View Full Version : 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

GTR
04-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Ladies and gentlemen. I present you my long awaited 4th generation Camaro.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4844-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4844-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4831-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4831-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4835-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4835-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4837-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4837-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4824-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4824-small2.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4843-thumb.jpg
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4843-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4842-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4842-small.jpg)

fM6hAtunpYc
yiP6h1W8OwE
OyVTGnktAR4

Old Pictures:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN0887.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN0890.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN0891.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN0893.jpg

Year: 1994
Mileage: 98,000 miles
Engine: 5.7 liter V8 LT1
Horsepower: around 280hp est.
Toque: 330 ft.lbs ets.
Transmission: A4
0-60 (according to official data) : 5.5 seconds.
Top speed: 150mph.

Mods include:

C5 Z06 Rims
K&N Intake
Flowmasters
Cutout
Sony Deck
Drilled and slotted rotors
High gear ratios
Lowered
Eibach springs
Smoked tail lights

Problems:

Will need new differential. Will cost $650.
Will need new water pump. Cost about $600.
Has oil leaks. This will be fixed next week, as it is rather urgent.
Needs steering alignment.

Reptillian
04-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Amir, these photograph do look darn good. You have used the angle and the direction as well as lighting setting is what makes the photograph professional work. The car itself is dang fine and the 0-60 is pretty fast. I'm totally watching the thread and perhap I could try to make an attempt to model it at some point.

Killua
04-11-2009, 07:36 PM
It seems that putting Corvette rims on Camaros are a popular thing now. :)

Sweet ride there, don't drive it too hard until you get those problems fixed. Take care of her.

Have you thought on a nickname?

FOX
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I demand paper saying 'SUP NFSCARS' with a timestamp.

Vanexroxics
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
epic.

never ever change the paint, alright? it looks zexy.

EVO9MR
04-11-2009, 09:34 PM
that is cheap and awesome find!
who was the driver like and old guy or like a chick?

GT5
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Okay, how much did this thing cost? Seriously....It looks too damn good.

DodgeBoy
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Proof of ownership? It's right in the rules. Why did you even post it here if you can't follow the rules?

OptikNERV
04-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Proof of ownership? It's right in the rules. Why did you even post it here if you can't follow the rules?

Will you STFU already? I didn't know all the mods died and made you king of NFSCars. GTFO with this ****ing nonsense already, I'm pretty sure the mods can handle the rule enforcing. In the meantime, either GTFO or comment on his car. ****, you do this in every car thread.

GTR, nice ride bro. I'm glad you got this instead of the Benzes. Congrats, now start fixing it up.

Just a question though, why does it only have one exhaust pipe? Am I missing something here?

GTR
04-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the kind comments. I won't be naming this one for now. And the previous owner was a Filipino-descendant kid, maybe 5 years or so older than myself.

Why does it only have one exhaust pipe? Am I missing something here?

For sure man, I'll get it fixed up asap. The one on the right was cut off in favor of the cut out. It can be manually opened and make it sound really loud. But I rather not do that, as it is already loud enough.

I made this for you.
_6w708VGCik

TheCarTester
04-12-2009, 09:00 AM
awsome car you got there:)
u gotta make a new video later so i can hear the monster:P

DodgeBoy
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Will you STFU already? I didn't know all the mods died and made you king of NFSCars. GTFO with this ****ing nonsense already, I'm pretty sure the mods can handle the rule enforcing. In the meantime, either GTFO or comment on his car. ****, you do this in every car thread.

You have some kinda problem with me, *******? Stop following me around in every thread and posting your trolling BS. Perhaps when you've been here for more than 2 months, you can start running your mouth.

XenTek
04-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Damn dude this is one sick ride! :D Those Corvette rims really do something good for its image. :)

Mr. Sting Ray
04-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Bout time Amir. Sick *** ride man. Liking how your Z06 rims are black. One thing though dude, get some lug locks. People love to steal that type of rims.

OptikNERV
04-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Perhaps when you've been here for more than 2 months, you can start running your mouth.

I ****ing lol'ed.

@Pooya: Engine and generally MOAR shots or GTFO.

Sucks about the exhausts though. Maybe in your time of owning, you will strap some shiny dualies.

And damn the water pump for this car is expensive.

Zpectre
04-12-2009, 12:01 PM
This car is a :thumbsup:!

hondaman
04-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Awesome ride man. Looks really good. ;)

GTR
04-12-2009, 11:20 PM
If you're thinking this is cool, think again.

Today I traveled almost 20 miles and by the time I was back home, the car had consumed more than one quarter of the gas tank.

Looking at it very optimistically, it has done an incredible FIVE miles to the gallon.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

nextgentechnologies
04-13-2009, 12:54 AM
awesome rims bro
the car's pretty good too

MuscleCarFreak
04-13-2009, 01:32 AM
If you're thinking this is cool, think again.

Today I traveled almost 20 miles and by the time I was back home, the car had consumed more than one quarter of the gas tank.

Looking at it very optimistically, it has done an incredible FIVE miles to the gallon.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Somethings got to be wrong with that car to only get 5 miles dude... Get it looked at and fix the damn thing. You should be getting at least 15 mpg.

Problems:

Will need new differential. Will cost $650.
Will need new water pump. Cost about $600.
Has oil leaks. This will be fixed next week, as it is rather urgent.
After reading this, I would say that if your having Diff problems, that may be one or only problem with the milage, but Somethings telling me its more.

Killua
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Maybe it needs a good tune up?

EVO9MR
04-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Maybe it needs a good tune up? i agree but there is something definatley wrong:o

GTR
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I think that was a mistake. Sure its no gas sipper but it isn't that bad. Today I ran outta gas and got it towed to my friend's mechanic shop, then we filled it up with about 9 gallons of gas. After the 9 gallons the tank showed full. Which means that yesterday I had gone 20 miles with about 2 gallons of gas. That's an incredible 10 miles to the gallon.

When I took it to my friend's mechanic shop they gave me a lotta shit about why I bought an American car and why I bought a car with so many problems bla bla bla...I think I phailed this time and I may need to fix it up a little and sell it right away.

MuscleCarFreak
04-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I think that was a mistake. Sure its no gas sipper but it isn't that bad. Today I ran outta gas and got it towed to my friend's mechanic shop, then we filled it up with about 9 gallons of gas. After the 9 gallons the tank showed full. Which means that yesterday I had gone 20 miles with about 2 gallons of gas. That's an incredible 10 miles to the gallon.

When I took it to my friend's mechanic shop they gave me a lotta shit about why I bought an American car and why I bought a car with so many problems bla bla bla...I think I phailed this time and I may need to fix it up a little and sell it right away.

Where you messed up was buying someone elses problems. Whatever the guy you bought it from is laughing all the way to the bank.

If your going to fix your Camaro anyways, just keep it.... Better yet. Make the other guy pay for it if you can.
Besides, thats what you wanted. Dont do what your friends want you to do. It's not their car.

GTR
04-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Where you messed up was buying someone elses problems. Whatever the guy you bought it from is laughing all the way to the bank.

If your going to fix your Camaro anyways, just keep it.... Better yet. Make the other guy pay for it if you can.
Besides, thats what you wanted. Dont do what your friends want you to do. It's not their car.

Actually he took a ton of loss on the car. He had spent 1900 dollars on a new tranny alone. He had the receipt too. Poor guy had gotten ripped off himself, he didn't even need a new tranny. And let alone all the mods he did himself.

He was hoping to sell it for 5500. He lowered it to 4500 when I told him I have 4k. Then I said I have 4000 and that's all I have. He removed two 80 dollar pioneer subs and said "ok I guess I can give it to you for 4000 but only if you buy it today.." I didn't buy it that day, and took it for the inspection. We found out about the problems. He lowered to 3700.

Despite those problems the mechanic who is a close friend of ours advised me that these are "common on these cars" and are only "regular maintenance" that would be needed on any car and it's a good deal. "It's a good car, it just needs some TLC. If you like it, go for its, it's a good deal." This guy barely charges me anything for labor. He's the same guy who repaired my Impala for 650 when everyone else was asking for 1200 to 2000.

I still wasn't very interested until the owner lowered to 3500 himself. He seemed to be in a hurry, apparently he really needed the money. And he was complaining that he needs to find another 500 to pay for...whatever he was trying to pay for.

So I bought it from him. I hadn't slept the night before it, and I was extremely tired. I barely knew wtf I was doing.

My friends are amazed at how immaculate it looks though. If only it wasn't because of those looks...

MuscleCarFreak
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Actually he took a ton of loss on the car. He had spent 1900 dollars on a new tranny alone. He had the receipt too. Poor guy had gotten ripped off himself, he didn't even need a new tranny. And let alone all the mods he did himself.

He was hoping to sell it for 5500. He lowered it to 4500 when I told him I have 4k. Then I said I have 4000 and that's all I have. He removed two 80 dollar pioneer subs and said "ok I guess I can give it to you for 4000 but only if you buy it today.." I didn't buy it that day, and took it for the inspection. We found out about the problems. He lowered to 3700.

Despite those problems the mechanic who is a close friend of ours advised me that these are "common on these cars" and are only "regular maintenance" that would be needed on any car and it's a good deal. "It's a good car, it just needs some TLC. If you like it, go for its, it's a good deal." This guy barely charges me anything for labor. He's the same guy who repaired my Impala for 650 when everyone else was asking for 1200 to 2000.

I still wasn't very interested until the owner lowered to 3500 himself. He seemed to be in a hurry, apparently he really needed the money. And he was complaining that he needs to find another 500 to pay for...whatever he was trying to pay for.

So I bought it from him. I hadn't slept the night before it, and I was extremely tired. I barely knew wtf I was doing.

My friends are amazed at how immaculate it looks though. If only it wasn't because of those looks...
Still makes me kinda wonder why he was in such a rush to get rid of it, but hey.

My best bud had a problem like yours when he bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherrokee Limited for 9 grand. But the only problems he had/has was faulty climate control system and needs the complete rear diff replaced. Other than that he was getting a 50,000 mile Jeep that looked like it only had 10 miles.

Anyways, like I said. Just fix whatever needs fixed, and drive her. You'll later see that your money put into fixing it will be worth it, after you've really got to play around with the car.

nextgentechnologies
04-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Awesome deal bro.

