View Full Version : World Online Beta FAQ / Discussion / Review and Report Ingame Bugs

Sinister
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Discuss what you think of World online so far, as well as reporting any bugs you may have found.

Question
How Do I report Bugs?

Answer
To report a bug, you must first have access to the Need for Speed World beta program. After logging in with your account info, please click the Report a Bug button, located beneath the Play Now button on the NFSW home page.

You may also click the Report a Bug link under Contact Us from the support page.

Before reporting a bug, please take a few moments to search our forums and knowledge base to see if your issue has already been reported. If your search is unsuccessful, please follow the posting guidelines:

1. Select the category that best defines your bug.
2. Please only describe the steps taken to reproduce your problem. Do not include any opinions.
3. If you can, please include a screenshot of the issue.

Question
Why haven't I been Accepted into the Need for Speed World Beta Program?

Answer
The first few beta test sessions of Need for Speed World will be extremely limited.

If you do not receive an acceptance e-mail for a specific test session, don't fret! You may still be selected for one of the additional sessions in the future as we will be approving more applicants to participate throughout the Beta period.

We appreciate your patience!

Question
What are the Minimum System Requirements for Need for Speed World?

Answer
To effectively run Need for Speed World, your computer should meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:

* Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
* DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
* CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0 GHz or AMD X2 4000+ at 2.1GHz or greater
* RAM: 2 GB
* Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible. At least Shader Model 2.0 support
* Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
* Hard Drive: 4 GB of space is required to install the game
* Internet: 128kbit/s Cable/DSL connection
* Optical Drive: Not required / NFS WORLD is download only and not available on PCCD / DVD
* Direct X: Version 9.0c
* Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps connection; 2-8 Players
* Input: Keyboard, Mouse
o Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analog Gamepad

*Notes:
Some Laptops may play World Online, for best results use Windowed mode.
Compatibility Issues may arise as well, to change that:
- Run as Administrator and choose Windows XP + Service Pack 3 for Compatibility.

ElvenAvenger
03-06-2010, 10:11 AM
so far, its been good. driving model, which is probably one of most important things in a racing game is great IMO. there is no this stupid "Tuner Muscle Exotic" handling class, only Tier 1 Tier 2 and Tier 3. though i have to admit the only Muscle in the game, Charger R/T(69) is quite useless. under 200km/h top speed, mediocre acceleration, heavy, and big.
BMW M3 GTR is dominant, again. top speeds are limited somehow, 3 best cars in the game( M3 GTR, R35, Gallardo LP 560) cant cross 277 km/h. so with all the top speeds being equal, and M3 gtr having best acceleration and handling out of those 3, its obvious that racing with any other car is useless.
most bugs are really minor, a graphical glitch here and there,
but there are bugs like traffic doing donuts in the middle of a junction or highway, crashing into you on purpose WITHOUT usage of powerups, swerving from lane to lane as if trying to block you, and doing 2 wheel driving on corners to finally flying around the place madly. one bug that is most annoying is that sometimes nitrous and perfect start make your car rocket to max speed in no time, and sometimes your car just behaves as if it was towing a truck with a trailer. i believe that in those few months they will fix all the bugs and add a lot of cars and tracks.
speaking of content, part of the game map is blocked off, only Rosewood in Rockport and Silverton in Palmont are avaible, rest is blocked off by the usual transparent walls you'd find when you tried to visit a part of city that is not unlocked yet.

the vinyl system is absolutely great, you move the vinyls from catalogue straight onto your car with your mouse to resize, rotate, skew, flip and color them. then comes the bad news, in beta its limited to 20 layers.

Sinister
03-06-2010, 10:50 AM
so far, its been good. driving model, which is probably one of most important things in a racing game is great IMO.

Based off the MW/Carbon Engine.

there is no this stupid "Tuner Muscle Exotic" handling class, only Tier 1 Tier 2 and Tier 3.
though i have to admit the only Muscle in the game Beta, Charger R/T(69) is quite useless. under 200km/h top speed, mediocre acceleration, heavy, and big.

Exactly as a Charger is in Real life, a Heavy Tank

BMW M3 GTR is dominant, again. top speeds are limited somehow, 3 best cars in the game( M3 GTR, R35, Gallardo LP 560) cant cross 277 km/h. so with all the top speeds being equal, and M3 gtr having best acceleration and handling out of those 3, its obvious that racing with any other car is useless.

Of course it is, no Surprise there. Sadly.
Tuning options which will be available in the Full Version will effectively increase the overall top speed of the Cars.

most bugs are really minor, a graphical glitch here and there,
but there are bugs like traffic doing donuts in the middle of a junction or highway, crashing into you on purpose WITHOUT usage of powerups, swerving from lane to lane as if trying to block you, and doing 2 wheel driving on corners to finally flying around the place madly.

These are the bugs you want to report.

one bug that is most annoying is that sometimes nitrous and perfect start make your car rocket to max speed in no time, and sometimes your car just behaves as if it was towing a truck with a trailer. i believe that in those few months they will fix all the bugs and add a lot of cars and tracks.

Craps Shoot.

speaking of content, part of the game map is blocked off, only Rosewood in Rockport and Silverton in Palmont are avaible, rest is blocked off by the usual transparent walls you'd find when you tried to visit a part of city that is not unlocked yet.

Of course it is, you cannot have the entire city in the beta.
Dividing the city into the sections and throughout the beta periods have different areas open, is easier to find and report the bugs which are seen, and the developers can fix them quicker.

the vinyl system is absolutely great, you move the vinyls from catalogue straight onto your car with your mouse to resize, rotate, skew, flip and color them. then comes the bad news, in beta its limited to 20 layers.
Again, you expect more from the beta?

zizo2010
03-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Here its my first bug.

I have two driver with tow different cars
1-Mitsubishi
2-Mazda
I delete the driver with Mazda
and when I Choose my other driver with Mitsubishi I didn't see my car .
and my other driver with Mitsubishi stuck with Mazda and play with it.

Sorry for my English

TUDOR_T_BEST
03-07-2010, 02:08 AM
What can I say... it was very umm... beta :P Anyway it looks good but I wish EA wouldn't use stuff from Undercover in it, mainly the cops... I mean sigh I'm not the only one who heard 'Tri-City'' and ''Palm Harbor'' on the police radio rite?

Anyway some stuph I'd wanna point out:

GREEN = Good features.
YELLOW = Flaws / bugs that are only in beta and will most likely be fixed.
RED = Flaws.

-Graphics are clear and shiny, although not much can be seen in the beta generally the graphics are pretty good except for the distance clipping which has existed in NFS since Most Wanted :P
-Cities (Rockport and Palmont) have been given a very good makeover, although I could only see a small portion of Palmont, Silverton.
-UI and general game design is awesome.
-There is collision between player > traffic and player > AI, but no collision between player > player.
-Cars handle very well. Should suite everybody but needs a bit more work...
-Upgrade system and power-up system are very good.
-When you engage in a police chase you get separated from the world.
-Has single player races as well.

-Apart from the fact that the police Civic Cruiser (level 1 and 2 in Most Wanted / Carbon) have been redesigned in to an awesome Charger SRT8, everything else about the cops and general police chases BLOWS. In fact, the police is completely taken from Undercover (and as you might now, police in Undercover sux). Police cars barely have any weight (for a Dodge Charger SRT8 I was expecting a little more resistance), escaping from the cops is child's play, level transition from 1 to 2 is way too quick, tickets (if you're dumb enough to actually get caught) are only 500$, and more...
-Paint system now relies fully on the mouse... that might be a good thing when you 1st look at it, but after a wile you'll realize that it's much easier to use the keyboard for fine placing the vinyls. Also the system is kinda' broken atm...
-Multiplayer side needs some serious work... believe it or not I, and pretty much everybody else, couldn't actually enter a multiplayer race.
-Game lags for most players. It's not made for weak machines although it should be...
-Other than paint (which is only matte, pearl and chrome) and vinyls there are no other customization options...
-Takes an embarrassing amount of time to load on start.
-Car list is poor.

