View Full Version : what is the worst nfs game of all time.

06FERRARIENZO
01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
what nfs game do you think is worst.

ricersHA
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Anything after HP2 but PS
underground 1 and 2 style points,mags covers,neon lights,stupid car list, need to rice to your car to advance
MW and UC bad car handling,storylines,too many slow cars needed upgrading to go fast,unreal how can a GTI beat a SLR in race?
UC won't waste my money on it or time

Meanracer
01-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I voted NFS U was the worst game of the series. I hate it, there are only import cars without other varieties such as exotics and muscles. The classic NFS was much better than that. Plus the cars have to be crazy ricers and required the visual ratings. The best newer NFS is Most Wanted IMO.

internet3
01-12-2009, 12:35 AM
i voted Carbon, by far the Worst handling Physics of any racing game i have done

Meanracer
01-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Well yeah I hated CARBON too.

ricersHA
01-12-2009, 01:29 AM
It's looks like no one like black games too muc

Zpectre
01-12-2009, 01:38 AM
It's very close between Hot Pursuit 2 and Underground.

HP2 adds nothing to the Hot Pursuit formula other than graphics. And it's watered down in terms of features.

Underground was made redundant by NFSU2, which surpasses it in every way.

Railfan4Life
01-12-2009, 02:43 AM
I'd say NFS ProStreet. The handling is HORRIBLE!!! Feels like I'm driving a fully loaded lorry... :(

American freight trains rolling on steel rails 4'8" apart with thin metal wheels. Over thousands of tons of steel and freight. It takes two miles to fully stop these mile-long freighter, so you better get out of the way when these metal monsters are heading your direction.

For some, it is a job. For some, it is a hobby. Us railroad enthusiasts, or "railfans" will wait all day long to capture these beauties. Either by photo, video, or visual memory

RAILFANS FOR LIFE!!!

Bl0cks
01-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Close between Hot Pursuit 2 and Underground 2. Both games were just a bore fest to me. UG2 got my vote.

Double Mac
01-12-2009, 03:57 AM
I'd say NFS ProStreet. The handling is HORRIBLE!!! Feels like I'm driving a fully loaded lorry... :(

That's odd... Some people have compared ProStreet's handling to that of a train, and I'm under the impression that you rather like trains. Theoretically then, you should feel right at home in PS. :-)

MclarenX
01-12-2009, 05:02 AM
@Double Mac- LOL at that logic.

I thought Prostreet sucked before, but that's because I was really impatient and complained on how long it took to get a nice, fast car. Now I think it's pretty nice. It delivered what it promised, but it turned out not a lot of people liked that.

I voted Underground. The cars were a pain to drive and the scenery looked like shit in the dark even on max graphics. <The need for ricing needs not be mentioned...and I just did>.

I think this belongs in the main General NFS topic. Was putting this in the Undercover hinting at something, Mr. 06FERRARIENZO?

Bl0cks
01-12-2009, 05:55 AM
That's odd... Some people have compared ProStreet's handling to that of a train, and I'm under the impression that you rather like trains. Theoretically then, you should feel right at home in PS. :-)

LMAO thats good.

CLR-AMG
01-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Every game after NFS5 since I'm a pc gamer (HP2 PC was one of the worst games I ever played). The stupid animations, the stupid physics, the bad sounds and weird handling, the lack of options on the cars, the inaccuracies in the models and horrible interiors... too much to name.

And then rice became the main ingredient, additional ingredient and optional ingredient. I vote Underground as worst NFS ever since that started the end.

Double Mac
01-12-2009, 06:49 AM
HP2 adds nothing to the Hot Pursuit formula other than graphics. And it's watered down in terms of features.

Well, the cops are pleasantly aggressive (especially in their vicious PIT maneuver tactics) - if you're a masochist, of course. I also rate the 'credit' system which allowed you to unlock whatever car / track you deemed worthy of unlocking, which felt more rewarding than having the game make those decisions for you.

One cool feature that EA introduced with this release (and subsequently ditched) was customizable tournaments (!) - although you couldn't save your setup for later use. The ability to earn points in single challenge mode was a nice touch as well.

Underground was made redundant by NFSU2, which surpasses it in every way.

I definitely agree. I might argue about some undeniably attractive environment elements (s/a broken bridges, the - short but sweet - spillway & moving trains you could jump over) exclusive to this instalment but the highly repetitive use of the map & the decidedly linear career mode results - to me, at least - in the game's overall limited replay value.

Similarly, High Stakes renders Hot Pursuit totally redundant to me. The only reason I can imagine people still playing HP is because of any exclusive car & track add-ons.

Additionally, I'll probably never go back to playing the original TNFS because 1) most of my favorite tracks (Vertigo Ridge, Autumn Valley & Lost Vegas) have been converted to HS, and 2) the graphics look so dated it's hard to take that game seriously nowadays. Any criticism, though, is of course pointless as this was where it all started. :-) That being said, I still play NFS2SE once in a while - the sim mode physics are more varied than HS' model could allow for & the 'rush hour' cheat is absolutely barking mad! Oh, and where else do you get to hear: 'AND THE INDIGO WINS!!!'? :-)

Oliver Oresic
01-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Nfs underground is the worst, classic nfs games are much better.

Stevo Blazevski
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Well i can't choose only one game from this list. For me the worst game(s) in the NFS series are Underground, Carbon and Undercover. I voted for Carbon.

Flavyus
01-12-2009, 11:24 AM
i think....nfs prostreet and carbon too...

SLZ Roadstar
01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I hate Carbon the most. I only liked its cars. It seems you are racing at 3am & doing a favour on cops.

Sir Tristan
01-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Definetly Underground 2 with its stupid worse-than-U1-ricing, audio and spinners, and SLLLOOOOOOW racing, the opponents let you win and dont even fight on the hard mode. In U1 at least they've shown some desire to win.

IMO Carbon, MW and UC seem to be (apart from ricing and other common problems) quite ok.

Mr. Panoz
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
NFS Prostreet, not even appealing enough to buy it (I bought and enjoyed Carbon and Undercover too despite the many bad reactions, so Prostreet is really the bottem of the NFS franchise)

06FERRARIENZO
01-12-2009, 02:14 PM
i think ug and ps are the worst. for ug it was the physics and nothing but ricers.
for prostreet the physics,tracks,graphics,gameplay,and audio.

Killua
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
And then rice became the main ingredient, additional ingredient and optional ingredient. I vote Underground as worst NFS ever since that started the end.

I was going to put my vote according to that logic, but after thinking one more time I realized that I actually enjoyed that game when it was fresh (EA managed to brainwash me, I didn't thought about the franchise going to hell as they dropped super cars and went the Fast And Furious way).

The NFSs I really hate are Carbon and ProStreet (Haven't tried Undercover though), but Carbon is by far the winner... what a POS boring game. Besides the night time, the annoying catch-up, the useless crew members that get on your racing line, the same pursuit soundtrack and voices from MW and the bullshit intro, there is also the fact that you had to do those damn achievements to unlock some stuff, and some of them were impossible to do.

NFS 1 to 6 are the real classics and decent games. Everything after isn't worth it... congratulations EA for ruining which was once my favourite game series and destroying the modelling community.

sureshn
01-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Ayo *****, i love all the nfs games exept the ****in pro street dogg.

Zpectre
01-12-2009, 05:32 PM
ProStreet is a good game. If the M3 E92 was a better grip car it would have been excellent. What they did wrong with PS was dropping Carbon's customisation, but overall it's very nice to play and IMO the racing is actually closer to the old NFS than you may think.

ricersHA
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
It's funny how the black box team has the worst games of all.

PCG-UB
01-12-2009, 07:18 PM
It's a close race for me between Prostreet, Carbon and Undercover. Carbon wins.

Those are the only three since underground that I've played at all, and I didn't buy them - usually played the demo or at a friends...

I didn't mind underground so much; it was a new concept then. The gameplay wasn't so bad, and once I beat the game I got JeffR's garage and did a little customizing and went straight for the online... and believe it or not, I loved the free run feature, where you could just sit down and run 40 or 50 laps on your favourite track :)

Meanracer
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM
It's a close race for me between Prostreet, Carbon and Undercover. Carbon wins.

Those are the only three since underground that I've played at all, and I didn't buy them - usually played the demo or at a friends...

I didn't mind underground so much; it was a new concept then. The gameplay wasn't so bad, and once I beat the game I got JeffR's garage and did a little customizing and went straight for the online... and believe it or not, I loved the free run feature, where you could just sit down and run 40 or 50 laps on your favourite track :)

You can already do the free run feature before Underground such as HP2.

Revolution
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Undercover. Worst.
Pro Street comes close.
Underground was fresh and new, and as such I really really enjoyed it, and it was actually quite a good game, despite all the flak it copped.

