View Full Version : "The Hyundai" - 1995 Hyundai Accent GL - Sold

Beowulf
02-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Well, time to finally post the beast. That's all the proof you're getting until we move out to the country in a few months and start work on it.

I swear this car thinks its a Ferrari.

Manual, 5 speed, 1.5L engine. I joke it's got 85hp, but I have no idea really. It could be anything below the 92 stock. I'm hoping to change that some day. But this car will not transition in to a rally car, it will remain a driver car, likely being taken over by my girlfriend when I pick up the car that will become a rally car, and she gets her license.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Car/675A0052.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Car/675A0053.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Car/675A0054.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Car/675A0055.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Dostanuot/TakeALookAround/Car/675A0056.jpg

With spring we're going to do a maintenance overhaul, and put four new tires on it. What it has right now are 175/70R13 82S tires, and I am considering replacing them with 185/60R14 82H, including new wheels. They're close enough (less then 1%) in overall diameter to make no difference to the odometer or spedo, but will give me greater grip and a higher speed rating so I can let this girl loose when she wants.

nfslover101
02-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I used to see those ALL the time down here. Now I never see them lol! Never saw a 5-speed one before either, I like it. I would assume you get pretty amazing gas mileage with it?

Zpectre
02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
One of the few cars to come stock in pink color. This thing shouldn't be owned by anyone who likes cars... :P

3ni_2nr
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
OHAI! Flooded with those over here. The're thought to be the nemesis of the Nissan B-13 Sentra.

nissan_370Z
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
few years ago everyone had this or something similar where i live. now it's all BMW and Mercedes lol.

Beowulf
02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
One of the few cars to come stock in pink color. This thing shouldn't be owned by anyone who likes cars... :P

That's what everyone thinks until the pink Ferrari-wannabe blob screeches by on the highway at ~180km/h.

Necrology
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Didn't drink that poison I sent you I see.

Neat car, perfect for an evil dictator. It's so bland it's almost invisible!

Killua
02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I remember many years ago when I was like 5, these cars were like the coolest thing you could afford with a small budget. Now I ocasionally see them around, although most of them are very beaten up. Atleast it has a Mitsubishi engine in it... I think.

What happened with the 505?

Nik.
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Chop the roof off.

nissan_370Z
02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Chop the roof off.

then it would be a f430 spider wanna be :P not just a ferrari wanna be

Zpectre
02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
That's what everyone thinks until the pink Ferrari-wannabe blob screeches by on the highway at ~180km/h.

I don't believe it. :P

My own car has 101 bhp and won't go much more than 180 km/h... It could be faster than that, but I'm not able to test it safely since the roads where I live are horrible... Full of corners, holes and bad drivers.

My Polo should be a bit heavier than that blob, though.

AJ_Lethal
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Take much care of it, here in cr are one of the crappiest cars to buy

DodgeBoy
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Hyundai - because you fail at life.

Beowulf
02-19-2010, 06:26 AM
Eh, it's cheap, it's good on gas, and nobody suspects it.

My plan, in the next few years, is to swap a 210hp Tiburon engine and drive train in to it, since they'll take. Swap out some lighter body panels, especially around the engine to keep it under 1000kg. Hopefully keep it looking the same. Then I'll have one crazy pink, four-door Hyundai Accent of doom. Or rather my girlfriend will, as hopefully by the end of 2010 I'll have picked up a 944.

Primus
02-19-2010, 08:34 AM

My plan, in the next few years, is to swap a 210hp Tiburon engine and drive train in to it, since they'll take. Swap out some lighter body panels, especially around the engine to keep it under 1000kg. Hopefully keep it looking the same. Then I'll have one crazy pink, four-door Hyundai Accent of doom. Or rather my girlfriend will, as hopefully by the end of 2010 I'll have picked up a 944.

:D

10char

AJ_Lethal
02-20-2010, 01:09 PM

And dont forget the roll cage (TORSION!)

Beowulf
02-23-2010, 07:29 AM
And dont forget the roll cage (TORSION!)

Poses a huge problem for the need to keep it useful as an every day car, and not-noticeable for its performance. So I may opt for a very subdued sub-frame rather then a roll cage. Something that is easily hidden on the underside of the car.