-Although the power-up system is good, the power-ups themselves blow...
-Radio and police background music are from Undercra... Undercover.
-The BMW M3 GTR doesn't look like in Most Wanted and it's not paintable >:-(

EDIT: Forget about the loading time, it only loaded slow the 1st time.

ElvenAvenger
03-07-2010, 02:31 AM
@ Up

this is not BMW M3 GTR actually IMO. its just the M3 you saw in Pro Street, with widebody kit, a random spoiler, and some performance upgrades. not paintable? i could paint it as much as i could any other car.

on a side note, first wave beta testers stay and participate in upcoming beta phases or do we get "replaced"?

MostEdwardo1
03-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Bugs:
Some times the city geometry doesnt load veryfast

RuubW
03-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I've gathered some information about the game so far:

How does it run?
System: AMD Turion 64 X2, NVidia 8400M GS 256MB dedicated 1535MB max, 3GB DDR2
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional x86
Compatibility mode used for the game: none
Graphical settings: 1440x900x60, medium details
This gives me a pretty smooth performance, although chat and the menus seem to have quite a large amount of lag. Also, after playing for some time the game itself becomes a bit laggy.

Bugs
- Shadows of other cars are visible through roads (for example when I'm downhill, and another car is uphill, I can see its shadow through the road).
- Racing traffic: traffic is often driving very fast (like Elven said - for example driving very fast through corners).
- Chat and menu lag (or is it just my internet connection? Highly doubt it).
- Environment textures (road, building) sometimes take too long to load at the beginning of races.
- One time, the race start icon appeared when I was already in a race.
- Police units are not visible on the minimap (or is this something they overlooked / left out in the beta?).
- Traffic in the distance is often flickering (or is this because of my own GPU?)

Possible improvements/suggestions
- Vinyl with custom text
- Private chat (friends)
- Clans (+ chat)
- Improve visibility of components (i.e. better naming of menu options and larger chat window)
- Make single player races a tiny bit easier
- Make pursuits a bit easier. Every time I reach the cooldown, a cop appears right away.
They can also keep up with me perfectly.
- Camera: make an option to change the camera view with the "c" button and to look back
with the "b" button.
- Behind/ahead numbers for each opponent DURING the race (instead of when the race is finished).
- Please try to fix the 'syndrome' of opponentss driving perfectly as much as you can (not that
they drive perfectly now, but still)
- Please try to fix the issue of traffic suddenly changing lanes (like Elven said). Please make the process
a little slower and a bit more predictable.
- Make NOS cards more abundant or return to the good old recharging tank.
- User adjustable maximum framerate for best performance possible (like graphicsconfig.xml in Shift / Shift demo).
- Try to keep the game as 'light' as possible for best performance possible. <- Very general suggestion.
- Improve NOS effect
- Would it be possible to reduce traffic around corners? Traffic coming from behing bends and corners are a pain to avoid, and is often driving me crazy.
- Respawn function with "r" button.
- Avatar/name synching: I mean, a female avatar with the name "Hans" or "Jon" doesn't seem right to me.

Car specific
- Lotus Elise: I find the steering a bit too twitchy.

When I play some more, more suggestions might be added or some suggestions might be removed (like te one about pursuit difficulty - it's hard to make a judgment after only a few pursuits).

EDIT 7 March: menu and chat definitely seem a lot less laggy today. Perhaps the servers had a hard time coping with a busy saturday afternoon yesterday?
EDIT2 7 March: scratch that, chat is still laggy.

Sinister
03-07-2010, 10:39 AM
-Game lags for most players. It's not made for weak machines although it should be...
-Other than paint (which is only matte, pearl and chrome) and vinyls there are no other customization options...
-Takes an embarrassing amount of time to load on start.
-Car list is poor.
Car list is not the full list currently, It gives 'some' favorites for general testing.
Loading times, it's loading everything, its not horribly slow for me. It's no slower than any other games.
Lag times are Server Side Sync issues, NOT player side issues.

-Although the power-up system is good, the power-ups themselves blow...
-Radio and police background music are from Undercra... Undercover.
-The BMW M3 GTR doesn't look like in Most Wanted and it's not paintable >:-(
Jesus Fing Christ, Does it really matter if they Changed the BMW from game to game, it DOES NOT need to be the same BMW.
Are you referring to using the Powerups in general or the ones you have to choose from?
If you don't like them, don't use them.. I believe I've only used the Nos twice.

I've gathered some information about the game so far:

How does it run?
System: AMD Turion 64 X2, NVidia 8400M GS 256MB dedicated 1535MB max, 3GB DDR2
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional x86
Compatibility mode used for the game: none
Graphical settings: 1440x900x60, medium details
This gives me a pretty smooth performance, although chat and the menus seem to have quite a large amount of lag. Also, after playing for some time the game itself becomes a bit laggy.

As said above, the Lag is an issue with the servers.

Bugs
- Shadows of other cars are visible through roads (for example when I'm downhill, and another car is uphill, I can see its shadow through the road).
- Racing traffic: traffic is often driving very fast (like Elven said - for example driving very fast through corners).
- Chat and menu lag (or is it just my internet connection? Highly doubt it).
- Environment textures (road, building) sometimes take too long to load at the beginning of races.
- One time, the race start icon appeared when I was already in a race.
- Police units are not visible on the minimap (or is this something they overlooked / left out in the beta?).
- Traffic in the distance is often flickering (or is this because of my own GPU?)

All Of the above have been noted before.
Police units are not to be visible on the Minimap until you purchase Radar, which may or may not show up in future betas.

Possible improvements/suggestions
- Vinyl with custom text No, will be abused
- Private chat (friends) click on 'say' in the chat, then select whisper
- Clans (+ chat) Possible
- Improve visibility of components (i.e. better naming of menu options and larger chat window) Larger chat windows take away from Driving window space
- Make single player races a tiny bit easier learn to drive better
- Make pursuits a bit easier. Every time I reach the cooldown, a cop appears right away. Find a better Cooldown zone / Stop Running.
They can also keep up with me perfectly. use pursuit breakers, slam them disabling them
- Camera: make an option to change the camera view with the "c" button and to look back
with the "b" button. 'C' already changes camera views
- Behind/ahead numbers for each opponent DURING the race (instead of when the race is finished). may have simply been left out
- Please try to fix the 'syndrome' of opponents driving perfectly as much as you can (not that
they drive perfectly now, but still) most likely will be adjusted, but the object of the game is for Multiplayer not Single.
- Please try to fix the issue of traffic suddenly changing lanes (like Elven said). Please make the process
a little slower and a bit more predictable. Your reaction times should improve, but for the most part I had no issues with this.
- Make NOS cards more abundant or return to the good old recharging tank. NO. Single shot uses, and having to purchase refills is a better system, more planned uses rather than a constant
- User adjustable maximum framerate for best performance possible (like graphicsconfig.xml in Shift / Shift demo).
- Try to keep the game as 'light' as possible for best performance possible. <- Very general suggestion. The game is already quite light, considering the city size, details, textures, cars, etc.
- Improve NOS effect said above.
- Would it be possible to reduce traffic around corners? Traffic coming from behing bends and corners are a pain to avoid, and is often driving me crazy. Take wider or narrower corners
- Respawn function with "r" button.
- Avatar/name synching: I mean, a female avatar with the name "Hans" or "Jon" doesn't seem right to me. Its the choice of the player to choose what they want as an avatar. What happens of Jon 'feels' like a female, not having this would be discrimination to those type of people.

