View Full Version : Undercover on the PS2

Delta 08
10-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Need for speed Undercover is going to be released on the PS2

Now I can see the point with Prostreet coming out on the PS2, The PS3 was (and still is) 300 and only out for a year. But the PS2 is kinda getting on a bit, Prostreet on the PS2 looked dodgy whith the damage and the graphics were awful. I think that EA should move on and concentrate on getting 100% out of the next gen consoles.

What do you think?

Sinister
10-31-2008, 06:57 AM
get an xbox360.

R8CCXVeyron
10-31-2008, 06:59 AM
WAHAHAHAHA Hellz ya!

I don't think so as long as they could do it in all platforms. Plus it'll urge those old console gamerz to switch to better stuff.

Apocalypse
10-31-2008, 08:01 AM
get an xbox360.

+1
Prostreet sucked hard at Playstation2 and so will undercover
Either get a 360 or a PS3. Absolutely your choice.

OZ
10-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Need for speed Undercover is going to be released on the PS2

Now I can see the point with Prostreet coming out on the PS2, The PS3 was (and still is) 300 and only out for a year. But the PS2 is kinda getting on a bit, Prostreet on the PS2 looked dodgy whith the damage and the graphics were awful. I think that EA should move on and concentrate on getting 100% out of the next gen consoles.

What do you think?

PS2 Sales Figures (http://kotaku.com/5070267/ps3-making-money-psp-sales-up-ps2-outselling-ps3) disagree with this post. Why would you drop out a platform that has a VERY solid fanbase and it's still giving you profit. Sure the graphics may look choppy, and the gameplay may not be like the one offered in the last gen, But the PS2 is still a strong contender among several markets, and people who has one are more than happy to know that the developers are still suporting it even thou the last gen consoles are out.

I for example still play ps2 and ps1 games on my old SCPH-30001 almost everyday.

Apocalypse
10-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Maybe but as the graph suggest PS3 sales have risen a considerable amount over the last year
And PS2 sales have dropped even though it is higher than PS3 sales.

Anyways, i will still go for PS2 version. ITS cheap :P

Delta 08
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I have'nt got a PS2, ive got the old xbox. I use my computer now and will hopefully get a geforce 7600 so I can get Undercover anyway, thanks for your views

xxaznboixx
11-02-2008, 01:02 AM
I have'nt got a PS2, ive got the old xbox. I use my computer now and will hopefully get a geforce 7600 so I can get Undercover anyway, thanks for your views

Whats your current graphics card?

KF72
11-02-2008, 09:25 AM
There are a few good PS2 releases still coming out. The next one I'm looking forward to is Dragon Ball Z: Infinity World. But you need to get a PS3/360. Try hunting for a 60GB PS3 on eBay if you want to keep your PS2 games. Otherwise, you choose between PS3 and 360.

Mr. Panoz
11-02-2008, 10:42 AM
get an xbox360.
+1 PS3 failed to match the 360's success (atleast that's what I've been told, I have played both consoles, and chosen the 360)

Sinister
11-02-2008, 10:46 AM
This goes with me as well, I had played undercover on both consoles - I do not like the ps3 controller.

KF72
11-02-2008, 10:46 AM
+1 PS3 failed to match the 360's success (atleast that's what I've been told, I have played both consoles, and chosen the 360)

Completely your choice. I chose the PS3 for Blu-ray and because I had a big PS2 library.

Sinister
11-02-2008, 10:52 AM
paying that extra 100 bucks (40 if you use xbox live) over the 360 for blueray may be a decent deal. all depends on the gamers choice, and if you even use blueray.

Mr. Panoz
11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I can imagine that you buy a PS3 if you have many PS2 games already. But I did not have a PS2. It is probably the gamers choise as you guys suggest. I also bought the 360 for exclusive games like PGR (because it features Panoz' ofcours ^^)

FreelancerMar
11-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Also, if you have an Origional Xbox(As I do) the 360 will play many but not all of my old titles. Also important to note is that not all current PS3's are backward compatable with ps2 games. I am currently looking into the possable purchase of an Xbox 360. In order to get the backward compatability with some of the Origional Xbox games your 360 unit must be equiped with an HDD no if's and's or butts. As for playing Online with Any TV Box, that's not going to happen at least not where I am currently located at.