Beowulf
04-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I need to start calling this car the Hyundaiari. Seriously. I just moved out 60km from the city, with a 110km/h highway most of the way in, and damn. I've been averaging 130km/h+ in this car easily.

Seriously, there's one ell of a rush when you're going up a hill at 140km/h, and still accelerating while passing a 2009 Boss Mustang in an 82hp four-door Hyundai accent that's 15 years old.

mecha
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
when you go, and the other guy's not really moving, you're not really winning any races. food for thought --fill in the blank here--

Beowulf
04-29-2010, 08:52 AM
when you go, and the other guy's not really moving, you're not really winning any races. food for thought --fill in the blank here--

I think you're missing the point that said crappy car is acceclerating up a hill. The fact that we passed a Boss Mustang was just hilarious as it happened.

Beowulf
05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Update. Changed the oil and filter this weekend and noticed somebody did a botched repair on the flex pipe. That's where the Hyundaiarri's loud V10 engine noise comes from.

DJMantis
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Update. Changed the oil and filter this weekend and noticed somebody did a botched repair on the flex pipe. That's where the Hyundaiarri's loud V10 engine noise comes from.

You've only got the 10? Should've put in the extra five grand for the V12 model :P

Beowulf
06-18-2010, 06:35 PM
The Hyundaiarri blew a tire, punctured the body, and is in pretty bad shape. We've decided it's not worth getting a new flex pipe in and repairing everything, so we've decided to get a new car. We're getting a 2006 Corrola Monday, hopefully, and we're trading the Hyundaiarri in. They're giving us $1000 for it, which goes a long way towards the $6990 price for the Toyota. Damned cheap for a 06 Corrola, and it's in perfect condition.

3ni_2nr
06-18-2010, 08:05 PM
It will be missed.

The 06 Corolla is nice. It has that Lexus touch to it. However the best Corolla imo, is the E100 with 4A-GE engine. It's transmission and suspension is near indestructible.

Beowulf
06-28-2010, 07:44 PM
So the Corolla thing took forever, mostly due to idiots working in the financing department of the dealer. We ended up paying outright on a private loan. The Hyundaiarri is no more, will bring out the Corolla later this week if I have time and it's nice out.

Beowulf
06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, I put the Corolla into the ditch this last winter.

Considering it was the worst blizzard we had around here in years, and I was running nearly bald all-seasons that were crap new when they came with the car, I think I did alright. Cracked air dam, few dents. Nothing major. I hit the ditch I was aiming to get into.

Yea, that's right, I put it in the ditch intentionally. It was the ditch, or the Atlantic Ocean. I think I made the right choice.

Kracka
06-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Pics or it didnt happen.

RedCarDriver
06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Okay, how exactly was that sensible? Unless, of course, the car was going to end up totaled anyway and you actually saved your life and/or your passengers' lives - I don't entirely understand the "Atlantic Ocean" part. Also, probably not a good idea to tell your insurance company that you put it into the ditch on purpose - unless, again, it was the only way to avoid worse damage or injuries, in which case they'd probably understand.

09Challenger
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
That is one cooolaiehlfkjsdiflkn lkc,nzoa. But there is iasdljkfidmc,zn civlk sdfa;k.... if you want, you can doaksdjnc m,z ldjfhgaljkfdsfakdf;a kd. Good luck with youidslksjd falhlkj ;)

Beowulf
06-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Okay, how exactly was that sensible? Unless, of course, the car was going to end up totaled anyway and you actually saved your life and/or your passengers' lives - I don't entirely understand the "Atlantic Ocean" part. Also, probably not a good idea to tell your insurance company that you put it into the ditch on purpose - unless, again, it was the only way to avoid worse damage or injuries, in which case they'd probably understand.

What's not to understand. Going down a steep hill with a turn at the bottom. No traction. Intensely slippery with ice and blowing snow. Choice is go into the ditch (Turn right), or go into the Atlantic ocean which is to the left and the bottom of the road past the turn. Making the turn at the bottom was not going to happen. You're apparently from Arizona, so I will not at this point in the year, in this location, the Atlantic Ocean is just barely not solid ice. So going in the ocean was the least desirable option.

Kracka: I can give you pictures of the scratch and crack. I never contacted my insurance, as I have no need to. It was only me involved, and I had a friend help me drag it out of the ditch. Had a few mechanic friends look it over to confirm my thoughts that it was fine, and done.