Car specific
- Lotus Elise: I find the steering a bit too twitchy. nearly all cars are twitchy at the moment

When I play some more, more suggestions might be added or some suggestions might be removed (like te one about pursuit difficulty - it's hard to make a judgment after only a few pursuits). Police difficulty is fine as is, you only have 5 levels to deal with, and currently they are all too easy.

EDIT 7 March: menu and chat definitely seem a lot less laggy today. Perhaps the servers had a hard time coping with a busy saturday afternoon yesterday?
EDIT2 7 March: scratch that, chat is still laggy.
I doubt the servers were updated throughout, I'm sure they will be worked on before the next beta though.

TUDOR_T_BEST
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
@ Up

this is not BMW M3 GTR actually IMO. its just the M3 you saw in Pro Street, with widebody kit, a random spoiler, and some performance upgrades. not paintable? i could paint it as much as i could any other car.

on a side note, first wave beta testers stay and participate in upcoming beta phases or do we get "replaced"?

It is M3 GTR. It was paintable? Hmm ok...

ElvenAvenger
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
just check in Pro Street if you have it, i guarantee you can find exact same bodykit and spoiler for BMW M3 E46.

Nfsfreak#1
03-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Good stuff:
-Map
I love how they added Rockport and Palmont back. I just love rollin' the streets of good ol' Rockport.
-Graphics
Awesome graphics, even on lower end PCs.
-Physics
They added the Carbon/MW Engine. YES! That was the best NFS Engine in my honest opinion. And it's back!
-Skills & Power-ups:
-I like how you can buy skills, which is a great new feature in NFS:W. You can now buy more weight while crashing, perfect launch, more NOS. Skills are good, but personally I dislike the Traffic Magnet, it's annoying.

Good but also bad:
-Cops
Remember how you're chillin' on tha' streets of Rockport/Palmont? With your best buddy? If your answer is yes, then you must know the feeling when you hit a police car. The only good stuff about the cops is the new Corvette / Civic cruiser, they look awesome!
-Traffic
You try to dodge it, they hit you while trying to DODGE YOU, you end up last/busted. Need I say more?

Bad:
-AI Racers names:
Example: Hans and his avatar is a girl...
-Lag:
Sometimes the EA servers lag up, and after a while you need to restart the game cause you get a huge FPS drop.

CVPI19
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Speaking of the cops seprate schemes should be made for the cities and not have the same agency from one city patrol the whole map. Like for areas in Rockport the cars there should have and say Rockport Police Department and the civic cruisers should have the same scheme as their predecessors from Most Wanted while the units from Palmont I like the scheme for them and should be used only in Palmont. Same goes for the GTOs, Rhino Light, Heavy and Supercharged, and the Corvettes. Now the helicopter from Most Wanted, Carbon and the Playstation 2 and Wii versions of Undercover has to go replace it with the one from the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of Undercover. Plus the COPMIDSIZEINT folder which is the cutscene of the old civic cruiser also has to go since its not being used at all in the game.

Sir Tristan
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Firstly, some people are very wrong about the driving engine.
There is no such thing as MW/C. Try driving a Murcielago in both, try driving a Mustang or Monaro in both.

Dunno what it is but from what you're saying I think it's MW because Carbon's handling and stupid division gave cars absurd handling properties.

I think the cops should be less in numbers but heavier, harder to out-manouver and more durable to make gameplay less unbelievably silly, more Hot Pursuit-ish.

_BLAHHEAD_
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
The minimal system requirements are way off right now, my computer doesn't meet or it only meets it and it runs very smooth, except for occasional internet lag.

NAMETYR
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Doesn't work anymore for me already... Must be a server maintenance.

EDIT: Forget my message, I was using wrong password :|

FOX
03-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Time for some feedback. For initial beta build, game is very good. I can't flame amount of cars or lack of complete city, as that would definitely be blatant and out of place.
AI is quite difficult to beat but note that they don't use powerups. So before you start complaining about that, read this.
Powerups themselves make the online play quite strategic, though from what I've seen, most don't use them in online matches.
Now, to avoid confusion - icons explained [left side of the screen, forming a D-pad]:

In race:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2567/sshot01341.th.png (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/sshot01341.png/)
Top - NOS - short continuous boost; upgradeable to last longer
Left - Extra Lap - adds additional lap in circuit race. One use per race.
Right - Traffic Magnet - used against race leader; incoming traffic will crash into them, allowing you to pass by to first place. Can only be effective if target is in sights.

In Pursuits:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7581/sshot01350.th.png (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/sshot01350.png/)
Top - NOS - explained above.
Left - Instant Cooldown - when entering cooldown stage of pursuit, this ability becomes active, and when used if will skip remaining cooldown and pursuit will end instantly.
Right - Runs Flats - can only be used if you run over spikestrips and bust your tires. Use this to quickly fix tires and get back to action without getting busted too fast.
Lower - Emergency Evade - when surrounded by cops so that you're unable to move, use this powerup to generate a shockwave that will repel all cop cars within few metres, creating a gap that you can use to escape.

Some more misc info on the game:

Cop chases aren't mandatory part of the gameplay but it's always nice to take a break from races.
Driving past them at 200km/h doesn't provoke a chase, as this wouldn't leave much room for online racing with players, but hitting them DOES. So careful where you drive or your free roam adventure might end up in a hot pursuit.
Successful evasions only give rep which is necessary for game progression. No rep; no cars unlocked.
My thought is that pursuit rep is calculated on total cops involved, destroyed, pursuit time and cost to state.

Even if you don't fare too good in a race, you still get some cash and rep to encourage you to fight more. If you're unlucky with other players, you might try your chances against AI. Although they don't use powerups, they're quite difficult to catch and heavy traffic doesn't make it any easier. Any mistakes you make will count against you with twice the power.

All cars aside from tier 1 starters, have a level prerequisite. Even if you might have that $110.000 for Gallardo LP560-4, you still need to be level 8 to buy it.

At end of all races [certainty impossible] you get to pick 1 of 5 reward cards. Those can be anything, ranging from different powerups like NOS, Traffic Magnet or Extra Lap to various amounts of Rep and Cash.

Beta version of NFS World doesn't have customizable controls so you have to use defaults.
Small list as follows:
Accelerate: W or Up Arrow
Brake/Reverse: S or Down Arrow
Turn Left: A or Left Arrow
Turn Right: D or Right arrow
Handbrake: Spacebar
Powerups: 1 up to 4 on main keyboard
Chat/Send message: Enter on main keyboard
World Map: M
Change Camera: C
Shift Up: Left Shift
Shift Down: Left Control
Jump to safehouse: H
Tips: Equals sign on main keyboard [ = ]
Friends List: O
Driver Profile: U
Screenshot [saved in 'NFS World\data' folder] : P
Scroll Through Powerup Consoles: Tilde/Numpad 0 - scroll back; 5/Numpad Enter - scroll forward

That's about it for some info. Now's the time for bug report. I won't repeat what was already said but I'll add my own sightings:
- traffic cars tends to disappear all of a sudden when hit few times at high speed
- some road sign textures [Campus Interchange/Hwy 99 in particular] are flickering at distance; probably dynamic texture resolution switching not working as intended, causing various quality textures to overlap
- cop cars completely lose reflections starting from just 3 metres away from player car; LOD adjustment working bit too fast; seen most often when cop cars were damaged and had scratched off paint
- cop car LOD dynamically changes the ride height of their cars; not a big deal but it looks rather odd
- on some occasions during pursuits, cop lights weren't working at all; undercover Chargers and cop GTOs most frequently
- in some places in Rosewood [not sure but it might've been Campus Circle], car bodies were reflecting trees that don't exist
- restarting the same race after completion didn't respawn/reset the pursuit breakers that were on the track [Main Street circuit race for example]
- traffic cars were sometimes seen traveling as fast as tier 1 player cars [~160km/h], taking super sharp turns very quickly
- after buying a new car, it would sometimes be require to complete one race, for the correct amount of cash to be deducted from bank
- when switching from one car that you drove for long time to another that you just bought, the game could lag horribly for several minutes and from stable framerate, it'd become 9-12fps at most; everything would return to normal after that
- few occasional crashes during random moments - one was idling on a pavement; another when I pressed Join in a multiplayer race; last one during random roaming on Hwy 99

NAMETYR
03-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi you forgot to add to controls:
Look Back Camera: E
:P

Sinister
03-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Good review and feedback Fox

FOX
03-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks Sin :)
Yes, I did forget the rear view camera but I bet you didn't know most of those controls :P

NAMETYR
03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I admitt it's true ;)

RuubW
03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Even if you don't fare too good in a race, you still get some cash and rep to encourage you to fight more. If you're unlucky with other players, you might try your chances against AI. Although they don't use powerups, they're quite difficult to catch and heavy traffic doesn't make it any easier. Any mistakes you make will count against you with twice the power.