Nfspeed26
01-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Underground, Underground 2, Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover. But Most Wanted Wasn't To Bad. I Still Prefer The Older Nfs By Far.

Nfspeed26
01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
NFS 1 to 6 are the real classics and decent games. Everything after isn't worth it... congratulations EA for ruining which was once my favourite game series and destroying the modelling community.

I Totally Agree With Killua Ever Since Ricers Came Into Nfs It Has Screwed It Up!

Sorry For The Double Post Guys! :-)

06FERRARIENZO
01-25-2009, 10:23 PM
its obvious everything after nfs 6 except for mw are the worst.

MclarenX
01-25-2009, 10:25 PM
@NFspeed26- Well then you agree with almost everyone in the forums.

Voted Underground too (Yes I know I said this before, but I have a much longer list of reasons). Sucky graphics compared to HP2, weak car choices, stupid collision mechanics, story that makes no sense, rigged traffic and AI in all types of races, and unreal amounts of RICE.

Everything that came after UG2 was OK for me. I mean, at least you didn't need to rice your ride.

KF72
01-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Car-Bun

UG was a fresh idea at the time.

MclarenX
01-25-2009, 10:43 PM
UG was copying the popular movies of the time, and that says that BB is a bunch of unoriginal trend-followers.

SLZ Roadstar
01-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Underground wasnt much bad. It was liked very much when it was launched as it gave an opportunity to modify the cars. IMO it was made for the fans of Fast n Furious who like modifying & tuning. I really liked its career mode & it had fresh new cars & it was the first NFS which had motion blur, crowds & fully citylife night racing. I also liked the designer bonus cars like the Vortex Integra, Lost Prophets Skyline, Petey Pablo's Eclipse & 350Z of Rob Zombie. One thing that sucked was that, there wasnt any replay mode & good screenshots were not possible to be taken because of that. :|

MclarenX
01-26-2009, 02:23 AM
But isn't targeting the fan base of a single movie a bad idea for a game franchise this big? I'm really hating Black Box now for failing to come up with anything especially original and removing in-game features that would otherwise be pretty cool (like those one-of-a-kind cars).

MuscleCarFreak
01-26-2009, 05:45 AM
UG was a fresh idea at the time.
Yes at the time, maybe.... Black Box should also see that, instead of trying to repeat it over and over again.

06FERRARIENZO
01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
right now a classic style nfs game with new graphics and muscle cars sounds great.
but would black box listen to the people who buy their games every year?
no they wouldn't.

MuscleCarFreak
01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
right now a classic style nfs game with new graphics and muscle cars sounds great.
no they wouldn't.

They havent yet.

ricersHA
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
looks like black box has stuck out on alll votes aleast ea got rids of those jerks.

theo
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
where's the all of the above choice

-theo

TriniGT
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
HP2 - offered nothing but pumped up graphics. Was a big let down after playing PU
Carbon takes 2nd place - car exterior customization was the only cool thing about that game.

It sucks that they did not build (and refine) on what PS offered, in a successor as yet. I hope that they do

internet3
01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
looks like black box has stuck out on alll votes aleast ea got rids of those jerks.

yeah that's good, my question is tho, IF they do a NFS 13, WHO WILL DO IT?

06FERRARIENZO
01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
well who ever does do it if they do it they should learn from black boxes mistakes.

SLZ Roadstar
01-27-2009, 04:02 AM
HP2 - offered nothing but pumped up graphics. Was a big let down after playing PU

It hurts. :'(

TriniGT
01-28-2009, 07:39 AM
It hurts. :'(

Sorry, Ark. Group Hug?

T0MMY
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
i think NFS UC is the worst of all bad gameplay, bad storyline, bad graphic

i dont why you guys hate NFS UDG1 so much i enjoy the game alot i think that is the only NFS that have good AI opponent after HP2

davidgboogie
02-01-2009, 09:46 PM
definetly prostreet.the sim was just to bad,the handling was horrible,and it didnt even follow the nfs recipe.no street racing,no cops,no adrenaline rush...so prostreet gets my vote.the best nfs,however,is by far most wanted.almost everything in it was perfect.

evanspec
02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I voted NFS: Porsche Unleashed, because, well, there are only Porsche's!

Mr. Panoz
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Addons, my friend, addons ...

Krystoff
02-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I vote for Pro Street because is the most "unfinished" game I have ever bought (even with the patch)

Zpectre
02-08-2009, 01:17 PM

Like that is a bad thing...

nfslover101
02-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Id have to say, all but 4 and Most Wanted...
________
ASIAN BONDAGE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/117/bondage/videos/1)

NFSRazorRocker
02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Nfs underground is the worst, classic nfs games are much better.
I totaly agree
oh hi stan its me 123456nfsuc of youtube
--------------------------
if i were to put all games from BEst to WORST here they are
PORSCHE-2000
MOSTWANTED
UNDERCOVER
PROSTREET
HIGH STAKES
CARBON
HP2
HP
UG1+2 can suck my riced A$$

FlyeThemoon
02-08-2009, 03:04 PM
nfs pro street What were they thinking? , LEGAl Racing for Tuners, sucks, next bad NFS game for me its carbon BORING BORING and BORING, Nihil Novil except canion races adn autosculpt, just cutlet heated up :D, i think NFS series comes to end, i want back Porsche style game.

evanspec
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Like that is a bad thing...

If there is anything I want, it is variety.

Linkin
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Carbon was a shameful game.

ricersHA
02-08-2009, 11:20 PM
i think NFS series comes to end, i want back Porsche style game.[/QUOTE]

Know what you mean the good old games are many times funner to play than the overdone new games,and can the new games have a better side mission than factory driver?

NFSRazorRocker
02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Carbon was a shameful game.

i hated that game too
like someone in this tread said

"its like your racing at 3 am in the morning and your doing a favor to the cops".
which you are in a way .. LOL

Ricochet
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
It was b/w Carbon and UG, I eventually picked UG because Carbon at least had supercars and I actually like it's MW-like physics (save for Drift).

Haven't tried Undercover yet and ProStreet I played on PS2 so I can't compare it at all.

06FERRARIENZO
02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
we can only hope that next years nfs games are better.......
alot better.

SLZ Roadstar
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I just got Undercover & I must say that its cars performance isnt realistic at all. Also, the lights are not in correct positions & what also sucks is that we cant sell pinkslip cars. Rest of the game I found is good.

TenPoundBurrito
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
If I had to sort them in order with best to worst, here's my personal order:

NFS4 - High Stakes
NFS1
NFS 2 - The Untouchables
NFS 6 - Hot Pursuit II
NFS 9 - Most Wanted
NFS 3 - Hot Pursuit
NFS 5 - Porsche Unleashed
NFS 8 - Underground II
NFS 10 - Carbon
NFS 7 - Underground

- Never played NFS 11 (Pro Street) or 12 (Undercover), so I can't really vote on them. I'll have to wait until I can upgrade my computer to try those out. -

Worst of all is Underground, which I blame for starting the whole "nighttime only, tuner-only" racing that has seemed to permeate Need for Speed ever since, with the exception of Most Wanted.

NFS1 - Awesome game, very realistice, excellent cars, but was put off by lack of a custom color feature (the Toyota Supra was my second-favorite car, after the Lamborghini Diablo, but I absolutely hate the color red).

NFS2 - Good game, semi-realistic, 2-Player was awesome with my little brother, but lack of police chases was a downer.

NFS3 - Good game, 2-Player was fun, lots of car choices, police chases were fun on both sides of the law, custom color option awesome, but this is the game that started the whole "unrealistic" handling issue with the Need for Speed series.

NFS4 - Personal favorite. I've been able to eliminate most of the unrealistic handling quirks through a special setup in the Carp.txt file in each car. Load of mods, ultimate in game customization ever, good police chases. Only downer is that it's finally truly outdated. Only a new graphics and physics engine can bring it back now, and that's what I'm hoping Need for Speed 13 is.

NFS5 - Excellent physics engine, almost on par with NFS1, good track system, but come on - nothing but Porsches! EA should've brought out another version of this same game with other sportscars of the period.

NFS6 - Good game, return of other sportscars, physics engine better than NFS3, but not as good as NFS5. Graphics are awesome, decent tracks, but pursuits aren't as intense and the custom color option is gone again beyond standard manufacturer colors (a red, and only red, Mustang!). I've often cursed the Gran Turismo series for this same fault.

NFS7 - Graphics are actually worse than NFS6, no exotic locales, no Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborghini, or even Corvette, Mustang, and Viper. Visual upgrades would've been fun, except for "rice" factor. First time for Front-Wheel Drive cars in NFS.

NFS8 - Graphics still poor, still just a city. Free-roam is kinda fun, but still has way too many drawbacks when compared with older Need for Speeds.

