View Full Version : NFS 2010, if or when it's released, would you buy without he

oshaylinux
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I know it's kinda early for this type of thread, but since Undercover is out and plenty of reviews on it. Just for conversation purposes, if or when EA announces that there is going to be a NFS 2010 game, how many of you based on your on personal experiences and perception of the EA and the NFS Franchise, whom of you will buy NFS 2010 game without hesitation and why?

I will not buy NFS 2010 without hesitation, EA is treating the NFS Franchise like it's a, "red headed stepchild." I have questioned EA's motives concerning NFS Franchise since Carbon, and Prostreet and Undercover (previews & reviews) are just reinforcing mine and many others negative impresion of EA and the NFS Franchise. Looking at the fact the NFS games are constantly being striped of it's major game elements and nothing is being added to it of major value. EA has many games in it's portfolio, and they are all being improved on and new features being added to them. In my opinion, because of the blind and undieing loyalty for the NFS franchise of the fanbase, the NFS Franchise is just easy and sure money for the EA, and no real incentive for EA to wholeheartedly put forth an effort to make the NFS Franchise better, as for as customer wants and desires and concerns, when people are going to by the games anyway?

So what's on your mind? please no cursing because those ***** are really irritating and blocks your message.

Thank you,
Oshaylinux,

ricersHA
11-29-2008, 09:10 PM
will not buy anymore if it isn't like the pre-undeground days as in game play as in if there is street racing,drifting,drag racing, and most of all stupid usless storylines with cuts scenes.It's NFS a racing after all if i wanted a game with story lines i would play assian creed or prince of persia instead.You are right EA is treating NFS seris very badly but you expect from a group who has no creavtive abiltys or the abiltys to make old style tracks from all around the world.NFS is now a boring,stupid game that is slow down even more by storylines and cut scenes and the next will i bet i undercover 2.

Sinister
11-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I see that you posted this at the EA forums as well.. if not you, then its a rip of the same post.

Simple answer, Yes, I'll purchase #13 because of course, NFS is Win over any other racing game, it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that NFS has been the pioneer for everything in racing games when it first came out, with the exception of FreeRoam found in Test Drive 3.

With All the extra work I'm trying to gather data from, I hope that we will be able to give EA enough substantial information to go about creating a great new game utilizing the best of the old.

Kryuel
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Ahhhh, the ever present topic, "is EA killing the NFS Series?" The simple answer in my opinion? No! Nfs games have always been about giving you that rush, inflating your ego when you nail a corner nobody thought you could nail, weaving in and out of traffic. You simply don't get that feeling in any other racing game. Nfs is, and always will be, the ultimate racing platform, therefore I will buy it without hesitation. Although I do agree that EA should go back to their roots and re-introduce more exotic cars!!!! Especially Ferraris!!!!! Please EA? I'm nostalgic for a modern Hot Pursuit 2/Most Wanted , LOL!!!!!

Myojinoir
11-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I`d like to try out the demo before buying/ordering the game..
For the copy of NFS Uc I ordered got sold, 5 days back for 1/3 of the price i paid. And we all know why.

t3ku
11-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Not wasting my money on the NFS series ever again unless the next game offers dramatic improvements.

I bought MW and kept it, replayed a few times.
I bought Carbon and immediately returned it the next day.
I rented Pro Street and returned it same Day.
I just bout UC, beat it and dont know whether to keep it for future replay...because Mclaren.. or sell it at Ebgames.

Personally UC was a major improvement over C and PS, but....still seemed rushed.

Forza 3 and PGR 5 k thnx bai.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
11-29-2008, 11:41 PM
yeah i agree, i haven't got UC yet, but i heard it was too short, could do with another territory to take over like u do with G-Mac's crew or something, and whats wrong with PS and Carbon? but i say UC's like MW on steroids, it has our modern day cars and improved physics, graphics, etc.

and cops r tougher lol

Myojinoir
11-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Improved physics? That`s the movies - "Wanted" physics...

Dark Stealth_Hunter
11-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I`d like to try out the demo before buying/ordering the game..
For the copy of NFS Uc I ordered got sold, 5 days back for 1/3 of the price i paid. And we all know why.
there was no demo for UC, they were putting all their work into this one
Improved physics? That`s the movies - "Wanted" physics...

well when i saw a complete walkthru of the game, it looked like it had PS physics

Myojinoir
11-30-2008, 02:41 AM
I know there was no demo, that`s why i`m saying i`m looking forward to a demo for the next NFS ><

PS physics is something like railroad tycoon(knowing how you follow the green stripe) + simulation. Wich, in fact, made it quite realistic and doesnt come near the rubbish they put in Uc.

Sir Tristan
11-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I think that Carbon could be called a Need for Speed, and I think it's not THAT bad.
Although PS and UC... their only bond with NFS franchise is the, err, name.

I'm NOT going to buy #13 NFS. First reason being I don't have a device that could play ProStreet, the second - what I'm seeking in an NFS game is feeding my Need for Speed, not "taking down crime syndicates"...

NFS is off its rails and I still think this: strictly speaking, NFS4 was the last CLASSIC NFS. Less strictly, it was the HP2. Leniently the last of the series was Carbon...
...do you know what I mean?

oshaylinux
11-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Nope, cant say i do.

GTR
11-30-2008, 05:07 AM
I exactly do.

BADBOY89
11-30-2008, 05:35 AM
I wont be buying any more NFS unless demos are released.

Sinister
11-30-2008, 07:31 AM
renting the game is the same tactic as playing a demo.

Allure
11-30-2008, 08:26 AM
NFS 2009

The next NFS is next year.

Sinister
11-30-2008, 08:29 AM
yes, that is correct, but its classed as 2010 since MOST of the year the game is released is from January to November 2010, which makes undercover 2009.

I agree with you, but this is what it is.

Allure
11-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Well, this time, as you may know, the team was split in two and they will be making a 16 month cycle on the XIII game.

As we're speaking, they are almost halfway finished.

Sinister
11-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Incorrect. XIII is a 24 month cycle, Undercover was a 16 month cycle.

Allure
11-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh sorry.

I meant to say that they have done 16 months on XIII.

Sinister
11-30-2008, 09:09 AM
not really, I'd say they're closer to only 13 months for XIII.
This also means that there 'should' be a decent amount of game finished by the time the NFS Community Site Admins go for the Community Day in August 2009.

Allure
11-30-2008, 09:22 AM
As like every NFS game, It will be released in November.

Sinister
11-30-2008, 09:40 AM
correct, and since we are at the end of November now, that means there's still 12 months until next November.

Community days in August have a 1/2 to 3/4 finished build to test with, and a finished build in the end of October to review.

SubyRS
11-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Simple answer, Yes, I'll purchase #13 because of course, NFS is Win over any other racing game, it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that NFS has been the pioneer for everything in racing games when it first came out, with the exception of FreeRoam found in Test Drive 3.

So being a pioneer automatically makes the product the best? Ford made an automobile. Then Honda, Toyota, Datsun/Nissan, Mitsubishi, BMW and Mercedes made it better. Harley Davidson made a motorcycle, but then Honda, Yamamha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducatti made it better. Being the first doesn't mean a thing. But I expect that point of view from a benefactor.

Look no further than TDU for a better racing and car unthusiasts game than any NFS has ever been or tried to be. EA should be taking cues from that game.

It continues to amaze me how many people 'say' they have been dissapointed by the game since Carbon, but continue to buy it.

Renting a game for almost $10 is not the same as trying a demo for free. If it were, demos would cost $10.

CLR-AMG
11-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I've been dissappointed since NFS8 and since MW I left the series, seeing the path EA chose. Ofcourse some now and then I check news on NFS, but as soon as I hear about storylines, criminal gangs and messing up cars the NFSway I know it's not gonna get near me.

TDU is way more fun to me, even though car models lack accuracy and have many glitches, and the online often doesn't 100% cooperate with us. And TDU will keep me in its arms for a while to come, it just got moddable with creating new cars, and being no more independant on filesizes, so highly detailed cars are already being made.

Sinister
11-30-2008, 12:10 PM
So being a pioneer automatically makes the product the best?

No, I said NFS was the pioneer, I never said it was the best, but compared to all other racing games out there, in MY opinion, NFS beats every single one of them hands down. I dont like Forza, it was just too 'slow', PGR didnt feel right, even GT and TDU had major flaws in my eyes. Sure NFS has some problems, but nothing compared to the other games on the market.

Zpectre
11-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Harley Davidson made a motorcycle, but then Honda, Yamamha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducatti made it better.

That's not entirely true, mate... ;)

oshaylinux
11-30-2008, 12:48 PM
So being a pioneer automatically makes the product the best? Ford made an automobile. Then Honda, Toyota, Datsun/Nissan, Mitsubishi, BMW and Mercedes made it better. Harley Davidson made a motorcycle, but then Honda, Yamamha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducatti made it better. Being the first doesn't mean a thing. But I expect that point of view from a benefactor.

Look no further than TDU for a better racing and car unthusiasts game than any NFS has ever been or tried to be. EA should be taking cues from that game.

It continues to amaze me how many people 'say' they have been dissapointed by the game since Carbon, but continue to buy it.

Renting a game for almost $10 is not the same as trying a demo for free. If it were, demos would cost $10.

You are absolutely right on every point, TDU, is so for ahead of any racing game, it has no equal. TDU, would be even greater, if there was expansion packs, every now and then. TDU has so much right about, it's hard to complain about what it's doesn't have. So when someone says, my expectations are to high for NFS Franchise, I cant help it, I have played TDU. :) And still do play it. :)

KF72
11-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Simple answer, Yes, I'll purchase #13 because of course, NFS is Win over any other racing game

Midnight Club is win compared to NFS. If NFS XIII sucks, I'm abandoning the franchise.

oshaylinux
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
not really, I'd say they're closer to only 13 months for XIII.
This also means that there 'should' be a decent amount of game finished by the time the NFS Community Site Admins go for the Community Day in August 2009.