All cars aside from tier 1 starters, have a level prerequisite. Even if you might have that $110.000 for Gallardo LP560-4, you still need to be level 8 to buy it.

I have the same view on Single Player races (few posts back). I indeed think the fact you get some reputation and cash anyway is a really good thing. I really like that. I just hope EA will make traffic a less dominant factor for success.
Car prequisites are also good.

Got a Gallardo LP560-4 at the end, I liked it way better than the Lotus Elise.

My judgment:
I liked the beta very much. Of course there's bugs in it and functions not yet implemented, but overall the game engine seems to be functioning correctly. For me, traffic behaviour was the most annoying thing in the beta, and I really hope EA will look into it. The best thing for me was driving through re-made environments from Most Wanted, and knowing other people are enjoying the game aswell.
I hope EA will do their best to look at the comments and bug reports beta testers have sent to them in the past few days. I can't wait to play the official release.

Edit: do we already know when the next beta wave will begin? I've looked on the website and forums, but I couldn't find anything.

FOX
03-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I decided to stick to Skyline [as you can see on screens used to explain powerups] and found it very reliable, even for a stock car.
278km/h top speed, decent handling and AWD drivetrain prove very useful in many situations. I was considering 560-4 but it was only better in terms of acceleration, whereas Skyline was slightly better in handling and top speed departments. Of course, there's also a tuned version of 560-4 but it's as expensive as M3. From the stats, it might even be better than M3 itself :o
At least with top speed and acceleration.

Just a quick note: it was mentioned by one of the NFS staff, that newer betas will possibly feature more unlocked areas [as game development progresses, obviously] and more cars. Nissan 240sx is already in the game folder but it's most likely unfinished. I expect it will be available to use in next update, alongside few other cars.
Maybe EA will include something more powerful like Zonda F or Carrera GT?
Yes, Zonda F. It can be seen in one of the promo videos, racing the Carrera GT, Gallardo and IS300.

Before I forget, quick summary of availability:

Cities:
Palmont - Silverton and Downtown Palmont are available for racing and roaming
Rockport - entire Rosewood is available

Cars:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Dodge Charger R/T
Mazdaspeed 3
Mazda RX7
Volkswagen Golf R32
Lotus Elise
Nissan 350z
Porsche Cayman S
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Nissan Skyline GTR [R35]
Tuned BMW M3 [often just called M3 GTR by players]

Most of those cars also have their tuned versions but they're more expensive and are quite often unlocked later in the game.

Upgrades:
No performance or parts upgrades. Tuned versions might have some custom parts like spoilers and/or rims.

Only customization to stock cars that's available are paint and vinyls.

CVPI19
03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
When i was in a pursuit with civic undercover cruisers there was a bug with a section of Rosewood that I remember its in a neighborhood that is near the college because my charger and the police cruisers went through the walls and btw Darren I hope you tell the delvopers to give separate markings for Rockport with the markings that their units had in Most Wanted, while Palmont can keep the new ones but also give Palmont's Rhino Lights, Heavys and Supercharged as well as the GTO the same scheme as the Chargers and Corvettes too. One more thing the ability to play as the cops too in the next build of the beta with the ability to chose a cop car too.

TUDOR_T_BEST
03-08-2010, 07:53 AM
just check in Pro Street if you have it, i guarantee you can find exact same bodykit and spoiler for BMW M3 E46.

I have Pro Street. But the BMW in World is a M3 GTR, just cause it doesn't look like in MW doesn't mean it's not... I mean, if it was just a M3 don't you think it would have been a Tier 1 or 2 car?

ElvenAvenger
03-08-2010, 08:06 AM
tuned m3? :) hard to write with one hand...my cat went berserk on my left hand so i have to use my right. :\ its just a heavily tuned m3.

NAMETYR
03-08-2010, 10:04 AM
OK Here's my review.

First I would like to tell the idea of making such a game is really, really good as people play most and most online games. And, connecting two cities like these is a nice idea too.

Here are the good, bad things and random bugs of my review.

Good:
- Online gaming experience is very good
- Not so laggy (I've seen really worse)
- Huge free roaming world
- Good driving engine
- Adequate graphics
- Good FPS running for most recent and less recent computers
- Reputation system: wow!
- Good choice of races
- Traffic is more intelligent than Undercover, for example.

Bad:
- Enormous chatting delay when lots of people online
- Cannot log in most of the times
- Cannot change controls (oh well I know it will be fixed)
- EU and US servers: cannot race together though can chat
- Powerup system could be improved in certain ways
- Traffic: Way too fast and way too heavy, even with powerups
- Cops: Hard to lose, sometimes appears in the middle of nowhere
- Heat transition too quick

Bugs:
- Flashing traffics and cops
- Floating shadows
- Some glasses at Campus reflect trees that don't exist
- Getting through Pursuit breakers: WTF?
- Invisible wall encountered while racing on Lincoln Blvd (or sth like this)
- When climbing a hill on the road, we can see through the streets shadows of traffics and opponents in front of us...

Nfsfreak#1
03-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Actually guys, it is a normal tuned M3... The real GTR has his exhaust pipes on the side, while this one has on the back.

Oh and a bug: Lambo's wheels don't spin while driving.

FOX
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
NFSFreak, I also noticed that about 560, only central bolts seem to be spinning but not rest of the wheel.

Few more bugs to report:
- license plate textures quite often flicker on AI and player cars
- player car LOD is bit edgy - underbody, tires, even some textures go missing when you increase distance to even 3 metres; seems to happen mostly with larger amount of player cars but there is no rule as to parts/textures disappearing
- large parts of textures on Cop Z06 Corvettes tend to dissappear - front, underbody, hood, etc turned invisible even though I had only 2 chasing me at the same time
- world map race selection highlighting is bit dodgy and sometimes you need to hover over race icon twice to get the info; also clicking on the icon doesn't display the info at once, and when you move cursor few pixels out of range, info collapses to icon and you have to hover on it again, then click again etc etc etc; you get my meaning...
- game tends to crash occasionally on hitting traffic and launching single-player races; there is no rule as to specific events but it does happen; also noticed to occur 2-3 times with selecting 'online' as event type
- when Traffic Magnet is activated, the red cylinder/column around target player might appear after a certain time or in some cases - may not appear at all
- using NOS and hitting a traffic car may cause player car to become unstable and spin out of control which ends in hitting the wall, contrary to the purpose of a powerup in general

I think that might be it about bugs. If I recall any more, I'll post them ASAP.

EDIT: ACCESS TO WORLD ONLINE BETA HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN.

All that previously could play the game, will most likely keep their accounts and access to beta in future releases. All progress will be reset, however, as this would create an unfair advantage for those included in initial testing.
Now we just need to wait for EA to announce another date for testing.

Sir Tristan
03-08-2010, 01:07 PM
They should make more realistic top speeds, it's just stupid the way they limit them to 278km/h - if you do that, be a man and make it 250km/h - a more realistic restriction on most cars, alright?