Meastro444
04-14-2009, 04:03 AM
When fixed up it will be an awesome ride :)

Mr. Sting Ray
04-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Damn bro, I only paid 2 grand for mine. So far, all it's needed was a new battery and wiper blades. I hope you didn't get into a money pit.

nextgentechnologies
04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
You have some kinda problem with me, *******? Stop following me around in every thread and posting your trolling BS. Perhaps when you've been here for more than 2 months, you can start running your mouth.

dude PJ has been here for years...

theo
04-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Everyone that just says "eh pay to get it fixed, pay to get it fixed"-I'd like your address because living next to a money tree must be AWESOME.

-theo

MuscleCarFreak
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Everyone that just says "eh pay to get it fixed, pay to get it fixed"-I'd like your address because living next to a money tree must be AWESOME.

-theo
Considering that he's already said that he was going to fix it and possibly sale it is reason enough to say to keep it after it's fixed.
It's obvious, you haven't read in the Offtopic section about me thinking of going to college... You'll see, I'm not made of money.

OptikNERV
04-14-2009, 10:21 PM
dude PJ has been here for years...

He has indeed. Who came up with "PJ" though? Too gangsta...

-theo

I'm gonna have to agree with this guy right here. GTR, you gotta decide if this is gonna be worth it. Although it doesn't look that bad.

theo
04-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Considering that he's already said that he was going to fix it and possibly sale it is reason enough to say to keep it after it's fixed.
It's obvious, you haven't read in the Offtopic section about me thinking of going to college... You'll see, I'm not made of money.

After reading this, I would say that if your having Diff problems, that may be one or only problem with the milage, but Somethings telling me its more.

Ah, cmon MCF, you said it yourself right here man!
If it's something more, me and you both know it'll cost more to repair, hence my statement.
Keep it if you got the money to get it where you want it, but if that's any question, there's no reason to throw money at it if you don't have the investment. Now, I would imagine he's going to sell it if it costs him any more than it has to, which I see as a legitimate reason to sell. Otherwise, yeah man, keep 'er.

-theo

MuscleCarFreak
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Ah, cmon MCF, you said it yourself right here man!
If it's something more, me and you both know it'll cost more to repair, hence my statement.
Keep it if you got the money to get it where you want it, but if that's any question, there's no reason to throw money at it if you don't have the investment. Now, I would imagine he's going to sell it if it costs him any more than it has to, which I see as a legitimate reason to sell. Otherwise, yeah man, keep 'er.

-theo
Sure, I'm not gonig to argue with you there.
I just assumed that he was still going to fix what needs fixed, and either keep it or sale it. Just trying to talk him into keeping it ONLY if he plans on fixing it anyways.

Personally, I would have told the guy he bought it from that the deal was off, if there is more wrong than the guy told him. Other than that, GTR knew what he bought before hand. He made the bed, now its time to sleep in it, however, It's up to him how he plans to sleep.

Rally Master
04-15-2009, 12:59 AM
I was originally going to come in here and post "This is going to be a money pit." Guess I don't have to do that now. :P Good luck, GTRmenz.

GTR
04-15-2009, 06:24 AM
I plan to sold it.

seriously though, I plan to sold it.

No no, seriously, I plan to sold it.

Azrael
04-21-2009, 06:36 AM
ill give you 500 bucks for it
optispark takes a whooping hour to replace the opti in my wagon crapped out last week and they can be found on ebay for 89 bucks complete opti there non stickered Accel optis
waterpump is 60 bucks at autozone
diff i have one sitting in the garage right now
i love it when people make small minor issues out to be some huge problem cause i get a car cheap and repair it
seriously learn how to work on a car so you can see how much "repair shops" rip you off

my lt-1 wagon gets about 16 mpg if im not beating on it on the streets on the freeway more like 29
but when racing i get about 5 miles per gallon but im also pulling 1000lbs more weight then your camaro

GTR
04-21-2009, 08:48 AM
500 bucks huh? I can sell the rims alone for more than that. Yeah, I actually got that offer, didn't take it. You don't live in California man.

I'm getting about 20 in town. Almost too good to believe. Someone told me it might be a bad gasket, idk. But again, I can't even step on it, the diff wouldn't take it. Just got owned by some chick last night in an Audi...soon as I put my foot down TA TA TA TA...and she was laughing her *** off.

The guy who checked it for me is the cheapest guy in town. At least for me. When I tell even my best friend's brother, who owns a mechanic shop, the quotes my own mechanic gives me, he goes "whaaa?? impossible!! you know what, take it there, cause that's gonna cost you twice.... go ask." So far he fixed my Impala for 650 while everyone else wanted twice or triple that. I even called this ghetto *** Vietnamese guy who's got a shop out of the town, and even he wanted 1400 bucks for it. He didn't do a shabby job either, I drove that Impala like I had stolen it for another 6 months with no maintenance at all. No problem whatsoever.

I still have the car for sale. Haven't gotten any serious offers yet, mostly just low balls. Who knows, I might actually end up keeping it. Cause I'm not gonna sell it for less than I bought it. Why would I? Just because some dumbass mexican thug is telling me to? Hell no.

Zpectre
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm getting about 20 in town. Almost too good to believe. Someone told me it might be a bad gasket, idk. But again, I can't even step on it, the diff wouldn't take it. Just got owned by some chick last night in an Audi...soon as I put my foot down TA TA TA TA...and she was laughing her *** off.

This reminds me of those Pinks cars which they put together in 2 days and go racing with... The cars fall apart during the show.

Robbie Hanson
04-21-2009, 11:41 PM
10 mpg eh? I get 8, you lucky bastard :P

Cars are cheap; repairs are expensive. I've learned that the hard way. Thankfully I didn't buy a car with everything pre-screwed up...

Good luck!

Kracka
04-22-2009, 04:10 AM
Buy a set of 3.73 gears, and have a performance shop assemble everything, might cost you like 350 bucks for them to throw the gears in there.

GTR
04-22-2009, 04:51 AM
I really need some opinions of whether I have to keep it or not. I mean, I love the car. So much that when I'm in class, I look forward to driving it when I get out. It gets complements left and right. Afterall, it is the Camaro I always wanted; a pre-facelift 4th gen Z28.

But the reality of it is that if I'm getting ****ed with the repairs and shit, **** that, I rather sell it and just buy another one.

Here's what the mechanic told me: these things are common on these cars. Anything that I buy, will need these repairs at some point. Sooner or later. Why not buy this one and stick with it for a while, since it's a good deal.

It's still up for sale, and I haven't got any good offers on it yet. So what do I do.

Indigo
04-22-2009, 05:22 AM
I'm no expert, but given that, just keep the car. She's just fine anyway :D

and this from a Mustang fan o_o

Nfspeed26
04-30-2009, 04:24 AM
WOW, That is a nice looking 4th gen Camaro you got there!, Similar to the one I got taken for a drive in except the one I went in was black with red pin stripes the guy took me up to about 240KMH and they handle corners really well for a muscle car you'll be loving that car around the mountains!. Don't sell the car there too much fun ;)

TriniGT
05-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Hey man, looks like you picked up a nice Z28. Body looks good. Impact Gun + a couple sets of sockets + FSM + Friend* (who, hopefully, knows a little bit about the car you're working on) = Big savings on repairs**.

*Friend might need a couple of beers and pizza if the job is looking like a day's work
** Might need other tools, depending on the job, ranging from dollies, to jack stands, clamps, etc.

If the body is mint, why not park it, work on it, and just roll in a cheap beater in the mean time? Possible to buy a beater? The Camaro's body looks mint.

GTR
05-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey man, looks like you picked up a nice Z28. Body looks good. Impact Gun + a couple sets of sockets + FSM + Friend* (who, hopefully, knows a little bit about the car you're working on) = Big savings on repairs**.

*Friend might need a couple of beers and pizza if the job is looking like a day's work
** Might need other tools, depending on the job, ranging from dollies, to jack stands, clamps, etc.

If the body is mint, why not park it, work on it, and just roll in a cheap beater in the mean time? Possible to buy a beater? The Camaro's body looks mint.

From the list I only understood the two you explained. :P

The plan was to sell the Impala and buy a quicker, less comfy, more gas consuming, older beater. Well, this is it.

TriniGT
05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
And it looks good, and will probably damage some egos when she is fully restored. So right now, you only have one car to run with?

GTR
05-03-2009, 06:33 PM
yeah i guess. I mean I can borrow my mom's 4 banger if I really have to haha

I'd also like to add that to all those whom I said I feel ripped off buying this car. I took the "condition test" on KBB. It made me realize how many things are fine with this car that I didn't seem to notice. It places the car in fair condition, but considering all the modifications on the car and the extras, I think I actually got a fairly good deal. Sure, like anything else, it need repairs to get into good condition. But I don't think that makes it a rip off.

Currently the only thing that really needs attention is the bearings on the rear diff. The leaks aren't too bad (after 3 weeks the oil pressure is still fine) and the water pump still has a long way to go before it goes out. I just got my paycheck from work and uncle sam gave me some change. This mofo will be smoking everything on this forum very soon.

TriniGT
05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
This mofo will be smoking everything on this forum very soon.

owut. Dem be fighting words :P

Hey, if worse comes to worse, and it becomes a trick to burrow your mom's car... Could just buy a neon or some POFS for cheap (no more than $1000). Some jobs, you could probably do yourself and save some cash. Just got to get your hands on the factory service manual (And tools). Even though it is a nice car, it is an old car - first year is going to be costly bringing her back to original (aside from mint body)

Rally Master
05-03-2009, 10:34 PM
If this is a car you truly cherish, I would stick with it and fix that mess up. However, if you have any doubts regarding it, it has to go. I wish I had as much passion about cars as you folks do because for me, as long as a car drives, has AC along with power windows and locks and doesn't tell me to check engine every time I hit 70 mph, then it's good enough. Good luck, GTRmenz.

MuscleCarFreak
05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
This mofo will be smoking everything on this forum very soon.

Just let me know when your ready. Have your pink slip ready. ;)

TriniGT
05-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Just let me know when your ready. Have your pink slip ready. ;)

I was wondering when you were going to say something lol

EVO9MR
05-04-2009, 12:48 AM
i believe you should fix it up by why does my opnion matter
anyway this is totally offtopic but whats yours moms 4 banger?