I can understand there being issues with PC games, but I cannot understand why console gamers, spend so much money on a game, that needs fixing and patching. I can remember, there was a time, when dust was the only issue a console gamer had.

By the way, I have some appreciation for those that buy PC games new releases, somebody has to throublshoot all those major bugs, better them than me. :)

Sinister
11-30-2008, 04:46 PM
if PC technology wasnt on such a fast pace upgrade mode all the time, then Developers wouldnt have to keep up and provide cutting edge games every year.

Kryuel
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Even with bugs, pc still wastes consoles!!!!! Pc gives you modding capabilities in games, better graphics, in general PC is win over any console, hands down. As Sin said, Pc technology advances at a rapid rate, resulting in new updates and upgrades on a daily basis. Consoles do not have the option of upgrading and updating hardware and software, therefore PC will always be better, its the simple truth.

F.R.
11-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I would definitely buy the next NFS if the gameplay is similar to the NFSMW and to the NFSUC. But I wont definitely buy it if the gameplay would be similar to NFSPS.

06FERRARIENZO
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM
i actualy liked carbon, pro street, and undercover.

but im not buying the next one if it has a story line.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
11-30-2008, 10:45 PM
i actualy liked carbon, pro street, and undercover.

but im not buying the next one if it has a story line.

dude, my friend got Midnight Club: Los Angeles, he said it was crap becoz it had no storyline, u just race, no storyline what so ever, so basically, a game without a storyline is pointless

oshaylinux
11-30-2008, 11:48 PM
dude, my friend got Midnight Club: Los Angeles, he said it was crap becoz it had no storyline, u just race, no storyline what so ever, so basically, a game without a storyline is pointless

That's totally not true; TDU, pre-NfS Underground, Nascar series, and so many other great racing games, that don't have a storyline. Tell your friend, racing movies may be more his liken than racing games. I have not played MC:LA, so I will not speak much on it, but I will say this, if it he thinks it's "crap" now, I dought a storyline would make any better.

Double Mac
12-01-2008, 12:55 AM
I bought UC on the strength of its preview videos & all the info available prior to the game's release (including Sinister's account). I basically thought 'cool, MW2' - and that's what it is to me. I think that EA are on the right track - however strongly most of you will disagree w/ me - I wanted the 'style points' back, and they're back; I wanted the cop cars to be HP2-light, and they are; I wanted the classic muscle cars to stay - they stayed; I wanted the handling to be diverse - and it certainly is. Now, if EA gets rid of the moronic rubberband AI, brings back tournaments and introduces selectable / customizable opponents - I'll be even happier.

@ Dark Stealth_Hunter: Have you ever heard of 'NFS: High Stakes'? It doesn't have a storyline - in other words, 'you just race' - still it somehow remains one of the most exciting NFS titles to date.

1) The career mode is composed of tournaments or knockouts rather than single events. Which means that during the final race of a tournament your heart is normally somewhere up in your throat, because you know that if you mess up now - the entire tournament will need to be redone.

2) The tracks are varied, with night/day racing & alternative weather conditions - which does affect your car's handling, albeit within the boundaries of the game's disappointing physics model.

3) Whenever you upgrade your car, you will definitely feel the difference on the track because the opponents will not show up with automatically improved specs. In short, upgrading your car feels more like a reward (resulting in a bit of relief while racing) rather than a mere means to boost the speed & acceleration capabilities of the entire pack (as is the case with, say, MW).

4) You can actually lose your car during one of the game's titular 'high stakes' duels. Without the option of restarting the race.

I'm sure there's more, but this should suffice to illustrate the redundancy of a storyline in a truly great racing game. That being said, I don't know about MCLA, I can, however, suggest this: if you're imaginative enough, you will find a reason to play through just about any title. Give a child a few bricks and watch him / her build a castle or sit around feeling baffled & cheated. We have been spoiled by storylines to the point of refusing to play a racing game w/out being given a 'reason'. Well, the reason is to break speed records in beautiful locations while earning some credit in order to be able to buy new cars & / or upgrade the old ones - thus advancing w/in the so called career mode. I thought that this - particularly to EA - would be a no-brainer?

GTR
12-01-2008, 01:48 AM

Midnight Club LA not only HAS a storyline, but it actually has a proper one. Maybe not as comprehensive as a NFS's dumbass storylines, but I've seen its cut scenes, and I'm sure it has a starting point and an ending point in its own way.

A proper story line is something like GTA or Crysis. You don't have any pre-made movies in the game like Driver 1, the same 3D animated characters of the game do the acting. This is what I like about NFS Prostreet, because just like any new gen game it has kept this consistency in its cut scenes.

Apocalypse
12-01-2008, 08:14 AM
@ Dark Stealth_Hunter: Have you ever heard of 'NFS: High Stakes'? It doesn't have a storyline - in other words, 'you just race' - still it somehow remains one of the most exciting NFS titles to date.

1) The career mode is composed of tournaments or knockouts rather than single events. Which means that during the final race of a tournament your heart is normally somewhere up in your throat, because you know that if you mess up now - the entire tournament will need to be redone.

2) The tracks are varied, with night/day racing & alternative weather conditions - which does affect your car's handling, albeit within the boundaries of the game's disappointing physics model.

3) Whenever you upgrade your car, you will definitely feel the difference on the track because the opponents will not show up with automatically improved specs. In short, upgrading your car feels more like a reward (resulting in a bit of relief while racing) rather than a mere means to boost the speed & acceleration capabilities of the entire pack (as is the case with, say, MW).

4) You can actually lose your car during one of the game's titular 'high stakes' duels. Without the option of restarting the race.

5. Its the most modded nfs game ever.:)

Bradley_Wint
12-01-2008, 08:45 AM
@ Double Mac - Well I know it's cheating but with NFSHS on the PC, if you know you're gonna lose your car in the High Stakes challenges, you can actually Alt + Tab to the desktop, run Task Manager and End the NFSHS game by force :P, hence you would lose all progress in that session ... but hey...thats cheating :P

Double Mac
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
@ Apocalypse: Yeah, like I said, there had to be more (strong points to HS). Funny how one can overlook such a teeny tiny detail as this. :-) How about...

6) Replays: with multi-camera angles and an unlimited (?) save option, so you can fully concentrate on racing if you want to, say, make a video of your in-game antics. Hell, you can even use alternative (track and car) textures, and your saved replays will load just fine.

@ Bradley_Wint: As you said, it's cheating. :-) The thing is, if you decide to play it fair and follow the game's rules, the excitement to be felt in light of the risk is a reward in itself. In MW, by comparison, not only are you given the freedom to restart every single race, but are also deprived of the thrill you would undoubtedly experience facing the possibility of losing your car to one of the blacklist racers. A missed opportunity on EA's part, if you ask me.

06FERRARIENZO
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
how about the thrill of losing your car to the cops?

Double Mac
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
OK, it surely is thrilling but a high stakes duel gives you that extra excitement because of the rivalry & the risky nature of the challenge. You're facing an actual prospect of losing your precious car, while getting engaged in a pursuit makes you usually think 'this is gonna be a piece of cake, they'll never get me' - and, more often than not, they don't. With the cops - even if you don't get busted - all you can gain is extra credit for any milestones completed & a sense of satisfaction.

Zpectre
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Having played the game a little more I can say NFSUC is a good game. Yes, it's good. It does have a few flaws like the M6 not sounding like a V10 but I can live with that. To compensate for it we get an AMAZING world (really, it owns MW and Carbon), variety in game modes (highway battle, jobs), nice music (NFS hasn't had good music since HP2!!!) and great cars.

However, the good game looks and runs like crap because the graphics are bugged. Let's hope EA releases a patch to fix it and bring the game among the top 5 in the series. :)

Sinister
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks Double Mac, you have given me another idea for a case study topic. You are really useful at times.

Meanracer
12-03-2008, 09:07 PM
It depends what the cars and the racing are in the future NFS, then I'll buy. I do agree the set ups for the old NFS are better better.

Damn sorry for the stupid doubles posts, it was an accident. Man, why can't we delete our own posts? o Anyway I hope NFS will have more cars and change the street racing back into the old style.

Double Mac
12-04-2008, 02:31 AM
@ Sinister: I still take your words as a compliment. :-) If you're referring to the 'high stakes duel' formula, I have already elaborated on a cross between the above & a UG2-style improvised outrun in another thread ('A good point': http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=451513&postcount=2) - since there's been practically 0 feedback I'm including an exact copy of that paragraph for your convenience:

The 'high stakes' duel concept was seriously more exciting (if not downright nerve-racking) than any of MW's blacklist encounters. I mean, where's the element of risk if you can simply restart any race without worrying about the possibility of losing your car? Personally, I'd love to see sth like that: while in free roam mode, you encounter a racer (UG2-style) - if you happen to like his / her car, you challenge them to an outrun / any other race event by pressing 'activate'. A screen comes up listing your opponent's car parts. You can either select a part while putting your own, similarly priced part on the line, or risk your very car if you hope to win the car of your opponent. Shouldn't be too hard to code that in, uh? What do you think of this little update of the 'high stakes' concept?

Obviously, the default option (selectable via the gameplay options menu) would be to race for points / cash. Something, however, tells me that my version would seem more exciting to most of us.

I came up with the above idea while encountering an interestingly painted Nomad (by Robin'7t4) in MW. Since I couldn't stop the 'driver' and enquire about the exact paint type / color they used, I thought 'if only I could challenge 'him' to a race and win his car to find that out...'

@ Zpectre: Thanks for the kind words regarding (especially) UC's environment. For a while there I almost felt like a complete d*** for being one of the very few people on this forum who admired it.

Allure
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
@ Zpectre: Thanks for the kind words regarding (especially) UC's environment. For a while there I almost felt like a complete d*** for being one of the very few people on this forum who admired it.

LMAO.