RuubW
03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
They should make more realistic top speeds, it's just stupid the way they limit them to 278km/h - if you do that, be a man and make it 250km/h - a more realistic restriction on most cars, alright?

Come on, it's the first beta. Besides, most cars are stock so I think the top speeds are pretty realistic.

CVPI19
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Now I heard rumors about DLC that has to be paided for I mean EA should include some free DLC like free cars, parts, and patches while also including some DLC that can be paid for as well too.

RuubW
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Now I heard rumors about DLC that has to be paided for I mean EA should include some free DLC like free cars, parts, and patches while also including some DLC that can be paid for as well too.

Hmm yeah that was to be expected, and I can't blame them. Still, it would be nice if we could win some kind of experience (like unique achievements) we could spend on unique content.

Sir Tristan
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Important question - are the physics MW tank-like or can you PIT someone? Can the police chase more than 1 of you?

No, will be abused

What if Jon "feels" like a female?

How would the vinyls get abused? Profanities? I understand, some kids with "I own yo punk a$$ biatch l33t spk" written on cars but... so?

And if Jon feels like a female (it was an AI wasn't it?! I could sue EA for exposing my PEGI-allowed 3+ child to transsexual suggestions), it's his problem and he should change his name to Joan in-game.

CVPI19
03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Hmm yeah that was to be expected, and I can't blame them. Still, it would be nice if we could win some kind of experience (like unique achievements) we could spend on unique content.

I was talking about them having people pay for the DLC with real cash but like I said I hope they also give us free DLC as well too and include the DLC in patches for the game when the final/gold versions of the game are released. I enjoyed testing this prototype out I look forward to playing again when the next version of the prototype is available.

Sinister
03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Important question - are the physics MW tank-like or can you PIT someone? Can the police chase more than 1 of you?

How would the vinyls get abused? Profanities? I understand, some kids with "I own yo punk a$$ biatch l33t spk" written on cars but... so?

And if Jon feels like a female (it was an AI wasn't it?! I could sue EA for exposing my PEGI-allowed 3+ child to transsexual suggestions), it's his problem and he should change his name to Joan in-game.

Read the EULA, it states that players must be at least the age of 18 to play. So allowing your child of 3+ (who wouldn't understand in the first place), to play and/or watch is irrelevant.

speedracer523
03-08-2010, 11:58 PM
doesnt matter just ask you parents and you can play
e.g. i am under 18

RuubW
03-09-2010, 01:42 AM

What about clan vinyls that'd have to be approved first? That could work.

And my comment on the avatar/name thing was about CPUs, not about human players. Just to clarify. If people want to go cross dressing in the game - for whatever reason - they should be able to.

MostEdwardo1
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM

we'll sue EA for lying to us about a completely free game period.

Sinister
03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
go ahead and try, the initial game is free, they never said they wouldn't charge for everything.
once you ask your parents speedracer, you wave your rights to complain.

MostEdwardo1
03-10-2010, 05:58 AM
go ahead and try, the initial game is free, they never said they wouldn't charge for everything.
once you ask your parents speedracer, you wave your rights to complain.
and some guys made a useless thread... what will you pay for in nfs world...
the thread is uselss cause its just it can make ideas for ea to make the game cost a lot..

Nfsfreak#1
03-10-2010, 07:57 AM
When I goto world.needforspeed.com and login I get the "Apply for beta" but I was selected? I'm beginning to think you have to be selected again to play in 2nd beta D:

RuubW
03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
When I goto world.needforspeed.com and login I get the "Apply for beta" but I was selected? I'm beginning to think you have to be selected again to play in 2nd beta D:

I still get the "Download Now!" button, the "Report a Bug" button and the "Submit Feedback" button. So I don't know why it's different for you.

Radu-Cristian
03-10-2010, 08:16 AM
it will be good to have all cars from MW and C

zizo2010
03-11-2010, 05:29 AM

log out and log in
u will see Download now if u selected

MostEdwardo1
03-11-2010, 06:53 AM
log out and log in
u will see Download now if u selected

first test is over..

Nfsfreak#1
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys :D

comthere
03-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Actually guys, it is a normal tuned M3... The real GTR has his exhaust pipes on the side, while this one has on the back.

Oh and a bug: Lambo's wheels don't spin while driving.

I haven't played the game, but from the screenshots, the M3 in the World is the race version M3 (it has that wide body kit) and the one in Most Wanted and Carbon is the M3 GTR race version (exhaust pipes on the side instead of back, and vents on the hood).
Again, I haven't played the game, so I may be wrong.

FOX
03-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Bump with one more bug to report:
The tram tracks going through downtown Palmont [street that gives access from southern downtown to northern Kempton] tend to disappear once in a while, whereas entire geometry and other textures are fully loaded. Mostly left side of road disappears - from perspective of driving towards eastern downtown.

NAMETYR
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Forget that post, my bad :D

McLaren_3Dcm
03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Just recived Email that I was accepted, dlded the instaler but when I try to login I see this masage all the time
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9268/nfswoerror.png
I can't even dlod the full game:(

MostEdwardo1
03-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Just recived Email that I was accepted, dlded the instaler but when I try to login I see this masage all the time
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9268/nfswoerror.png
I can't even dlod the full game:(
It fixed now

McLaren_3Dcm
03-19-2010, 11:30 AM
No it's not

MostEdwardo1
03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
No it's not
check atEA's forum
they must have a solution

McLaren_3Dcm
03-19-2010, 12:40 PM
check atEA's forum
they must have a solution

Olready posted there, http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/105/453708.page#4210308
hope I'll be able finaly play it...

ElvenAvenger
03-20-2010, 02:58 PM
@ the top speed topic
they may be realistic in some cars, but i have my doubts of the Gallardo not being able to cross 300 km/h while being performance upgraded, or even stock. unless i missed something. same for the R35 and M3. every car has limited top speed, im mostly noticing it on Eclipse GT where it accelerates to 216 km/h just fine, then stops accelerating as if there was some speed limiter on it. unless they want us to pay for removing speed limiters from our cars...nah thats too stupid.

having done further testing to vinyl system,(and turning my Eclipse GT into looks-similar-to replica of Brian's Skyline)(yes i was bored) you can put the vinyl in the general area where you want it with mouse and then make fine adjustments using a clickable panel with directions on it, moving it "one click up" or the other 3 directions as it was done with keyboard in previous nfs games, same applies to rotation, skewing etc. and i came to a conclusion that its indeed best made so far. if bodykit tuning will be so different from previous games as vinyl system is, then it should be great, but you never know.

FOX
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
2nd beta is still underway. I managed to find some bugs I want to bring to devs' attention.

Bugs:
- if damaged enough, cop Charger bodies look transparent from rear

- multiplayer rewards screen is heavily glitched; sometimes you don't get any rep/cash for a race, sometimes it counts towards the correct values but you still get nothing

- race outro screen showing players lags horribly; despite finishing first, I tend to get 'race ends in <time>' message despite crossing the finish line before anyone else; happens frequently but not all the time

- the above mentioned 'race ends in <time>' message glitch, even after expiring, causes option hotkeys to be active in MP reward screen, making it difficult to type anything to other players

- after racing in few events, whether SP or MP, NOS becomes extremely powerful, making any car reach top speed in matter of few seconds; eg. 20-278km/h in 2-3secs with LP560

- when entering paint shop in safehouse, all pallettes, paint swatches and part selection buttons would sometimes turn invisible/unselectable and it'd be impossible to edit anything without exiting paint shop and going back in again

- when entering safehouse to buy a new car, amount of cash would sometimes show $0 and it'd be necessary to exit back to free roam for the amount to be reset to its proper state

[B]Suggestions:

- 'inaccessible' unfinished bus station area needs to be properly sealed off, if you place your car facing the barrier from passenger side, you can reset the car and respawn within the locked area; works the same for most locked off parts that have any road within them; I'm reporting this, since EULA stated that me, the beta session participant, holding off information or failing to report feedback regarding any exploitable glitches in the game, will be considered for termination from current and any future beta programs organized by EA and/or its subsidiaries

- the previous race unlock system worked fine; now it was limited by a lot; 6 races to start, 6 new races at level 6 [deleting previous ones that were accessible] and finally deleting 2-3 races that were playable in first beta from level 9 [eg. Campus Interchange circuit]

- it would be a good idea to add possibility for players in MP races to disable powerups for more skill-based racing, since a lot of people complain that low-lever players can easily win races against high-level players when using, traffic magnet for example; if there is no possibility to change/remove magnet from races, there should be a countermeasure ability, similar to perfect launch or extended NOS that you can research/upgrade at each level up; yesterday I've spoken to Kirk Pedersen regarding this and he stated that it is indeed an interesting idea - at least to give players ability to disable powerups for racing

That might be all for now. Will keep everyone updated on any further bugs that I notice in the beta.