GTR
05-06-2009, 06:54 AM
I love my car.

Tonight I was challenged by a pre-99 4th gen Mustang GT. Over took me, and stopped right in front of me right in the middle of the street. Waiting, and revving. Me and my friend stared for a while. He was looking at me in the rear view mirror. "I think he wants to race you..." my friend said. "Don't do it though there's lotta cops going around tonight, and it's dangerous in this narrow street." Since I knew my car wasn't in a good shape for some asskicking, I pussied out and laughed at him hysterically as I made a left turn. The Mustang screeched tires in anger and left. That shit even sounded intimidating.

This is the second time I was seriously challenged to street race. The first time it was another Z28, ironically looked just like mine, except with a big dent in the right side of its tail. Looked stock other than that. He started driving beside me revving his engine. After a while I looked over and he kinda gave me a "sup" nod and smiled. His friend sitting right beside him had a huge *** grin on his face too. I actually explained him "hey man my bearings are ****ed up I can't race you". We ended up stopping at a red light. I started making some noise with mine. My friend was driving in front of me with his C280 that we had just picked up, and he had recently installed a very loud exhaust (he's got several fix-it tickets so far). I6 or not, it sounded badass. The guy behind us had a pretty nice exhaust setup too. Sounded ghetto, but nice nevertheless. Two Camaros, and a modded Mercedes. That was quite a symphony.

This is all apart from the little more subtle races I was invited to. Usually those who know they'll get ****ed don't go too far. There was a modded Civic once, and today there was this Scion who screeched tires for me. And there was this other time that a 5.0 Mustang Fox gave me a "sup" nod and fooled around a little...he didn't look very friendly though lol.

Whatever this shit means...I just HAVE to get this thing fixed.

TheCarTester
05-06-2009, 08:40 AM
hehe,you did the right thing not to race:)

TriniGT
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Good sh1t, GTR. Also, you never know who is undercover. Have you gotten fed up of the challenges?

TheCarTester
05-06-2009, 01:24 PM
yup...you can never know if its a undercover cop or something..

MuscleCarFreak
05-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey, at least you're getting cars in your class wanting to race you. I always get Civics and shit wanting to challenge me.

nfslover101
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
LOL! Dude your car is nice. My friend had rims tail lights and exhaust on his Civic. So many people wanted to race him he took all of it off. I agree though, you did the right thing not to race. I say keep it, I always wanted a camaro, but I simply can't afford such a car. Consider yourself lucky.
________
Bondage anime (http://www.****tube.com/categories/369/anime/videos/1)

GTR
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah it happens all the time. They usually don't look over but by the way they drive you can tell they wanna have a go at it. I never take them it seriously, as you can tell, till this Mustang guy. Even the Camaro was a piece of shit, but that Mustang didn't seem like it was just fooling around.

I'm sure if I had a go at the Mustang, I'd be dead by now. The blvd that the street ended in was about 100 yards away, and the street was really narrow. Cars were parked on the two sides. Even if I had gotten him (which I wouldn't) I wouldn't have had enough time to stop.

theo
05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Good sh1t, GTR. Also, you never know who is undercover. Have you gotten fed up of the challenges?

If he was undercover he couldnt legally ticket you or arrest you, nor would you have to pull over to him.
Unless you're thinking he would call in a legit cop, in which case you deserve to get the ticket for not having a radar.

-theo

GTR
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
you deserve to get the ticket for not having a radar.

On my must-have list.

TriniGT
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
If he was undercover he couldnt legally ticket you or arrest you, nor would you have to pull over to him.
Unless you're thinking he would call in a legit cop, in which case you deserve to get the ticket for not having a radar.

-theo

I forgot, there are some differences in the rules...

GTR
05-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Some update on my piece of shit.

The honey cone in the catalytic converter is falling apart. Every time i turn it on it make this weird *** noise that would be expected from nothing but something straight out of a junkyard with rust on it that is one inch thick. about 400 dollars to get that shit repaired.

But there's a good thing about that too. When you accelerate, it sounds ****ing badass.

And here's the first part I had to buy for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2761.l1259&item=220409943461&viewitem=

They're 50 bucks if you wanna buy em from anywhere else.

OptikNERV
05-15-2009, 07:54 PM

-theo

:(. Canada is a pretty cool country, eh undercover cops give out tickets and doesn't afraid of anything.

theo
05-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Wow, I didn't even think about that. WAKE UP PEOPLE

-theo

Azrael
05-16-2009, 12:33 AM
get a replacement high flow converter from summit racing and when your at it mine as well do headers y pipe let that lt-1 scream

Killua
05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
The honey cone in the catalytic converter is falling apart. Every time i turn it on it make this weird *** noise that would be expected from nothing but something straight out of a junkyard with rust on it that is one inch thick. about 400 dollars to get that shit repaired.

But there's a good thing about that too. When you accelerate, it sounds ****ing badass.

Any chance you can get a video of that revving sound before you get the cat replaced?

nfslover101
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah keep me posted too lol.

Sir Tristan
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Amir (if I can call you that) - great car!
Z06 rims are extremely cool here. Kinda like cultstyle Euro Volkswagens getting Porsche or Lambo rims, LOVE this kind of interbrandgroup wheel changing :P

Dont worry, you'll get it fixed (get a good suspension later too lol) and it'll run 11s on 1/4 mile*, yano what im sayin?

*Thats being usable, let alone dragster mods, not talking about them

GTR
05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Sure thing, I'll do that asap.

Z06 rims are extremely cool here. Kinda like cultstyle Euro Volkswagens getting Porsche or Lambo rims, LOVE this kind of interbrandgroup wheel changing :P

Dont worry, you'll get it fixed (get a good suspension later too lol) and it'll run 11s on 1/4 mile*, yano what im sayin?

You can call me that, as long as you don't call my first name left and right, yano what im sayin?

Stock it should run low 14s. I wouldn't exactly compare the use of Z06 rims on a Camaro to the use of Lambo rims though, since Camaro and Corvette actually share a lot in common, including the engine and transmission. Plus, GM's rule of thumb has been for many years, a Camaro is always almost as fast as a base Corvette.

Zpectre
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM

Unfortunately Gallardo rims are overused on everything where I live...

My car is a VW with Audi rims and it does look very neat as long as you replace that Audi badge with VW. The place where I bought them also had 911 Turbo rims with VW badging.

nfslover101
05-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Sure thing, I'll do that asap.

You can call me that, as long as you don't call my first name left and right, yano what im sayin?

Stock it should run low 14s. I wouldn't exactly compare the use of Z06 rims on a Camaro to the use of Lambo rims though, since Camaro and Corvette actually share a lot in common, including the engine and transmission. Plus, GM's rule of thumb has been for many years, a Camaro is always almost as fast as a base Corvette.

Forgot to mention, I got those pictures you wanted, there in my cars topic, your inbox was full.

Sir Tristan
05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
OK then GTR - so I shouldn't like call you your name all the time and in each sentence.
Great car though...

GTR
07-02-2009, 10:10 PM
So. Finally.

$332 Coils, spark plugs, new battery...similar shit. ($187 parts + Labor + Tax)
$151 A new Catalytic Converter 100% California Legal ($137 + Tax + Shipping)
$22 A license plate mount ($14 + Shipping)
$40 installing the catalytic converter (Labor)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Picture010.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Picture013.jpg

Only thing that worried me though (look closely at the year)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Picture009.jpg

Finally got it up and running. Now it runs like a real muscle car. On my way home from the repair shop I raced a BMW M6...he obviously was just playing around, but that shit made my day. I had forgotten how much of an attention grabber this thing is...everyone just stares at you, especially other people with Camaros. It's a rolling event.

Before replacing the cats I made a video of the bad cats. The video needs editing (I got interrupted) so I'll upload that later. I'll be doing some 0-60 in a near future.

The only thing that I'm a little concerned about is that as it rumbles while stationary it moves/shakes a bit. It makes no weird sounds, just shakes like a diesel truck. What could it be?

DodgeBoy
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Is that a Magnaflow hi flow cat?

GTR
07-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Is that a Magnaflow hi flow cat?

The high flows are not legal in California. It does flow better than stock though, according to its resellers.

DodgeBoy
07-03-2009, 10:44 AM
The high flows are not legal in California. It does flow better than stock though, according to its resellers.

All Magnaflow cats are high flow due to the way it's designed.

appollo four fourty
07-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Do the water pump youself? It's not terribly hard last 2 times i did one. And the shaking could be either, Plugs are not installed right or cables, or idle is needed to be adjusted, timing?

GTR
07-11-2009, 04:56 AM
Do the water pump youself? It's not terribly hard last 2 times i did one. And the shaking could be either, Plugs are not installed right or cables, or idle is needed to be adjusted, timing?

Water pump seems fine for now. The mechanic said it's mounted in a weird place, which is why its so expensive to replace. It's labor intensive.

The car now sounds incredibly awesome. Sounds like a big GM made truck with a big exhaust. DRRRROOOMMM (video coming soon)

Only problem is, its still drinking gas like a gasoholic. 14.2mpg, city and highway combined, driving like a grandma, never once passing 2500rpm. I just drove my mom's car to work tonight. Rather not mess with that thing...every trip costs me a fortune. What's wrong with it? I replaced the sparks and the catalytic, what else is there that hurts the gas mileage so much?

TheCarTester
07-11-2009, 05:24 AM
v8's drinks to much hehe,but they sound bad a**

GTR
08-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Sneaked out with the company's Camera and got a couple of neat pictures of the car:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro001.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro001-1.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro002.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro002-1.jpg)

Please excuse the dirt.

Tonight as I was going home from work at about 1:00AM a 300C with a Hemi (judging by the obvious V8 sound of it) blasted by me at about 85mph. No idea if it was SRT-8 or not, but it was definitely a V8. Looking for a little fun, I caught him, then we began speeding like two complete maniacs. We both floored it to 120mph. I was willing to pass my exit just for the fact that this guy was a good sport, but he was taking the same exit!

At the stop light he told some girl in a Chevy Equinox that he is racing me. I only heard her laugh and say "Are you racing?" Then the screech of tires of us three. Of course she was just helping the mood, didn't really intend to race anyone.

Again another blast to 90mph (on a 50 zone) on the Lawrence Expressway till I finally had to take the exit.