If you like something and the others don't like it, don't mind :P

Double Mac
12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
How can I not mind? My heart's breaking when others can't enjoy the game as much as I do. :-)

Zpectre
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
The 'high stakes' duel concept was seriously more exciting (if not downright nerve-racking) than any of MW's blacklist encounters. I mean, where's the element of risk if you can simply restart any race without worrying about the possibility of losing your car? Personally, I'd love to see sth like that: while in free roam mode, you encounter a racer (UG2-style) - if you happen to like his / her car, you challenge them to an outrun / any other race event by pressing 'activate'. A screen comes up listing your opponent's car parts. You can either select a part while putting your own, similarly priced part on the line, or risk your very car if you hope to win the car of your opponent. Shouldn't be too hard to code that in, uh? What do you think of this little update of the 'high stakes' concept?

Not only that but in HS you had to work hard to buy another car to do the High Stakes races again.

Oh and it would be awesome if the car you lost was used later by one of the AI racers... :D

Double Mac
12-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Not only that but in HS you had to work hard to buy another car to do the High Stakes races again.

True, but if you're also feeling confident (present tense as I'm playing HS right now) you can redo a high stakes duel of your choice, winning the opponent's car over and over again. Which I've just done beating the Diablo on the Kindiak Park track a few times in a row - till I got bored. This got me thinking: since your opponents' cars in the HS duels are 'fixed' (same models for every race), the game's replay value suffers because of the reduced surprise element. How about throwing in some mystery challenges(TM) which you'd be free to accept or reject without knowing the exact make and model of your opponent's car? All you could be sure about would be the class / tier (slightly higher than that of your own car - in order for you to struggle for the prize - but still facilitating your success if you drove like a champ) generated by the game on the basis of the vehicle you were driving.

This, of course, is just an addition to - rather than a replacement for - my previously sketched idea where you get to choose your opponent yourself.

Oh and it would be awesome if the car you lost was used later by one of the AI racers... :D

Inspired! Imagine all those kids who spent hours 'ricing up their ride' having to suffer the sight of it in someone else's hands! :-) Then again, most players would be probably clever enough to enter such a duel with a stock-looking 'backup' car. A few related ideas then:

1) You could win it back but not right away. As the 'high stakes' term originates from gambling and gambling often implies addiction, it would be like saying 'sorry, sir, your credit has run out, please come back later'.
2) The game could cruelly rice it up / 'vulgarize' the car you lost but only to a moderate extent so you could still recognize it (and suffer) - eg by subjecting it to heavy damage (which you'd have to pay for - HS-style), by applying giant pink matte rims & a huge carbon spoiler or by distorting your original vinyl textures & painting 'loser' / 'you suck!' over them. If you remember what The Junkman did to Samantha's Civic in UG1 - this might be a good example. :-) Thing is, by the time EA get around to implement similar ideas we will be grandparents.

Zpectre
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
True, but if you're also feeling confident (present tense as I'm playing HS right now) you can redo a high stakes duel of your choice, winning the opponent's car over and over again. Which I've just done beating the Diablo on the Kindiak Park track a few times in a row - till I got bored. This got me thinking: since your opponents' cars in the HS duels are 'fixed' (same models for every race), the game's replay value suffers because of the reduced surprise element. How about throwing in some mystery challenges(TM) which you'd be free to accept or reject without knowing the exact make and model of your opponent's car? All you could be sure about would be the class / tier (slightly higher than that of your own car - in order for you to struggle for the prize - but still facilitating your success if you drove like a champ) generated by the game on the basis of the vehicle you were driving.

This, of course, is just an addition to - rather than a replacement for - my previously sketched idea where you get to choose your opponent yourself.

Yes that happened because the High Stakes events were linked to the serial number of the cars. So you'd always race a Ferrari 550 on a rainy Rocky Pass or a Mercedes CLK-GTR on a dark Snowy Ridge.

Another thing I liked from past games was the Used Car market in PU. That worked better with the Evolution mode but it could theoretically be a viable option in case EA decided to include more classic cars in the game and made it some sort of "progression".

Double Mac
12-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, you could go hunting for (performance) parts on the 2nd hand market, and some models were only available via that channel - the Super Convertible D, if I remember correctly? Little touches like that made using that feature that extra bit more special.

ssj1-goku
12-10-2008, 11:29 AM
will not buy anymore if it isn't like the pre-undeground days as in game play as in if there is street racing,drifting,drag racing, and most of all stupid usless storylines with cuts scenes.It's NFS a racing after all if i wanted a game with story lines i would play assian creed or prince of persia instead.You are right EA is treating NFS seris very badly but you expect from a group who has no creavtive abiltys or the abiltys to make old style tracks from all around the world.NFS is now a boring,stupid game that is slow down even more by storylines and cut scenes and the next will i bet i undercover 2.
at least 90% of NFS fans feel this way.EA the least you could do is listen to people who are buying your (now) trash games.Cut the street racing sh*t and return to old school Need For Speed. 1-6 = Best NFS games known to man.

ricersHA
12-10-2008, 06:27 PM
right now i am playing PU and the factory missions are so much fun still even after doing 15 times still.

Indigo
12-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Sounds like Kaido Racer 2 more or less, which worked if you ask me.

They didn't let you risk anything except money however...:S

But I'd play that.

Double Mac
12-11-2008, 07:50 AM
You mean, Kaido Racer 2 offered improvised (outrun) challenges with extra options?

Anyway, I've got another idea regarding the outrun concept. If - during an outrun - you encounter yet another racer, the 'challenge' icon pops up and you have the option of pressing 'activate' in order to engage that third party into the current race. This way, you're running with 2-3 racers as opponents. Now, if you added (spontaneously appearing) cops to the equation, this could be even more fun. :-)

Sir Tristan
12-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I think making proper opponents (like in U1, you could recognize cars and names, they sometimes upgraded but remained the same colours) with their own driving style would be great! And their cars would not be random but nicely tuned by the developers. Names also fitting (like Mulligan driving always red cars and these things like in NFS3) to the image, some nickname (Mack-D, B-dog, or names like Kurt, Chad, Todd...) would drive a tuner or muscle, posh name or nickname (dno, Yves, Cheaudoin or something and good old NFS3-6 names) an exotic or a new expensive muscle.

And at the start of the game, there would be a survey - survey? Yes. You are made to customize 3 cars, like Murcielago, Corvette, old Camaro and a Supra. The game sees your taste and opponent cars (the other drivers not so significant to the gameplay) are tuned kinda the way you like - colors change and all that, but if you hugely destroyed the Murcielago the opponents will be riced as well.
Isn't this a nice idea?

lamborghinirulz
12-11-2008, 10:58 PM
what is wrong with a storyline? i know a lot of people that like it better!
and ssj1-goku the new NFS games are not trash i admit pro street wasnt exceptional but these games thrash any other series

R8CCXVeyron
12-12-2008, 06:41 AM
new expensive muscle.

And at the start of the game, there would be a survey - survey? Yes. You are made to customize 3 cars, like Murcielago, Corvette, old Camaro and a Supra. The game sees your taste and opponent cars (the other drivers not so significant to the gameplay) are tuned kinda the way you like - colors change and all that, but if you hugely destroyed the Murcielago the opponents will be riced as well.
Isn't this a nice idea?

lolz There is no such thing as an "expensive muscle" as I count magnficinent cars such as the Ford GT, the Corvette C5 to C6, and Viper a "supercar". :D

I don't get your second statment. About the customization. :\

ssj1-goku
12-12-2008, 06:44 AM
what is wrong with a storyline? i know a lot of people that like it better!
and ssj1-goku the new NFS games are not trash i admit pro street wasnt exceptional but these games thrash any other series

first play old games, then judge.:P
and yes, compared to the old nfs series (NFS1-NFS6) the new nfs games (NFS7-NFS12) indeed ARE trash.However as games for theirselves, without any comparing to old nfs games, they are pretty nice.

R8CCXVeyron
12-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Well you can't call it trash, 'cause it introduced freeroam in UG2. They got free customizing in the My Cars section of MW. They got more customization in Carbon and PS.

ssj1-goku
12-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Well you can't call it trash, 'cause it introduced freeroam in UG2. They got free customizing in the My Cars section of MW. They got more customization in Carbon and PS.

Said this once, will say it again if needed - Didn't say the games are trash as in trash games.But compared to old nfs series they are.Who cares about free roam if you cant drive real cars on real tracks...instead its a gangsta wannabee street-racing game with slow-*** cars and nitro.

Sinister
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
sometimes you must bite the bullet and concede to the larger mass of consumers, at least EA is trying to keep some of the original roots for those who are still vetrans to the games. - I find you don't have to use NOS, or Rice up your car to make the game enjoyable, and it makes it much more challenging.

ricersHA
12-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Said this once, will say it again if needed - Didn't say the games are trash as in trash games.But compared to old nfs series they are.Who cares about free roam if you cant drive real cars on real tracks...instead its a gangsta wannabee street-racing game with slow-*** cars and nitro.

NFS did loose it's charm,it's unquieness to a racing game that make NFS special game when underground was made and never came back.When i did play MW and now i don't no more i found MW lacking anything fun with AI catch traffic and cop cars only hittiing you and found it frustrating and longer fun.Fast cars don't need nitro and you can say don't use nitro and stupid body kits and I don't,but when i play older NFS and I do quit a lot and think about the new titles they lost it.NFS isn't fun no more.SO 2010 NFS title will be another recycle street racing again and most likely it will be this.So a no to NFS title anymore.The title NFS doesn't mean it the real NFS game they might as rename it EA FnF part 7 instead.

Zpectre
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
sometimes you must bite the bullet and concede to the larger mass of consumers, at least EA is trying to keep some of the original roots for those who are still vetrans to the games. - I find you don't have to use NOS, or Rice up your car to make the game enjoyable, and it makes it much more challenging.

That's true and people don't seem to see it. At times NFSUC is glaringly similar to NFSHP2.