RuubW
03-21-2010, 08:22 AM
- multiplayer rewards screen is heavily glitched; sometimes you don't get any rep/cash for a race, sometimes it counts towards the correct values but you still get nothing

- race outro screen showing players lags horribly; despite finishing first, I tend to get 'race ends in <time>' message despite crossing the finish line before anyone else; happens frequently but not all the time

Yep. Also, standings themselves are often bugged: I'd finish as fourth but it'd say I finished as 2nd or 5th for example.
THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENS IN SINGLE PLAYER RACES ASWELL. The game would simply not 'register' that you've finished, and would indeed keep saying "Race ends in...". It would say you've earned a reward, but you wouldn't get it since the game thinks you didn't finish. It's VERY annoying.

- the above mentioned 'race ends in <time>' message glitch, even after expiring, causes option hotkeys to be active in MP reward screen, making it difficult to type anything to other players

Noticed that aswell, really annoying.

- after racing in few events, whether SP or MP, NOS becomes extremely powerful, making any car reach top speed in matter of few seconds; eg. 20-278km/h in 2-3secs with LP560

Yep, same here. Kinda enjoying that, but it's not supposed to be possible so I also reported it to EA. For me, it would get more powerful after every race, and it'd take like 15 races to reach the insanity FOX describes.

- the previous race unlock system worked fine; now it was limited by a lot; 6 races to start, 6 new races at level 6 [deleting previous ones that were accessible] and finally deleting 2-3 races that were playable in first beta from level 9 [eg. Campus Interchange circuit]

- it would be a good idea to add possibility for players in MP races to disable powerups for more skill-based racing, since a lot of people complain that low-lever players can easily win races against high-level players when using, traffic magnet for example; if there is no possibility to change/remove magnet from races, there should be a countermeasure ability, similar to perfect launch or extended NOS that you can research/upgrade at each level up; yesterday I've spoken to Kirk Pedersen regarding this and he stated that it is indeed an interesting idea - at least to give players ability to disable powerups for racing
Agreed on both.
I liked the 'original' system of unlocking races better, although this is a little more fair since players between level 1-5 can only race other players level 1-5, same goes for 6-10. Still, liked the previous system better.
Disabling powerups in multiplayer is an option we should have - although I like races with powerups better :)

One thing that makes me like this beta better than the previous one is the decrease in traffic. It is now a way less dominant factor for success. Although the second beta is more buggy than the first one and the system to unlock races is worse, the experience still improved for me.

Sinister
03-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Just a reminder, that these bugs are best reported on the NFSWorld site as well, but it Doesn't hurt to use other people's reports as well in your own, this way they are given more attention.

There has been discussion about the lack of a swear filter or a friends only chat as well.

RuubW
03-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Just a reminder, that these bugs are best reported on the NFSWorld site as well, but it Doesn't hurt to use other people's reports as well in your own, this way they are given more attention.

There has been discussion about the lack of a swear filter or a friends only chat as well.

Yer I report every bug I find. I also have my own suggestions thread in the forums there.

And yeah, the game needs a swear filter. It's not that bad in the beta, but the official game will probably have a lot of weird people :P Still, I don't understand why people swear in the beta, they should be glad they got picked.

Friend chat is indeed something we need. We can currently whisper stuff to friends, but the mechanism is quite unhandy (check "Whisper", say something, switch back to "Say").

by the way, Sin, do you participate in the beta yourself? Haven't seen you on there yet. Thinking about it, it'd make sense for you to use another nickname there so I probably just haven't recognized you.

Sinister
03-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I use the Nickname NFSSinisterCL which shows that I am a Community Leader with NFS and Anything can be directed as needed. Feel free to add it on your friends list. I have been on there occasionally, however the past two days I've been working on another project which will be occupying quite a bit more of my spare time in the future.

ElvenAvenger
03-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Disabling powerups in races to make them more skill based is just absolutely brilliant idea in my opinion. powerups make your skills and car(atleast thats what i saw when i was racing those Elise's and Cayman's in my Eclipse GT) useless. its just a matter of getting lucky with the magnet and you win the race you would never win with such a car. Sure, i respect your opinions that races with powerups are fun but for me they arent if i win a race just because of a randomly "button mashing" style used powerup. yes, i won a race because of mashing the "3" button so my magnet would get used as soon as it was ready and it blocked Elise in first position effectively. he finished last because another guy in Eclipse took second place from him.

sophiyabush
04-07-2010, 04:16 AM

Online Electronics (http://www.fuzal.com)

_BLAHHEAD_
04-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I found that the best skill to get is the perfect start, it's very effective if you don't have an elise. Traffic magnets I found to be completly useless at certian parts of the tracks(ie. highways and wideroads) and can be bad for the user on thin roads(the traffic blocks you).

RuubW
04-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Third day of the third beta, I got a 2.90MB update this morning. Does anyone have a clue what that small update contains?

MostEdwardo1
04-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Third day of the third beta, I got a 2.90MB update this morning. Does anyone have a clue what that small update contains?
i am getting the update nao. but what is it?

ElvenAvenger
04-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Meh, i can't play third beta. either downloading the 5.7 MB file to try and update which just goes to 100% in 3 seconds and fails, or download full setup and get blocked by NOD32 anyway because of its retardiness and hate towards nfswo.exe (that and the fact i cant kick nod32krn.exe out of processes cause it always respawns.)

RuubW
04-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I just discovered something nice: when driving at high speeds, if you listen well you can actually hear the wind wooshing by. I really, really like that.

And I discovered something else that is nice, I'm not going to tell you what it is (yet, hehe!) but I'll tell you you need to be a high level for it. And no, it's not a bug.

_BLAHHEAD_
04-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I suppose this bug should be reported. Getting through barriers can be done by teleporting to someone right beside the barrier, or inside the barrier. Another bug is that the perfect start thing gets progressively better for no reason, as in not by leveling it up (0-max speed on gallardo in 5 seconds).

RuubW
04-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Another bug is that the perfect start thing gets progressively better for no reason, as in not by leveling it up (0-max speed on gallardo in 5 seconds).

Actually, this is a nitrous bug. Have you tried using nitrous a couple of times? It gets waaaaay more powerful until you can do like 0-277km/h in 2 seconds after like 15 races.
I've noticed the same indeed goes for the perfect start aswell. Makes sense, because that's basically a nitrous boost.

ElvenAvenger
04-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Doh. that Perfect start bug is game breaking. with the bug, my Charger ( tier 1) is > Elise ( tier 2 ) and my 350Z ( tier 2 ) is > (any tier 3 car) provided i have enough nitrous.
whole powerup idea is weird. Magnet is acting however it wants to. i used it 3 times on guy in front of me, only one single car went after him when there were about 10 cars passing on opposite lane. he used it once and 12 cars crashed into me. im strongly against that powerup but i know that most people like it ( dont know why) and its futile to try and make them change it

_BLAHHEAD_
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I now got a different nitrous bug, when it's laggy and you turn even a bit with nitrous on, the car slows down like crazy. The magnet is only effective on small roads, don't even use them on highways or wide roads/ roads with center barriers.

