View Full Version : Who's waiting for price drop or not buying it?

oshaylinux
11-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I going to wait for price drop...the most I'm willing to pay is $20, i may go lower--why:

1. EA is not including all of the customizations from the other need for speed games and no interior customizations at all...

2. Races--No drag and drifting, the heart of any street racing game!

3. Undercover is a short game, 12-16 or so hours for completion

4. No night and day

5. Multi-user-no split screen for pc and have to go through the internet for multiplay

6. no demo

7. no more camera views while racing

8. Because of EA's blatant disrespect of the customer wants and desires and concerns....

there's lots more reasons....

What's your protest?!

Sinister
11-29-2008, 09:24 PM
will you be copying all your threads from the EA forums to here?

Drift is in the game, its just not a game mode, Thankfully. SOME gamers dont like drifting game modes, but would drift in freeroam. - there's plenty of camera views, as for #8, you are incorrect.

oshaylinux
11-29-2008, 09:46 PM
no will not, these just provoke people to really think...

MclarenX
11-29-2008, 11:32 PM
OK:

1. They improved the customization system and made it smoother, but I would have to agree except with your complaint about no interior customization. Only Underground 2 had that (I think), so are you saying that every Need for Speed without interior customization is weak in that area?

2. Drag and drift are the heart of any racing game? Maybe in some organized street races like in Prostreet but not in illegal street racing. They've always been about point to point races and such. Drag and drift races always happen in enclosed tracks with no traffic.

3. Oh, and you consider Carbon long? You seem to be very demanding. Unless you play it all in one sitting, 12-16 hours is plenty long for a racing game. Most wanted, Underground, and Prostreet also took about as long, and actually, none of the Need for Speeds took much longer than that. You do have a point though, they limited gameplay to only the Career and Quick races. Don't know why they removed the challenge series.

4. Agreed

5. Didn't understand why they would take this out so, yeah, agreed.

6. This is another questionable move by EA. I know that the Prostreet demo made a lot of people not want to buy it, but no having a demo kinda says that they don't have confidence in their producers anymore.

7. Elaborate this further, I don't know if you're talking about car views, Photomode, or the replay system.

8. Same as what Sin said.

xxaznboixx
11-30-2008, 12:47 AM
5. Multi-user-no split screen for pc and have to go through the internet for multiplay

When did they ever have that ? O.o

oshaylinux
11-30-2008, 01:22 AM
>They improved the customization system and made it smoother

That's good, comparing the visual customizations of U2, every NFS after, has less options to choose from. Interior customization, to me, is a given for game that's gone through as many generations as NFS Franchise, i say, include customizations, but don't make them a requirement for game play. There are a lot of use who like spending hours just personalizing our cars...

As for as racing goes, I say include all race types, that way everyone will have something that they like...

At least 24-48 hours for the career mode is reasonable, and a free roam world, with many hidden objects in it to discover.

A camera zoomable with 360 degree rotation while driving/racing as TDU and 18 WoS has, should be the standard.

No demo was a marketing strategy, to get as many sales as possible, because the only way to try this game was to buy it (with the exception of renting for console users)

R8CCXVeyron
12-01-2008, 06:21 AM
no will not, these just provoke people to really think...

Nope this just says, "Don't bother to buy NFS UC, 'cause when price lowers, we got a new good game." :o

Myojinoir
12-01-2008, 07:01 AM
what R8CCXVeyron said.period.

maggit
12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm not buying it. Ever.

1. It's not worth it. Played it at my friend's... and I simply hated it. I'm saving money for GTA IV for the PC. Similar theme, better execution.

2. EA could have left the race modes. The more the better. Drag and Drift were fine... Well... OK, drift would be fine if it was executed like in GRID (Mmmm). Unless they'd really go back to the old formula of racing as in NFS1-6.

3. If there were better physics (and damage affecting driving!!!)... maybe I'd consider buying it but then again. No.

4. If it wasn't so rushed and it didn't feel so... Compare it to TDU, it was released by ATARI - one of the industry's worst faring companies (constant financial problems), which rushes games just like EA... and it didn't feel half as unfinished as NFS. Oh wait... the team involved in TDU was responsible for NFS5 (or so I heard).

5. If it didn't look like sh*t with all those strange graphical artefacts on a high-end graphics card!

6. If it had day/night and weather cycle (if it was open world) or options if it was a closed-world racer.

7. If it had Ferraris. God damn it, even TDU had them.

8. If there were dash views, replays, free-cam mode and a normal way to make screenshots.

9. If the AI was actually challenging. I only had problems with winning when I was driving a stock
Mustang against Murcielagos and Carrera GTs.

Sir Tristan
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Agree maggit.
I shall NOT buy UC
firstly I've not got a device which could meet the ridiculous requirements
secondly NFS3 and NFS5 are enough for me right now and im fine with them, even without mods (maybe Corvette Convertible for NFS3) and I wanna race, not take down damned crime syndicates.

Double Mac
12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
@ Sir Tristan: One (serious) question: why would you play NFSHP when you have HS (*) - practically both an update of and an improvement on its predecessor? I honestly don't understand, as I bought HP after HS just to make sure that I wasn't missing out on anything, and I wasn't. ???

(*) Well, you can have it anyway. I bought my copy at Blockbusters for 5 quid - and that was around 5 years ago.

maggit
12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh, I forgot to add one thing. EA managed to think up a new model of the solar system.
Ever noticed how the shadows and the sun move/change depending on which way you're
driving (it's best visible when you spin 360s)? The solar system is no longer heliocentric...
it's car-o-centric.

Double Mac
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, and in MW the sun goes down, and then - apparently - back again... the same way. :-)

oshaylinux
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm not buying it. Ever.

1. It's not worth it. Played it at my friend's... and I simply hated it. I'm saving money for GTA IV for the PC. Similar theme, better execution.

2. EA could have left the race modes. The more the better. Drag and Drift were fine... Well... OK, drift would be fine if it was executed like in GRID (Mmmm). Unless they'd really go back to the old formula of racing as in NFS1-6.

3. If there were better physics (and damage affecting driving!!!)... maybe I'd consider buying it but then again. No.

4. If it wasn't so rushed and it didn't feel so... Compare it to TDU, it was released by ATARI - one of the industry's worst faring companies (constant financial problems), which rushes games just like EA... and it didn't feel half as unfinished as NFS. Oh wait... the team involved in TDU was responsible for NFS5 (or so I heard).

5. If it didn't look like sh*t with all those strange graphical artefacts on a high-end graphics card!

6. If it had day/night and weather cycle (if it was open world) or options if it was a closed-world racer.

7. If it had Ferraris. God damn it, even TDU had them.

8. If there were dash views, replays, free-cam mode and a normal way to make screenshots.

9. If the AI was actually challenging. I only had problems with winning when I was driving a stock
Mustang against Murcielagos and Carrera GTs.

Dude, please no cursing, it's distracting from the point, your points are strong enough without cursing ;)

oshaylinux
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, and in MW the sun goes down, and then - apparently - back again... the same way. :-)

But it was done right in MW, and with a good graphics card, it really looks nice.

Double Mac
12-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I only noticed that months after I had first played MW, so I wouldn't say that such an astronomical error (pun definitely intended) can interfere with my gaming pleasure in any significant way. Personally, I don't care - I'd rather have EA stop me from having to suspend my disbelief w/ regards to the magically rechargeable N2O or their stubbornly offered implementation of HS' 'superhuman opponents' cheat as a standard AI characteristic.