Mustang Man 2003
11-02-2008, 05:57 PM
i have a PS2 still and its not bad it still offers a bunch of the newer games but eventually we will all have to upgrade

R8CCXVeyron
11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I loved my PS2, but the only problem is that sometimes a lot of things were left out from the newer gen consoles. :(

But I definately had the most fun in my PS2. Having Hot Pursuit 2 and MW in that console, could never beat any of my experiences in the X360. And I am definitely happy for Undercover. I love you EA. :D
I love the X360's triggers it's like you have full throttle control! :)

KF72
11-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I love the X360's triggers it's like you have full throttle control! :)

It's on PS3.:o

R8CCXVeyron
11-04-2008, 06:00 AM
The dualshock 3? really... well it wasn't on the PS2. :o

darkrazor1945
11-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I wonder why PS2 are only good to play NFSHP2.

F.R.
11-15-2008, 10:17 AM
People here on nfs-planet.com says that NFSUC graphics are good on PS2
http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/news/4753

Mustang Man 2003
11-23-2008, 10:43 PM
the graphics are not all that bad for the PS2 when it comes to undercover and for what i payed for my game its not too awful bad but hoping to upgrade after christmas during the big sales

kaoz666
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I own the PS2 Version of Undercover, and the graphics are not to shabby. Better in fact then Pro Street's graphics. But call me a bit of an old school gamer, but doesn't GAMEPLAY rule over Graphics? Who gives a crap if the PS2 version's graphics aren't on par with the 360/PS3. The gameplay is all that matters. And I find the gameplay to again be better then Pro Street. This sounds more like another "PS2 Sucks" thread then a thread offering commentary on the PS2 version of the game. But you're entitled to your opinion.

edlemur
11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Look at GTA4 and compare it to the first GTAs. Graphics and processing power CAN make gameplay.

kaoz666
11-30-2008, 10:46 PM
While that is a valid point, it's also like comparing Apples & Oranges. Of COURSE what can be done as far as development harkens on what kind of firepower the hardware it's running on can crank out. But EA's choice to continue releasing games on a "Dated" system is a fiscal one. There are more PS2's in circulation then 360s, PS3 and Wiis COMBINED. You do the math how much coin that makes EA releasing it on the PS2. And EA is all about profit, always have been, always will be. The PS2 will continue to live on until 2011 as per what Sony's VP said in an interview. And so long as it does, EA and other companies like it will continue to release new titles on it. And let it be said that the BEST games to come out on a system are the ones that come out when it's past it's console generation. The PS2 isn't dead by a long shot. But just as it is old, so is the argument that it's past it's time. If it was, it wouldn't still be on the shelves, would it?

R8CCXVeyron
12-01-2008, 07:19 AM
There are more PS2's in circulation then 360s, PS3 and Wiis COMBINED.

That's because the PS2 has been around for so long.

Mustang Man 2003
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
well when the PS2 first hit the shelves talking the 1st generation console everyone ran out to get one then the sli, line came out everyone got one who wanted one and now the PS3 is out hardly anyone bought one because of the enormous price you pay for it wow it may have a hard drive built into it and blu-ray games and a killer graphics processor and wireless capability like a PSP but the price is still too big for what they give and look at the game prices anywhere from $59.99 - $89.99 i like how they play but thats a pocket burner when it comes to money

but i have been playing further into my PS2 version of Undercover and its not much different from the PS3 version cuz i know some one who has it

kaoz666
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Aside from a few cars being MIA. I really wanted to recreate my GTO and 2008 Evo on UC, but both cars aren't on the PS2 Version. But is that enough for me to condemn it? Not hardly. It seems to me like more people are ready to write off the PS2 as a whole, and that baffles me. Just 4 years ago we ALL had PS2. Just because new tech comes out doesn't mean you bury the old tech, especially when it's still good. I still use a PC that's 3 years old, and still runs on XP. But I'll take my PC over a new one with Vista any day. Kinda off the point, but the basic idea is that a console is only as good as the software put out for it. And the PS2 is in no way obsolete. There's a reason why it outlived the original XBox and the Gamecube, folks.

