View Full Version : How Come I Can't Paint My Vinyl?

MclarenX
11-22-2008, 03:52 AM
As the title says...why can't I? I thought I saw the "color" option in the visuals walkthrough (it should be right under the "mirror" tab), but I couldn't find it in my game. Do I have to activate anything, is it only for consoles, or did they completely remove it since that video? (all of those reasons are pretty stupid)

Using the completely legit PC version here. Hoping someone will give me the answer soon.

Double Mac
11-23-2008, 04:08 AM
Apparently, not all vinyls are fully customizable. I noticed that with regards to the flamejobs, which I consider to be a major disappointment, really.

Well, EA did promise to bring the series back to its roots with this instalment so - remembering the original TNFS customizability options - we should consider ourselves fortunate to have the freedom of adjusting the car's color. :-)

MclarenX
11-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Apparently, not all vinyls are fully customizable. I noticed that with regards to the flamejobs, which I consider to be a major disappointment, really.

Well, EA did promise to bring the series back to its roots with this instalment so - remembering the original TNFS customizability options - we should consider ourselves fortunate to have the freedom of adjusting the car's color. :-)

LOL yeah, very fortunate.

But why flamejobs!?! Flame no. 11 (now 12) painted white outside and black inside was my signature paint job. I find no sense in this at all. Why, EA, Why? I really hope you patch this up soon (as well as all those other bugs in the game).

Double Mac
11-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Believe me, you're not alone in your grief. :-) (I absolutely loved the adjustable gradients in Carbon.) I can only suspect - especially in light of the 'framerate issue' reports - that this decision was a performance-related compromise. The other - more idealistic - explanation would be that they had so much faith in the included cars that they figured out nobody would even think of subjecting them to any extensive customization.