View Full Version : My 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T (Bora Bora)

thedupontys
12-08-2009, 01:17 AM
I bought this Jetta back in June 2008 after my blew my Saturn (Satty) up. Well, This Jetta is a 1.8T, I assume it is a Bora by Ekamieh, at least that's what it says on the door step. I have won LOTS of street races with this Jetta, but I try not to street race no more. I went to the drag striped and LOVED it, there I had a drive who raced it and he scored a 13.1177 at 106.86 in a 1/4 mile, beating my opponent by 3.0997 seconds. The Turbo on this car pushes 10 pounds of boost in 1st gear, 15 pounds in 2nd/3rd gear and 24 pounds in 4th/5th gear. I personally topped it out at 140 mph near the red line, and no I was not using NOS. Since I assumed this to be a Bora, I named it Bora Bora. The body kit it has I do not like so please don't bash me for ricing it out. I'm replacing the kit next year. This car also has a evolution cold air intake (I've heard those are really expensive). It is a 5 speed. I have to replace the clutch since this is my first stick shift I burnt it out racing one night, I've got a Clutch masters stage 4 with a aluminum fly wheel picked out. I have a 10 speaker stereo system. A Sony CDX-GT520 with 6 6 1/2 alpines max power 260 watts. and 4 tweeters, soon I will add 2 more 6 1/2 and possibly some subs in the trunk. It also has a upgraded brake system from EBC, huge rotors in the front with brake pads but only upgraded pads in the back on stock rotors. It has been lowed, it has a K&W kit on it. The rims are stock (I think stock) 18' with Nexium 3500 or 4500...I think. I love this car so much. I wouldn't sell it. here is the only picture I got. Enjoy.

Bl0cks
12-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums. If you could kindly supply proof of your car (instructions found here (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24048)), that would be great. Sounds like it has alot of work done to it.

thedupontys
12-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Ok, I'll try to get to it this week, Since my car is at my moms and I no longer live there. But yeah, I gotcha.

SLZ Roadstar
12-08-2009, 04:57 AM
No offense but frankly I didnt like the car much. A lot of work needs to be done on it.

BTW its strange. You joined in Oct 2002 & have 2 posts.

thedupontys
12-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Well I bought it like that. I'm going to be doing a lot of body work next year. That's really all that needs to be done. So it really isn't "a lot to be done."

FOX
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Failure to deliver proof of ownership results in lockdown of this thread. If it will remain closed indefinitely, unless actual proof is provided.
PM me with proof and I will unlock it [paper with title 'NFSCars', your name, car model and car name (if applicable) on it put through the gearbox stick].
For more information, refer to proof of ownership rules.