I was faster than him, though not by much. But in the end he's the one getting 24mpg on the way home, I am not.

TheCarTester
08-13-2009, 05:31 AM
cool pics:P

Bl0cks
08-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Nice pics. Are your brake calipers green?

GTR
08-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Nice pics. Are your brake calipers green?

Yeah lol...I'm gonna paint them metallic red, but haven't got around to do it yet.

Dr.DooM
08-19-2009, 12:49 PM
hmmmm i dont like the sound of street racing, i like to keep it on the track. It means you can concentrate on going realyl fast and not worry about police, peds, or other road users.
However, I replaced the sparks and the catalytic, what else is there that hurts the gas mileage so much?
injectors/carbs (i assume that its on injectors), they might need some attention, also try the ECU it might be wrong.

GTR
08-19-2009, 01:04 PM
hmmmm i dont like the sound of street racing, i like to keep it on the track. It means you can concentrate on going realyl fast and not worry about police, peds, or other road users.
However,
injectors/carbs (i assume that its on injectors), they might need some attention, also try the ECU it might be wrong.

I agree with you about the track, but unfortunately they've made it too big of a hassle.

When I was racing that guy I'd put my foot down and get ahead of him a car length, then I'd tap on brakes signaling him to ease up. But he wouldn't give up, so. :P

You're probably right about the ECU (or rather the PCM), it ran outta battery several times so that could've screwed up the tune. You're the third person to tell me this.

Killua
08-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Didn't you say that the rear gears needed some maintenance before doing all of this tune-up? Or perhaps you already did it and forgot to mention it...

Nice pictures by the way.

EVO9MR
08-19-2009, 06:24 PM
normally how much are you supposed to be averaging?

DodgeBoy
08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
If you are worried about mileage, you shouldn't be driving a V8.

GTR
08-20-2009, 02:31 AM
If you are worried about mileage, you shouldn't be driving a V8.

Good gas mileage is one thing and being able to make it to destination is another. Besides, a performance oriented car isn't gonna be a gas sipper, no matter how many cylinders.

@Killua: The rear diff wasn't the main problem, the engine was. I got it fixed up, so its good for now. Thanks, but I guess I'm now obligated to admit that the saturation and the shade were done in photoshop lol

@EVO9MR: About 18MPG. Should get 22 highway. Mine averages less than 15 combined.

Killua
08-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, if what you say it's true, then I will agree with others and say the problem is the ECU. Other than that, I can't think in any other problems aside from the fact that it's a 5.7 Liter V8... God, American cars are like a different world compared to the cars that I normally see on the road.

Just curious here, do you see any colored smoke coming from the exhaust (Black, blue...) or a gasoline smell coming from it?

3ni_2nr
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
sleek ride, nice pix. i wish i could help with your mileage problem, but i have no experience with muscle engines or their dynamics. i'm a tuner (<2.5 L) guy. the other guys seem to give good advice though.

EDIT:
Killua makes sense. /EDIT.

Blue smoke suggests oil being burnt (together with a lot of soot in your exhaust). this also presents mileage problems.

DodgeBoy
08-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Blue smoke does not mean timing is off. It means your valve seals or piston rings are shot which mean oil gets into your combustion chamber and burns.

3ni_2nr
08-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Blue smoke does not mean timing is off. It means your valve seals or piston rings are shot which mean oil gets into your combustion chamber and burns.

err, my bad. yea i typed crap, it sounded right in my head at the time. :\

(long day)

GTR
08-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Nope, no blue or black smoke, no nothing. Even when it was getting 11MPG the smoke coming outta the exhaust was as clear as the air going into the engine. Maybe white-ish on very cold days, but that's about it.

God, American cars are like a different world compared to the cars that I normally see on the road.

I lol'd at that...so true.

Today I saw the temperature gauge on 3/4 when standing behind a red light. It was extremely hot outside. It was 91 F (33 C) but felt like maybe 110F (43C) in the car... I had the AC turned off to ease on the car, but didn't do much. Soon as I moved it'd get to 1/2 and when I got to the freeway it went well under half. Is this normal or should I be worried?

TriniGT
08-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Sounds like your cooling system has air in it. Check for that, first. If you hear a gurgling sound - like when you rip one in a pool and the bubbles float to the surface - then you definitely have air in the system. Secondly, that water pump might need to be replaced sooner than you think.

Sir Tristan
08-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Sneaked out with the company's Camera and got a couple of neat pictures of the car:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro001.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro001-1.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro002.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/Camaro002-1.jpg)

Please excuse the dirt.

Tonight as I was going home from work at about 1:00AM a 300C with a Hemi (judging by the obvious V8 sound of it) blasted by me at about 85mph. No idea if it was SRT-8 or not, but it was definitely a V8. Looking for a little fun, I caught him, then we began speeding like two complete maniacs. We both floored it to 120mph. I was willing to pass my exit just for the fact that this guy was a good sport, but he was taking the same exit!

At the stop light he told some girl in a Chevy Equinox that he is racing me. I only heard her laugh and say "Are you racing?" Then the screech of tires of us three. Of course she was just helping the mood, didn't really intend to race anyone.

Again another blast to 90mph (on a 50 zone) on the Lawrence Expressway till I finally had to take the exit.

I was faster than him, though not by much. But in the end he's the one getting 24mpg on the way home, I am not.

Sounds like proper hot, gas-fueled MANLY shit, yano what I'm sayin'? (sorry I just had to say that :D) You got a Need for Speed, huh xD

Loved the story, I'm sure you drove safely and reasonably, wore your seatbelt and used your turn signal as every NFS model tells you to.

The american highways.... 5 lanes 55mph each
In Germany you just get on the Fast Lane and speed however you want and everyone makes way for the faster car :D

Anyways nothing bad happened, and it was a serious Chevy vs Chrysler showdown.

GTR
08-22-2009, 06:52 AM
hahaha yeah man, totally.

Just so can picture how it was, I was on the far left lane, 120mph and accelerating and the V8 is deafeningly loud. Planning to pass the exit; I looked to the side and saw him on the far right lane. We are passing cars in the lanes between us like WOOF WOOF WOOF. For half a second I can't see the xenon lights as we pass an 18 wheeler (that's just downright FNF lol) Figured he's taking the exit and slammed on the brakes, practically swerving into the far right lane as I look at my blind spot.

Even after we were done I was laughing and shouting "WOOHOO" in my car for 5 minutes straight all the way home.

3ni_2nr
08-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Even after we were done I was laughing and shouting "WOOHOO" in my car for 5 minutes straight all the way home.

V8 powah!!!!

Its like a shot of adrenaline i guess.

Mr. Sting Ray
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Is the radiator, fan, and cooling system still factory? I'd recommend either 1. wire it up with a switch, so that it'll keep your shit cool, and run all the time or 2. upgrade to a more heavy duty radiator, thermostat with a lower temp rating, and larger electric fans. I happened to have the same problem with my 91 RS. But those troubles have come and gone.

AgentRoo
09-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Today I saw the temperature gauge on 3/4 when standing behind a red light. It was extremely hot outside. It was 91 F (33 C) but felt like maybe 110F (43C) in the car... I had the AC turned off to ease on the car, but didn't do much. Soon as I moved it'd get to 1/2 and when I got to the freeway it went well under half. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Sounds like the fan (or one of them if you have multiples) isn't working properly, i.e. not blowing air over the engine when stationary.

Once you're up to speed then the natural airflow fixes the problem.

Testing this is easy, pop the hood at some point and run the engine until it's hot (over halfway), then run to the front and see if the fans are running. Easiest if you do this after a good drive, as it won't need to be revved up too much.

Primus
09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Happened to my Oldsmobile at one point. If you're really worried about it, blast the heat in the car at maximum, when it's 'overheating'. Also, like AgentRoo said, check and make sure your fans work.

BTW, I'm still waiting on those engine shots, you plonker.

Neurosis
09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice car...

GTR
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I just raced
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/mazda-RX-8-3.jpg

Looked exactly like it.

Poor asian kid. He wanted to cut me off so I sped up and caught up with the truck in the lane he was in, so his way was closed. Then, as I do always when going home, I turned into our closest main road, Trubaco, that's always empty and has a 50mph speed limit. And so did him. I slightly accelerated and he floored it, then I floored it.

Man, I thought the 30 grand car would put up a fight. It was hopeless, absolutely hopeless. We were going in excess of 80mph so I'm sure he was aware of what he triggered. He looked so serious too..hahaha

After a good laugh I got home (interestingly, he resides near my apartment), with no gas left in my car. Did about 27 miles on 3.2 gallons of gas. That's just ****ed up.

EDIT: Actually I had gas for another 8 miles or so, so basically the car did about 11mpg. 11mpg man. Seriously, this is bullshit.

3ni_2nr
10-06-2009, 09:31 PM
err, where's the pic?

(there's supposed to be one rite?)

After a good laugh I got home (interestingly, he resides near my apartment), with no gas left in my car. Did about 27 miles on 3.2 gallons of gas. That's just ****ed up.

yup, thats right.

NfsDeadlocked
10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Man, I thought the 30 grand car would put up a fight. It was hopeless, absolutely hopeless. We were going in excess of 80mph so I'm sure he was aware of what he triggered. He looked so serious too..hahaha

Those RX8's are crap when they're stock...They can do pretty good if you upgrade them though.

RedTwentyFour
10-10-2009, 04:57 AM
congrats to the frontpage :)

GTR
10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks Rick. :)
err, where's the pic?

(there's supposed to be one rite?)

yup, thats right.

lol that tank ended up getting me 35 miles, which isn't as bad, but still pretty bad. I get about 40-45 if I keep my foot out of it at all times.

Meanracer
11-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Pretty damn awesome car, much better than your last car the Impala and this is now a real muscle sports car with a beasty V8! Man you should finally be happy and settle with the Camaro you've got unless you can afford something greater. Anyways congrats, love the V8s! Will you chuck in some more performance mods later on?

GTR
11-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Pretty damn awesome car, much better than your last car the Impala and this is now a real muscle sports car with a beasty V8! Man you should finally be happy and settle with the Camaro you've got unless you can afford something greater. Anyways congrats, love the V8s! Will you chuck in some more performance mods later on?

