View Full Version : Official October 2009 Ride of the Month Nominations

Bl0cks
09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Following the big showdown from last month, lets keep it going with the October 2009 Ride of the Month Nominations. Nominate any eligible car that has proof, just don't nominate yourself.

Rules:
1. ROTM nominations for 2 weeks. Only the first 5 with the most nominations will be selected for the final rotm.
2. Non Running cars will NOT be allowed to be nominated
3. Members who wish to nominate, may only NOMINATE or 2ND ONE Ride only.. .. You may not do both.
Example: Bob nominates a Lotus Exige, but Sam wants to nominate a ride and the Lotus. Sam can only nominate another ride, or +1 the Lotus.

Nominations will end on Friday September 18th, 2009 at 11:59pm Central Time. Lets get those nominations in and best of luck!

Sinister
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Hondamans' Red Rage Chevy s10.

DodgeBoy
09-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Linkin's BMW.

Manic
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
2FAST4U's T-bird.

Tubaman
09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
BLOcks Buick...

Bl0cks
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry Tubaman but my car isn't currently running. Thanks though!

EVO9MR
09-02-2009, 03:53 PM
...t3ku's fairlday

theo
09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
+1 Linkins Beemr

-theo

Imprezzive
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Linkin's E30 kthx.

MuscleCarFreak
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Vette's CRXSi

Why Not?

Bookmaker
09-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Sinatra's Galaxie!

Tubaman
09-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Sorry Tubaman but my car isn't currently running. Thanks though!

all too bad:'(,Ok Shakes Corrado then

TheCarTester
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
GTR's Camaro Z28

Bl0cks
09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Talk about a lot of different nominations o.O. Im going to have to
+1 Hondaman's Red Rage

Meastro444
09-03-2009, 05:34 PM
+1 GTR's Z28

Nik.
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Red Rage.

/Nik.

Apocalypse
09-04-2009, 01:12 AM
GTR's Camaro

MuscleCarFreak
09-04-2009, 04:08 PM
LOL @ all the Chevy S10 votes......

nextgentechnologies
09-04-2009, 04:38 PM
gtrs camaro

hondaman
09-04-2009, 09:07 PM
LOL @ all the Chevy S10 votes......
Why? Is there any particular reason why it shouldn't deserve a nomination?

My nomination goes to GTR's Camaro again this month.

FEAR
09-04-2009, 10:10 PM
+1, E30 is awesome.

Primus
09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
+1, E30 is awesome.

Make that another +1 for the E30.

MuscleCarFreak
09-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Why? Is there any particular reason why it shouldn't deserve a nomination?
Dont get me wrong, you've taken decent care of the truck dispite the mud fest it's been in, but isn't it just a regular S10 with dual tips, a CB, and aftermarket guages?
When I think of "Ride of the Month," I think something about a ride has to really stand out above the rest.
Regular vehicles you see tons of everyday just like it should not be a "Ride of the Month."

What I'm laughing at is the amount of people who are nominating things that most people completely ignore, because they see it so much. Not because it's a S10.
Ever heard of the expression, "The wind blows everyday. You just learn to ignore it?"

Now as for some of the cars that is really worth looking at and voting for, you cant say, "They have already won."
Not all of them.
Personally I think alot of people here nominates whatever vehicle, because;
1: They like that guy
2: They want to be different
3: They think they are funny
4: They don't know what they are talking about
5: They don't want to see someone else win
and/or
6: They still think a car that won sometime last year cant be nominated because that said car has already won, because they dont pay a lick of attention.

Now, this being said, I know alot of people assume that my pusy just hurts because nobody nominates my car(s) but it's not the case.
I know there are alot of people who seriously dislikes my car(s) and thats ok. What more reason not to nominate them?
But I also believe some people aren't nominating my shit because they "Seen it enough on the main page, (Because the mods, or whoever, gave up on ROTM and didn't at least take it down, til Bl0cks revived it.)"
or, they just dont like me, which is fine. They can dislike me all they want.
If my "crying and *****ing" pisses people off, it's because they dont listen or doesn't want to hear it because I might have damaged their tiny ego.. Whatever the case, I just ranted for way to long.

Take this message anyway you guys want. At this point I dont really care. I'll just keep doing and saying what I believe is fitting til someone "special" has enough. My reputation has been on a decline for quite some time, so its not like I'm hurting it.

Sinister
09-05-2009, 07:44 PM
so? Because we've seen a car on the road so frequently, and tend to ignore it, we shouldn't nominate it for the rotm, and instead nominate chucky?

If that was the case, GTRs camaro and Linkin's BMW e30 wouldnt be nominated either as they are seen frequently every day.