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 08:19 AM
People tend to think that if a feature is available they are automatically forced to use it. I remember that - having read a lot of negative comments with regards to (mostly) 'ricing' - I expected the worst of UG2. I was, however, pleasantly surprised once I started playing it because it turned out to be an immensely complex, enjoyable game. When you're done with the career progress you don't even need to 'pimp your ride' anymore.

If you're complaining about UC being too 'easy', ditch your fully upgraded exotic in favor of a slower, stock car. Try redoing some races in a '67 Camaro or even the starter 240SX, and you're bound to discover that those events become fairly competitive. This principle was present in HS, too - once you bought a McLaren, you were leaving most of the competition in the dust, but you could still use a slower model in order to make things more challenging. It seems to me that people (nowadays) expect games to provide them with 'instructions' on 'how to have fun'. Well, you've got the cars, the AI, the environment, the track routes... The rest is really up to your creativity.

ssj1-goku
12-13-2008, 08:28 AM
People tend to think that if a feature is available they are automatically forced to use it. I remember that - having read a lot of negative comments with regards to (mostly) 'ricing' - I expected the worst of UG2. I was, however, pleasantly surprised once I started playing it because it turned out to be an immensely complex, enjoyable game. When you're done with the career progress you don't even need to 'pimp your ride' anymore.

If you're complaining about UC being too 'easy', ditch your fully upgraded exotic in favor of a slower, stock car. Try redoing some races in a '67 Camaro or even the starter 240SX, and you're bound to discover that those events become fairly competitive. This principle was present in HS, too - once you bought a McLaren, you were leaving most of the competition in the dust, but you could still use a slower model in order to make things more challenging. It seems to me that people (nowadays) expect games to provide them with 'instructions' on 'how to have fun'. Well, you've got the cars, the AI, the environment, the track routes... The rest is really up to your creativity.

I agree with you at some point.However NFS still lacks cars and tracks that are needed to satisfy everyone.If they did something like this, then everything would be fine:
-Divide cars into multiple groups (Sports Cars, Exotics, Supercars - and let sports cars be the only tunable ones ingame, so we can have ferrari in the exotics group.You should be able to race sports cars in street-races and others in country road tracks in game, and every class in a circuit kind of race.)
-Add road tracks, and circuit (Pro Street type) tracks that are legal.

Sinister
12-13-2008, 09:46 AM
NFS Tracks are fine. Undercover had great tracks. Just because it was built as a city doesn't mean that the tracks are lacking decent quality. There is some 'country' feel in some parts of the city, there are closed circuit tracks, look at Indy, they use real city streets and just barricade off ares. There is a free roam style race in outrun, and cop avoidance. So nothing is 'really' lacking.

As for the cars, there are enough different types of cars to please everyone. I personally enjoy what we have in Undercover, there's muscle for the gear heads, tuners for the ricers, and exotics for those who enjoy the fast European.

Need for Speed 2 (NOT underground 2 for those who thought Underground was the first ever NFS) only had about 10 different exotic cars, but was highly replayable. You dont need every single car made by man inside a racing game to make it enjoyable, you just need ones that are fun to drive. It was also the first game to introduce lap knockout, a race mode solely missed, it also had the first alternate route shortcuts for a racing game.

If you divided the cars into multiple groups, and only had tuner cars tunable, there would have to be a forced limit as to how far each car would be allowed to be tuned, you cannot have a low/midrange tuner car outperforming a high end exotic, or the game feels lopsided and unenjoyable. A Honda Civic, or any other ricer import car, must NOT outperform a Lamborghini, Bugatti, or even a McLaren.

Think of it this way, with EA possibly tanking the series, you don't have to worry about complaining anymore, and you can go race bad simulation racing games like Forza or TDU. If NFS tanks, I will not be buying another racing game.

ssj1-goku
12-13-2008, 09:59 AM
NFS Tracks are fine. Undercover had great tracks. Just because it was built as a city doesn't mean that the tracks are lacking decent quality. There is some 'country' feel in some parts of the city, there are closed circuit tracks, look at Indy, they use real city streets and just barricade off ares. There is a free roam style race in outrun, and cop avoidance. So nothing is 'really' lacking.

As for the cars, there are enough different types of cars to please everyone. I personally enjoy what we have in Undercover, there's muscle for the gear heads, tuners for the ricers, and exotics for those who enjoy the fast European.

Need for Speed 2 (NOT underground 2 for those who thought Underground was the first ever NFS) only had about 10 different exotic cars, but was highly replayable. You dont need every single car made by man inside a racing game to make it enjoyable, you just need ones that are fun to drive. It was also the first game to introduce lap knockout, a race mode solely missed, it also had the first alternate route shortcuts for a racing game.

If you divided the cars into multiple groups, and only had tuner cars tunable, there would have to be a forced limit as to how far each car would be allowed to be tuned, you cannot have a low/midrange tuner car outperforming a high end exotic, or the game feels lopsided and unenjoyable. A Honda Civic, or any other ricer import car, must NOT outperform a Lamborghini, Bugatti, or even a McLaren.

Think of it this way, with EA possibly tanking the series, you don't have to worry about complaining anymore, and you can go race bad simulation racing games like Forza or TDU. If NFS tanks, I will not be buying another racing game.

The tracks aren't fine.They need to be completely country-ish.Or else you dont have the need for speed feeling.City tracks are ok.I always loved playing them on NFS1, and NFS2, however this is a bit too much, im starting to feel as if the whole world is one big city thanks to the new nfs.If there's enough cars to satisfy everyone then howcome you always have people complaining? For instance im complaining right now.The game SERIOUSLY needs more exotics.Lamborghini Diablo, Mercedes CLK GTR, and other pre-Underground NFS cars should be in! Without them the game is a fail for my taste.The game should be based on exotic cars and supercars racing on road country tracks.NFS has lost its basis.And no, I said a thousand times already, I wont play any other car simulation game simply because need for speed is a part of my childhood, i've been playing it ever since i was 2.And I wont stop complaining untill NFS gets good again.

And...WHY CANT EA MAKE ONE NFS TEAM WORK ON PRE-UNDERGROUND TYPE GAMES AND THE OTHER ON THE NEW TYPE?!?!?!?! ITS SPLIT INTO TWO GOD DAMN IT!!!! DO SO!!! :'(:'(:'(

Sinister
12-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Some people just like to complain.

Even the old dogs learn that sometimes change is needed, even if it was for the fad at the time.
Sadly, EA waited too long before getting the opinions from the community. Gamers are being spoiled too much, and complain if the game isnt crazy big with lots of cars, and huge tracks.

If EA went for a two year full cycle without releasing one for a year, it might have helped.. and prevent games like the undergrounds from ever coming to light. But that is in the past, and since we cannot get that bad taste out of our mouths, you chew through it, hoping for a change of flavor.

As many would put it, Underground was the start to the downfall of NFS, and a rebirth in the form of HighStakes 2 is the only thing that could really save the franchise from being completely destroyed by these complaining ricer fans.

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 11:01 AM
The tracks aren't fine.They need to be completely country-ish.Or else you dont have the need for speed feeling.City tracks are ok.I always loved playing them on NFS1, and NFS2, however this is a bit too much, im starting to feel as if the whole world is one big city thanks to the new nfs. (...)

Sunset Hills is a decidedly rural area, and beautiful at that. Port Crescent - with its scattered industrial locations - feels suburban rather than classically urban. Even Palm Harbor features truly quaint accents such as the Tuscany Loop architecture. And the Gold Coast Mountains area should satisfy Rocky Pass fans with its selection of long straights & picturesque switchbacks.

As you said, NFS - from the very first instalment (with its segmented sprint 'City' tracks) - has always featured a degree of urban elements (Transtropolis, Outback, Pacific Spirit, Empire City, Zone Industrielle, the Monte Carlo circuits) which definitely added to the environmental variety. While restricting the action to an exclusively urban setting (in the UG games & Carbon) was questionable, I still maintain that MW & UC offer a pleasantly diverse selection of both rural & urban areas.

If there's enough cars to satisfy everyone then howcome you always have people complaining? For instance im complaining right now.The game SERIOUSLY needs more exotics.Lamborghini Diablo, Mercedes CLK GTR, and other pre-Underground NFS cars should be in! Without them the game is a fail for my taste. (...)

Look, as a classic muscle cars fan I might be complaining, for example, that the Road Runner didn't make it to UC. But I prefer being happy about the cars which, fortunately, were included. You can't assume that every old-school NFS enthusiast is as crazy about exotics as you are. To tell you the truth, I had the most fun w/ HS only after I had 'enhanced' it by filling up every one of the 48 available slots with MCO conversions. Again, variety is a good thing, and - given the paucity of models available in the early NFS titles - you should appreciate the genuinely decent selection of exotics that UC has to offer.

ssj1-goku
12-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Sunset Hills is a decidedly rural area, and beautiful at that. Port Crescent - with its scattered industrial locations - feels suburban rather than classically urban. Even Palm Harbor features truly quaint accents such as the Tuscany Loop architecture. And the Gold Coast Mountains should satisfy Rocky Pass fans with its selection of long straights & picturesque switchbacks.

As you said, NFS - from the very first instalment (with its segmented sprint 'City' tracks) - has always featured a degree of urban elements (Transtropolis, Outback, Pacific Spirit, Empire City, Zone Industrielle, the Monte Carlo circuits) which definitely added to the environmental variety. While restricting the action to an exclusively urban setting (in the UG games & Carbon) was questionable, I still maintain that MW & UC offer a pleasantly diverse selection of both rural & urban areas.

Look, as a classic muscle cars fan I might be complaining, for example, that the Road Runner didn't make it to UC. But I prefer being happy about the cars which, fortunately, were included. You can't assume that every old-school NFS enthusiast is as crazy about exotics as you are. To tell you the truth, I had the most fun w/ HS only after I had 'enhanced' it by filling up every one of the 48 available slots with MCO conversions. Again, variety is a good thing, and - given the paucity of models available in the early NFS titles - you should appreciate the genuinely decent selection of exotics that UC has to offer.