sureshn
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
nfs undercover on the ps2 sucks. It's graphics and gameplay are just like nfs carbon. I have an Xbox 360 BUT i dont have nfs undercover yet because it's expensive. I used to have an original xbox you know and i had nfs underground 2(I still have that game but play it on 360),nfs most wanted,and nfs carbon(I have it on 360 right now). The graphics suck in the xbox version of nfs most wanted and nfs carbon. So as the ps2,gc,and wii versions. If you want a nfs game with nice graphics,just buy and xbox 360, playstation 3, or a PC with nice graphics.

Mustang Man 2003
12-02-2008, 05:47 AM
well i beg to differ like kaoz666 said the PS2 outlasted the XBOX and Gamecube for a reason its because of the game availability and sony thinks of the people who can not afford a PS3 at the moment

Mr. Panoz
12-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Sony thinks of the people who can not afford a PS3 at the moment
indeed, else everyone would be buying Xbox360's which are way cheaper ofcours ... (they more likely think of theirselfs, cause Xbox360 is cheaper than PS3)

OZ
12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
indeed, else everyone would be buying Xbox360's which are way cheaper ofcours ... (they more likely think of theirselfs, cause Xbox360 is cheaper than PS3)

that depends on where you are at. Here, the wii is cheaper than both, ironically, the xb360 and the ps3 fare almost at the same price, all because the xb360 can make use of modchips and other methods of playing bootleg games, making it pricier than it should be actually. But on the side, the ps2 is 1/3 of the wii price if not less and lots of people here also sells modchips ( they are not illegal here). So the ps2 has a much bigger audience here.

sony if right for keeping the ps2 in production. as games go, the production costs and install base of it is still worth, even with the last gen systems out. Now sony allowed people to release games without having to pay them the licensing costs. Allowing indie games producers to put their projects on the market.

Mr. Panoz
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
that depends on where you are at. Here, the wii is cheaper than both, ironically, the xb360 and the ps3 fare almost at the same price, all because the xb360 can make use of modchips and other methods of playing bootleg games, making it pricier than it should be actually. But on the side, the ps2 is 1/3 of the wii price if not less and lots of people here also sells modchips ( they are not illegal here). So the ps2 has a much bigger audience here.

sony if right for keeping the ps2 in production. as games go, the production costs and install base of it is still worth, even with the last gen systems out. Now sony allowed people to release games without having to pay them the licensing costs. Allowing indie games producers to put their projects on the market.
Seriously? Here in Belgium the Xbox360 Arcade goes for 150, the PS3 for 600 and the PS2 for 150 (So I bought the 360 ofcours)

Apocalypse
12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Seriously? Here in Belgium the Xbox360 Arcade goes for €150, the PS3 for €600 and the PS2 for €150 (So I bought the 360 ofcours)
1. I think Oz's talking about core model
2. Still, just 150€ ?????????????????????????? WTF?
Its around 350€ here. Arcade.

Mr. Panoz
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
2. Still, just 150 ?????????????????????????? WTF?
Its around 350 here. Arcade.
Core version dunno, but Xbox360 Pro goes for 200, elite goes for 250 (I think it's with all the financial and economical problems)

Nikusakken
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Nope. Almost all versions of X360 here are in the same price range as the PS3.

Mr. Panoz
12-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Nope. Almost all versions of X360 here are in the same price range as the PS3.
Never knew that, you should all buy an Xbox360 in Belgium ^^

OZ
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Never knew that, you should all buy an Xbox360 in Belgium ^^

it wouldn't matter, what kills the price is the custom taxes. basically, we have to pay about 60% of the final product value in taxes, for the calc they include the product value and the shipping value. The bureaucracy here makes every electronic item that is imported a pain in the *** to be legally acquired.

what happens here is that since the xb360 can play bootleg games, people show more interest for it than for the ps3, making its price rise considerably as it gets more buyers than the other console, Its not rare to find places with a bunch of ps3 to sale and no wii or xb360 systems.

