View Full Version : Possibly no demo for UC

SubyRS
09-19-2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.gamingindians.com/2008/09/nfs-producer-no-demo-for-undercover/

My experience has been 'no demo = they're hiding something' they don't want you to know without paying first.

Given the violence oriented dirrection the movie/game has now taken, I don't think it will be missed anyway. EA has severed the ties with the NFS fan base that made the franchise a success in the first place. So they are now trying to attract a new fan base of violence oriented gamers. It doesn't supprise me. The next game will put a gun in your hand no doubt.

Sinister
09-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I will include official news about this when it comes from the horse's mouth.

Until then, this is unconfirmed.

Apocalypse
09-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow, an indian site:D

BTW, if thats indeed true, who would buy their game before checkin its demo out...
its just insane
Also, whats the backlash with ProStreet demo?

shaunawyong
09-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Wow, an indian site:D

BTW, if thats indeed true, who would buy their game before checkin its demo out...
its just insane
Also, whats the backlash with ProStreet demo?

The backlash refers to those who downloaded the game, didn't like it and therefore did not buy it. This results in the producer losing profits. In the case of not having a demo, ea THINKS that people will buy the game without playing the demo. So that the players already paid for the game regardless they liked it or not.

i think

Sinister
09-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Official word is posted on the main news, assumptions otherwise are useless.

shaunawyong
09-21-2008, 02:55 AM
you just HAD to make me sad didn't you!

and about spending more time on the game so that there would be less bugs, its prolly just a cover up.

JasonDaPsycho
09-21-2008, 07:16 AM
we pay decent money for a decent game

how can we make up the decision without even trying it out first?
we download the whole game
and then we will forget about getting an actual copy even if we liked it

real smart EA
real smart (claps hands)

SubyRS
09-21-2008, 10:45 AM
The only thing I believe is that not providing a demo was deliberate.
The reason they give for not providing a demo is pure PR rhetoric. What would they say otherwise?

They are counting on most people buying the game to see what it is like. Providing no demo creates a mystery around the release of the game which will sucker more buyers in than truth in advertising.

The movie nature of the game is enough to turn me away. Then there are the game play movies that show the Pro Street physics once again in action.

Most baffling of all is the rediculous claims from EA that this new game returns to the NFS roots.:rolleyes5

AgentRoo
09-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Oh dear.

I can see EA stopping making NFS games with a decision like that.

Some folks use piracy to get a sort of "super demo". With no official demo, I can see the piracy on this game increasing so that people get a pseudo-demo.

Some will then buy the game, others will find that as piracy is simple they will start using piracy on a regular basis.

Sinister
09-23-2008, 05:39 AM
eliminate PC versions, and the pirating is reduced.

Apocalypse
09-23-2008, 05:41 AM
ELIMINATE PC VERSION???
U got to be kiddin...

EA's most sales go by PC!!
I think..

SubyRS
09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Thats' a good point about the pirating. NFS UC will probably get the parrot poop pirated out of it. EA better lace the game with StarForce 3 if they want to keep even a slight hold on it.

It doesn't matter to me either way. I'm not buying the game, and not stealing it either. I would have played a demo just so I could say I've tried every NFS since the beginning, but EA doesn't want a loyal NFS fan like me to do that.

So the NFS chapter is comming to a close for me. Most Wanted gets played over and over on my PC, as well as some other NFS titles. There's always memories of the way it was.

Sinister
09-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Dont play it then, but depending on the reviews, you'll come around and wonder whether or not you want to try it, then you'll either go to a friends place, and play it, Rent it, or buy it. In the end, you will have supported the game in some way.

As well, why not just rent the full version and play that, saves a person 45-50 bucks if they so choose not to want to keep it.

internet3
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh dear.

I can see EA stopping making NFS games with a decision like that.

Some folks use piracy to get a sort of "super demo". With no official demo, I can see the piracy on this game increasing so that people get a pseudo-demo.

Some will then buy the game, others will find that as piracy is simple they will start using piracy on a regular basis.

well, id say if you get that "super demo" youll waste more time downloading the thing and it will be as big a waste as if you'd buy it anyways, i mean, torrents lately have been plagued with excessive leeching and very little seeding (L10-S1000)

also, games are just getting to damned big to download, and if i was EA, id make it soo big that people would just not even try to download it by it's sheer size

i will buy it regardless if it is good or bad, i am more of a collector with need for speed.

SubyRS
09-25-2008, 06:52 PM
In the end, you will have supported the game in some way.

That's weired. It almost sounds like it's out of my control. But it isn't. Voting "no" on NFS UC means just that. I don't give EA any of my money in any way for it because I want them to stop messing up the farinchise. But EA will do what they want. I know there is basically no hope of ever seeing a good NFS game from them again.

There are still plenty of good NFS games from the past. And with TDU 2 just around the corner, it's time to jump ship.

Sinister
09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
You will never see nfs go back to the original TNFS.
Mainly this is because of the gamers that EA is trying to attract. Everyone. EA knows that a generally based game which has all the features that everyone from riceboys to racers want would be a better selling game compared to a simple arcade racer. The features of NFS which made the originals so good, are there, but EA had to go the one step further and add content to keep players entertained longer than a quick fix of 30 minutes, in which afterwards they go out and purchase the next racing game out there from a different company.

The roots are there, its just a different branch of the tree.

R8CCXVeyron
09-29-2008, 08:07 AM
An interview I saw a few days ago, and EA said and confirmed they won't be releasing a demo.

Sinister
09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
So when I confirmed this more than a week ago, you did not believe me?
I get information directly from EA.

edlemur
09-29-2008, 06:28 PM

lol
don't be sad sin, i believed you :(

R8CCXVeyron
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM

Must've missed that one, sorry.