$ bill into a furnace and have it's ashes for lunch.

Official cover looks worst.

GTR
09-13-2008, 01:12 AM
EA's Official Cover Left
Amir (GTRs) Right

You decide.

They look somewhat alike...I mean, look at the "undercover" logo. See the white glow around it? look at the cops on the tail, the color of the car, the motion blurs, road reflections...even that red line in the background of mine (on the left) is repeated likewise on theirs (on the right). not saying they looked at mine or anything lol, just addressing the parallel thinking.

I actually liked their cover at first, but unless its a montage, its the kinda thing anyone could do with PS in a few hours. I look at it and see cheap choppings everywhere. the lens flares for example, or the face of that nasty hoe in the sky (whoever came up with that idea). it seems as if they either did way too much planning for finding out where everything goes, or they made a super large picture on a super huge monitor. either way, they figured they have too much space to fill, and its not making much sense.

I chose Evo X because it seemed to be the main car of the game when I saw the first trailer. It'd take seconds for me to change it to another car. just a replaceable layer. im actually curious how itd look like.

Nonetheless, I'm very glad to hear that you guys actually prefer mine over theirs. Really nice of you to say that. But I personally think theirs a little more polished and planned out then mine. You know, I did have a deadline to meet. :P

911 GT3-RS
09-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Personally, I think GTR's cover is amazing. As is EA's. The only thing I ask is....how the heck did you do that, GTR? Please tell me what programs you used!

EA: 8/10
GTR:9.5/10

GTR>EA

Apocalypse
09-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Personally, I think GTR's cover is amazing. As is EA's. The only thing I ask is....how the heck did you do that, GTR? Please tell me what programs you used!

EA: 8/10
GTR:9.5/10

GTR>EA

Adobe Photoshop, i think..
U can any other photo editing software like DeviantArt..

TwinTurboGTR
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
But I personally think theirs a little more polished and planned out then mine. You know, I did have a deadline to meet. :P

That's what I mean, for those of you who asked. That's all.

Mr. Panoz
09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
GTR's cover is as good as EA's, I like them both but I don't like the huge face in the sky, and the placing of the words "Need for Speed Undercover" is better in GTR's one, I wish I could Photoshop like GTR ^^

911 GT3-RS
10-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Adobe Photoshop, i think..

Well, I can make covers in Photoshop, but not that good... prolly since I only have Photoshop 2 SE.

I wish I could Photoshop like GTR

Amen to that...