View Full Version : Did the Booster Pack lower difficulty?

SubyRS
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I haven't played ProStreet since about two months after it's release. I decided to do a little painting so I reinstalled the game and found there was a "Booster Pack" available. I installed that too, but I swear that the game is way easier than I remember it.

I can't just pick up an old game I never even finished once and leave the AI in the dust like I am doing. My save game placed me right back where I left off at about 70% complete.

Did the booster pack ease up on the AI? I play at "Racer" assist level. But I remember it was getting impossible to win certain Grip and Speed races when I gave up on the game. Now it's easy to just leave the AI a lap down. Even when I am in a lower Grip Class race, I almost lap the fastest class before the finish line. Something has to have changed, unless playing Burnout Paradise has some special residual effect on ProStreet.

AgentRoo
12-09-2008, 01:36 AM
I doubt it. I rather suspect that your natural abilities have improved and thus you find it easier.

I've found this when I've left a game for a few months, then returned to it without patching it - it feels easier and I know I'm performing better than the last time I played it.

SubyRS
12-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't play games enough for that to happen. I play NFS4 once in a great while and I can't even handle the cars anymore. The only NFS's I can jump right into are MW and HP2.

In PS now my car (any car) just reels in the AI on the straights now. That never happened before. I can pull past the AI in a speed challenge and extend that lead without any use of nitros. I get so far ahead I can slow down and relax. That never happened before either.

Double Mac
12-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Uhm, have you checked the 'assists' settings? When you go from 'king' to 'casual' the difference is quite dramatic - you don't have to slow down too much before turns, for example.

Tubaman
12-12-2008, 08:22 AM
i never got the booster pack to work but i herd that i makes the cars handle different.

SubyRS
12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Uhm, have you checked the 'assists' settings? When you go from 'king' to 'casual' the difference is quite dramatic - you don't have to slow down too much before turns, for example.

Yes I've tried all three. I stick with Racer which is right in the middle. No mtter what car I use now and how underpowered it is compared to the AI entering the race, I still just blow by them on the straights.

Another thing I noticed last night in drift racing at the Shipyard tracks. I used to be able to swing way wide in all the turns in order to make the most of drift points. Drifting around the outside of a turn gets more points (because you drift longer) than drifting holding a tight inside line.

But last night I found that I could no longer drift outside toward most barriers and gaurd rails. I go to throw the car to the outside and the stupid game now has some invisible force that keeps the car contained to a certain area. The car gets pushed back toward the center point of the turn! It's like auto-pilot takes over if I want to drift to the outside now. It won't let me get anywhere near to it.

SubyRS
12-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, this game sux worse than I ever even remembered. I wiped it off my drive already.

I can't imagine another racing game that lets you create a custom car, and then there is no way to even test it to see if it works for you. It's beyond all sane thinking.

People should loose jobs over garbage like that.