RuubW
04-28-2010, 02:10 AM
If you've gotten an email saying you've been accepted for the next beta phase, you'll see it says the next beta runs from Friday 8 April to Tuesday 13 April. Since at the time of posting it's 28 April, I'm guessing it's supposed to be May 8th through 13th.

AgentRoo
04-28-2010, 11:53 PM
You should have had another email, telling you that someone pushed the wrong button, and resent an old email.

It also says there is another Beta Test in the pipeline and due soon however.

RuubW
04-29-2010, 05:25 AM
^ Yes, I've received an email from Drew saying it was a mistake, but that I should be expecting a 'real' email within 24 hours (next beta: April 29 through May 2). However, I've also received the faulty email a SECOND time :S

_BLAHHEAD_
04-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Great news!! I've received the actual email and have the new client! However, I didn't receive the first e-mail, so for all those who didn't get the "mistake", don't worry.

comthere
05-01-2010, 01:00 AM
I gotta say I just tried this game today and it is awesome.

RuubW
05-01-2010, 04:00 AM
My submitted feedback up to now:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/429348.page#3989150

Anything you guys would like to add?

FOX
05-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Haven't noticed much bugs in this beta aside from old one being that cop skins becoming transparent when damaged and there's also a new one I discovered.
Rental racing version of LP560-4 doesn't change to 6th gear when upgraded with 2nd level of need for speed [top speed increase] skill.

CVPI19
05-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Well I can't play it because it claims that my video is not compatible with it.

Sinister
05-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Civilian Cars disappear constantly while in a pursuit, mainly L2 or higher.
Texture problems still arise occasionally.

I dont see how you can't play it CVPI since my laptop does.

CVPI19
05-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Civilian Cars disappear constantly while in a pursuit, mainly L2 or higher.
Texture problems still arise occasionally.

I dont see how you can't play it CVPI since my laptop does.

This is the problem I'm having as shown in my camera phone picture here.

AgentRoo
05-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Just checking you've tried the obvious - updated G-card and Monitor drivers?

I've submitted:

Blue R32 labelled as black (<didn't identify the car as the R32 though)

Inconsitancy in order of stock and tuned cars at dealer

Submitted those through feedback, as they aren't really bugs.

Annoyingly, I've had 2 crashes, but no info on what caused them. Is there a file created that I can send to EA?

Sinister
05-02-2010, 08:44 AM
There should be a crash log in the WO folder, but I have yet to crash so I don't know off hand what it would be called.

FOX
05-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Update on top speed upgrade bug. Upgraded to level 2 or 3 doesn't allow ALL cars to shift to 6th gear.
And same as Sin noticed, traffic constantly disappears during pursuit.

RuubW
05-02-2010, 06:37 PM
So, the word is officially out on SpeedBoost. Yes, it WILL cost real life money, and you can buy car rentals and stuff like powerups with it.
The latter really pisses me off: why would anyone pay real life money to be able to use NOS? This is rediculous. EA has the right to add something that gives them the ability to earn a little money, but not on regular stuff like powerups.

My enthousiasm for the official release of the game has dropped quite a bit. "R.I.P. NFS World Online", or more of an abortion. I know it isn't, not even for me, but at the moment I'm really disappointed.

AgentRoo
05-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Well, I noticed that we started with something like 35K in this test, which is a heck of a lot when you consider it.

Also, remember that this is not yet the finished form of the game. It is possible that the NOS powerup is only a placeholder. We haven't seen any user-based tuning yet.

As for changes, all I'll say is at least Cops were worthwhile. Sadly SP races weren't, and I never did get around to trying MP races.

GTR
05-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Here are some bugs I found:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/locked_out.jpg
It just locked me out completely. I couldn't exit, I couldn't go, I couldn't leave. I was stuck. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/shadow_problem.jpg
Graphic glitch. You can see the shadow of the other player that's passing underneath the bridge I'm on, through the asphalt. I have already addressed this on the bug report section, and apparently no one looked into it.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/speed_problem2.jpg
I believe that's the speed in km/h. I know I wasn't going that fast. My 240sx tops out at 116mph.

RuubW
05-03-2010, 05:26 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/amirgtr/speed_problem2.jpg
I believe that's the speed in km/h. I know I wasn't going that fast. My 240sx tops out at 116mph.

Hey, it's exactly the opposite with metric units! It says: [speed in MP/H] KM/H. For example I'd do about 250KM/H in a race, but it'd say something like 160 KM/H after the race finished.

I reported it, of course.

D00mBringer
05-03-2010, 12:52 PM
The latter really pisses me off: why would anyone pay real life money to be able to use NOS?
Really like old f2p-model in Battlefield Heroes.
hope, they fix drop chance for powerup cards(example - 2,5%*[number of players+1-race posit.] for singlerace, 7,5%*[number of players+1-race posit.] for multiplayer) and bind race requirements to car-tier-lvl. +new pursuit mechanic is pretty cool.

rcgldr
05-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Here are some bugs I found:Graphic glitch. You can see the shadow of the other player that's passing underneath the bridge I'm on, through the asphalt.That's a carry over from NFS Carbon, where you could see headlights of other cars through hills. NFS World is based on NFS Carbon.

RuubW
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Friday 14th of May, first few hours of beta4:

The game keeps crashing at the end of loading all game components, right before the menu is supposed to show up. I don't know how EA has managed to screw it up since the client test.

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled. My system and its settings are the exact same as in the client test.

_BLAHHEAD_
05-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I see nobody else in freeroam, not sure why...

RuubW
05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
For some reason, after uninstalling and reinstalling AGAIN for a second time (+ deleting everything in the NFS World folder), it works now. But why doesn't the uninstaller remove the contents of the installation folder automatically?

RuubW
05-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Another big update:

The word is officially out. EA disappoints us once again by announcing the World 'starter pack'. Playing the game for free will only get you up to a certain level. After that, players have to purchase the starter pack to continue being able to gain rep and levels. The pack will also contain a set amount of SpeedBoost and a unique bonus car.

http://www.needforspeed.com/web/nfs-na/blogs/need-for-speed-news/-/nfsblogs/2426314

There goes the promise of a free game. For me, this might just make me decide not to play the official release.

NAMETYR
05-20-2010, 05:59 PM
How come am I not even surprised. :thumbsdow

D00mBringer
05-21-2010, 08:46 AM
After that, players have to purchase the starter pack to continue being able to gain rep and levels.
good news. IMO, with pay and play game become more faire.

RuubW
05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
good news. IMO, with pay and play game become more faire.

Excuse me? Do you know anything about online games?
The people who pay will have a clear advantage over people who don't, making the game unbalanced, making it die out within a year maybe two. It happened to numerous games before and it will happen to this one if they don't reconsider this bullcr*p. It will be one giant failure.

D00mBringer
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
RuubW
wake up. World is't f2p now. Its pay & play with minimized balanced IM.

Jesusv
05-22-2010, 12:00 PM
GTR you pretty much summon up the bugs i saw as well. Besides that BETA 5 was good and the launcher client worked perfectly!

I just saw the recommended system requirements on this thread and i just thought i let you guys know that even with low specs you can run the beta. I ran it fine at good FPS with the following specs

Toshiba Satellite 205 laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium x86
AMD Turion64 x2 1.9Ghz
2GB DDR2
ATI x1200 128MB with Pixel Shadders 2.0

I ran it at low setting with resolution of 1024px × 768px and didnt lag at all. I won several races maybe 35 or so. Here is a screenshot i took of taking down roadblock :P
http://i49.tinypic.com/23wgt2.jpg

One suggestion i want to make is make cops cars be less heavy, some of them specially in heat level 4 they are just too heavy so you get trapped by them too quick.