NFS9 - Graphics good, gameplay fun, pursuits insanely fun! Good car choice (except Front-Drivers), city with variety, daytime driving, return of modding thanks to Arushan, but physics engine is one of the worst yet in a Need for Speed game. I've never had a car instantly slam on the brakes whenever it gets under 25 miles per hour like the ones in Most Wanted do.

NFS10 - Graphics good, but again, nothing but nighttime driving in a city with occasional forays into a nearby canyon (which I found pretty fun, actually). Autosculpt was interesting, but a true 3-D modifier like CarCAD or Zmodeler, only simplified, would've been much better. Drift mode really sucked; it was way to easy and to unrealistic.

NFS11 - Haven't played.

NFS12 - Haven't played.

NFS13 - Awaiting patiently.

Killua
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
NFS1 - Awesome game, very realistice, excellent cars, but was put off by lack of a custom color feature (the Toyota Supra was my second-favorite car, after the Lamborghini Diablo, but I absolutely hate the color red).

Haha, I hate red too. I also agree about the red Mustang Cobra R.

NFS4 - Personal favorite. I've been able to eliminate most of the unrealistic handling quirks through a special setup in the Carp.txt file in each car. Load of mods, ultimate in game customization ever, good police chases. Only downer is that it's finally truly outdated. Only a new graphics and physics engine can bring it back now, and that's what I'm hoping Need for Speed 13 is.

Pretty interesting. Did you modify the CARP.txt only by yourself, or is there some tutorial that teaches you how to change the cars' characteristics to be more real?

snoukkaaja
02-15-2009, 10:22 AM
ProStreet. Handling is so CRAP! Undergrounds would be best, if they have got damage. :) UG is fresh idea.

MclarenX
02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Prostreet's handling actually tried to follow real cars. Try driving a car and you find that cornering at 75mph is MUCH more difficult than arcade games would have you believe.

And yes, UG was a fresh idea, but the problem is that they just kept recycling that idea...not so fresh anymore.

Ricochet
02-15-2009, 01:19 PM
The guys at EA experimented an arcade-simulator hybrid with ProStreet

internet3
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM
The guys at EA experimented an arcade-simulator hybrid with ProStreet

i agree here, i like how ProStreet moved around, it felt natural until you slammed lvl. 4 mods, there it would just go down the dran, also i noted once the cars went past 800 HP // 500 Ft. Trq. they would just rocket past 200 like if there was no Drag (highly notable in the GT2 and the MF1)

06FERRARIENZO
02-15-2009, 10:48 PM
i agree at first with stock cars it felt real but with all the tuning it got messed up.

Ricochet
02-15-2009, 11:27 PM
i agree here, i like how ProStreet moved around, it felt natural until you slammed lvl. 4 mods, there it would just go down the dran, also i noted once the cars went past 800 HP // 500 Ft. Trq. they would just rocket past 200 like if there was no Drag (highly notable in the GT2 and the MF1)

but thanks to ProStreet, no one will try such a concept again:

arcade-simulator hybrid = FAIL

AJ_Lethal
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I totaly agree
oh hi stan its me 123456nfsuc of youtube
--------------------------
if i were to put all games from BEst to WORST here they are
HIGH STAKES
HP
PORSCHE-2000
MOSTWANTED
UNDERCOVER
PROSTREET
CARBON
HP2

UG1+2 can suck my riced A$$
Fixed for ya

SLZ Roadstar
02-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Here is my personal order:-
Hot Pursuit 2
High Stakes
Porsche Unleashed
Most Wanted
Undercover
Hot Pursuit
NFS2
Underground 2
Underground
NFS1
Carbon

Not played Pro Street till now.

Apocalypse
02-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Personally speaking, the first NFS i played was NFS2 years ago and was highly impressed...
Then i lost the track of NFS games and after quite some time played Most Wanted. I was amazed by the game and nearly tried every NFS game from then on but got dissapointed from NFS 10 and above. First NFSes(classics, as you would call it) were quite refreshing IMO. NFS Carbon was just bullshit, a night copy of most wanted with such a short storyline. Then ProStreet was another disappointment. It does not suit NFS.

This time, Undercover brought back the memories of Most Wanted except that it lacked the "feel" i got in Most Wanted............

Me voted for Prostreet.

MclarenX
02-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Personally speaking, the first NFS i played was NFS2 years ago and was highly impressed...
Then i lost the track of NFS games and after quite some time played Most Wanted. I was amazed by the game and nearly tried every NFS game from then on but got disappointed from NFS 10 and above.

Wow, exact same story here.

From best to worst, I would say:

Most Wanted
Porsche
High Stakes
II
TNFS
Hot Pursuits 1 and 2 (Couldn't decide)
[Where Undercover might be with some proper patching]
Prostreet
Undercover
Carbon
Underground 2
Underground

And @ AJ_Lethal- You can't "fix" opinions.

Apocalypse
02-17-2009, 06:12 AM
My Best to Worst:

Most Wanted
High Stakes
II-SE
Hot Pursuit 1
Hot Pursuit 2
Porsche
I
Undercover
[No Specific Order Below :P]
Underground 2
Underground
Prostreet
Carbon

AJ_Lethal
02-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, exact same story here.

From best to worst, I would say:

Most Wanted
Porsche
High Stakes
II
TNFS
Hot Pursuits 1 and 2 (Couldn't decide)
[Where Undercover might be with some proper patching]
Prostreet
Undercover
Carbon
Underground 2
Underground

And @ AJ_Lethal- You can't "fix" opinions.

Well, well. But putting HS below PS is a bad taste showing.

Sander
02-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Worst for me is definately Carbon. Can't even remember playing it, even though I know I did (as I bought the game, to keep my nfs collection complete).

Pro Street isn't very good either, although I played it quite a bit more than Carbon. Undercover is one of the biggest disappointments when it comes to expectations: it's basicly Most Wanted, but just not as good. The Underground titles weren't my taste, but at least they were put together properly.

Hot Pursuit 2 on PC wasn't that good unfortunately, although I have played it quite a lot. The PS2 version is better. NFS2 was cool when it came out, especially with 3Dfx in NFS2:SE. Hot Pursuit and High Stakes were very good and the ability to add user content was a huge success (it's also the reason NFSCars exists).

NFS: Porsche Unleashed and TNFS (SE) were the best titles for me. TNFS was out of this world when it came out. I was used to Test Drive/Stunts/Lotus Ultimate Challenge when TNFS came out, the graphics were way ahead of it's time. The cars, the sounds, the tracks, man did I love this game. Porsche Unleashed is for me one of the best because of it's realism (closer to a race sim than to an arcade racer), the game modes, the cars, the tracks, it was perfect in almost any way. The lack of other brands didn't bother me at all.

davidgboogie
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Prostreet didnt need to be a nfs game.it might as well have been called:Forza Motorsport 3.

it wasnt a nfs game.no it wasnt. no nfs formula,barley any adreniline,and the graphics werent the best. i hated it,i didnt know what ea was thinking about when they make this game.it makes undercover look like a succesful game of the year.prostreet just wasnt the type of game ea needed to make.

MclarenX
02-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Well, well. But putting HS below PS is a bad taste showing.

And are you just saying that because of everybody else says they like High Stakes better? You didn't even say why you said it was bad taste. Doing stuff like that says a lot about you. I'm sorry, but I simply hate people who think less of people with different opinion.

On Topic

Black Box having practically all the votes says something. I don't even think they know how to please the customer with the most basic features for most of the games they made. Undercover really just blows everything away when it comes to how little they seem to care about game quality. Did they even try their own game on the PC? It doesn't seem so; because unless the developers are all blind, deaf, or drunk, the extreme buggyness of the game would have been painfully obvious.

AJ_Lethal
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
And are you just saying that because of everybody else says they like High Stakes better? You didn't even say why you said it was bad taste. Doing stuff like that says a lot about you. I'm sorry, but I simply hate people who think less of people with different opinion.

OK, OK, I'm sorry for my previous comment, I just got a lil zane about that. Sorry if I pissed you off.

WolfTwister
03-27-2009, 08:37 AM
I had to say PS the idea of a legal racing simulator makes me sick
I love destroyin cop cars and all that other Bull s***.
The only thing i don't like about UC is that vynils don't show up online

Jimmy
03-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Carbon. I was very disappointed with Underground on release, though.

Soup
04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, PROStreet wasn't all that great it wasn't as bad as UnderGround2

Here's why UnderGround2 had too many friggen' garages and lotsa use-less shit I didn't need so you I had a low visual star rating and a awsome looking car! And also the storyline had no meaning and it was really boring..

Manic
04-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, PROStreet wasn't all that great it wasn't as bad as UnderGround2

Here's why UnderGround2 had too many friggen' garages and lotsa use-less shit I didn't need so you I had a low visual star rating and a awsome looking car! And also the storyline had no meaning and it was really boring..

I kinda liked Underground 2 for making you drive to shop/garage/event to advance. Without that visual-rating bullshit it would be a great game.

