View Full Version : NFS HP2 Problem with Vista

icytenia
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I recently moved from XP SP3 to Vista Home Premium. I installed my NFS HP2 on my new computer, and then went in a found the cars.ini file, tried to edit it, and found that it was read-only. I tried to change the read-only status, but soon discovered that I was trying to edit the file on the CD. Is there any way to fully install the game onto the computer, or create a file that I can direct NFS HP2 to look at for my cars?

Thanks much for support.

06FERRARIENZO
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
look in the folder where you installed it and there should be a cars folder in it.

icytenia
05-28-2009, 04:07 PM
right. I looked at that file, but no where could I find what I wanted to change. I wanted to change the price of the car... and that's only in the cars.ini file on the CD

DodgeBoy
05-28-2009, 04:10 PM
There is a no CD hack floating around on the web. Google it and you will find it.

icytenia
05-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Mmk I googled it and found the hack, but i still can't run it without the CD. I got the hack from playground.ru, and it told me to replace the .exe with the one from the Executable Archive. Anybody know what to do?

J19000
06-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Can someone help?

I bought hot pursuit 2 and installed it on my system, but for some strange reason the graphics while racing are floating around with blue glitches/pop ups and the frame rate is pretty bad, any suggestions?

Vista Home Basic
1 GB RAM
1.73GHz, 533MHz

Dark Stealth_Hunter
06-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Mmk I googled it and found the hack, but i still can't run it without the CD. I got the hack from playground.ru, and it told me to replace the .exe with the one from the Executable Archive. Anybody know what to do?

simple, u drag the .exe from the .zip folder and put it in the HP2 folder.