Maybe people just want a different ROTM, not the same ones over and over., No one has nominated Imprezzive's Subaru, Robs Silvia, or any of the other previous winners this year again. No matter, users vote for what they like.

you are responsible for your own reputation failing, so if anything blame yourself.

DodgeBoy
09-05-2009, 07:44 PM
I guess my car isn't worthy of nomination being that it's a grandma sedan which isn't cool with the kids. Supercharged or not.

Sinister
09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I guess my car isn't worthy of nomination being that it's a grandma sedan which isn't cool with the kids. Supercharged or not.

according to MCF's philosophy, you would be correct.

MuscleCarFreak
09-05-2009, 07:55 PM
so? Because we've seen a car on the road so frequently, and tend to ignore it, we shouldn't nominate it for the rotm, and instead nominate chucky?
You guys can do what you want. Why would my opinion of ROTM be the desiding factor? I just stated that I thought it was funny... think of it this way. You never see ROTM in Hotrod or Mustang 5.0 Magazine thats just an average work car.
and...
I have already stated that I dont care if you nominate my car. If you want to continue overlooking that, feel free.

If that was the case, GTRs camaro and Linkin's BMW e30 wouldnt be nominated either as they are seen frequently every day.Notice I dont vote for the Camaro, but it does have a few things here and there that really sets itself from all the other plain Camaros...
Linkin's BMW has alot of shit done to it... again stands out from a regular e30. I know you understand me, so dont appear to pick and choose every other word in my post.

Maybe people just want a different ROTM, not the same ones over and over., No one has nominated Imprezzive's Subaru, Robs Silvia, or any of the other previous winners this year again. No matter, users vote for what they like.
Exactly... There are still a number of cars people could be nominating, but they are choosing to nominate something different. Thats what I was saying.

you are responsible for your own reputation failing, so if anything blame yourself.
of course, I'm blaming myself. People hate it when your not kissing *** and saying what they want to hear.

according to MCF's philosophy, you would be correct.
I happen to like DodgeBoy's car. Fits the Sleeper look. Alot of things going on with that car, and if you dont know what your looking at, it appears to be a regular car.

AGAIN! If there is something that stands out in a vehicle that sets itself apart from the same ol same ol, it gets my vote.... Are you guys really that damn stupid, or are you actually reading?

Sinister
09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
no, just taking your wording at face value, if someone looked at dodgeboys car without watching it in action or following his thread they would ignore it just as you said about any stock looking vehicle.

hondaman
09-05-2009, 08:12 PM
@MCF: Point taken. Personally (and I'm not saying this applies to my car, or anyone else's) I also look at how much effort has gone into the car, as well as how special the car may be to the owner.

For example, if someone has a plain old 1990's Lincoln Towncar that they are restoring to factory because it was their dad's, I might think it deserves a ROTM nomination, even though I see a ton of them, and it's no different than any other Towncar. Or maybe a guy is taking his first car that he's had for years, and turning it from an old piece of junk into a really nice ride, even if it is still just a plain old Toyota. To me, these cars are cooler than someone who just buys a fast car off the showroom floor.

Pretty much every car nominated so far this month has had a ton of hard, appreciable work done to it. I know Linkin and T3ku have put a lot of time and money in their cars. GTR too, but I've really been wanting him to win for a while cause I think his Camaro is gorgeous, lol... (not saying the others aren't)

I won't say why I think my S10 may have been voted for because I don't want to sound like I'm promoting myself, but my truck is very special to me for a good reason, and to me at least, that separates it from the other S10's out there. Maybe that's why they voted for me, maybe not, but I appreciate the votes either way.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm offering a different viewpoint. To me at least, a ROTM shouldn't depend on numbers and material uniqueness alone.

As for why your car hasn't gotten any nominations...for me at least, it's just cause you haven't updated your thread in forever and I kind of forgot about it. Post some pictures up man! It'd be nice to see your Nova up and running out somewhere.

And regarding the "mods" that gave up on the ROTM...that was me. Due to a combined reduction in the amount of response to the contest and the increasing workload at my job. I appreciate Bl0cks jump starting it back here recently.

MuscleCarFreak
09-05-2009, 08:30 PM
@MCF: Point taken. Personally (and I'm not saying this applies to my car, or anyone else's) I also look at how much effort has gone into the car, as well as how special the car may be to the owner.

For example, if someone has a plain old 1990's Lincoln Towncar that they are restoring to factory because it was their dad's, I might think it deserves a ROTM nomination, even though I see a ton of them, and it's no different than any other Towncar. Or maybe a guy is taking his first car that he's had for years, and turning it from an old piece of junk into a really nice ride, even if it is still just a plain old Toyota. To me, these cars are cooler than someone who just buys a fast car off the showroom floor.