The glass is half empty not half full.

They should just do what I said and make everyone happy - one team should work on street-racing nfs games, and the other should work on old school nfs type games.This is possible now that the team is split into two.

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 11:37 AM
The glass is half empty not half full.

Are you a mind-reader or what? :-) I was thinking about the very same ('Groundhog Day') quote when I was writing the above. Personally I'm a pessimist - when it comes to pretty much every aspect of life - but when I get into a racing game I simply know that complaining about missing features is not going to enhance my enjoyment of it in any way. (Unless the game in question is moddable - which still might happen to UC, at least in the car department.)

They should just do what I said and make everyone happy - one team should work on street-racing nfs games, and the other should work on old school nfs type games.This is possible now that the team is split into two.

What about people who - like me - are happy with the 'please everyone' direction adopted by the recent NFS games? What if I want a bit of both without having to switch between games? I'm sure I am not alone in this 'perversion'. I have already suggested that it would be a truly user-friendly solution if we got to decide what cars our opponents drive & what tracks to include in the (missing but not forgotten) tournament mode.

With your solution you'd get people complaining about a 'great racing environment but sh*tty cars' (UG) & a 'fantastic selection of exotics but no free-roam & street racing' (classic NFS). And then both teams would say: 'Wait a second! Why not combine the two?!' Nah, let's have it all within a single game - just increase the environmental variety & offer advanced gameplay (AI behavior, career structure, physics, rating / reward system) customizability. That would (or should, at least) make everyone happy.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 11:39 AM
lolz There is no such thing as an "expensive muscle" as I count magnficinent cars such as the Ford GT, the Corvette C5 to C6, and Viper a "supercar". :D

I don't get your second statment. About the customization. :\

You did get what I meant though with the expensive muscle thing - I meant Vipers and Corvettes.
And Exotic/Tuner/Muscle division is absolutely stupid. There should only be lots of classes (like, 350Z is roughly as fast as a Cayman, not faster or better handling) divided by horsepower or acceleration. Tuning would make them into another class. That solves everything, an ultra-tuned Supra vs a sports car like an F430 or Gallardo. A tuned 911 Turbo (like Techart GT Street) vs an older supercar - like an F1 or CLK-GTR. New supercars can only race other supercars.

And one more thing: there should be always proof for existence (or, indeed, possibility) of a car similar to some that you may see in the game - if there is a some monstrous Civic outrunning an Enzo, show me it, and then you can put it in-game! If someone has put a huge bodykit on a 911 Turbo (TechArt GT Street) make it similar (or licensed) in the game. If someone offers a twin-turbo for a Golf R32, put it in-game. If someone could put an R8 engine on an A3, make it swappable.
But show it's possible!

And the tuning thing - I meant you get to tune cars (u dont drive them then) from each manner and tune them as you like. If you leave them stock or merely change rims, the game will make similar modest mods, if u rice them up, the opponents will be too. U get me now?

EDIT: Double Mac... there are factors that (in my opinion) make NFS crap - I'll try and list them for ya, though I'm sure u know them:
1. Ricing beautiful cars - bodykits look good on a Supra or Skyline, but a randomly generated Murcielago makes me sick
2. Random and anonymous opponents - who doesn't remember the Dylan dude, along with Parise from Porsche? Or Gotcha and Leadfoot of NFS3&4? Who however does, some random guys with randomly made cars (in U1 u could recognize them and names and rides) which are rice?
3. Only street tracks, teleporting to Mediterranean or some desert or wherever is not a bad idea keeping the city - cos ONE american city's rural areas won't give the variety of nice things you can see in Europe, USA and beyond (Australia? Africa?) - some imagination!
4. Learning it takes a Golf to smoke a Carrera GT
5. Pimpmyridehooomieboooy(TM) and Youdonthaveenoughreptoracemeyoupunk(TM) stuff - everything must be based on violence and street cred! (of course that sells best)
No nice and rich atmosphere (8 or 6 rich-*** people meet up in an exotic location and race!), just RESPECT counts...
6. Storylines trying too hard sometimes (a nice addition in U1 or MW, but U2, Carbon and UC are OTT)
7. Unrealistic things with the cops (destroying 30 corvettes a minute and going through roadblocks all the time) - again, show me how an old '98 Camaro smashes through a Crown Vic and keeps same shape (it may have stiffened chassis, rollcage and stuff) at least once. Cops in HP or HP2 weren't realistic but were more believable (no, don't remind me the helicopter), if they darn have so much money for Corvettes why dont they just get a tank and some SWAT trucks and block you properly, then bust you?
8. Little variety of things you can do (Where's be the cop offline?)
9. Stupidly easy opponents; in U1 they were aggressive and have shown desire to actually win the race.
10. Failures to include the two worlds together.

OK, now: how can you combine?
1. Make a city (Tri-City, Rockport, Bayview, City of U1, Palmont work)
2. Along with it, make other tracks to which you TELEPORT while going for the race
3. Restrict tuning to licensed and existing parts which are AVAILABLE FOR THE MODEL, but if there is a horrible rice thing available for an F430 it can be there
4. Make things that people liked about all the series - tournaments, outruns, reasonable cops, extensive tuning of the tuner type cars, reasonable Autosculpt, exotic locations and the city
5. Make a light storyline which isn't about crime syndicates - like, start as a tuner and get into exotic muscle world, start as a rich exotic fan and slightly appreciating tuner cars, being a muscly muscle fan and seeing what Imports have to give...
6. and most important... listen to what FANS have to say!

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 11:58 AM
(...) If you leave them stock or merely change rims, the game will make similar modest mods, if u rice them up, the opponents will be too. (...)

Sounds like an idea, but... I'd still prefer being given complete control over the performance & visual customization of opponents' cars. This random-spawning thing is such a joy killer! You should be even able to decide what particular traffic cars appear on a given track. If, say, you have a problem with too many long vehicles (bus or semis) getting in your way you'd just 'tick them off'. Instead EA decides that their preset solutions are the best option imaginable. Let us tweak as many settings as desirable. Can't seem to outrun the cop cars? No problem, just enter a speed limit value of your choice & enjoy the ride.

I seriously believe in a power user customization menu that would require you to devote an hour to tweaking prior to playing the game while all the 'lazy' ones could simply fall back on the old 'default settings' option.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 12:03 PM
But well... customizing 7 cars each race? I'd be bored, rather you could have an option to do it. And if you didn't, the game sees your taste.
Look - in NFS3 if you had a Diablo and chose ClassA opponents there will just be 550s, Scigheras and Diablos. IF you chose an XJR15, there would be 550s, Scigheras Diablos and XJR-15s.
So if you had a big spoiler, some of opponets could as well.

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 12:29 PM
But well... customizing 7 cars each race? (...)

Hell, no! You'd save every satisfactory set-up as a template for later use! Here's an example:

The tuner opponent bunch: you pick a stock Skyline, a moderately upgraded Eclipse & a fully upgraded Civic (to make things reasonably competitive). You give the 'drivers' your names of choice unless you prefer the game to generate them for you. You tune their cars according to your taste, cursing one with no weight reduction whatsoever at the expense of a better engine - for the hell of it, of course. :-) You tweak the AI behavior settings s/a aggressiveness (blocking & ramming) probability & 'shyness' around traffic cars. Once you're happy with the set-up you take this lot to a test drive after which you will probably want to refine some tuning / parts settings in order to even out the chances. Once you're happy, you save this meticulously created preset w/ the option of sharing it with other players.

Same goes for tournament templates - I'd expect a fully retrievable set-up similar to PU's KO mode & HP2's customizable tournament options. This way you'd have a smooth, quick succession of race events (complete with individually selected # of opponents & laps, as well as track direction, if available) w/out having to search for a specific track on a map, which becomes particularly awkward in UC.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Hell yes! It's great no game would be the same (it would vary SO much between players). There would be XX slots for opponents or something, and the game would choose which ones will participate in each race (choose if it chooses opponents at random, choose who races sometimes). If you don't use it however, they'll be random.
Great idea there, it would absolutely FIX the whole game!

Choosing how precious their cars are to them (if not they aren't afraid to trade some paint)...
Great!

Exotics:
You choose a stock F430 Scuderia, Gallardo Superleggera and 911 GT2. Tuned F430 (Novitec), tuned Gallardo (Hamann maybe?), tuned 911 Turbo or Carrera (TechArt GT Street), stock 599GTB Fiorano, Murcielago and dunno, carrera gt or another GT2 - and it's only 3 makes here. Great idea man... just great... MyNFS would work then

And... maybe "exceptions" like not ramming some other drivers (or the player!), so making, like, relationships and if sum1 liked Carbon, makes them like a crew.

And, preferences of te race you choose (how hard are the opponents) depend on the prize!

If it was like this... I'd make HP1 replicas and U1 drivers... This idea is awesome!

Sinister
12-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I simply know that complaining about missing features is not going to enhance my enjoyment of it in any way. (Unless the game in question is moddable - which still might happen to UC, at least in the car department.)

Also more and tougher cops, as well as mod races depending on how far we get.

And the tuning thing - I meant you get to tune cars (u dont drive them then) from each manner and tune them as you like. If you leave them stock or merely change rims, the game will make similar modest mods, if u rice them up, the opponents will be too. U get me now?

I Could care less of what the opponent is driving, If I can win their car, I'd 'default' everything and customize from scratch. Its like the real world, As much as you'd enjoy smacking someone for ricing up a previously nice looking car into a p-thug wannabe, it happens, just get in front of them and you don't need to see it.

1. Ricing beautiful cars - bodykits look good on a Supra or Skyline, but a randomly generated Murcielago makes me sick
Doesnt apply directly to you other than when its in your view.

