View Full Version : "Blackie" - 1994 Fiat Coupe 16V Turbo

Gibs
10-15-2008, 01:12 AM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/DZis/th_DSC00556.jpg (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/DZis/DSC00556.jpg)
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/DZis/th_DSC00560.jpg (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/DZis/DSC00560.jpg)
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/DZis/th_DSC00565.jpg (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/DZis/DSC00565.jpg)

Hey guys,
Here's my love!A 94' Fiat Coupe 2lt 16V Turbo in black called "Blackie" -lame I know :D-.I bought him about 14 years ago and I am still in love with that car!It was called,"Baby-Ferrari" because it was partly designed by Studio Pininfarina (Ferrari 360 etc) and Chris Bangle (BMW Z4) and it was one of the fastest FWD cars in Europe in 1994 (and it resembles a Ferrari).It has the same engine that Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 and Lancia Delta Integralle had.The thing I love the most about this car,is its fantastic handling.

Mods (During these photos):
-Decat.
-Custom Chip.
-Bilstein B6.
-Exhaust.
-Boost Controller.
-Traction Control/Launch Control by Racelogic.
-Cams by C&B.
-Turbo hoses kit by Samco.
-HKS SSQV 07' BOV.

Estimated power,around 260-270 HP and around 38 KG torque.(Factory specs are 190HP with 31KG torque)

Exterior:
-HID Headlights & Fog Lights.

Interior:
-None

Blackie is at the workshop now,for some mods :
-New turbocharger (Garrett T3071R).
-New front mount intercooler.
-New exchaust system,probably custom.
-New ECU.
-New springs.
-Some work on the motor internals.

Hopefully,it will be around 400-500HP with 50+ KG of torque.

GTR
10-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Look CTR, your favorite Fiat is here. :)

Nice ride man. Really nice.

Jon 944S2
10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
That there was the last good looking Fiat until the new 500 arrived.

It's a nice looking car you've got there especially in that blue just one thing it does need though is some new wheels as they look a little dated now. I really wouldn't want 400-500BHP through the front wheels though that would ruin it's good handling and would render it almost undriveable too.

RedTwentyFour
10-15-2008, 01:30 PM
nice car but...first post to show your ride??

Jon 944S2
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
nice car but...first post to show your ride??

What's wrong with that? I think I had done the same can't quite remember though. If you're proud of your car you would show it off and it's a good start to introduce yourself, I can't see anything wrong with that.

RedTwentyFour
10-15-2008, 02:28 PM
nfscars has so much more to give than a members ride section, thats why. :)

DodgeBoy
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
They measure torque in Kilograms down there?

Gibs
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
First of all,thanks for you kind words.Now,
@Jon 944S2:Yeah,thats Sprint Blue you are talking about.It's nice but a little too bright for my taste.My wheels are only temp,I just ordered some Team Racing 1.2 17'' with Toyo Proxes R888 on them.About the FWD thing,I was thinking that too and to be honest I am thinking about making it AWD with Integralle/155 Q4 parts (differential to be honest).But I think TC/LC is fine for the moment,plus Blackie is just a Sunday car for me,I own an Audi S3 for everyday use.
BTW,I just love 944,you got an awesome car my friend!I was that close in buying one,but at that time I could not afford the cost of maintaining a Porsche.:(
@RickFX:Thanks!I've been surfing around the site for quite long time now,but I just registered.It's not that I don't care about the other sections of this forum nor that I want to boast about my car,trust me,I didn't mean to give that impression!
@DodgeBoy:At least in Greece,yea we do.You got Lbs I presume?

GTR
10-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Good thing you remembered Rick!

I don't believe you own the Fiat Coupe. Put NFSCars paper on window along with the Fiat. Only photograph.

Gibs
10-16-2008, 05:02 AM
Ehm,could you explain that sentence more?So I just write "NFS Cars" on a paper and take a photo of the car?BTW,Blackie is a bit dusty but this isn't his regular level of clean-ness. :D

Killua
10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
I didn't know Fiat Coupes came with I4s too; just 20V I5s. It's good to know they have parts from the Delta Integrale! Very nice, man, I love Fiats... well, most of them. :P

t3ku
10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Ehm,could you explain that sentence more?So I just write "NFS Cars" on a paper and take a photo of the car?BTW,Blackie is a bit dusty but this isn't his regular level of clean-ness. :D

rofl inside joke.

He means put a paper in your car window that has written "Nfscars" on it.

Nice car.