In my opinion, the worst game I ever played is Undercover. That "I don't render anything you don't see and don't give a damn if I ruin your high-speed racing by stopping your game every three seconds" graphic engine and that "just tap your direction once and I'll steer you very quickly, hold it for a longer than 10 milliseconds and I'll make you spin your car like an action-movie hero; ain't that cool" handling are way below my expectations. Not to mention those Hollywood-star actresses who just messed up the whole gaming experience.

ProStreet is good, just gameplay is too monotonous (win/dominate one race day after another as *lurch* Ryan Cooper 'till you end up racing against Ryo Watanabe; beat him and become *vomit* Street King). Handling and driving physics are great (whoever said otherwise is either a noob or a damn liar). And one very unrealistic thing--Murcielago LP640 (V12) with all level 4 parts has less horses than equally decked-out Evo X or Skyline R34 (both V6). Still, it's a lot better than its sucessor.

Carbon is great only because of classic muscles (though I didn't saw any driven by AI except those by Neville, Sal, Samson and Angie, but what the hell). Drifting is disastrous, but more disastrous are noobs who said that it's "cool" and "realistic". And I think that EA introduced those muscles in Carbon (and thus all further NFS titles) only because they made appearance in all three Fast & Furious movies (Camaro, Charger, Challenger, Chevelle, Roadrunner) and Gone in 60 Seconds ('Cuda, GT500). Still, it's driveable.

MW is one of the best just because it's moddable (only moddable NFS I have *sad*). For a gameplay, it's one I never really got tired of (still beating those cheatty AI racers to get a chance to put that Bookmaker's Ferrari 288 GTO on the same line with Razor). The best one I played.

Underground 2 is the first NFS I played, and I still ocassionaly play it just because of performance tuning and that long career mode (usually with not riced Mustang GT, for DVD's I rice some ugly import). Not bad.

Underground--only tuners. Interesting game, but really not too much. I finished it once (or maybe twice), started maybe 3-4 times more and never finished. But still better gameplay than Undercover's.

Other NFS titles I never played (and even couldn't get them, though I would like), so I won't comment on them.

NAMETYR
04-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Undercover gets my vote for HORRIBLE physics and a patch that just ****ed up my game. And I noticed that as you change your car place, the light and the sky change suddendly. How bad was it. Carbon would be the runner up.

And where is the choice "Big Rigs Over the Road" ? :P

Rockeroller
04-13-2009, 10:14 PM
i think the question should be: which EA driving game is the best ? 'cause i like 'em all, even the cheesy old ones. If i would offer a critique of ones i've played i'd say:

hi stakes : well, old blocky graphics ( it is old after all), game seems really hard. i like the tracks, and the damagability of the cars.

hot pursuit 2: awesome choice of cars, i like the graphics rendering. Cheery sunny racing days. More tracks would've been nice, but the reversability of tracks helps out. Nice damagabilty on cars which adds a tiny bit of realism. i like the jump cam and all that. good music. this game is the easist to add moded cars to, of any EA games.

underground: well more car choice would've been nice. customization is nice, but was traded for damagabilty. It's really HARD to do drifting in this game, which is required to progress.

underground 2: i haven't played this one much, but it does strike me as odd, that the way the road is rendered, it looks like a much older game. wider car selection would be nice.

most wanted: seems ok. i originally played this game with a weaker graphics card, i have to try it with my new 512mb card to see if my opinion improves. the ability to mod this game is nice.

carbon: i think this game is pretty awesome. racing in daylight would be nice change. i did seem to get to the "end" rather quickly. some of the bonus items do seem impossible to obtain

pro street: i liked this game, although i haven't played it much to have any criticisms.

what id like EA to do is produce a game that features options like exotic cars, vintage cars, muscle cars etc. Good rockin tunes would be nice, moding car feature, and above all i'd like realistic damage to the car i'm driving, and opponents. If i drive the side of the car into a guard rail i'd like to see some DAMAGE, not just "paint scrapes". Something more or less along the lines of flatout, the way they portray damage.

Soup
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I kinda liked Underground 2 for making you drive to shop/garage/event to advance. Without that visual-rating bullshit it would be a great game.

In my opinion, the worst game I ever played is Undercover. That "I don't render anything you don't see and don't give a damn if I ruin your high-speed racing by stopping your game every three seconds" graphic engine and that "just tap your direction once and I'll steer you very quickly, hold it for a longer than 10 milliseconds and I'll make you spin your car like an action-movie hero; ain't that cool" handling are way below my expectations. Not to mention those Hollywood-star actresses who just messed up the whole gaming experience.

ProStreet is good, just gameplay is too monotonous (win/dominate one race day after another as *lurch* Ryan Cooper 'till you end up racing against Ryo Watanabe; beat him and become *vomit* Street King). Handling and driving physics are great (whoever said otherwise is either a noob or a damn liar). And one very unrealistic thing--Murcielago LP640 (V12) with all level 4 parts has less horses than equally decked-out Evo X or Skyline R34 (both V6). Still, it's a lot better than its sucessor.

Carbon is great only because of classic muscles (though I didn't saw any driven by AI except those by Neville, Sal, Samson and Angie, but what the hell). Drifting is disastrous, but more disastrous are noobs who said that it's "cool" and "realistic". And I think that EA introduced those muscles in Carbon (and thus all further NFS titles) only because they made appearance in all three Fast & Furious movies (Camaro, Charger, Challenger, Chevelle, Roadrunner) and Gone in 60 Seconds ('Cuda, GT500). Still, it's driveable.

MW is one of the best just because it's moddable (only moddable NFS I have *sad*). For a gameplay, it's one I never really got tired of (still beating those cheatty AI racers to get a chance to put that Bookmaker's Ferrari 288 GTO on the same line with Razor). The best one I played.

Underground 2 is the first NFS I played, and I still ocassionaly play it just because of performance tuning and that long career mode (usually with not riced Mustang GT, for DVD's I rice some ugly import). Not bad.

Underground--only tuners. Interesting game, but really not too much. I finished it once (or maybe twice), started maybe 3-4 times more and never finished. But still better gameplay than Undercover's.

Other NFS titles I never played (and even couldn't get them, though I would like), so I won't comment on them.

I Think Most Of Us Agree When We Say 'Most Wanted' Was The Best!

Muhammad Umar.
07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Nfs carbon
nfs ug-2
nfs hp-2
nfs hp
nfs hs

Muhammad Umar.
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
NFS CARBON
NFS Hp-2
nfs hp
nfs pu
nfs hs
nfs ug-2...

Alexsfr
07-31-2009, 03:00 PM
i hate
NFSUG
NFSUG2
NFSC
NFSUC and i vote it

MostEdwardo1
07-31-2009, 03:12 PM
i say UG
and UC but i vote for UC it wasnt finished :(

RevanFan
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Pro Street by far.

nissan_370Z
For me it's Prostreet. no free roaming, worse then carbon which I would have voted for before prostreet came out.

MostEdwardo1
Pro Street by far.
sure??? becuse UC was ''unfinished''

RevanFan
07-31-2009, 03:19 PM
I liked Undercover.

GTR
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Undercover was definitely the worst. I actually liked Prostreet, for the simple fact that it was more realistic than other releases and had something that GT5 developers call "human element".

RuubW
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Guys, I was actually planning on buying Pro Street within a week or two weeks or so. But I read so much negative stuff about it.

Should I buy it (I think it's around 25 Euros)? I have to note I did like Carbon, so will I like Pro Street? The other parts of the NFS series might be better, but would it be worth 25 Euros I got for my birthday?
I do have to note the 25 Euros came as some sort of coupon I can only spend at a limited amount of stores - so it'd go to a game anyway.

Thank you for your help.

Civic_Undercover
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
I think for me it was Underground 1/2, and ProStreet on the PC as well. Underground blew hard because of required ricing. What were they thinking!? Cars look good at 3 stars or lower. The spinners, audio, excessive neon, it's just stupid! Hell, they should call the 2 games "NFS Rice Burner" and "NFS Rice Burner 2"

Still, the bullshit culminates with ProStreet. Cars handled like bricks, menus were really awkward to navigate, car damage was bullshit (rolling over once results in a TOTALLED?!), no ability to just drive around an open environment, and finally just the concept. Why would you ever go against what made NFS the game it was in the past. So much for going back to its roots, con artists.

I have yet to play Undercover, but I'm going to rent it first, to see how it is. "Test the waters."