Thanks man. Yeah definitely will mod this bad boy, soon as I get a job. :P

EVO9MR
11-11-2009, 01:08 PM
so got any news? it it still gulping gas?

Sir Tristan
11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
any ladies pulled with the ride, man?

vette
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Love the ride man, usually i dont care much for white muscle type cars, but yours looks good.

Ouch 11 Mpg? Sounds like a normal day in my truck for me, well thats a good day actually, started driving with the tail gate down to save a little.

Killua
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Ouch 11 Mpg? Sounds like a normal day in my truck for me, well thats a good day actually, started driving with the tail gate down to save a little.

Mythbusters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3aqHbD-O9E) have already proven that to be wrong, just in case you didn't know. :P A quick Google search will also reveal that driving with the tail gate up is better.

vette
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Hm intresting, never thought to look before. I may check this for myself and see what happens, wonder if a different size truck makes a difference. All i know is with it down trash doesnt blow out at all lol.

93CamaroLT1Z28
11-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Nice car, the loser OZ wont let me post pics of mine. He has to keep crying about it :) sorry.

OZ
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Nice car, the loser OZ wont let me post pics of mine. He has to keep crying about it :) sorry.

The "loser" OZ is simply enforcing the rules of the forum, as you are clearly following none, nor is reading the warnings we gave you already for your wrongdoings. Since you managed to cross all the lines on so little time, enjoy your little time out, and when you return, take a time to read both the Main Forum Rules (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/announcement.php?f=13&a=1) and the Members Rides Forum Rules. (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20976) Perhaps, within doing that, your stay might become longer and appreciated.

93CamaroLT1Z28
11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Haha too bad Ill just keep reposting bro, it does me no harm. Told ya that ya like to cry bout everything.

OZ
11-24-2009, 11:09 AM
then enjoy your permanent bam :) nothing makes me happier

GTR
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Car-Truck-Parts-/6030/i.html?Part%2520Type=Gauges&Gauges%2520Part%2520Type=Glow%2520Gauges&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_mqf=0&_pcats=33672%2C6030%2C6028%2C6000&_qfkw=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m273&_myi=1993-1997&Make=Chevrolet&Model=Camaro

Which one do I go with?

Sir Tristan
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
The blue glow :)

nissan_370Z
03-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Either this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-2002-CHEVY-CAMARO-V6-125MPH-Glow-Gauges-1998-1999_W0QQitemZ250575320436QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a5773f574) or
This one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1995-1996-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-V8-White-Glow-Gauges_W0QQitemZ290405361157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439d82260 5)

Bl0cks
03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
What does it look like currently?

GTR
03-04-2010, 05:43 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/0128101846.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/0303100924.jpg

GTR
03-13-2010, 10:06 PM
This is on our way to the mechanic shop to solve the mysterious stalling of the car. On our way there, it stalled again.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/0131101234.jpg

After 3 different mechanics turned out it was just a worn out wire.

When it was done the guy who hooked me up with the shops had the car in front of his garage. After several weeks of missing my car, I couldn't help but to snap a couple of shots.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/0213101017.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/0213101017a.jpg

Back at our complex.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/0225101433.jpg

MuscleCarFreak
03-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I really hope you actually plan on fixing your exhaust sometime in the near future.

Other than that, looks pretty sharp.

GTR
03-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I really hope you actually plan on fixing your exhaust sometime in the near future.

Other than that, looks pretty sharp.

Thanks man, exhaust was fixed btw. I replaced the cat. Still needs some tuning but it hauls *** right now lol

I'm planning to get some headers and an electric valve and switch for my cutout. Just trying to find a shop for it.

mCbxOV-h44M
295Dj8EaLHY

That shit was fun.

hondaman
05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Thought I'd post this here rather than in my thread, as it would make more sense...

The good news is, there are sealed beam conversion kits out there for your car. I found it surprisingly difficult to find them, though...I had expected there would be more. The best I could find is here:

http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_gen1to4.htm#4thgen

The bad news is that there are no E-Code conversions for your car that I am aware of. This is related to the fact that your car uses those weird half-sized 4351 sealed beams which saw a very limited use and are a US only lamp. This may not be of any consequence to you, I like E-Code simply because of the razor sharp cutoff with a slight cast off to the right, which is the direction that most new cars, including those with halogen reflectors, are heading in these days.

I haven't seen what these do in person, but chances are it will be more of an older type reflector cutoff, pretty fuzzy and straight across, but present and evenly spread unlike the sealed beams you have now.

Here's the best comparison I've got with my Buick's old halogens, and my trucks current ones:

E-Code:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/hondaman94/HPIM3088.jpg

What you'll likely have, but MUCH brighter if you take the route I suggest as follows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/hondaman94/S6304254.jpg

It looks like the kit above uses 9006 bulbs, even though they do not specify. This gives you the option to upgrade to HIR2 or 9012 bulbs, a type of new halogen that puts out a TON more light without increasing wattage or temperature, or affecting your cutoff. They are pricey, but worth it in my opinion if you are looking for more light above 9006. Alternatively, you could seek out high wattage 9006 bulbs but I know little about the construction of these headlamps, so I'm not sure whether or not they could take the heat.

Doing a little searching shows that Camaro owners seem to be satisfied with the housings from Eurolamps, but most don't like the difference in output between sealed beam and 9006, which is understandable because 9006 is pretty pathetic in terms of light output. Whatever you do, DON'T use an HID kit. I didn't believe people either when they told me it sucked, even when I got it...until I saw the real thing in my own car. A set of bright halogens is ALWAYS better than an HID kit in a housing designed for halogens.

Instead, try to find some 9012 HIR bulbs, which need only a little modification to fit in 9006 bulb spot. You can order HIR2 (9012) bulbs from here:

http://finemotoring.com/

HIR2 turns out to be cheaper (and far less likely to get you pulled over) than an HID kit anyway.

If you want to change over your high beam units with the Eurolamps conversion kit they offer, you can get some HIR1 (9011) bulbs from the same place for some insanely bright high beams. If you don't use your high beams that often, then you can just get their low beam conversion with the HIR2 bulbs and you should be set. I do recommend an upgraded 9006 relay harness to get the most out of your new lights. This should work for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9006-HID-Xenon-Relay-Wiring-Harness-W-25-Fuse-40-AMP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad82a50f0QQitemZ39017 3708528QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Ignore the HID part, this will work for halogens too. I don't know what the connector to your stock 4351 sealed beams looks like, but you may need to modify it to connect to this harness. It's also possible (and perhaps likely) that the Eurolamps conversion kit will come with instructions and/or equipment to switch over to 9006. It's also possible that 9006 will plug right in, I don't know as I have never seen a 4351 plug before.

With the HIR and HIR2 conversion, your Camaro should have light output very similar in terms of luminosity to my truck. I have no issues seeing anything, or blinding the **** out of anybody if I need to.

GTR
05-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Thought I'd post this here rather than in my thread, as it would make more sense...

The good news is, there are sealed beam conversion kits out there for your car. I found it surprisingly difficult to find them, though...I had expected there would be more. The best I could find is here:

http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_gen1to4.htm#4thgen

The bad news is that there are no E-Code conversions for your car that I am aware of. This is related to the fact that your car uses those weird half-sized 4351 sealed beams which saw a very limited use and are a US only lamp. This may not be of any consequence to you, I like E-Code simply because of the razor sharp cutoff with a slight cast off to the right, which is the direction that most new cars, including those with halogen reflectors, are heading in these days.

I haven't seen what these do in person, but chances are it will be more of an older type reflector cutoff, pretty fuzzy and straight across, but present and evenly spread unlike the sealed beams you have now.

Here's the best comparison I've got with my Buick's old halogens, and my trucks current ones:

E-Code:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/hondaman94/HPIM3088.jpg

What you'll likely have, but MUCH brighter if you take the route I suggest as follows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/hondaman94/S6304254.jpg

It looks like the kit above uses 9006 bulbs, even though they do not specify. This gives you the option to upgrade to HIR2 or 9012 bulbs, a type of new halogen that puts out a TON more light without increasing wattage or temperature, or affecting your cutoff. They are pricey, but worth it in my opinion if you are looking for more light above 9006. Alternatively, you could seek out high wattage 9006 bulbs but I know little about the construction of these headlamps, so I'm not sure whether or not they could take the heat.

Doing a little searching shows that Camaro owners seem to be satisfied with the housings from Eurolamps, but most don't like the difference in output between sealed beam and 9006, which is understandable because 9006 is pretty pathetic in terms of light output. Whatever you do, DON'T use an HID kit. I didn't believe people either when they told me it sucked, even when I got it...until I saw the real thing in my own car. A set of bright halogens is ALWAYS better than an HID kit in a housing designed for halogens.

Instead, try to find some 9012 HIR bulbs, which need only a little modification to fit in 9006 bulb spot. You can order HIR2 (9012) bulbs from here:

http://finemotoring.com/

HIR2 turns out to be cheaper (and far less likely to get you pulled over) than an HID kit anyway.

If you want to change over your high beam units with the Eurolamps conversion kit they offer, you can get some HIR1 (9011) bulbs from the same place for some insanely bright high beams. If you don't use your high beams that often, then you can just get their low beam conversion with the HIR2 bulbs and you should be set. I do recommend an upgraded 9006 relay harness to get the most out of your new lights. This should work for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9006-HID-Xenon-Relay-Wiring-Harness-W-25-Fuse-40-AMP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad82a50f0QQitemZ39017 3708528QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Ignore the HID part, this will work for halogens too. I don't know what the connector to your stock 4351 sealed beams looks like, but you may need to modify it to connect to this harness. It's also possible (and perhaps likely) that the Eurolamps conversion kit will come with instructions and/or equipment to switch over to 9006. It's also possible that 9006 will plug right in, I don't know as I have never seen a 4351 plug before.

With the HIR and HIR2 conversion, your Camaro should have light output very similar in terms of luminosity to my truck. I have no issues seeing anything, or blinding the **** out of anybody if I need to.

Thanks for that write up. My high beams are already HID, it's my low beams that are a little too dark. So do I really need the relay or if I just buy the "Type4656 (Lowbeams) with Xenon-Charged Blue/White True High Output $69.00" it'll do?

hondaman
05-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, it'll work without the relay, but I wouldn't expect too much of an improvement. Really what you need to get the most light output is HIR 9012 bulbs, with a relay. The 9006 bulbs, with or without a relay, aren't going to give you much of an improvement, but you can try it and see if you like it. "Xenon-Charged" is nothing but a bunch of fancy words for a blue painted bulb.