2. Random and anonymous opponents - who doesn't remember the Dylan dude, along with Parise from Porsche? Or Gotcha and Leadfoot of NFS3&4? Who however does, some random guys with randomly made cars (in U1 u could recognize them and names and rides) which are rice? So?

3. Only street tracks, teleporting to Mediterranean or some desert or wherever is not a bad idea keeping the city - cos ONE american city's rural areas won't give the variety of nice things you can see in Europe, USA and beyond (Australia? Africa?) - some imagination!
There are some cities in the world that gives you everything in a small area.

4. Learning it takes a Golf to smoke a Carrera GT
Gotta please the ricer fans who think a game is real life.

5. Pimpmyridehooomieboooy(TM) and Youdonthaveenoughreptoracemeyoupunk(TM) stuff - everything must be based on violence and street cred! (of course that sells best)
No nice and rich atmosphere (8 or 6 rich-*** people meet up in an exotic location and race!), just RESPECT counts...
Respect doesn't buy upgrades.

6. Storylines trying too hard sometimes (a nice addition in U1 or MW, but U2, Carbon and UC are OTT)
A storyline is designed to keep you from getting bored.

7. Unrealistic things with the cops (destroying 30 corvettes a minute and going through roadblocks all the time) - again, show me how an old '98 Camaro smashes through a Crown Vic and keeps same shape (it may have stiffened chassis, rollcage and stuff) at least once. Cops in HP or HP2 weren't realistic but were more believable (no, don't remind me the helicopter), if they darn have so much money for Corvettes why dont they just get a tank and some SWAT trucks and block you properly, then bust you? Make the game more enjoyable for yourself, don't smash through the roadblocks, avoid them, or slam your car into reverse pull a 180, and go the other direction. I don't use speed breaker at all, I think it was activated once when I accidentily pushed the wrong button, but not using it, makes the game more realistic, I'm no slowing down time to see where spike strips are laid, or to give my car that 'heavy weight' smash through everything feel.

8. Little variety of things you can do (Where's be the cop offline?)
Isn't racing what the game was designed for? every nfs with the exception of 4&6 did not have accessibility to be the cop.

9. Stupidly easy opponents; in U1 they were aggressive and have shown desire to actually win the race.
Use a slower car, and try to keep up with them, instead of using the top car of the game and just 'blowing them away'

10. Failures to include the two worlds together.
No other racing game has the ability to play cops at all, and one city close to being about the same size if not slightly bigger than the island of TDU.

Sounds like an idea, but... I'd still prefer being given complete control over the performance & visual customization of opponents' cars. This random-spawning thing is such a joy killer! So you want to not only mod your cars, but you're wanting to mod your opponents? Mindless waste of time.

You should be even able to decide what particular traffic cars appear on a given track. If, say, you have a problem with too many long vehicles (bus or semis) getting in your way you'd just 'tick them off'. Instead EA decides that their preset solutions are the best option imaginable. Let us tweak as many settings as desirable.
I could agree with this, but sliders for different types of vehicles would be better, from none to heavy, It would be quite useful in online racing especially, where you can have a rushhour sprint with traffic jams and the whole deal.

Can't seem to outrun the cop cars? No problem, just enter a speed limit value of your choice & enjoy the ride.
No. Just learn to drive better.

I seriously believe in a power user customization menu that would require you to devote an hour to tweaking prior to playing the game while all the 'lazy' ones could simply fall back on the old 'default settings' option.
There would be posers who said the game was too easy claiming everything was set to insane max difficulty whereas in reality they had traffic off, assists on, opponents stupid easy, and minimal if any cops. For those of us (few) who would use the max settings getting the most out of the game have more to gain rather than just poser rep.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Sinister, some things matter to some people, not necessarily everyone - and it's not working this way: "If you don't want it, don't use it" (in MW or C, opponents are riced anyway which I may not like!). But it would do, if everything was customizable - dont wanna do it, just stay random and choose difficulty. That's it.
Oh, and why should I use a slow car? It should be challenging with same cars, why are we forced to chase a Murcielago with a 240SX and succeed to make the game challenging? It doesn't look cool for me, I like exotic vs exotic kinda stuff.

ssj1-goku
12-13-2008, 01:41 PM
blah Double dude you should've said so, :P I have ideas for combining the two series of nfs games...
Here are some:
-Not one city, but more cities connected with country roads, so you can race both in city and on roads.Cities should have ''arenas'' or tracks for legal racing. ~This way you'd be able to drive in a city and on country roads without being teleported there or whatever...it just wouldn't seem off at all.
-The game should be 'divided' into 2 parts.You should start small, star off with some racing cars which are tunable (class B from HS, and all underground cars should be here).Untill you complete a number of races or satisfy the storyline, you will drive these cars (mostly on city and track races, country races are more for exotics and supercars like from pre underground nfs games).Once you finish this part of the game, you should get a exotic in order to continue the game. (Opponents will mostly be exotics and supercars at this point so you wont get the ''omg a golf pwned a lambo!'' thing in the game.)The exotics shouldnt be tunable if we want ferraries, and we all want them (+ a lot of people hate seeing body kits on these type of cars, its just sick).Once you advance a bit you should unlock supercars like bugatti veyron, mclaren f1, etc. and be able to use them against opponents too.The game should have a storyline too, as someone stated above - you wont get bored, AND it would fill up some holes nicely.

~As you can see, you CAN have both street racing and road racing in a single nfs game, without making one team do one type and the other do the other type of games.Thanks to the 'multiple cities' map, which are connected with roads you could have both street and road tracks in the game, while the legal track ones could be put in at any time, anywhere.Since the cars are divided into 2 groups you will have all the racing cars from UNderground+ games as well as all the exotics (including ferrari) from the past nfs games along with supercars.Whats not to like about that?

Edit: Sir tristran, i feel ya man.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah but with coupla cities you won't combine Alps, Lost Canyons, Mediterranean and Tropical stuff.
So there should be couple of cities you could fly into. Normal USA metropolis, a fictional Greek/Italian/French town/city, a fictional German city with lots of Autobahns, some Swiss/Austrian/French city with lots of curves and weather...
You would choose where you go, or when you do :)

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Also more and tougher cops, as well as mod races depending on how far we get.

Sounds promising. :-)

I Could care less of what the opponent is driving (...). So you want to not only mod your cars, but you're wanting to mod your opponents? Mindless waste of time.

So it's also mindless of me to change car skin textures of my MCO conversions in HS in order to get a kick out of surrounding myself with a colorful bunch of muscle cars which are simply a pleasure to look at? It's all about aesthetics, and if you ignore that aspect - you might as well race against wooden logs or cardboard boxes or even the T-Rex from NFS2SE.

A storyline is designed to keep you from getting bored.

Perhaps, but it also gets in the way of my gaming pleasure when all I want is to go racing through, say, Carbon's career mode for the 2nd time.

No. Just learn to drive better.

Sinister, you know full well that you can't outrun level 5 cop cars in MW, Carbon & UC. Imposing a fixed speed limit would give you the opportunity to enjoy the speed of your high-end car the way you could enjoy it in, say, HP2.

There would be posers who said the game was too easy claiming everything was set to insane max difficulty whereas in reality they had traffic off, assists on, opponents stupid easy, and minimal if any cops. For those of us (few) who would use the max settings getting the most out of the game have more to gain rather than just poser rep.

There are poser statements regarding every single game on the market, and personally I'm too old to care about anything other than enhancing my own gameplay-related enjoyment via the inclusion of the suggested features.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Double Mac - couldn't get it more right now.

Sinister - Couldn't care less about poser kids saying game is easy, old dogs know how it really is ;)

ssj1-goku
12-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah but with coupla cities you won't combine Alps, Lost Canyons, Mediterranean and Tropical stuff.
So there should be couple of cities you could fly into. Normal USA metropolis, a fictional Greek/Italian/French town/city, a fictional German city with lots of Autobahns, some Swiss/Austrian/French city with lots of curves and weather...
You would choose where you go, or when you do :)

true true...though why put in real locations? Fantasy ones, based off on the real ones could be just as nice, even better for that matter! :P Now imagine if the cities were like this: One on a mountain, one near the sea, and the other on plains. that way you would have covered up pretty much all of the road tracks.

I still think however that its better to have one team work on one type of the game and the other on another type. As for Double Mac said earlier about this, nope. Don't think it would end up that way. As for you pervs, you would buy them both if this happened and EA would profit even more, so this seems like an ok idea for them.

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I said fantasy :)
But just think about it! I each city the cars would be different. Mediterranean has all the italian sports cars, Porsches and BMWs on Autobahns - but sometimes mixed, just great!
Add licensed tuning parts, more realistic police (different languages of 5-0, in France hearing "Je commence un pursuite, une rouge Ferrari" and stuff, different cop cars, like Mercs Opels BMWs... in Australia Ford Falcon or TS50... USA Crown Vics), more realistic engine, maybe even damage affecting driving, and seriously guys - one or two taps on the traffic and you're outta race. Changing weather and day/night time.
Different storylines and missions for the enviroments - [not essential] like maybe some cruising, imagine - a 612, Panamera, Rapide, Quattroporte, Estoque, S-class AMG, BMW 7, BMW M6 would finally get to be used in their natural enviroment - imagine just driving through night and day with or w/o other people on the wonderful roads... being evaluated by the girl next to you or the VIP...? And such missions at the start would be made with older cars like a 456M GTA or something... different years so u get to drive a F355 or a 993... Concept cars so that an F355 and 993 have a direct opponent in Lamborghini - Cala... or Italdesign Scighera [/not essential]

If they made what I said, it's ENOUGH! Enough to impress me with taste and classic. And if they made what I marked NON ESSENTIAL - it's damn hot and i would swear my a**e off cos i don't have a PC good enough to handle this...

ssj1-goku
12-13-2008, 03:22 PM
sounds nice yo, blah they should make it whatever they want, ill buy it if it has all the cars from pre-underground series (or atleast diablo, mclaren f1, clk gtr, and ferrari f50), and at least a bit of country tracks.

