View Full Version : NFS Undercover Graphical Problems

DR1991
12-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Okay, i know this system is very dated now.
My old comp:
Pentium4 2.7GHZ
Ati Radeon 9600 XT
1Gig RAM

The game system requirements say it supports the ATI 9600 series of cards, but i'm still getting flickering and graphical corruptions even on the lowest settings. Does anyone have the same problem? Or can anyone recommend what graphics settings i need to use for the game?

Apocalypse
12-24-2008, 03:52 AM
You maybe facing problems with your CPU. Pentiums/Single Core processors are looong gone.

Any ways, you can turn off the shadows, smoke and AA(although AA is off by default). Also, turn the world efeects to low.
Hope it helps...

blurrybigfoot
12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
When they say "support," they mean the game will get past the menu screeen on your system.

DR1991
12-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I guess youre right Apocalypse. Any news on the patch that might fix some bugs and problems?

Apocalypse
12-26-2008, 02:54 AM
No news so far, i guess. EA are tooooo lame.....

Bl0cks
12-26-2008, 03:22 AM
http://www.nfscars.net/article/view/432.aspx

This is on the homepage, I wouldn't hold my breathe for a patch though.

Apocalypse
12-26-2008, 03:29 AM
^I said no update on the patch so far. That is why EA are Lame,,,,,

Zpectre
12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
If they don't release the patch, they might as well cancel the franchise since UC has unforgivable bugs and no one will buy the next game if EA doesn't show even a slight sign of respect towards the gamers and fix all the issues.

Double Mac
12-26-2008, 10:43 AM
(...) fix all the issues.

Including invisible bumps in the road? (There are some in the Gold Coast Mountains area.) They'll be busy trying to fix the 'most pressing' gfx-related issues, and I have a feeling that the blue-tinted dynamic texture loading thing is gonna stay, as it probably stems from the limitations of that old engine. The environment is simply too large for it. I can imagine the following conversation:

Gfx designers: Well, Tri-City is ready, but... do you guys think the engine is gonna handle that map smoothly?
Programmers: Just focus on the art and leave the technical issues to us - we know what we're doing!

Tip: If you experience long waits making adjustments to gfx settings within the game, use the registry. This is the address (if you're using XP): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Undercover

Apocalypse
12-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah, i already tried that, its quite nice if you are not patient XD!