View Full Version : "The Peugeot" 1987 Peugeot 505 Turbo

Beowulf
01-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I figured what the hell. As most of you older guys here know I've had this since before I joined this site, and have been talking about getting it on the road. I'm utterly convinced I am the only North American owner of a Peugeot on this board (And Sander and I had a few discussions in the past). Surprise surprise I've done nothing with it still, in fact it's been sitting in my dad's garage for like six years, in exactly the same place it's shown in these pictures. I'll probably go down March and get a few more, or this spring when I finally *Fingers crossed* get it fixed.

If you don't believe I own it, too bad. Most of the staff here (All I think) should be old enough to have seen the original photo I posted about it scanned in back in 2004 or 2005, and it looks the same. And if I come around here more often (More then once a year) then later this year when she gets work done to her I'll post progress pictures.

God I want this car on the road, 7 years is too long to wait.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Thanksgiving228.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Thanksgiving227.jpg

Bl0cks
01-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Looks like an awesome project. I know what its like to see a car sit for over 5 years. Best of luck.

Killua
01-17-2009, 05:44 PM
You can't be a World Dictator if you don't drive your 505 from hell. Get it fixed soon, Beowulf.

Rally Master
01-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Definitely feel like I've seen this mofo before. Welcome back to the joint, Beowulf.

Beowulf
01-17-2009, 06:34 PM
I need to get it back to working (And more specificly, factory spec for the engine) condition before I start playing the mod game, but I'm already thinking ahead.

Ultimatly she's, hopefully, going to end up in a street-b form. Keep the RWD, swap for a 5-speed manual instead of the current 4-speed auto. I'm shooting for 300hp at the rear wheels, which is entirely doable from this block without too much cost (stock is 180). And I'm going to make for as flat a power and torque curve as possible, so I can laugh as it outperforms cars with higher peak power outputs. But performance isn't a huge issue, as long as it's enjoyable. She'll stay 4-door sedan with RWD, and will retain the comfy seats and amenities. Some will be removed (Likely both sunroof and AC are going to go), some may be updated (stereo), and who knows. Likely wider wheels on both front and rear, and I have the beginnings of a custom body kit for it in my mind. Nothing Quattro S1 outlandish, more factory looking. In the end, hopefully a few years and not too many dollars down the road, she'll be a sporty fun drive and return to her old BMW-killer status.

But first, make it road-legal again.

Zpectre
01-17-2009, 09:54 PM
I used to see lots of these cars on the street when I was a kid, driven by Argentinian tourists.

KF72
01-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Looks like an awesome project. I know what its like to see a car sit for over 5 years. Best of luck.

I've seen my Dad's old Mazda B-2500 and his Ford Probe GT just getting battered by the weather.

Meastro444
01-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Very very interesting!

I'll be following this one!

RedTwentyFour
01-18-2009, 08:17 AM
woah thats cool, and apparently beo-f-in-wulf is back to the game! ;)

GTR
01-18-2009, 08:23 AM
My mom's uncle had a 504 for 30 years. I think he still has it.

I <3 Peugeots.

Mr.Ramos
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd roll that.

I <3 Peugeots.

+1

Killua
01-18-2009, 01:11 PM
When was the last time the engine was running? The same time it's been sitting there?

COOLfiat
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I used to see lots of these cars on the street when I was a kid, driven by Argentinian tourists.

I'm Argentinian and that car in my country is like a Lincoln Town Car, without the V8, what i mean is it's a HELLUVA CAR!!!

TriniGT
02-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Have not seen one of these in a long time. Subscribed.

Sander
02-17-2009, 01:45 PM
It's about time you get this project going!

Good luck with it! There aren't that many around anymore, I'm guessing in the US it's even more rare than over here.

I'll definately keep an eye on this project :)

Zpectre
02-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm Argentinian and that car in my country is like a Lincoln Town Car, without the V8, what i mean is it's a HELLUVA CAR!!!

They're classic. :) Them and the 504, and the newer 405. And the Renault 19. And the VW Senda/Gacel, Carat... And how could I forget, the Ford Sierra! :D

It's a shame we never had the Sierra. In Brazil Ford decided to reengineer an old model called the Corcel II and named it the Del Rey. Not a bad car but a bit out of tune with the Ford lineup in other countries. After the Del Rey Ford would never have a proper flagship model in Brazil again... The last one was the Versailles/Galaxy which was a rebadged 2nd-generation VW Santana, which in turn was a restyled variant of the old Mk2 Passat.

COOLfiat
02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
yo gothat right

COOLfiat
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM
you know we didn't have turbos in 505s that I know of...
IN OTHER NEWS:My Grandfather will give me his 505 Saloon European-Spec, OliveDrab color.

Killua
02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
As far as I know, the 505s made in South America have some important differences compared to their French-made brothers.

COOLfiat
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM
how is that?

Beowulf
10-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Sad news...

The bank has recently repossessed (And posted a no trespassing sign) on my Dad's house and property. This car, unfortunately, is in the garage on his property.

Right now I'm trying to get in contact with the bank, although I am starting to accept I may never see this car again. If I have to (And am considering it), I will go to a lawyer and see what my options are. As, legally, that car is my property and not my father's, the bank has zero right to do anything to or with it without my consent, and are, as I remember from the last house my father lost, required to notify me and allow me to remove it. As I have nowhere else to put it, and can not afford the $250 a month to store it indefinitely, it will most likely end up junked. Which, suffice it to say, makes me very sad.

Sander
10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
That would definately be a shame if this one ends up junked :( If it was in Europe, I'd buy it from you just to save it... I like the 505 design, it's sort of a forgotten classic if you ask me...

Beowulf
10-07-2009, 04:03 PM
If you want it, and I can get it off the bloody property, it's yours for almost nothing.

It's getting it off the property right now that's the issue.

Mr. Sting Ray
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Couldn't you just go to the bank with the title? Hence, proving it's your vehicle. I'm not completely sure in these sort of matters.

Beowulf
10-08-2009, 07:25 AM
They're, so nfar, not actually willing to talk to me because I don't own the land. I dunno, it's a good 350km away and I don't have a whole lot of time to, you know, go down there and talk to them in person.

Mr. Sting Ray
10-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, an attorney would be the best bet.

Sander
10-12-2009, 01:16 AM
If you want it, and I can get it off the bloody property, it's yours for almost nothing.

It's getting it off the property right now that's the issue.

If you would get it off the property, it would be too expensive to ship it over here unfortunately. Even though it's becoming a rare car, the shipping costs are still not worth it I'm afraid :(