Mr. Sting Ray
12-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Sinister, you know full well that you can't outrun level 5 cop cars in MW, Carbon & UC. Imposing a fixed speed limit would give you the opportunity to enjoy the speed of your high-end car the way you could enjoy it in, say, HP2.

I have numerous times.

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 03:40 PM
@ Mr. Sting Ray: So have I, but mostly because they would bump into an obstacle of sorts, collide with traffic or each other. The thing is, they're programmed to catch up with you at whatever cost - including unrealistic speed & acceleration. An SUV / Porsche will suddenly charge at you at what seems like 300 MPH - this phenomenon was absent from HP2, because the cop cars couldn't go past a certain fixed speed limit. That's why driving a McLaren was practically a breeze (the Lambo cops lost you before they even finished reporting) & trying to keep it on the road behind the wheel of an Elise was living hell.

Hey, that sh*t rhymes! (breeze / Elise) :-)

Sinister
12-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I can see if catchup was turned off, being different, but a lambo cop losing an elise hardly.

btw, Breeze and Elise do not sound alike. Breeze (like ease) and Elise (like greece).

Sir Tristan
12-13-2008, 03:59 PM
HP1 or HP2 cops own the new smash-up 30 corvettes a minute.
Dont care about speed limits, I think it should all be as realistic as possible (but for an arcade game)

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I can see if catchup was turned off, being different, but a lambo cop losing an elise hardly.

Yeah, that's what I meant - in HP2 you're 'rewarded' with easier pursuits (regardless of the difficulty setting) when (skillfully) driving a fast car while driving slower cars keeps cops trying to PIT you for miles on end. Unless you PIT them, losing them in the dust - which is also quite satisfactorily implemented, because it takes them a lot of time to recover from being spun around. In MW, for example, you get a few seconds' worth of breathing space & they're back on your tail as if nothing happened.

EDIT: (I might have slightly misunderstood your point.) If you're saying that it pays off to drive slower cars in MW-UC, I agree - because it's harder to lose the cops. Driving faster cars results in shorter pursuits unless you apply an immense dose of self-discipline.

btw, Breeze and Elise do not sound alike. Breeze (like ease) and Elise (like greece).

Uhm, I was referring to a quote from 'Jackie Brown' where Samuel L. Jackson's character 'rhymes' 'blew Beaumont's' with 'brains out'. I would argue that my example is closer to 'proper' rhyming. :-)

Allure
12-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Here It goes.

More exotics, more concept cars, more exciting tracks and please, If you wanna incorporate AutoSculpt, bring back the NFS Carbon one.

Storyline never ruins the gameplay in my opinion. As Sinister said, It makes the gameplay less boring.

It would be better to put the level of difficulty of the police from Most Wanted and increase It.

Also more heat levels with some cop car variety would be appreciated. Also the helicopters could be a bit aggressive like pushing you out of the road or make you collide with roadblocks or such.

Just what goes on my mind right now...:D

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 04:24 PM
(...) Storyline never ruins the gameplay in my opinion. As Sinister said, It makes the gameplay less boring.

Sinister also referred to your beloved Carbon as 'EA's lowest game point' in this post:

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=448444&postcount=26

You're absolutely right w/ regards to Carbon's AS - which is a feature on the strength of which I actually defended that otherwise disappointing game in the same thread. :-)

You're even more right with regards to UC's chopper, which is next to useless. One of the preview videos featured a Charger being chased by two choppers & that's what I expected from the actual gameplay. Shame that the heli is so passive & basically stupid (blind) most of the time.

Allure
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I really don't care how he referred. I personally enjoyed the game, just as much as you enjoy Undercover, which I really can't find one thing enjoyable about It.

About the helicopters, I'd want to see the helicopters grow in number while the heat level is rising up.

Nothing over the top, but somewhere at 5 choppers after you, would be quite challenging.

What I also am thinking, is to implement certain maneuvers, or whatever to total the choppers as well.

Now that, would be impressive to see.

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
(...) What I also am thinking, is to implement certain maneuvers, or whatever to total the choppers as well. (...)

Yeah, yesterday I got one of those 'weird cop moments' with a chopper forming part of a roadblock in MW - there was no way I could waste it though. :-)

If you haven't tried it yet - the 'Impossible Cross Pursuit' hack by Ark-X Stylizer features a truly aggressive chopper which often hovers low enough to activate pursuit breakers in your path. Unfortunately the author replaced the original level 5 'Vettes with the 'Cross' model, which makes things way too easy for that interesting tweak to deserve such an ambitious moniker. The chopper's antics make it worth a try though.

Uhm, Carbon is a good example of a weak storyline taking away from your gaming fun upon repeated play rather than enhancing it. (The outcome is always identical and the characters are, well, annoying.) I also enjoy that game but mostly because of the classic muscle cars & the pursuits it inherited from MW.

Allure
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I've tried It a long ago and It really wasn't something 'cool' to play with.

Regarding Carbon, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion...;)

Double Mac
12-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I got bored with it rather quickly too but you must have noticed the chopper's intensified aggression? I think it triggers pursuit breakers by pure accident (because of flying really low more often than not), but it would be interesting to see it doing this on purpose.

Allure
12-14-2008, 04:35 AM
Most interesting would be If the cops w/ the chopper could somehow use their own stuff to stop you.

I'm referring not only to roadblocks, spike strips or heavy SUV-s ramming at you, or the chopper coming near you in street level.

What I mean is, to put some real hazard on the streets, like moving trains, working cranes, real works on progress. They would be used to stop the cops or If you were unlucky, to get yourself in a 'tight' position to the point of getting busted - dangerous stuff.

I really liked the unfinished bridge in Most Wanted, even though it was only for once, or what UG1 had.

Wouldn't be awesome going through the airport, chased by the latest heat level police, in the middle of planes which are rising up.

Also, I was thinking If some 'interstate' level of police could be involved.

You're going outside the city limits, and the local police force contacts the other police force of the city you're going to. Although there is a Federal level of police, It would be nice to see Palmont PD or Rockport PD, or Bayview PD or even Olympic City PD(UG1) - all after you.

The characters from UG1 to UC could be put in use in a big fully-working storyline to make the game interesting.

There are tons of characters - Samantha, T.J., Eddie, Melissa, Rachel, Nikki (UG2), Caleb Reece, Mia, Razor & The Blacklist, Cross, Nikki (NFSC), Angie, Kenji, Wolf, Darius, Chase....

There is plenty of room to work for a decent Need for Speed.

R8CCXVeyron
12-14-2008, 06:17 AM
The tracks aren't fine.They need to be completely country-ish.Or else you dont have the need for speed feeling.City tracks are ok.I always loved playing them on NFS1, and NFS2, however this is a bit too much, im starting to feel as if the whole world is one big city thanks to the new nfs.If there's enough cars to satisfy everyone then howcome you always have people complaining? For instance im complaining right now.The game SERIOUSLY needs more exotics.Lamborghini Diablo, Mercedes CLK GTR, and other pre-Underground NFS cars should be in! Without them the game is a fail for my taste.The game should be based on exotic cars and supercars racing on road country tracks.NFS has lost its basis.And no, I said a thousand times already, I wont play any other car simulation game simply because need for speed is a part of my childhood, i've been playing it ever since i was 2.And I wont stop complaining untill NFS gets good again.

And...WHY CANT EA MAKE ONE NFS TEAM WORK ON PRE-UNDERGROUND TYPE GAMES AND THE OTHER ON THE NEW TYPE?!?!?!?! ITS SPLIT INTO TWO GOD DAMN IT!!!! DO SO!!! :'(:'(:'(

I think people should stop complaining. Ever since Underground everybody has been complaining about EA's games. In Underground, people complained about "ricing" cars, in Most Wanted people complained about "ricing" exotics, in Carbon people complained because the neons were missing, and the game was too easy. Don't you think EA's not giving the best NFS game because lots of people complain? To me NFS was, is, and will be the only racing game where I won't hesitate to buy it.

Double Mac
12-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Hell yes! It's great no game would be the same (it would vary SO much between players). (...) Great idea there, it would absolutely FIX the whole game!

My point exactly. It's a genius idea, if you ask me - not because it comes from me, but due to its obvious (to most everyone except EA, it seems) potential to increase the game's playability and, consequently, longevity dramatically. The older titles at least allowed you to choose a single opponent, which meant you could run 'duels' against cars of your choice. (Can I beat a Diablo with a Firebird? Hmm, let's try and find out.) Ever since UG, even this simple option - rather than grow in complexity - has vanished. If I want to race against a Challenger in UC, I can only cross my fingers & hope that the game generates one for me - and it still might suffer from some unsuitable 20" rims & a silly paintjob.

Choosing how precious their cars are to them (if not they aren't afraid to trade some paint)...

Great! Another AI behavior-related idea: if UG1-style N2O were to be implemented, you would get to control their nitrous management system. They'd either 1) use it all up right at the start in order to stay ahead of the pack, 2) distribute it more or less evenly throughout the race's longer straights, or 3) save it for the frenzy of the finish.

And... maybe "exceptions" like not ramming some other drivers (or the player!), so making, like, relationships and if sum1 liked Carbon, makes them like a crew.

I've thought about customizing the reward / penalty system to suit your preferences, too. Ie, you decide whether you're awarded for aggressive behavior or for collision avoidance.

I believe that EA dropped the whole 'crew' concept due to extensive criticism of its implementation in Carbon. I do, however, have to admit that blockers, for example, had potential. It's just that - because the AI was so shoddily programmed (they would claim being unable to block an opponent while staying way ahead of you!) & there was no option to race without them in the career mode - their presence ended up complicating the gameplay experience for a lot of users instead of enhancing it in a valuable way.

And, preferences of te race you choose (how hard are the opponents) depend on the prize!

