View Full Version : Testing Begins in March

Linkin
02-23-2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/nfs-world-online-testing-begins-in-march

Electronic Arts has announced that its Asia division will launch the first phase of testing for Need for Speed World Online this March.

Created by EA Black Box and announced last month, the title will be a free-to-play PC only game, where players can collect and customise characters and cars as well as compete for positions on online leaderboards.

"Need for Speed is one of the world's best-selling franchises, and is especially popular among gamers in Taiwan and Hong Kong," said Jon Niermann, president of EA Asia.

"We're thrilled to bring this EA-owned property to Asia and to begin our self publishing model in Taiwan and Hong Kong. We look forward to the results of this testing phase for continued improvement in providing the best service to online gamers across Asia."

EA already publishes free-to-play FIFA Online in Asia, and is currently developing Battlefield: Heroes, another free title, for a worldwide release.

Bl0cks
02-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Oh it is free to play. I guess this will compete with Trackmania Nations Forever.

Killua
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Created by EA Black Box and announced last month, the title will be a free-to-play PC only game, where players can collect and customise characters and cars as well as compete for positions on online leaderboards.

I wonder if EA will put that feature in Shift.

06FERRARIENZO
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
doubt it.:(

AgentRoo
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Oh it is free to play. I guess this will compete with Trackmania Nations Forever.

Knowing NFS games of late, I'd expect it to compete more with Project Torque (which also started in Asia and spread).

LeviMan_2001
03-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Can I tell them im asain and test it? lol I'm in alaska, and back in the days of the bearing land bridge it was connected to russia.

GTR
03-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Can I tell them im asain and test it? lol I'm in alaska, and back in the days of the bearing land bridge it was connected to russia.

Oh yeah? I lived in Asia for 12 years. Beat that.

Apocalypse
03-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Will it come to all Asian countries or just Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and those others..?

LeviMan_2001
03-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Im thinking it will come to the internet lol. But yeah i hope its in english lol.

Sinister
03-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah? I lived in Asia for 12 years. Beat that.

A proxy to make the game think you're in the middle of Asia.

Nikusakken
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Will it come to all Asian countries or just Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and those others..?

Judging by World Online's official site being written completely in Chinese. Probably yes, only for the Far East countries.

FOX
03-02-2009, 09:17 AM
I really don't like EA's idea: it fails in Asia so we won't release it in EU, US and other countries. I think that's a failsafe solution so EA won't lose money for releasing it worldwide and not having any or having barely any income from global sales.

LeviMan_2001
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know the date testing starts?

evanspec
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I heard that World Online will be playable in Winter this year for americans, but the Japanese will get to play it in the summer.

MostEdwardo1
05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
when exactly is the release in europe or africa

Speed3rweb
05-19-2009, 04:38 AM
we need more screenshots for worldonline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElvenAvenger
09-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Electronic Arts has announced that its Asia division will launch the first phase of testing for Need for Speed World Online this March.

"Need for Speed is one of the world's best-selling franchises, and is especially popular among gamers in Taiwan and Hong Kong," said Jon Niermann, president of EA Asia.

"We're thrilled to bring this EA-owned property to Asia and to begin our self publishing model in Taiwan and Hong Kong. We look forward to the results of this testing phase for continued improvement in providing the best service to online gamers across Asia."

EA already publishes free-to-play FIFA Online in Asia, and is currently developing Battlefield: Heroes, another free title, for a worldwide release.

I wonder if we could could collect the characters and customise cars...err... "Players can collect and customise characters, and cars...lol it looks like its sims 2 + nfs carbon 0o i hope i won't have to deal with 12 year old little girls and race with them >.< "WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME WIN" xD

F.R.
09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I hope it would reach in RP too