Its somehow good for ps3 supporters that don't buy illegal games or pirate stuff. their games and systems are often cheaper and the vendors are more than willing to negotiate the price.

Mustang Man 2003
12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
very true OZ a PS3 right now cost at least $300 here in america

OZ
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM
And so i rented nfs undercover for ps2, and... no matter what you think. DONT TOUCH THAT ****! the sound is horrible, the gfx is horrible. the gameplay is horrible. Everything is halfassed. It's not worth even a rental

Just to give you an idea, underground 1 looks, feels and sounds better than undercover, I'm even thinking on bet that hot pursuit 2 on the ps2 is better than it. The game feels like someone forgot to turn on the AA, and theres popping everywhere, the cars lack of speed, everything feels like a ugly nasty joke on our money. I know the ps2 is outdated if compared with the actual gen consoles, but it still can pump out some nice stuff. But NFSUC is not one of these games. I simply don't know how to express how horrible it looked, all i know is that I'm going to return it tomorrow...

heh, now carbon and pro street are indeed not the worse games on the nfs line up :P

Nikusakken
12-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Heh, after reading this, I'm going to play Carbon again (on PS2).

lamborghinirulz
12-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Plus it'll urge those old console gamerz to switch to better stuff.

no way because a lot of need for speed players are under 15 and dont have access to that kind of money

Sinister
12-08-2008, 06:30 AM
EA should give up on making games for the ps2 altogether. That console is no longer useful.

OZ
12-08-2008, 08:27 AM
EA should give up on making games for the ps2 altogether. That console is no longer useful.

it's not that man, the problem is not the console, is the porting job. It's true that Ps2 is not a advanced machine anymore, but knowing what it can do, and looking what EA did on NFSUC, it becomes clear that the problem is on the EA end.

How come NFSUC can look worse than Carbon an ProStreet together if it uses the same game engine? It just doesn't make sense. It should be at least equal looking or better looking. Afterall, this was the one game that they indded put more work into, Right?

But in the end, i'm starting to think like you. They should drop it. Not because the PS2 is dead, which is not imo, but because they have 1 too many porting jobs to deal with. Focus on the main 3, PS3, XB360 and PC. With less options to deal with, they could finally make a good game by focusing on less stuff to work.

Mustang Man 2003
12-08-2008, 11:03 PM
no way because a lot of need for speed players are under 15 and dont have access to that kind of money

because he is very right on that i am 16 and dont have much for options on that kind of thing all my money is tied up for a new car when i hit 18

R8CCXVeyron
12-08-2008, 11:14 PM

LOL This is why we have working parents to give us some. XD

lamborghinirulz
12-08-2008, 11:16 PM
because he is very right on that i am 16 and dont have much for options on that kind of thing all my money is tied up for a new car when i hit 18

exactly a lot of my mates arent even 12 and cant even consider something like that.

Learn to use the extra buttons below your post instead of doubleposting. They are there to help you posting.

THE STAFF

R8CCXVeyron
12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Well if you think about it you could make your own money and ask for more money telling them you don't have any money so you could have extra money. For your Xbox 360 + game + car. It's not liying, it's just keeping quiet. XD XD

lamborghinirulz
12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
LOL but seriously id have to run off and join a circus for that to happen

sergant cross411
12-30-2008, 02:21 AM
WAHAHAHAHA Hellz ya!

I don't think so as long as they could do it in all platforms. Plus it'll urge those old console gamerz to switch to better stuff.

for those of us who don't have much money, how are we suposed to buy a $400 game console?

sergant cross411
12-30-2008, 02:31 AM

It is very useful. For those of us who started out with a PS1 and stocked up on games, no one wants the PS1 games and the PS2 in the only playstation console that will play them. I have about 40 PS1 games (not including demo discs) and thats about $349.00 worth of games. And I think that EA's PS2 games aren't that bad.

Mr. Panoz
12-30-2008, 04:22 AM
for those of us who don't have much money, how are we suposed to buy a $400 game console?
Come to Belgium and buy the Arcade Console + XBLA Compalition Disc + Sega game, for $150 :D