GTR
04-02-2011, 12:01 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/test1.jpg

This was not on a dyno. ;)

Sir Tristan
04-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Any new cool stories bro? (c wut i did ther hurrdurr)

Or changes to the car? It's been a while.

GTR
04-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Any new cool stories bro? (c wut i did ther hurrdurr)

Or changes to the car? It's been a while.

Cool story lies within the image, bro.

Will be uploading some pictures and videos soon.

GTR
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
OyVTGnktAR4

Vanexroxics
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Awesome ****ing shit, is awesome.

Primus
04-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Dat acceleration.

Spyke
04-04-2011, 10:36 AM
How much you spend all?

GTR
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
It’s still reading WAY too rich at WOT, and too rich at idle and part-throttle too.

Which means there's still something wrong with it. Could be why the acceleration wasn't quite up to expectations.

How much you spend all?

I don't want to know.

Max Rockatansky
04-05-2011, 04:51 AM
About 6 sec or close to 7 sec if I counted wrong, 0-100 km/h . Thats pretty good timing for such a heavy car. Great job ;)

Vanexroxics
04-05-2011, 05:00 AM
About 6 sec or close to 7 sec if I counted wrong, 0-100 km/h . Thats pretty good timing for such a heavy car. Great job ;)

dude, it's MPH.

Max Rockatansky
04-05-2011, 06:17 AM
I look at the smaller numbers, they are kmh.

Primus
04-05-2011, 06:20 AM

Nah, it's less than that. It's about 5.5-6.0.

GTR
04-05-2011, 06:23 AM
That would be if I was one helluva driver and could launch it without spinning. In this video I slowly eased in the throttle, maybe a little more than I needed to because I had no wheelspin at all.

So he's right, it's about 6-6.5 seconds in this video.

Primus
04-05-2011, 06:37 AM
That's not bad, though. My buddy's SRT-4 Caliber only does 6.2-6.4 at full launch and he's got a nice amount of mods.

GTR
04-05-2011, 06:49 AM
That's not bad, though. My buddy's SRT-4 Caliber only does 6.2-6.4 at full launch and he's got a nice amount of mods.
Damn, that thing is like 500lbs lighter and 10hp more stock. My O2 sensors are ****ed up too so my tune is wack.

GTR
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4844-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4844-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4835-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4835-small.jpg)

Competizione
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
You really have a beauty of a car GTR

Sir Tristan
04-19-2011, 01:52 PM

The upcoming High Stakes 2012 is the secret Blackbox project at the moment, says an insider source. We can only reveal there will be improved dreamshots and original High Stakes cars, as well as limited upgrade options, as suggested by the leaked screenshots (artwork) above. We don't yet know if this is gameplay-based. But if it is, the graphics look promising with advanced lighting and high detail of environment.

Oh wait... shit.

Competizione
04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Lol fail, though interesting information anyway

Mr. Sting Ray
04-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Keep it coming Amir.

Sir Tristan
04-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, keep it coming.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/0d15cbd9-5876-475c-8643-da18a33ce840.jpg

MuscleCarFreak
04-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I cant really tell, but please tell me you got dual tail pipes on that thing now, and I just cant see it due to the shadow...

GTR
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I cant really tell, but please tell me you got dual tail pipes on that thing now, and I just cant see it due to the shadow...

Your monitor's contrast is off and no, I got the single for now. Unless I get true-duals, it's a waste of money. I asked around, they actually say the flow and HP are higher if I keep it single instead of getting dual exhaust from the muffler.

GTR
04-24-2011, 05:17 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4837-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4837-small.jpg)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4824-thumb.jpg (http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/DSCN4824-small2.jpg)

nfslover101
04-24-2011, 07:35 PM
I dig it! I suggest something like this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g1ivAZV2L._SS500_.jpg

For the front plate, unless California has just as bad of a hard on for having front plates as Wisconsin...

RedCarDriver
04-25-2011, 11:50 AM
California mandates front license plates, as far as I know, or at least every California-plated car I've seen has had both front and rear plates. This is one of the many automotive-related reasons why living in Arizona is cool - Arizona doesn't require front plates. :P

Also, awesome photos are awesome.

Torden
04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
@GTR: We should race sometime ;)

RSR
05-25-2011, 06:28 PM
One helluva car!!! Sick ride man!

GTR
05-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks bud, and everyone else. If it wasn't for your appreciation for this poor old thing, it'd be even harder to keep it around.

Last night I raped two Hondas. A B18 (GSR engine) swapped EG hatch, and a Acura RSX Type-S with bolt ons. Good races. I'll post videos soon.

For sure Torden, what you got?

AJ_Lethal
05-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Single muffler?

Opponent's understatement followed by uncontrollable crying a few seconds later?

Me likes this.

GTR
06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
fM6hAtunpYc

This video is from a while ago, I'm uploading the rest in a bit.

Elle
06-20-2011, 05:00 PM
4th gen Camaro = gay :D
^ things I gotta say once in a while ^

apart from that you're nice.

RSR
06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
I have already nominated it for the next ROTM contest. I hope it gets selected cause it's such a nice car.

Gay?! LOL Camaros are sick, all gens imo!

Schaefft
06-20-2011, 05:44 PM
wat

4th gen f-bodies are the best looking of them all (yeah I know it might be the other way around for most, whatever). Great affordable cars with power and cheap to fix compared to most alternatives.

Elle
06-20-2011, 06:07 PM
I have already nominated it for the next ROTM contest. I hope it gets selected cause it's such a nice car.

Gay?! LOL Camaros are sick, all gens imo!

it's not that I don't like the Camaro. I actually love it. but just the 1st and the latest gen, because they look like Camaros.... 2nd thru 4th gen just are Camaros in Nissan Silvia disguise.
and that's the same thing I think about 3rd and 4th gen Mustangs, so I'm not really a hater, considering that I would die for a Mustang ;)

GTR
06-20-2011, 11:04 PM
it's not that I don't like the Camaro. I actually love it. but just the 1st and the latest gen, because they look like Camaros.... 2nd thru 4th gen just are Camaros in Nissan Silvia disguise.
and that's the same thing I think about 3rd and 4th gen Mustangs, so I'm not really a hater, considering that I would die for a Mustang ;)

Apart from some small design cues, there is absolute NOTHING in common between the 1st gen and 5th gen Camaro. If anything, the 1st gen's philosophy and purpose was the closest to cars like Nissan Silvia.

Let me elaborate. The first generation Camaro was a small, light weight sports car, much, MUCH lighter than anything in its time with similar power. Even today, it's still much lighter than most tuners. The 302ci 5.0 engine in the Camaro was able to rev to almost 8000rpm. The design was incredibly modern and like nothing ever before it, which is what made it such a timeless design.

Today's 5th gen Camaro is a wanna-be old-school Camaro. Stretching about a foot wider and longer, and weighting about 1000lbs more, it has completely lost what made the original Camaro the hit it became.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Camaro retained much more of what the original was. Innovative, new ideas, with new, modern timeless designs. Unlike the Mustang, Camaro was never about being a blast from the past. It was always about being the muscle car that stomped on everything that came its way. It was always about having the cutting edge technology of its time.

That applies to all Camaros, except the 5th gen. I have a hard time considering the 5th gen a real Camaro when it's not even an F-Body.

Sir Tristan
06-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Apart from some small design cues, there is absolute NOTHING in common between the 1st gen and 5th gen Camaro. If anything, the 1st gen's philosophy and purpose was the closest to cars like Nissan Silvia.

Let me elaborate. The first generation Camaro was a small, light weight sports car, much, MUCH lighter than anything in its time with similar power. Even today, it's still much lighter than most tuners. The 302ci 5.0 engine in the Camaro was able to rev to almost 8000rpm. The design was incredibly modern and like nothing ever before it, which is what made it such a timeless design.

Never knew that, cool.

Today's 5th gen Camaro is a wanna-be old-school Camaro. Stretching about a foot wider and longer, and weighting about 1000lbs more, it has completely lost what made the original Camaro the hit it became.

Yeah but it looks so ****ing cool it's unreal. Great design, and better suspension than before.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Camaro retained much more of what the original was. Innovative, new ideas, with new, modern timeless designs. Unlike the Mustang, Camaro was never about being a blast from the past. It was always about being the muscle car that stomped on everything that came its way. It was always about having the cutting edge technology of its time.

You can't deny that GM was heavily inflenced by Japanese tech showcase cars (Mitsubishi GTO, RX-7, Supra, 300ZX), don't know which ones exactly were introduced before the 4th gen Camaro was designed, but it's clearly visible.

I also don't see anything in the 4th gen Camaro that could be called cutting edge technology in its time, please elaborate.

Also I don't really like its design (though plus points for being miles prettier than an Escort... wait, a 3rd gen Mustang)

That applies to all Camaros, except the 5th gen. I have a hard time considering the 5th gen a real Camaro when it's not even an F-Body.

The idea of judging a car by its chassis designation is stupid. You want a 2011 car to be derived from the 70s? If they labelled the current Australian chassis 'F-Body', would you believe it's a Camaro?

It's a competitor to the Mustang, it looks more like a Camaro than 3 and 4 combined...

Think of the current Mustang, by your standards, is it not a Mustang (consider the Challenger in the same way) because the chassis isn't from the 60s?

Competizione
06-21-2011, 06:13 AM
4th gen Camaro = gay :D
^ things I gotta say once in a while ^

apart from that you're nice.

You did not just say that. 3rd and 4th gen F-bodies were about the best styled cars in American history IMO, well maybe except for Corvettes. The 5th gen Camaro is absolutely horrible in every way, it's a bulky big car, while old muscle were compact cars with a lot of horsepower.

Besides, all I can say is: 2nd/3rd gen Mustang Elle?

Sir Tristan
06-21-2011, 06:23 AM
All Stangs except the 1st and the latest two were utter shit. Camaros were better generally.

Also I want a 5th gen. EVERY car gets bulky. Look at the Golf GTI, look at the BMW M3. They all got fat over the years. So? Just appreciate/own/drool over/drive the old ones if you like.