Myojinoir
07-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Underground was a nice swich of paste, it was something new to the series, but it based on Fast And F`reackingriced`urious just too damn much.
U2 - was bullox.
PS was an attempt to make something +/- similar to GT and Forza, what, not counting that it wasnt a *WC racing* game, got beatdown by GRID. But still, the game is loveable.
Most Wanted, despite having some lame storyline and cheezy characters, was a pretty good game - cop chases, challenge series.
Carbon, despite it having the most cheeziest storyline, that nobody really cares for, had some charm aswell, bringing old american cars to the game - epic, challenge series - not too bad, cop chases - not as cool as MW, but still it was fun to play. Now..Undercover..IS The Bullox.
NFS Uc, the Beatdown - the game had *Cheezy* written all over it. What`s up with the RPG element - Wheelman level, what difference does that make? Why the screwed up handling? Why so many car thefts? The police just sucked, and what`s up with the dirt? Uh, i`ve neveer seen a Lambo going on dirt... or worse, a Veyron. The graphics are pure console bliss - bloom effect heaven. No way to turn it off, unless you want everything to look like crap, by turning the effects to low or off. Nice car list, bad prices(i guess this goes to every NFS game now), and what`s up with the FnF again?
Worst of all is Undercover, nuff said.
And you guys who said HS, PU and HP2 are bad -
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/1159434782588.jpg

ricersHA
07-31-2009, 07:40 PM
@RuubW I myself like it alot it was different for the first time since UG1 it was more on racing than hip-hop.bad cut scenes,and it was much better finished than carbon and Undercovered what i heard.If you like grid you might like PS.

DJMantis
07-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Epic thread revival O.o

Underground 2. Any Need for speed title that comes default with SUVs needs to have every existing copy burned.

RuubW
07-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Epic thread revival O.o

Underground 2. Any Need for speed title that comes default with SUVs needs to have every existing copy burned.

I think that's a fun addition. Useless, but fun.
What I do not like about UG2 is that you have to ruin your ride with things like roof scoops, and new rims while you like the old rims better.
Don't get me wrong, I do like UG2. Frankly, I honestly don't know which game to vote on. UG1 was a bit too hard, UG2 requires you to ruin your ride, Carbon is a bit short (good replay though, if you ask me) and has a dull and uninteresting storyline... I just don't know. Well, I know my vote would definitely not go to Most Wanted, which I have on the Xbox (the only modable NFS and I don't have it for the pc >.>). I'll see how I like Pro Street.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
07-31-2009, 09:16 PM
no they wouldn't.

There is something like that already, its called Test Drive Unlimited. Plus the megapack is worth paying the 15 euros for 46 new cars. Even the mods for it are excellent. And IMO all the games past HP2 I disliked. Not the worst games ever but I have to say......Pro Street.

Mach_5
07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
NFSU - No car variety and HP2's Graphics were better.
NFSU2 - Crazy Ricer's Game
NFSC - Under utilizes police chases and bad driving physics
NFSPS - Awkward physics and Crappy Voice Acting
NFSUC - Buggy and overrated

All the NFS execpt those are all ok

Muhammad Umar.
07-31-2009, 09:29 PM
I think for me it was Underground 1/2, and ProStreet on the PC as well. Underground blew hard because of required ricing. What were they thinking!? Cars look good at 3 stars or lower. The spinners, audio, excessive neon, it's just stupid! Hell, they should call the 2 games "NFS Rice Burner" and "NFS Rice Burner 2"

Still, the bullshit culminates with ProStreet. Cars handled like bricks, menus were really awkward to navigate, car damage was bullshit (rolling over once results in a TOTALLED?!), no ability to just drive around an open environment, and finally just the concept. Why would you ever go against what made NFS the game it was in the past. So much for going back to its roots, con artists.

I have yet to play Undercover, but I'm going to rent it first, to see how it is. "Test the waters."

i konw NFS UG-2 is worst but NFS UG and PS r very awesome. i like it. and i know nfsug is very hard but i kike it's customization menus,Trax and much more. and about prostreet u siad (rolling over once results in a TOTALLED?!), it depends on ur driving and ur skill and i like it Grip Drag ,Grip and Speed races.

next time use plz common sense .

Mach_5
07-31-2009, 09:36 PM
i konw NFS UG-2 is worst but NFS UG and PS r very awesome. i like it. and i know nfsug is very hard but i kike it's customization menus,Trax and much more. and about prostreet u siad (rolling over once results in a TOTALLED?!), it depends on ur driving and ur skill and i like it Grip Drag ,Grip and Speed races.

Seems like ur a ricer.

DJMantis
07-31-2009, 09:49 PM
I think that's a fun addition. Useless, but fun.

That's all right, but I'd rather stick to 4x4 Evolution and Screamer 4x4 if I want trucks.

Trucks should be for climbing rocks and running over bears, not lowering and putting 21s on and removing 95% of their function.

Muhammad Umar.
07-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Seems like ur a ricer.

no your mind is ricer:P.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
07-31-2009, 09:55 PM

He had a good opinion yours didn't make sense to me.

Mach_5
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
i konw NFS UG-2 is worst but NFS UG and PS r very awesome. i like it. and i know nfsug is very hard but i like it's customization menus,Trax and much more. and about prostreet u siad (rolling over once results in a TOTALLED?!), it depends on ur driving and ur skill and i like it Grip Drag ,Grip and Speed races.

Like it's customization. Get that>?

Dark Stealth_Hunter
07-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Like it's customization. Get that>?

The man is right, he pretty much has a point about what you said wrong.

SLZ Roadstar
08-01-2009, 05:37 AM

My friend, you seem to have a bad taste. :x

Nfsfreak#1
08-01-2009, 06:03 AM

Yep.
And what does common sense have to do with ricing? Except the fact that if you rice a car it's gonna look like sh*t.
But the worst is undercover.
Crappy Handling (wtf), ugly gfx, motion blur is beyond ugly, car sound sucks.

RuubW
08-01-2009, 06:14 AM

I don't know anything about Pro Street (yet). But Muhammed seems to have a point about UG1s EA TRAX. If you ask me, it has better tracks than a lot of other NFS games. For example, I didn't like any of the music in MW and Carbon, but that's just me.
But the tracks don't make a game jump from worst to best, so don't consider this post part of your discussion.

Myojinoir
08-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Ug had 3 good songs, that`s it, the others were shiet. Best OST is prolly PU`s though.

TheCarTester
08-01-2009, 06:47 AM
ug1 because of crappy road grip and such

Double Mac
08-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Underground was a nice swich of paste, it was something new to the series, but it based on Fast And F`reackingriced`urious just too damn much. U2 - was bullox. (...)

How was it more 'bullox' than its predecessor? Because of the added emphasis on the necessity to 'pimp your ride' in the career mode? That admittedly unfortunate feature didn't even affect the quality of the actual racing which - as far as I'm concerned - was simply fun. I advise you to take a good look at UG2's following advantages:

1. Varied physics coupled with amazingly advanced performance tuning options (and the inclusion of test tracks to boot).
2. A sh*tload of (often satisfyingly long) tracks (31 circuits - not including the 11 URL & 8 Street X layouts - and 23 sprint routes) in comparison with UG1's measly 8 circuit & sprint courses each.
3. A significantly more comprehensive list of vehicles including (and why not?) the hapless SUV's, which you weren't even forced to use at any point in the game.
4. Replays (!) with a few - basic but still welcome - camera angles, which surpasses HP2's (PC) offering in this department. And let's not forget about the fact that this was the last time replays would make their coveted appearance in an NFS title! (Shift is supposed to reintroduce them.)
5. An inventive use of the newly introduced free-roam feature via the inclusion of spontaneous outrun events (also - thankfully! - accessible in MP mode).
6. The free-roaming environment itself which - with its wealth of intersections in the downtown & Coal Harbor areas, the convenient highway loop & the 'old-school' NFS Jackson Heights curves - I personally rate higher than Carbon's dismal & curve-littered Palmont City.
7. The 'style points' concept put to good use through the 'intelligent' N2O-recharging implementation. Now, before anybody protests... of course it wasn't realistic at all (in comparison with UG1's solution) but it certainly beat the crap out of MW/C/UC's idiotic (all-I-need-to-do-is-uh-keep-going) proposition. At least it made you think a little: 'do I pass that guy at once or do I stay in his slipstream to earn some extra boost?' Or 'should I take this corner like a pro or sacrifice some time hoping to execute a beautiful powerslide?' And while we're on the subject of powerslides - as an added challenge you were actually required to complete those without any collisions getting between you and the desired extra points.
8. An arguably cosmetic feature but what the hell: better engine sounds, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, driving towards each event quickly became old, and being forced to listen to Brooke Burke's moronic drawl all too often provided an even more painful experience, but I can't possibly dismiss a truly sympathetic, feature-packed & attractively designed game on the basis of a few decidedly superficial flaws. And neither should you.

dobi_93
08-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Underground 1/2 - too much rice and no cops :/

Myojinoir
08-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Okay Double Mac, you`re right, i was just a bit too lazy to type anything about Ug2, God knows when was the last time i played it, but i guess i disliked it because it was too damn long. There were loads of tracks - works for me, It had replay - good comeback, some cars that werent in Ug1 - not too schabby, but i disliked the city. It looked good, almost like Vegas, but it lacked cops so much - makes the free roam relatively useless. Driving from one event to another - not fun. Taking pictures? Why? The time trials were okay, but.. Taking a look from another point of view - you`re an illegal street racer, yet you make pictures of your car and put it on mags.. that`s just weird. Same goes for Ug1.
Besides i`m stating my opinion of the game =) sorry for being so short, two words.. But i just didnt think it`s worth typing anything to it. Yes, next to Uc is Ug2.