Pretty much every car nominated so far this month has had a ton of hard, appreciable work done to it. I know Linkin and T3ku have put a lot of time and money in their cars. GTR too, but I've really been wanting him to win for a while cause I think his Camaro is gorgeous, lol... (not saying the others aren't)

I won't say why I think my S10 may have been voted for because I don't want to sound like I'm promoting myself, but my truck is very special to me for a good reason, and to me at least, that separates it from the other S10's out there. Maybe that's why they voted for me, maybe not, but I appreciate the votes either way.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm offering a different viewpoint. To me at least, a ROTM shouldn't depend on numbers and material uniqueness alone.

As for why your car hasn't gotten any nominations...for me at least, it's just cause you haven't updated your thread in forever and I kind of forgot about it. Post some pictures up man! It'd be nice to see your Nova up and running out somewhere.

And regarding the "mods" that gave up on the ROTM...that was me. Due to a combined reduction in the amount of response to the contest and the increasing workload at my job. I appreciate Bl0cks jump starting it back here recently.
.You indeed bring good points, and perhaps I'm judging to much by looks and modifications alone.

My car is on hold. At this point it serves no purpose to me, my reason for not caring if people nominate it or not.
Funds, house shopping, and future is keeping me from even thinking about the car most of the time.
The last time I even seen the car was two months ago when I worked on fine tuning the engine, driving down the road for about 10 miles, drove great BTW, and I parked it back in the garage. By now, it's probably going to run like shit again.

I respect your reply Hondaman. You had every opportunity to be a dick, but you replied impressively.

Nik.
09-05-2009, 08:32 PM

Hey quiet, Im driving a Volvo damnit.

SOCCERMOM CAR.

fd2black
09-05-2009, 11:44 PM
well on that note, I will vote for DodgeBoy's Grand Marquis. Absolutely love what he's done with it. :thumbsup:

Sinister
09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Front ROTM image updated to Sander.

2FAST4U
09-07-2009, 01:58 PM

Dont worry, I've done an automatic to 5 speed swap, built an engine from scratch, 2 engine swaps, and tons of other stuff and recognition is still pretty slow. That's what makes them sleepers! Though I do admit that it is frustrating when cars with hardly any real work done to them get loads of attention just because the car is well known and/or "cool." But that's life. For me, nothing makes me happier on any given day than driving the car around, and that's what matters.

On another note...it's supercharged? Sweeeeeet...just checked your thread. I like it :D . You get my nomination!

Primus
09-07-2009, 02:29 PM

Neither was mine; I guess old, mint, and rust-free classic Porches - despite being relatively common, although most examples are in poor condition - don't get nominated. It's not a Twin Turbo'ed Supra, which isn't cool with the kids.

I also completely agree with MCF on this one. I didn't expect so many ordinary cars to be nominated. With the exception of Linkin's 325 - which he has restored himself and which looks like it's been driven directly off the lot - I don't see a big deal with most of the 'ordinary' cars on this site. Only complete and passionately cared-for cars will get my vote or nomination.

RedTwentyFour
09-07-2009, 02:57 PM
dodgeboys mistress.

GTR
09-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Too much of a cop car. I was gonna nominate it if it wasn't for those gaurds. Honest.

+1 on Hondaman's S10. Remember when he drowned it in mudd and ****ed it up? Then he fixed it and cleaned it so much that you'd eat your lunch off of it. It's probably the hottest pickup truck in this website.

The fact that its a daily driver shouldn't hurt its chances for a nomination IMHO, in fact it should help. Besides, it doesn't matter what car you're talking about, you can always argue its too "ordinary". Well to the people who matter (members of this website) it isn't, and that should be enough.

Bl0cks
09-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Bumpizzle.

Couple more days left.

GTR
09-12-2009, 04:32 AM
lol...just read the tl;dr posts on here. lol wow Hondaman, thanks, feels great that this unpractical yanktank means to something to someone other than myself.

As for what MCF said, that people vote/dont vote for cars because of the person who owns it. I would agree to an extent, but I was very willing to vote for Dodgeboy's car, although he hates my guts. If it wasn't for that pathetic cop-look-alike guards...you all know how much I hate cops.

This guy "dark stealth hunter". I was nothing but a complete *** to him and yet he clearly expressed his interest in seeing my car win. Bajnup, who thinks of me as his bro, has never, not even once, nominated the car. Sure if you hate someone you feel a little hesitant but in the end its the car, not the person.

Bl0cks
09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I updated the deadline to Friday the 18th. I have an important exam this Friday, and wont be able to put the voting thread up tomorrow night/Thursday morning.