Gibs
10-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I didn't know Fiat Coupes came with I4s too; just 20V I5s. It's good to know they have parts from the Delta Integrale! Very nice, man, I love Fiats... well, most of them. :P

Well its a Integralle without the rear and middle diff. :D

PS.About the photo,Im going to upload it tommorow,cause its 2:30 AM here...

Imprezzive
10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice car!

You're planning to reach the 400-500 horsepower mark? Now that would be a sleeper!

Necrology
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
10 says Nuts4Ford gives him an infraction for calling his car the racist term "Blackie." However sexy it is.

Gibs
10-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Nice car!

You're planning to reach the 400-500 horsepower mark? Now that would be a sleeper!

At least I plan to,but it needs alot of hard work and of course lots of money.So I'm thinking of either reaching ~350HP and working on the 4WD idea or either reaching ~500HP+ FWD (and probably see my front wheels come off :D).
Kinda hard to decide...considering also that it's just a 14yo Fiat am spending so much money on...but hard to let go...nah...will see.:)

Jon 944S2
10-17-2008, 12:26 PM
It'll be quicker as a 4wd 350BHP than a 500bhp FWD as it will be able to put the power down much better. I know someone with a 430BHP Volvo 850R and that will full on smoke the tyres at 80mph when given a good ole push of the loud pedal and it cannot pull off very fast as even the most gentle getaway gets a little chirrup from the tyres, it just can't cope. He's going to get the drive train fitted from the last Volvo V70R then it'll be a superb car.

Rally Master
10-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Very very cool car.

Gibs
10-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Very very cool car.

Thanks,mate.:)

It'll be quicker as a 4wd 350BHP than a 500bhp FWD as it will be able to put the power down much better. I know someone with a 430BHP Volvo 850R and that will full on smoke the tyres at 80mph when given a good ole push of the loud pedal and it cannot pull off very fast as even the most gentle getaway gets a little chirrup from the tyres, it just can't cope. He's going to get the drive train fitted from the last Volvo V70R then it'll be a superb car.

Agree.But I a little bit afraid of the whole FWD-to-AWD conversion,that's why I stall it.It's a rather big step for the car.Anyway,I decided to stall everything for now,cause I'm thinking of buying an Delta HF 1,6L Turbo (~250 HP),but that's gonna kill me due to taxes,cause I already own 3 cars....so much to do and no money to do them...

Jon 944S2
10-18-2008, 05:03 AM
For a Delta HF if it's an intergrale EVO it'll be worth just selling one or 2 to be able to fund it they are awesome cars and the first of the Lancias that don't rust so bad as well. I say go for it if you get a good one you won't regret it.

Sage
10-18-2008, 02:03 PM
very nice car! always like the styling on the Fiat Coupe

Civic_Undercover
10-18-2008, 11:41 PM
A car balancing high power and excellent handling.... that's awesome! After those mods, you'll really be in command of a beast! But as Jon brought up, having all the power going to the front wheels isn't good if you have a lot of it. I'm in favor of the AWD conversion.

Gibs
10-19-2008, 01:48 AM
very nice car! always like the styling on the Fiat Coupe

Thanks!:)

A car balancing high power and excellent handling.... that's awesome! After those mods, you'll really be in command of a beast! But as Jon brought up, having all the power going to the front wheels isn't good if you have a lot of it. I'm in favor of the AWD conversion.

I hope so!The thing is,I do know that the traction control/launch control can handle for sure ~320HP.So I'm thinking of actually staying beneath 400HP so I don't have to go AWD.I'm now replacing the diff with the stock one cause Coops got Limited Slip Diff from factory and changing the freakin EBV (Electronic Boost Valve) with AVC-R cause I can't get the boost high enough,the EBV just fails.After that,I will be around 300HP+ with the current setup.And after that,time for testin...:D

Jon 944S2
10-19-2008, 03:33 AM
If you need traction control to keep a rein on the car it's still going to be slower from standstill to pull away as it'll just cut the power and if you go too far like me mate with the volvo did, the car just stalls because the TC was cutting the power so much. We also found that before at about 350BHP it was faster pulling away if we just let it spin the wheels rather than let the TC cut in but that did get expensive after a while 240 on front tyres every 750 miles was not good. He has the AWD system from a newer Volvo to fit now I think from the last V70R so should be interesting to know how much difference it makes (it wasn't that expensive as he got it from a scrappy)

GTR
10-19-2008, 04:34 AM
I don't believe you own the Fiat Coupe. Put NFSCars paper on window along with the Fiat. Only photograph.

MMD V8TwinTurbo
10-21-2008, 07:22 AM
It's a cool little sports car & I agree it partly looks like some kind of Ferrari. There are some nice mods with it too.