Double Mac
08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, I'm not trying to 'force' you to like the game, as - at the end of the day - it's all down to personal preferences. I just found your comment unfair, especially in light of the fact that UG2 - whichever way you look at it - offers an indisputable improvement on the UG1 formula (as Zpectre pointed it out earlier in this thread).

Yes, I'd love to see Bayview populated by cops as well, but the outrun feature remains a personal favorite of mine. I can't understand why EA decided to ditch this exciting element in the subsequent titles, let alone get rid of the (essential, if you ask me) replay mode. Carbon offered spontaneous encounters with a fixed set of destinations (which killed the fun for me), while UC imposed a completely unnecessary time limit on all outrun-type events. Even the highway battles would be infinitely more exciting if you could freely utilize all those miles of the highway system (given that you'd never run out of the road).

Most importantly though, I simply tend to revisit UG2 much more often than its predecessor, which features too many tracks with disappointingly overlapping areas.

AgentRoo
08-02-2009, 02:18 AM
I never really saw any redeeming features for Undercover.

The "heroic driving system" completely messed up my style of driving - I often tap steer to avoid oversteer, but UC interprets that as a request to do a bootleggers turn. The loading system takes forever to load an area, even mid-race. Supposedly this existed in C and MW, but it certainly wasn't as noticeable.

All the others have at least one redeeming feature.

Underground introduced the detailed modification system, and sucessfully revived a tired franchise.

Underground 2 was an improved and polished version of Underground. Most sucessful IMO was the dyno.

Most Wanted brought the Police back into the frame, although the excessive length of the career was a minor fault. Redeemingly it was sucessfully cracked, allowing the use of third-party vehicles.

Carbon doesn't have the silly L4/Unique mods, introduced autosculpt (might not have been perfect, but it did allow the classic supercharger-through-the-hood appearance on Muscles) and reintroduced tiers.

Pro Street was a return to the classic NFS (1&2) of non-street racing. The largest selection of individual cars (as opposed to PU's two dozen plus variations of the 356), and the largest number of cars not included for at least two generations. I enjoyed the improved realism of the handling, the only fault I have with it really is that the scoring in drift is calculated oddly - it can be easier to score on a short track rather than it's longer one for example.

Zpectre
08-03-2009, 03:06 AM
I may have already posted here but I got nothing to do... I'll omit those I don't own.

NFS2SE was my first NFS game and it was damn awesome because of the photorealistic interiors, the cars and the tracks. You also needed skill to play it.

NFS3 was not as entertaining but the pursuits were fun for a while. Cops were too easy though.

NFSHS renders NFS3 superfluous. I played it a lot because of the very long career and the mods. Unfortunately its graphic limitations mean it doesn't belong in current times.

NFSPU was one of the top three in the series. I played through it so many times and knew all the small quirks of the cars. It's very difficult to see such a refined game nowadays.

NFSHP2 was really boring. I bothered to finish it but I had little satisfaction in doing it. It wasn't an easy game, especially with the faster cars, but it had too little variety and it lost many features like inside view and weather conditions. The car sounds sucked.

NFSU2 is a nice racing game if you dissociate it from the real world. Then it becomes perfectly conceivable that a Skyline sucks balls in circuit races. I liked trying different setups on the test track and the city was very nice with a lot of different track types. Street X was intense. But it lacked any sense of progression since almost all the later cars like Skyline, Impreza, etc. sucked and you could beat the game very easily with a 240SX or a Corolla. It also had too much of a wannabe ghetto attitude, and SUVs which were useless...

NFSMW is one of the best. Kickass city with tons of different routes, nice cars, challenging cops, great graphics, and Josie Maran... The car list is short but this is actually an advantage because you get to know everything about all the cars and they're all easily identifiable. The only drawback I see in it is that my OCD tends to kick in whenever I start playing it again and makes it a hassle trying to use certain unfortunate cars which happen to be the target of my bad thoughts... Well, it isn't their fault that I'm a troubled individual.

NFSC is a good game, I wouldn't rank it as one of the worst because I had a lot of fun with it, partially because it's almost identical to MW except it's in a different city with different cars. It's not better than MW though. The problem with Carbon was that pursuits are almost completely irrelevant to the game and some achievements are no longer attainable because EA shut down the servers.

NFSPS is also a good game but some tracks are too out of this world for a simulation game (like speed challenges) and EA gave bad advertising to BMW by making their cars suck. I had some fun with it, but it wasn't as adrenaline-pumping as MW.

NFSUC... It's the worst. It had the potential. It had the cars. It had a passable storyline for a racing game. But extremely touchy handling of fully upgraded cars coupled with the horribly buggy graphics engine and complete lack of logic of pursuit heat levels killed this game. EA should've been sued for releasing such a buggy game...

KimoKiller199
08-03-2009, 07:24 AM
I'd say hp2

RevanFan
08-03-2009, 11:09 AM
NFSMW is one of the best. Kickass city with tons of different routes, nice cars, challenging cops, great graphics, and Josie Maran... The car list is short but this is actually an advantage because you get to know everything about all the cars and they're all easily identifiable. The only drawback I see in it is that my OCD tends to kick in whenever I start playing it again and makes it a hassle trying to use certain unfortunate cars which happen to be the target of my bad thoughts... Well, it isn't their fault that I'm a troubled individual.

I know what you mean. My OCD makes me lose it anytime I have a race that's close or I lose.

SLZ Roadstar
08-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Let me put more content about what I think about all the NFSes.

NFS2 - Nice soundtrack, cool tracks & great cars/traffic. It was a good game at that time & there were good knockout/tournament races. Its still a very entertaining game. If cheats were used, it almost doubles your entertainment!

NFS:HP - Wasnt appealing to me after I saw unrealistic cars. Introduction to hot pursuit mode came into existence. Cant write much about it because I havent played it more than a week!

NFS:HS - Nice game. Good cars, soundtracks. It can be said it was improved version of NFS3. Its fully moddable with thousands of new cars, tracks, showrooms. We can do anything we want. Not only that, it had all the tracks of NFS3 also.

NFS-PU - Nice track locations. Only Porsches. That sucked. Also, it was a pleasure to drive the cars from dash mode as the hands also moved along with steering wheel. Also, there were direction indicators, challenging races & most cars hardly reached beyond 170KMH! The Menu wasnt user friendly which also sucked.

NFS:HP2 - It also had great track locations but not as best as NFS5! This NFS had most of things which I wanted in NFS! Good gameplay, challenging races & cops + Be the cop mode. Soundtrack was great too & also career modes & good cars. Cars looked good but what I hated was limited choices for colours. But that hardly makes a difference to my playing! I liked its pursuit mode as it has helicopter dropping those smoke barrels along with spikes & roadblocks. This IMO is the most bugless NFS ever made. ;)

NFS:UG - Based on inspiration of Fast & Furious, people had liked in when it was launched. Nice customization but people got so bored of it later on that they would start vomiting if they saw rice. Car list & customization was quite OK & about the locations, it was disappointing as the whole city was not connected when we used to free roam. It also had annoying soundtrack.

NFS:UG2 - Improved version of NFS:UG. It has many new cars & deep customization to change the total outlook of the car! Same happened here also - people got so bored of customizing later on that they would start vomiting if they saw rice! Disappointing city location & soundtracks.

NFS:MW - One of the best modern NFS EA made. Good choice of cars & a nice big city. There was moderate customization which was good. New cop cars with damage. It also lacked some things like Be the cop mode,etc. It also had good storyline at the start of career & sound track.

NFS:C - Continuation of NFS:MW. BMW M3 GTR appears again! Here, customization reached new heights! You can modify the cars customization parts like increasing the size, grill size,etc! Races were challenging. Cops were not much challenging & all cop cars were the same as NFS:MW's. Worst soundtrack ever! Canyon races were cool thing of this NFS. Other than that, I didnt like much about this NFS. Most disappointing NFS IMO!

NFS:UC - Not a bad NFS but EA should have wasted more time improving it to a great extent. It has many bugs. One of them is that car handle very oddly & the tyre rubber shines. There are other glitches too. It has some good choice of cars & the whole location is very big. Pursuit cars are new & most challenging pursuits can be played here! Races werent much challenging except for some & a short career mode kills the excitement to play the game further. Soundtrack & car customization was strictly OK. Not much of disappointment but was Ok from playing Carbon, UG or UG2 as this atleast had much fun factor.