Elle
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
You did not just say that. 3rd and 4th gen F-bodies were about the best styled cars in American history IMO, well maybe except for Corvettes. The 5th gen Camaro is absolutely horrible in every way, it's a bulky big car, while old muscle were compact cars with a lot of horsepower.

Besides, all I can say is: 2nd/3rd gen Mustang Elle?

This:

and that's the same thing I think about 3rd and 4th gen Mustangs, so I'm not really a hater, considering that I would die for a Mustang

you do know that the concept of the lastest gens of the pony cars is retro?
it's not wanna-be, it's being modern but in the style of the 60's.
furthermore they made the cars bigger, wider, to show their strength optically, to differ them from ordinary cars, like VW Jetta, Nissan Silvia, etc etc etc....
when you look at them they say "go outta ma way, or Imma kick yo ***!"
THAT's why I like the first and latest Camaro, Mustang and Challenger.
the Charger is not a pony car, but it's worth to be mentioned, cause the latest Charger doesn't look like the first one at all, BUT would anyone like a Charger more, that looks just like the Challenger?

Sir Tristan
06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
the Charger is not a pony car, but it's worth to be mentioned, cause the latest Charger doesn't look like the first one at all, BUT would anyone like a Charger more, that looks just like the Challenger?

Exactly. I wouldn't want a Charger to be a stretched Challenger.

But the current one does have some cues from the 1969 one if you look at it in a certain way.

Also, what IS a Charger? You guys always only look at the 1969 R/T. There was loads of them. The 80s one was a completely disastrous little nightmare.

Competizione
06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Also, what IS a Charger? You guys always only look at the 1969 R/T. There was loads of them. The 80s one was a completely disastrous little nightmare.

That's why we look at the 69 R/T, the 80s model is just best to forget. The Challenger in the 80s wasn't much better off either. Besides, if you think of a Dodge Charger, you immediately (at least in my case) think of the 69 R/T, because it was an iconic car and even is today. Still, the current Charger looks good IMO, it's not what it used to be, but I'd take it as a sedan.

MuscleCarFreak
06-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Exactly. I wouldn't want a Charger to be a stretched Challenger.

But the current one does have some cues from the 1969 one if you look at it in a certain way.

I've always had to enlighten alot of people here about the history of the Charger, about how the Charger was never one car through it's history... Each Generation was completely different from the other with the exception of the drivetrain between the 2nd and 3rd Gens. The Charger was that kid who never really knew what he wanted to be in the automotive world. Not many know that the Charger started life as a Mid-sized Fastback.

As for the Camaro... Give me a 1970 1/2 Camaro Z28 with the split bumpers...

Mr. Sting Ray
06-21-2011, 06:43 PM
I've always had to enlighten alot of people here about the history of the Charger, about how the Charger was never one car through it's history... Each Generation was completely different from the other with the exception of the drivetrain between the 2nd and 3rd Gens. The Charger was that kid who never really knew what he wanted to be in the automotive world. Not many know that the Charger started life as a Mid-sized Fastback.

As for the Camaro... Give me a 1970 1/2 Camaro Z28 with the split bumpers...

I'd take a 1970 Baldwin Motion Camaro.

GTR
06-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah but it looks so ****ing cool it's unreal. Great design, and better suspension than before.
Yeah definitely, but it definitely lost what made Camaros good in the first place.
You can't deny that GM was heavily inflenced by Japanese tech showcase cars (Mitsubishi GTO, RX-7, Supra, 300ZX), don't know which ones exactly were introduced before the 4th gen Camaro was designed, but it's clearly visible.
Oh yes you can. In fact I'd say the Japanese were influenced by the design of the Camaro. In 1989 GM introduced the concept car that later became my Camaro, called the Iroc Camaro California Concept. (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1989-chevrolet-california-iroc-camaro-concept-car.htm). This is years before Supra MK4, 3000GT, the last gen RX7, or 300ZX Z32 were out.
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/chevrolet-california-iroc-camaro-concept-car-2.jpg
I also don't see anything in the 4th gen Camaro that could be called cutting edge technology in its time, please elaborate.
You don't see because you don't know. A 17 year old engine that I can connect my laptop to is obviously ahead of its time. Except for luxury cars, I rarely see a car from the early 90s with cruise control and memory, traction control, slip detection, PCM controlled transmission, electric mirrors, rear window defogger, keyless entry and trunk opener, gas shock hood lifters, or with 10 different wiper speed settings. For many cars an RPM gauge was a luxury; this one shows you oil pressure and voltage. Even electric windows was a luxury back then let alone these features.
The 92–93 LT1s used speed density fuel management, batch-fire fuel injection and a dedicated engine control module (ECM). In 94 the LT1 switched to a mass airflow sensor and sequential port injection. A new, more capable computer controlled the transmission as well as the engine and got a new name: powertrain control module (PCM). Where the ECM held its calibration information in a replaceable chip, the PCM was reprogrammable through the diagnostic port.

Also I don't really like its design (though plus points for being miles prettier than an Escort... wait, a 3rd gen Mustang)
That's fine, but as far as automotive design goes it's a pretty good one. Every thing coordinates, nothing seems out of place. It's actually much more popular than the 98-02 Camaros when it comes to design. It does seem ugly from some angles, but you can definitely see the beauty of its design when you look at it from the 2nd story of a building. It has a very exotic look to it.
The idea of judging a car by its chassis designation is stupid. You want a 2011 car to be derived from the 70s? If they labelled the current Australian chassis 'F-Body', would you believe it's a Camaro?
bahahaha oh really? Right, because there's obviously other things more important than chassis. Let's build a super car on minivan chassis and not judge it by its chassis then, what do you think?

A car is it's chassis. When you build a car on a heavy chassis from a sedan, of course that will make it heavier and slower. F-Body chassis were always designed specifically for Camaros and Firebirds. I don't care who made it, I care what it was made to be. If it wasn't made to be a Camaro, it's obviously not as suitable as it'd have been for a Camaro. As far as I'm concerned the new Camaro is a cool bodykit on top of a GTO.

Vanexroxics
06-22-2011, 06:52 AM
As far as I'm concerned the new Camaro is a cool bodykit on top of a GTO.

I don't know why, but i so agree on that statement.

GTR
06-27-2011, 12:17 AM
casUWSzjYiA

Competizione
06-27-2011, 03:12 AM
nice dragrace man

Sir Tristan
06-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Yeah definitely, but it definitely lost what made Camaros good in the first place.

(...)

As far as I'm concerned the new Camaro is a cool bodykit on top of a GTO.

You're probably right, hopefully GM designs a new chassis so it feels closer to a cool bodykit on a Solstice with a V8 and obviously newly made.

Would it have been better if they shortened the Corvette chassis or something?

Oh yes you can. In fact I'd say the Japanese were influenced by the design of the Camaro. In 1989 GM introduced the concept car that later became my Camaro, called the Iroc Camaro California Concept. (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1989-chevrolet-california-iroc-camaro-concept-car.htm). This is years before Supra MK4, 3000GT, the last gen RX7, or 300ZX Z32 were out.
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/chevrolet-california-iroc-camaro-concept-car-2.jpg

OK, never knew that.

You don't see because you don't know. A 17 year old engine that I can connect my laptop to is obviously ahead of its time. Except for luxury cars, I rarely see a car from the early 90s with cruise control and memory, traction control, slip detection, PCM controlled transmission, electric mirrors, rear window defogger, keyless entry and trunk opener, gas shock hood lifters, or with 10 different wiper speed settings. For many cars an RPM gauge was a luxury; this one shows you oil pressure and voltage. Even electric windows was a luxury back then let alone these features.

Shit, I ****ed up the generations. 4th is the one you have right? I meant to write about the 3rd which just gave me an impression of being backwards with tech.

I don't doubt the 4th was advanced (like the Japanese cars were at the time) with its tech and power. But still, do you believe it has the same qualities as the first Camaro? It's pretty heavy already, has big overhangs. It's a boat, a small boat, but still a boat. I just can't think of the 5th as so much different.

That's fine, but as far as automotive design goes it's a pretty good one. Every thing coordinates, nothing seems out of place. It's actually much more popular than the 98-02 Camaros when it comes to design. It does seem ugly from some angles, but you can definitely see the beauty of its design when you look at it from the 2nd story of a building. It has a very exotic look to it.

I absolutely agree, and I think the facelift wasn't the most successful as far as improving looks goes - Mustang (vastly) improved with the lift, Camaro didn't.

I ****ed the numbers so what I meant was the edgy 3rd one.

bahahaha oh really? Right, because there's obviously other things more important than chassis. Let's build a super car on minivan chassis and not judge it by its chassis then, what do you think?

A car is it's chassis. When you build a car on a heavy chassis from a sedan, of course that will make it heavier and slower. F-Body chassis were always designed specifically for Camaros and Firebirds. I don't care who made it, I care what it was made to be. If it wasn't made to be a Camaro, it's obviously not as suitable as it'd have been for a Camaro. As far as I'm concerned the new Camaro is a cool bodykit on top of a GTO.

What I meant was, you talk about 'F-Body' as though the designation was more important to you than the actual chassis.

Now that you told me about this chassis being heavy etc, I get you. It was made to hold gigantic Holden boats together, so damn. It's gonna be heavy.

I think the new Camaro has a similar problem to the current Jaguar XKR - they increase power all the time, and yet they can't get it much lower than 5s 0-60.

...BTW you got rear seats in your ride? If so, how much room is in there? Ideally, shoot someone in the back (take a photo of them sitting in the back), more ideally, a female.

GTR
06-27-2011, 09:23 PM
You're probably right, hopefully GM designs a new chassis so it feels closer to a cool bodykit on a Solstice with a V8 and obviously newly made.

Would it have been better if they shortened the Corvette chassis or something?
They'd probably have to make big changes to the Vette chassis to make it work, but the independent rear suspension with leaf springs would've been much lighter. For some reason they thought after 4 generations of back breaking stiffness, ride quality matters this time.

I don't doubt the 4th was advanced (like the Japanese cars were at the time) with its tech and power. But still, do you believe it has the same qualities as the first Camaro? It's pretty heavy already, has big overhangs. It's a boat, a small boat, but still a boat. I just can't think of the 5th as so much different.
Yeah but it's not that bad. It's only 3450lbs, about the same as other sports cars. The new Camaro is about 300lbs heavier.