Exactly. Additionally, if you want to earn more points / cash, you can choose to race with traffic &/or cops on (w/ selectable density &/or heat level). I personally miss 'clean' racing in career mode, especially in light of traffic getting in your way during checkpoint events. (Yes, I know that the traffic adds to the challenge, but its presence flies in the face of the classic NFS racing.)

Regarding your 'teleport' idea, you might be interested in reading this earlier post of mine:

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=451078&postcount=12

Allure
12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I personally was fond of the crew concept in Carbon, although the way It was implemented, needed more work.

Was thinking that building up a crew, which could handle different races, or get you rare cars, help you escape the cops - stuff like that, would be fun.

They wouldn't mess with your races. You could take on their events, if they had failed to win them, for example.

Double Mac
12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
What I mean is, to put some real hazard on the streets, like moving trains, working cranes, real works on progress. They would be used to stop the cops or If you were unlucky, to get yourself in a 'tight' position to the point of getting busted - dangerous stuff.

I remember a moving freight train in Carmageddon 2 where you had to time your jump in order to make it over a flat platform - otherwise you'd collide with a taller car. (Is there a game where you get to jump through the open doors of a mobile freight train car?) UG1 had that train on one of the drag tracks - too bad EA didn't follow up on that.

I really liked the unfinished bridge in Most Wanted, even though it was only for once, or what UG1 had.

Same here. And you don't even get to complete the jump yourself - the cutscene does the job for you. Maybe they were worried about breaking the 'continuity' of pursuits by including similar elements in post-UG1 titles? Like, what happens if the cops push you off the bridge and you all fall in? Well, you just get 'reset' - that's what happens.

Wouldn't be awesome going through the airport, chased by the latest heat level police, in the middle of planes which are rising up.

Again, Carmageddon 2 featured an airport environment with jets spontaneously taking off & landing & a set of aircraft carrier levels with mobile fighter planes. It was - needless to say - immensely fun.

Also, I was thinking If some 'interstate' level of police could be involved.

I remember a truly fantastic mission from 'Interstate '76' where you had to make it across the New Mexico border under heavy gunfire, and - in order to accomplish the task - you needed to bring down a high tension tower which subsequently served as a ramp allowing you to jump over a roadblock. Once on the other side, the cops wouldn't touch you anymore. That was another game full of fantastic ideas, though I never really liked the emphasis on weapons. I wish UC featured a huge IS '76-style desert with 'secret' roads leading to 'lost' bridges, rather than all this disappointing water in the middle of the map. At the end of the day - if you don't count that 'bay' area & the highway system, Tri City isn't much bigger than MW's environment.

It would be nice to see Palmont PD or Rockport PD, or Bayview PD or even Olympic City PD(UG1) - all after you.

Yeah, if EA treated NFS more like an update-based game, we might load all those maps from within a single application. This way, we could do outruns in Rockport & pursuits in Bayview.

The crew concept - if handled properly - could obviously serve the purpose of increasing gameplay complexity - which is always welcome, provided that you have total control over it. Some more remarks:

1) I've spent some time customizing, say, Samson's Charger (Sinister will die laughing at my 'mindlessness' but I did it for the screenshots, which were spoiled by the annoying crew member indicator icon anyway) in the vain hope that it would be more efficient at blocking. Guess what? It didn't help sh*t! How about this solution: 'OK, buddy, you're not doing your job properly. Tell you what - take my Camaro & I'll show you what to do with this Charger of yours.'

Besides, if you were to damage or total your own car, you could use a crew member's car as a back-up option.

2) All the functions (blocker / drafter / scout) could be integrated rather than divided among the various crew members.

3) A Camaro-driving scout winning a speedtrap race against Tier 1 cars is rather unlikely. Also, has anyone noticed that if you're leading the pack, the scout will usually get in front and win the race 'for you'? If, however, you're losing, the scout will tend to stay in the back as well. Annoying as hell.

4) I'd really hate to be forced to 'protect' fellow crew members, eg make sure that nobody blocked them if the objective were for your crew to place both 1st and 2nd.

In short, it's not such a bad idea if you're given the option of not using it in the first place.

Allure
12-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Needless to say, EA never thought of continuously or just use them somehow.

About the crew thing...

I was thinking of teamwork. You could 'suggest' the crew members about cars they could drive, or better yet, the crew members could have their own garages.

With that, you can simply choose a car from someone of your crew to avoid 'detection' from police.

The police could be able to register the cars driven by you, just like the Rap Sheet in Most Wanted, and identify you in the streets, If you had evaded pursuits before. If you were to had reached a certain level of heat, and a certain amount of pursuits evaded, they would be able to register your name on online rankings of other police departments.

lamborghinirulz
12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
a DECENT need for speed?!?!?!? you idiots that are bagging out undercover are the reason EA are considering scrapping the entire francise. These guys spend a year of their lives to give the wider public a great game and all you focus on is what they havent done???? id like to see you lot try to make one.

Double Mac
12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
a DECENT need for speed?!?!?!? you idiots that are bagging out undercover are the reason EA are considering scrapping the entire francise. These guys spend a year of their lives to give the wider public a great game and all you focus on is what they havent done???? id like to see you lot try to make one.

Uhm, Ecstasic Seraphim, I think this guy is talking to you - I don't necessarily feel like an idiot & I am certainly not 'bagging out' UC. :-)

You see, lamborghinirulz, the problem is, UC is not a 'great' game - not by today's standards anyway. Maybe if 'those guys' - who get paid for their talents & efforts - had spent more than a year (or even more than the actual 16 months, if I'm not mistaken) perfecting it, it might have deserved that adjective.

Feel free, however, to show your support by, say, purchasing 20-50 copies of UC & distributing them among your friends (or even randomly encountered passers-by) with an obligatory 'GREAT GAME!' sticker. Maybe it'll help.

Can we go back now to moaning about those missing features, please?

R8CCXVeyron
12-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Needless to say, EA never thought of continuously or just use them somehow.

About the crew thing...

I was thinking of teamwork. You could 'suggest' the crew members about cars they could drive, or better yet, the crew members could have their own garages.

With that, you can simply choose a car from someone of your crew to avoid 'detection' from police.

The police could be able to register the cars driven by you, just like the Rap Sheet in Most Wanted, and identify you in the streets, If you had evaded pursuits before. If you were to had reached a certain level of heat, and a certain amount of pursuits evaded, they would be able to register your name on online rankings of other police departments.

The crew thing's a good idea, but I've got something to add to all those.

You customize and choose their car. You either choose preset vinyl groups and bodykits, or you customize them yourself. That way you can create a sort of theme for your crew, making it recognizable that they're your crew. I've made some cars that have the same vinyls on them since Carbon thinking "hey wouldn't it be cool if I had a personalized crew?". :D

And the way the crew acts, probably like in Carbon, where you've a scout, a blocker, a drafter.

Allure
12-15-2008, 05:20 AM
@ Double Mac - I could care less for the guy...:P And yeah, we will continue moaning about missing features.

@ R8CCXVeyron - I really don't think It's any good. First of all, cars would look pretty much the same. I'd say keeping a symbol on their vinyls, but with different colors on their different cars and It doesn't really have to be with unique bodykits or preset. I think It's cooler If the crew has special individuals with their own individualistic and unique cars and customization.

The way the crew acts in my opinion, would be much different than Carbon.

As I said above, crew members will do much more than just in NFSC. And they won't be divided. Everyone can do blocking, drafting and scouting, but I was thinking of using that on pursuits rather than in races, or better yet, there would be special events where you could race with a crew member, as all the other crew leaders in the race would do - kind of a tournament of crews.

R8CCXVeyron
12-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah, but then that'd be impossible, 'cause EA being a lazy old cow these days (NFS division) wouldn't bother to make unique individuals that'd want to customize their own car by themselves. If that would happen it's actually not a bad idea...

And yes like the idea that you race as a group, and using em in pursuits.

Ezeldeen Hajaya
12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Old nfs is better 1-6 and mw now..... i can t say it, i will say this i played all nfs from one to 12 and i can say that nfs is the best racing game ever made untill they make u,u2,ps,c and uc they all ruind the nfs name these games are like sluts cheap and fun but when you play it after 2 days u will get thinking about it you will say : is this game is the same nfs i played for the last 1o years ? is this game one of the best street racing game ? will the answer is no but i will buy it, my hart tell something when i see a new one : could be this the one the only one who can mke nfs name higher ? is this one we wait for the last 3 years (after mw)? i wish :)

oshaylinux
12-18-2008, 06:10 AM
at least 90% of NFS fans feel this way.EA the least you could do is listen to people who are buying your (now) trash games.Cut the street racing sh*t and return to old school Need For Speed. 1-6 = Best NFS games known to man.

you're not speaking for me, i like racing games of all types, it's the quality and how well thought out the games are that makes the difference.

oshaylinux
12-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Uhm, Ecstasic Seraphim, I think this guy is talking to you - I don't necessarily feel like an idiot & I am certainly not 'bagging out' UC. :-)

You see, lamborghinirulz, the problem is, UC is not a 'great' game - not by today's standards anyway. Maybe if 'those guys' - who get paid for their talents & efforts - had spent more than a year (or even more than the actual 16 months, if I'm not mistaken) perfecting it, it might have deserved that adjective.

Feel free, however, to show your support by, say, purchasing 20-50 copies of UC & distributing them among your friends (or even randomly encountered passers-by) with an obligatory 'GREAT GAME!' sticker. Maybe it'll help.

Can we go back now to moaning about those missing features, please?

your replay was so beautifully done it brought a warm felling over my heart. people that make comments supporting "shabby" work like EA has been doing with the NFS Franchise of late, make me wonder, are they that desperate for a "no skills required" game, such as NFS, that they are willing to accept what EA dishes out to them? that's real sad if so.

evanspec
12-26-2008, 01:02 PM
"well when i saw a complete walkthru of the game, it looked like it had PS physics"

Where is the "walkthru" you are speaking of?