So my personal ranking of NFSes from worst to best:-
NFS:C
NFS:HP
NFS:U
NFS:UC
NFS:UG2
NFS2
NFS:HS
NFS-PU
NFS:MW
NFS:HP2

RuubW
08-05-2009, 01:27 PM
NFS2 - Nice soundtrack, cool tracks & great cars/traffic. It was a good game at that time & there were good knockout/tournament races. Its still a very entertaining game. If cheats were used, it almost doubles your entertainment!

You've got that right! 'pioneer', 'rush hour', driving a school bus or a t-rex = priceless.
By the way, you forgot Pro Street.

RevanFan
08-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Maybe it was on purpose. I'm sure most people would like to forget Pro Street.

SLZ Roadstar
08-06-2009, 04:36 AM
You've got that right! 'pioneer', 'rush hour', driving a school bus or a t-rex = priceless.

I didnt play Pro Street still. So didnt write about it. :|

Dark Stealth_Hunter
08-06-2009, 06:04 AM
I didnt play Pro Street still. So didnt write about it. :|

Its not worth writing about man, I'd take GRID over Pro Street anyway. :|

doc767
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
NfS Carbon.
+great car choice
+autosculpt
-stupid storyline (i dont like storylines on nfs)
-unrealistic car classes (how the f*ck is a f*cking skyline faster than a SL65AMG and DB9)
-only nighttime
-bad soundtrack
-too less money rewards
-stupid title
-useless crew members
etc.

3ni_2nr
08-09-2009, 11:02 AM
pro street initially made me feel like i was driving buses, i had grown to like the arcade style handling of most wanted.

however the drag and drift mode were very satisfying!!!!! (esp the drag!!!) after getiin into it, and getting accustomed to the school bus handling, it actually wasnt so bad, think of it a s a sim rather than an arcade racer cuz its not. btw cool soundtrack!!!

liked the intro of classic muscle cars in carbon, with the auto-sculpt hoods, physics on the tuners and muscles were just exaggerated to me... and yea, the crew were just really annoying at times...

underground 1 was groundbreaking at that time, underground 2 got really boring after the approx 100-120th race...

nfs6 and previous were all nice at that time,

most wanted is was and prolly will be always my fav, (esp thanx to arushan)

3ni_2nr
08-09-2009, 11:02 AM
deleted post

RuubW
08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
pro street initially made me feel like i was driving buses, i had grown to like the arcade style handling of most wanted.

however the drag and drift mode were very satisfying!!!!! (esp the drag!!!) after getiin into it, and getting accustomed to the school bus handling, it actually wasnt so bad, think of it a s a sim rather than an arcade racer cuz its not. btw cool soundtrack!!!

Yeah you do get used to it. I do think the handling in Pro Street is way more realistic than other NFS games. For the first time it takes some skill to race. Winning alone is not enough, you need enough points to dominate. And you can't just go full throttle, because the cars take damage and can be totalled. In previous games, you could just crash into walls to turn, in Pro Street you can't. Or how about taking a turn at 300 km/h (200mph), could that be done in real life? Probably, but most likely the driver wouldn't live to tell the tale.
It's quite a shame there's no free roam and no cops, but if you see it as an individual game instead of a part of a series, it's alright. Some good things about closed tracks is that the game is easier for your computer to run (less stuff to load). My laptop runs Pro Street better than it does Carbon.
Of course there's no complaining about the tuning. Very good, and even more elaborate than previous games like Carbon. One thing I do notice though is the limited choice of bumpers/bodykits.
Again there's a large choice of cars, most of which will never be used. But as you make progress in the game, you'll win some cars and probably buy some yourself. At the end of the game you'll have a garage with a lot of vehicles in it, which I personally like. Maybe I like it because it compensates for the absense of a 'My Cars' section. The cars will take quite a bundle of cash to trick out, but don't worry: there's a lot of cash to be won. You can also revisit previous races (race days) to get more cash, you'll get the same amount of cash for each race as you did when you first played the race.
I like a lot of the game modes they developed for the game. For example the speed challenges, in which you need to get to the finish or through checkpoints as fast as possible. Speed challenges can get annoying though, because of sharp cornering of your car which results in crashing. Or how about a variation on drag racing - the wheelie competition, which requires you to keep your front wheels in the air as long as possible.

All in all, I think Pro Street is worth it if you can find it for 20-25 Euros (or Dollars for you Americans). Don't compare it too much to games like Most Wanted, but look at it as an individual game. That combined with a descent computer, makes this game quite enjoyable.

3ni_2nr
08-09-2009, 12:59 PM
oh yes how could i forget the wheelie competitions!!!!!!!!!!! that was super cool!!!!!

yes, i missed the my cars section too!! but drags brought in quick money. i never quite got the hang of the speed challenges, i never figured out the best config for my car, it always steered etiher too quickly or too slowly.

i was disappointed that the boss had 69 GTO, i had LP 640 Lambo and Ford GT.

the races to get to him was harder than his...

showdown king EVO X was too fast to be an EVO X (om im prolly being biased cuz i dont like evos anyway)

drag queens mustang, kicked *** but Supra and 240SX(amazingly, cuz it gave a lot of points due to its fast times and low HP) were drag kings!!!

i liked how the cars took damage, but i enjoyed "wall for brakes" in other NFS's lol.

its was good in its own right but shuldnt have named with the "Need for Speed" franchise, "Need for Brakes" or "Need for Handling" would have been less misleading...

Double Mac
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
i was disappointed that the boss had 69 GTO (...).

1969? You mean, 1965, I believe?

Robin'7t4
08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
voted on ProStreet, it's definitively the worst tittle, just a crap as hell

added:
wtf? Who voted on Porsche Unleashed ? I can't believe it.

3ni_2nr
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
1969? You mean, 1965, I believe?

YES 65 GTO!!, thnx double mac, my bad

3ni_2nr
08-09-2009, 02:20 PM
voted on ProStreet, it's definitively the worst tittle, just a crap as hell

added:
wtf? Who voted on Porsche Unleashed ? I can't believe it.

prolly sum1 who never played the game

The Nordschleifer
08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Mabye it's because i'm almost drunken, but for me the worse NFS evar is Underground 2. I mean, it's ricer paradise. And that's enough.

Double Mac
08-09-2009, 03:23 PM
@ The Nordschleifer: As I've tried to point it out somewhere above, that's a very superficial perspective. And if dav_POLAND manages to introduce thorough support for add-ons in UG2, most of you naysayers will be like 'fantastic game!' some two years on from now - maniacally changing head- and taillights on yer favorite custom models. :-)

RuubW
08-09-2009, 03:53 PM
@ The Nordschleifer: As I've tried to point it out somewhere above, that's a very superficial perspective. And if dav_POLAND manages to introduce thorough support for add-ons in UG2, most of you naysayers will be like 'fantastic game!' some two years on from now - maniacally changing head- and taillights on yer favorite custom models. :-)

The Need for Rice in that game sucked, the endless driving to races (and searching for ones not on the map) sucked and sometimes the large amount of races (URL racing tournaments always bugged me) sucked. But it's a pretty good game, have played through it about 10 times I think.. (In 4 or 5 years ;))

ElvenAvenger
08-19-2009, 08:18 AM
in my opinion its Undercover who gets the "point"
... seriously... even CRYSIS and GTA 4 run BETTER on my PC than undercover. i tried installing the patch. fail. i tried installing second patch. still fail. my mate who has warez version plays just fine with no lag. does the fact that actually some "warez guys" fix games better than EA make for enough explanation?
also, i could still survive the "tiers" in Carbon, but after Undercover i just lost hope...CAR TIERS ARE STUPID.
they should allow US decide if i can compete with a lambo using my tuned Nissan Skyline. and not like: lambo is in higher tier which means that your nissan skyline is worthless piece of shit and no matter the drivers lambo still will win even if he will crash 10 times per 5 seconds.... though if World Online will have Tier system ill forgive it as long as it wil be truly free.

Zyckwad
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Deffintly. :\

speedracer523
08-25-2009, 05:24 AM
nfs porsche unleashed cause only porsches in the game

Double Mac
08-25-2009, 06:43 AM

I hate that point of view. I'm not too crazy about Porsches myself but I couldn't possibly ignore the game's excellent physics (indisputably the best in an NFS game so far unless Shift is going to change that) complete with a comprehensive damage system, the advanced performance customization, the two attractive & unpretentious career modes and the state-of-the-art graphics (for its era). I'd be tempted to assume that many arcade racing fans got over the single brand limitation and enjoyed the game for what it was - a genuine classic among the NFS titles.

Mach_5
08-25-2009, 06:45 AM

You have no taste.