I absolutely agree, and I think the facelift wasn't the most successful as far as improving looks goes - Mustang (vastly) improved with the lift, Camaro didn't.
I always hated the pre-facelift Mustangs and loved the facelift Mustangs. It did make a huge difference.

...BTW you got rear seats in your ride? If so, how much room is in there? Ideally, shoot someone in the back (take a photo of them sitting in the back), more ideally, a female.
Yeah, I do. That can be arranged, but, why?

MuscleCarFreak
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I do. That can be arranged, but, why?
Camaro + Chick in the back = Fap Material?

GTR
06-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Camaro + Chick in the back = Fap Material?

Oh.

sister
cousin
Girl I'm seeing
Girl I'm seeing #2
Girl I'm seeing #3

What am I supposed to tell her though? "Hey sit in the back of my car while I take a picture..." isn't that a lil weird?

Sir Tristan
06-28-2011, 04:36 AM
Oh.

Shit man, it's not like that. I just think it would make a good picture, and bring out the legs. Using a big *** camera could gain it a Photography status or some shit. It would also illustrate to me how much room there is in the back.

My real dream is for this to happen in a MY OWN 911.

sister
cousin
Girl I'm seeing
Girl I'm seeing #2
Girl I'm seeing #3

I see.

What am I supposed to tell her though? "Hey sit in the back of my car while I take a picture..." isn't that a lil weird?

Yeah that is a bit weird. Dunno. Sit in the back with her maybe, cos it's cosy/private (you got it tinted to the max) lol...

GTR
06-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah that is a bit weird. Dunno. Sit in the back with her maybe, cos it's cosy/private (you got it tinted to the max) lol...
Forget the tint, have you seen my massive B pillars? lol

Yeah good idea actually. I dunno if I could make it that artistic though lol...maybe a cell pic? haha

kingcars66
06-29-2011, 08:58 AM
You don't see because you don't know. A 17 year old engine that I can connect my laptop to is obviously ahead of its time.

What about my 22 year old engine? ;)

Except for luxury cars, I rarely see a car from the early 90s with cruise control and memory, traction control, slip detection, PCM controlled transmission, electric mirrors, rear window defogger, keyless entry and trunk opener, gas shock hood lifters, or with 10 different wiper speed settings. For many cars an RPM gauge was a luxury; this one shows you oil pressure and voltage. Even electric windows was a luxury back then let alone these features.

One of my favorite things about older cars is that they DON'T have stuff like traction control and slip detection. All my car has is a posi-traction rear end and a clutch pedal; that's all I need. Plenty of cars in the 80s (like mine) had electric mirrors, trunk opener, cruise control, oil pressure and voltage gauges (which sucked though...I put better ones in mine), tachs, rear window defoggers, and lots of wiper speed settings. So I would say that "ahead of its time" in regards to those things isn't totally true...but moreso with the traction control and stuff. But me personally, I'd rather not have TC.

That's fine, but as far as automotive design goes it's a pretty good one.

I'm not sure about the earlier generation like yours, but with the 98-02s, don't you have to jack the car up then remove the engine through the bottom of the car?

I totally agree here. I think the 93-02s are way better than the current gen Camaro; I def wouldn't mind having one. The new ones are just way to bulky...it's more like a tank than a muscle car. The earlier models were light weight and had killer power plants...yum LS1. Even the LT1 was great for its time. Some simple bolt ons and you're a street menace.

PS - good luck on ROTM. I voted for ya! :)

GTR
06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
What about my 22 year old engine? ;)

One of my favorite things about older cars is that they DON'T have stuff like traction control and slip detection. All my car has is a posi-traction rear end and a clutch pedal; that's all I need. Plenty of cars in the 80s (like mine) had electric mirrors, trunk opener, cruise control, oil pressure and voltage gauges (which sucked though...I put better ones in mine), tachs, rear window defoggers, and lots of wiper speed settings. So I would say that "ahead of its time" in regards to those things isn't totally true...but moreso with the traction control and stuff. But me personally, I'd rather not have TC.

I'm not sure about the earlier generation like yours, but with the 98-02s, don't you have to jack the car up then remove the engine through the bottom of the car?

I totally agree here. I think the 93-02s are way better than the current gen Camaro; I def wouldn't mind having one. The new ones are just way to bulky...it's more like a tank than a muscle car. The earlier models were light weight and had killer power plants...yum LS1. Even the LT1 was great for its time. Some simple bolt ons and you're a street menace.

PS - good luck on ROTM. I voted for ya! :)
Thanks man! Yeah TC and slip detection were introduced in 94. The PCM stuff really came to life with the LT1 eventhough it was present in TPI and TBI. As for the other features, like I said, you'd usually find them on luxury cars not cheap muscle cars. My car when it was new was what, 25 grand?

The LS1 is definitely wayyyy better than the LT1 that's for sure. I might get an LQ9 swap if I have enough money one day. For now I gotta put up with the LT1 engine. It's a good engine though, it's fast, it's not too bad on gas, parts are cheap...

As far as I know they lift UP the engine from the hood but removing it from the bottom shouldn't be impossible.

Mr. Sting Ray
06-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks man! Yeah TC and slip detection were introduced in 94. The PCM stuff really came to life with the LT1 eventhough it was present in TPI and TBI. As for the other features, like I said, you'd usually find them on luxury cars not cheap muscle cars. My car when it was new was what, 25 grand?

The LS1 is definitely wayyyy better than the LT1 that's for sure. I might get an LQ9 swap if I have enough money one day. For now I gotta put up with the LT1 engine. It's a good engine though, it's fast, it's not too bad on gas, parts are cheap...

As far as I know they lift UP the engine from the hood but removing it from the bottom shouldn't be impossible.

Trust me man, removing the engine from up top is such a *****. Only way I've "easily" gotten LT1s out is dropping them. Part of the reason why I prefer 3rd Gens more. Be wary of Optispark in your car.

GTR
06-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Trust me man, removing the engine from up top is such a *****. Only way I've "easily" gotten LT1s out is dropping them. Part of the reason why I prefer 3rd Gens more. Be wary of Optispark in your car.

I see people do it all the time on the forums, but yeah I guess you won't have to take the tranny off the engine if you pull it from underneath.

Yeah the optispark is a *****, thankfully I put an OEM one in there few months after I got it and was careful not to get any water in there. I even bought a spare one in case anything went wrong lol.

Mr. Sting Ray
06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
You haven't had any issues with that dreadful water pump have you?

GTR
07-04-2011, 06:42 AM
You haven't had any issues with that dreadful water pump have you?

Yeah I thought the water pump is bad since my opti went out and my car was overheating, but turns out it was fine. It was the coolant temp sensor.

Mati04
07-04-2011, 08:26 AM
looks amazing man. Good work :)

GTR
11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Just because.
yiP6h1W8OwE
Oh and uh, sorry about my super enthusiastic buddy filming it. He's not used to this kinda stuff, he owns a Civic Si. hahaha

D4RKCOD3
11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Just because.
yiP6h1W8OwE
Oh and uh, sorry about my super enthusiastic buddy filming it. He's not used to this kinda stuff, he owns a Civic Si. hahaha

Man, the first part of the video almost made me dizzy. Insane.

Pretty Hate Machine
11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice)

GTR
11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Man, the first part of the video almost made me dizzy. Insane.

lol really? I felt more jizzy than dizzy. haha

Tails_16v
11-17-2011, 07:31 AM
yiP6h1W8OwE

Dude, your right brakelight is busted. :D

Vic1
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Just because.
yiP6h1W8OwE
That is completely awesome.

Sir Tristan
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
That Persian? haha cool.

StigSRB
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I really like your ride.If I were in America near you,I would ask you for a photoshot with it.:)
It always amazed me how you can get a great car for relatively low price in USA...

GTR
11-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Dude, your right brakelight is busted. :D

Yeah I figured. I fixed that lol

TruePro
11-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Just because.
yiP6h1W8OwE

I could barely hear the engine. lol

GTR
11-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I could barely hear the engine. lol

Did you watch it till the end?

But yeah I always have the cutout closed. The open cutout makes my ears bleed. lol.

inflam52
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM

Actually, I think you could be wrong. I believe it's the complete opposite. In 1987, Mitsubishi released the Mitsubishi HSR (http://www.carstyling.ru/ru/car/1987_mitsubishi_hsr_i/) and later released the HSR-II (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1989-mitsubishi-hsr-concept-car.htm). This concept later turned into the Mitsubishi HSX (http://www.stealth316.com/2-mt1-90.htm) then became the production Mitsubishi 3000GT. The HSR was released 2 years prior to the Camaro concept and holds similar design qualities

Taken from Wikipedia:
"HSR (1987) The first vehicle was a showcase for Mitsubishi's integrated electronic systems offering automatic control of drive train, suspension, steering, brakes, and driving position according to driving conditions or weather.[2] It was powered by a 2.0 litre 16 valve turbocharged engine producing 295 bhp (220 kW; 299 PS), had a maximum speed claimed by the factory at 300 km/h (186 mph)."

1987 Mitsubishi HSR (http://www.carstyling.ru/ru/car/1987_mitsubishi_hsr_i/)
http://www.carstyling.ru/Static/SIMG/420_0_I_MC_jpg_W/resources/concept/87mitsubishi_hsr1_1.jpg?35AD4B976F3DD8928DD167F426 43AED6

1989 Mitsubishi HSR-II (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1989-mitsubishi-hsr-concept-car.htm)
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/1989-mitsubishi-hsr-concept-car-1.jpg (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1989-mitsubishi-hsr-concept-car.htm)

D4RKCOD3
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
^Dude, even before that, in 1986, Chevrolet had the Corvette Indy Concept:

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/1986_chevrolet_corvette_indy.jpg

It's here that such a lineage of design starts. Plus, remember that at the time Japanese carmakers were starting to develop sports cars aimed at the US, hence such designs.

GTR
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
...And apart from that, the Iroc Concept debuted in January of 1989, so I don't see how they could copy another 1989 concept. As for the 1987 HSR concept...I'm not sure if they even could be influenced. lol.

But man, the 89 HSR-II sure looks pretty sick. It definitely resembles Mazda RX-7 that came out a few years later.