Sir Tristan
08-25-2009, 07:47 AM
No NFS was ever really bad. All at the very least, 6/10 in my book.

BUT, at being a NFS, not a racing game, UG2 sucked the hardest. Hyper-riced opponents, star system, unrealistic streetracer community.

I actually think UG1 was more of a Classic NFS than MW.

Mach_5
08-25-2009, 07:52 AM
No NFS was ever really bad. All at the very least, 6/10 in my book.

BUT, at being a NFS, not a racing game, UG2 sucked the hardest. Hyper-riced opponents, star system, unrealistic streetracer community.

UG2.....That game seemed somewhat odd. At least it had replays

SLZ Roadstar
08-25-2009, 08:17 AM
I never saw any replay of my races in UG2 yet.

Then download addons & enjoy it. ;)

Why do you think so?

RuubW
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Why do you think so?

It brought something that was fresh at that time to the gaming world.

I'm voting UG1 as worst. Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful and refreshing game at the time, but it was just too hard. Other games just brought more when it comes to story and possibilities.
The current #1 is Pro Street. Sure, there's no free roam and no cops, and the handling is annoying. But I think the handling is more realistic. There's a lot of cars and a lot of possibilities when it comes to tuning (except limited choice of bumpers). Even though it has a lot of downsides, I still enjoy playing it.
Most Wanted is second best in my book. Good free roam, brought new and exclusive cars, and the police chases were for a reason. Downsides of this game are the level of difficulty as you make progress in the game, and the riced opponents.

My #1 is still NFS2SE. This game has brought me so much fun and joy. I remember picking the fastest car, typing the cheat to make you go faster, turn on traffic and just rip it. Or drive a fast school bus or truck, and smashing all kinds of traffic off the road.
If I played it again now, I'd probably enjoy myself less than I would with modern NFS games, but no NFS will ever be able to beat the good times I've had with this.

Double Mac
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
I never saw any replay of my races in UG2 yet.

??? You mean, you're not aware of this feature being present? It's only available directly after a race, meaning you can't store & recall a replay (old-school-style) - there are, however, several camera views (including a 'cinematic' mix) available, which is more than the PC version of HP2 had to offer.

Then download addons & enjoy it. ;)

It's not a fully satisfactory solution as you can't use add-ons as random opponents unless you replace the original cars with them which may often result in choppy framerate as the game's engine won't be able to cope with some of the more detailed models.

SLZ Roadstar
08-25-2009, 08:38 AM
??? You mean, you're not aware of this feature being present? It's only available directly after a race, meaning you can't store & recall a replay (old-school-style) - there are, however, several camera views (including a 'cinematic' mix) available, which is more than the PC version of HP2 had to offer.
I knew about it. But never saw any. :|

[QUOTE=Double Mac;492080]
It's not a fully satisfactory solution as you can't use add-ons as random opponents unless you replace the original cars with them which may often result in choppy framerate as the game's engine won't be able to cope with some of the more detailed models.
If they are replaced on existing model, will they have same performance of the model or new performance which the author made?

Double Mac
08-25-2009, 08:54 AM
If they are replaced on existing model, will they have same performance of the model or new performance which the author made?

Is the performance data contained in the *.sim files? (I just can't remember.) If yes, I do recall replacing those without any apparent problems, so I'd assume that's what the opponents were using. I used the TourEdit tool in order to set up my opponents for some career events but - as I've mentioned - the framerate got pretty diabolical with some of the hi-poly models.

NFSeby
08-25-2009, 08:59 AM
what nfs i like
nfs porsche 2000
nfs hot pursuit
nfs underground 1
nfs underground 2
nfs most wanted

the rest of nfs are totaly uugly like prostreet

MostEdwardo1
08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
bads of NFS for me
NFS befpr ug=
graphics are bad, low detail old game engine,
NFS UG1
too hard opponents, less ricing but still low detail,
NFUg2 complete disaster, grahic, rcicing, but replaey,
MW too arcade and not enught cars, but very nice agmeplay better free roam and performance.
NFSC lots of glitches, some ricing, but muscles and more cars(good)
PS
weird concept, no stuff from MW/C but lost of cars, damage more details but the tuning stuff so complicated
NFSUC
as far as i know it too glitchy

Mach_5
08-25-2009, 09:04 AM
bads of NFS for me
NFS befpr ug=
graphics are bad, low detail old game engine,
NFS UG1
NFUg2 complete disaster, grahic, rcicing, but replaey,
MW too arcade and not enught cars, but very nice agmeplay better free roam and performance.
NFSC lots of glitches, some ricing, but muscles and more cars(good)
PS
weird concept, no stuff from MW/C but lost of cars, damage more details but the tuning stuff so complicated
NFSUC
as far as i know it too glitchy

Can you type normally?

Double Mac
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
He's probably learning to type with his elbow. :-)

Alexsfr
08-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I can't understand why a lot of people think that Prostreet is the worst game of NFS series.

MostEdwardo1
08-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I can't understand why a lot of people think that Prostreet is the worst game of NFS series.
like why hate carbon
its more cars, big twon etc...
He's probably learning to type with his elbow. :-)
i was typing fast, since i dont know why.

Alexsfr
08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
like why hate carbon
its more cars, big twon etc...
Carbon is a good game, but is a ugly copy of Most Wanted.

RuubW
08-25-2009, 10:06 AM
NFS UG1

The graphics were very good back then. You have a point about the ricing, the cars were hand tuned by the developers.
In Pro Street the opponents' cars are hand tuned aswell, +1 for Pro Street y'all have to admit that.

Carbon is a good game, but is a ugly copy of Most Wanted.

Agree: ugly copy, but still a descent game.

MostEdwardo1
08-25-2009, 11:16 AM
i liked carbons non riceing tho
like i did see less rice, not much spoilers, NO ROOFSCOOPS yay

3ni_2nr
08-25-2009, 12:00 PM

its didn't posess the 'feeling' of an NFS game. its was more like "Grand Tourismo 3.1: Urban".

Sir Tristan
08-25-2009, 12:06 PM
The graphics were very good back then. You have a point about the ricing, the cars were hand tuned by the developers.
In Pro Street the opponents' cars are hand tuned aswell,

Undercover too, my friend. I too value hand-tuning of opponents, this gives a proper racing atmosphere, "I've seen this guy before. He's hard", yano what I'm sayin'? :D

And in MW, the random vehicles are in my opinion the nail in NFSMW classic roots' coffin - they destroy the whole racing gameplay! Plus weird unbalanced races (vide stock Punto vs hyper riced SLR/Carrera GT) and stooopid catch-up thing.

MostEdwardo1
08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Undercover too, my friend. I too value hand-tuning of opponents, this gives a proper racing atmosphere, "I've seen this guy before. He's hard", yano what I'm sayin'? :D

And in MW, the random vehicles are in my opinion the nail in NFSMW classic roots' coffin - they destroy the whole racing gameplay! Plus weird unbalanced races (vide stock Punto vs hyper riced SLR/Carrera GT) and stooopid catch-up thing.
exactly that game is too arcade.
like i said nfs Carbon has less of that, and no gti beating carreras

Sir Tristan
08-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Carbon actually had lots of that.
Loads of under- and overrated cars. GTI's beating DB9s, DB9s not even able to face a 350Z.
A CLK500 can't beat an Eclipse.
Weird driving model to suit the abstract classes divisions.
I liked Carbon overall, but the above are a serious downside. Also the lack of rural areas on the track.

In Undercover tho, it was pretty balanced except some HORRID mistakes - but that's just a few. They learn from mistakes, also there were rural parts of track - look up thread "I played UC and I liked it" and "The best NFS game" or something. Then you see why I say all this.

Dark Stealth_Hunter
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Carbon actually had lots of that.
Loads of under- and overrated cars. GTI's beating DB9s, DB9s not even able to face a 350Z.
A CLK500 can't beat an Eclipse.
Weird driving model to suit the abstract classes divisions.
I liked Carbon overall, but the above are a serious downside. Also the lack of rural areas on the track.

In Undercover tho, it was pretty balanced except some HORRID mistakes - but that's just a few. They learn from mistakes, also there were rural parts of track - look up thread "I played UC and I liked it" and "The best NFS game" or something. Then you see why I say all this.

Well put sir.

Supa_Freak9
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I highly disliked Undercover although i have to play on PS2 bc i cant afford a PS3 Right now due to family stuff

Pain54
12-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Pro Street was a failure because they tried to make it into a legal racing game like theyre grand truismo, forza or something and horrible handling

Pain54
12-27-2012, 12:07 AM
my favorites best to worst

Need For Speed Most Wanted
Need For Speed Underground 2
Need For Speed CArbon
Need for speed Undercover
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 1
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Need For Speed Underground- No Exotic cars Limited Nitro-_-:( No Free Roam or Police
Need For Speed Prostreet
Need For Speed High Stakes-Game moved slowly