BTW is it just me or is the official NFS World forums offline? It tells me i dont have permission to access them =/

RuubW
05-22-2010, 02:28 PM
RuubW
wake up. World is't f2p now. Its pay & play with minimized balanced IM.

Ehhr, you wake up. It's still f2p, there will be no charge for playing the game. You will however have to pay to continue leveling. That's why paying players will have an advantage of non-paying players.

AgentRoo
05-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Ehhr, you wake up. It's still f2p, there will be no charge for playing the game. You will however have to pay to continue leveling. That's why paying players will have an advantage of non-paying players.

Not necessarily. It depends on how EA go about the MP matchmaking. If they try to match cars and levels it will be fine.

On the other hand, if it becomes a free for all, then yes it will be greatly weakened.

However, as things are at the moment, those that pay won't gain a great advantage. Literally, the only benefits are speedboost (which currently cannot buy a car or upgrades) and levelling (depending on where the skills are sunk this *may* give the payee a slight edge).

D00mBringer
05-23-2010, 04:16 AM
It's still f2p
maybe warhammer online f2p too?

there will be no charge for playing the game.
no. there will be no charge for playing the demo

That's why paying players will have an advantage of non-paying players.
nope. different car tiers - different race-groups. The only benefits are bonus powerups, but powerups drops from singlplayer-races.

RuubW
05-23-2010, 04:52 AM
no. there will be no charge for playing the demo

I suggest you read the Starter Pack news post on the World website. There you'll see it's free to play, up to a certain level. After that you'll still be able to play for free, but you won't gain any more rep.

Not necessarily. It depends on how EA go about the MP matchmaking. If they try to match cars and levels it will be fine.

On the other hand, if it becomes a free for all, then yes it will be greatly weakened.

F2P = free 2 play; that has nothing to do with multiplayer matchmaking ;)

However, as things are at the moment, those that pay won't gain a great advantage. Literally, the only benefits are speedboost (which currently cannot buy a car or upgrades) and levelling (depending on where the skills are sunk this *may* give the payee a slight edge).
Actually, it will. Paying players will have the ability to buy better cars non-paying players can't buy, and they'll have more points to spend on skills. Clear advantage.

D00mBringer
05-23-2010, 08:57 AM
After that you'll still be able to play for free, but you won't gain any more rep.
New levels are attained as your driver gains sufficient Rep to 'Level Up'. Your driver level determines which Races you can participate in, as well as the range of cars and customization options available to you.
If they lock lvl at 10 or 12 you cant buy 90% of cars and cant participate in 90% of races.

RuubW
05-23-2010, 10:13 AM
If they lock lvl at 10 or 12 you cant buy 90% of cars and cant participate in 90% of races.

Exactly, that's what I mean. Plus, they'll have way more skills like better acceleration and top speed, better nitrous and other good skills.

AgentRoo
05-24-2010, 01:25 AM
F2P = free 2 play; that has nothing to do with multiplayer matchmaking ;)

That's 'cause I quoted the wrong post of yours (facepalm!). Should have been a response to The people who pay will have a clear advantage over people who don't, making the game unbalanced, making it die out within a year maybe two.

I'll say it again: If EA get the matchmaking correct, then it won't matter as much.

Actually, it will. Paying players will have the ability to buy better cars non-paying players can't buy, and they'll have more points to spend on skills. Clear advantage.

Not if the payees can't use those cars against the non-payees. Then it comes down to skills - and if the payee has opted for a balanced skillset whilst the non-payee has focussed on racing skills, you're going to be closely matched anyway - so it comes down to the capabilities of the individuals involved.

As I said this does depend on a good matchmaking system at the end of the day. Or, as an alternative, the ability for participants to specify how they want to compete in MP - free for all, or same tier/car/level options.

Speedy4395
05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
i like the starter pack idea actualy. its better than paying for online time (like xbox live) or paying $69.99 for the full game OR having to pay for BOTH (which would really suck). whats the worst ea can do with the starter pack? if its one pack, it'll probibly be $19 to get the complete game (the rest of the cars, levels, ect.) or itll be split up into groups of say 3 or 5 packs which mabey would be $2 - 4 each. personaly, the starter pack was a good idea on ea's part.

RuubW
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
i like the starter pack idea actualy. its better than paying for online time (like xbox live) or paying $69.99 for the full game OR having to pay for BOTH (which would really suck)..

Agreed but it is however WAY WORSE than an entirely free game - which is what EA promised us. They got our hopes up but they manage to disappoint us once again, how dare they lie.

Sinister
05-24-2010, 01:56 PM
EA never stated in any press release that the game was going to be entirely 100% free.

Speedy4395
05-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Agreed but it is however WAY WORSE than an entirely free game - which is what EA promised us. They got our hopes up but they manage to disappoint us once again, how dare they lie.

they said free to play as in free to download and use the game, they didnt say that you could play the ENTIRE game for free. how else are they going to get their money? and again, EA wont drop a huge bomb on the buyers by making the packs or pack like $10 - $50 (or would they). im predicting its going to be fairly cheap considering the fact a lot of people are going to download the game since its free.

RuubW
05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
They wanted to do something for the loyal fans. If they're so "grateful" they're going to charge me for something they should've let us know about from the beginning, then I don't know how the people at EA think.

If both of you don't agree with this point - please explain to me how the news rating of the Starter Pack post got to be 2.0/5

Speedy4395
05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
They wanted to do something for the loyal fans. If they're so "grateful" they're going to charge me for something they should've let us know about from the beginning, then I don't know how the people at EA think.

If both of you don't agree with this point - please explain to me how the news rating of the Starter Pack post got to be 2.0/5

well...i...mabey its....crap, ok you have a point:\

ok, but can you explain some other ways EA can make money and still keep this game F2P? Charging for online time would be WAY worse than a starter pack and theres not many other options besides jacking up speedboost prices by a LOT. EA needs to make money on this game some sort of way and it seems that either thay do the pack or it could be something even worse. like pay per car, paying for visual customization or something more annoying and cash consuming than a starter pack.

RuubW
05-24-2010, 05:04 PM
well...i...mabey its....crap, ok you have a point:\

ok, but can you explain some other ways EA can make money and still keep this game F2P? Charging for online time would be WAY worse than a starter pack and theres not many other options besides jacking up speedboost prices by a LOT. EA needs to make money on this game some sort of way and it seems that either thay do the pack or it could be something even worse. like pay per car, paying for visual customization or something more annoying and cash consuming than a starter pack.

Thank you. And yes, I see what you mean, and I agree with this.
Again, I wouldn't have had ANY trouble with this if they had announced this from the beginning. This would've been a great solution if they hadn't lied to us. Some people are suggesting a one time fee ($40-60) or a monthly fee, but I don't think that'd be a good solution, it'd make the game unaccessible to a lot of potential players.

But now it's just a major screw-up in my eyes. We'll see how things go, and how EA responds to this ranting (if they're even going to - looking at the past I really doubt it).

Speedy4395
05-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Thank you. And yes, I see what you mean, and I agree with this.
Again, I wouldn't have had ANY trouble with this if they had announced this from the beginning. This would've been a great solution if they hadn't lied to us. Some people are suggesting a one time fee ($40-60) or a monthly fee, but I don't think that'd be a good solution, it'd make the game unaccessible to a lot of potential players.

But now it's just a major screw-up in my eyes. We'll see how things go, and how EA responds to this ranting (if they're even going to - looking at the past I really doubt it).

i wouldnt say its lying, more of a delayed announcment :P

i get what your saying with EA not telling us at the begining of the beta that there would be a starter pack and stuff, but i doubt they were even thinking about how to get their money back then, so i wouldnt go and say they shouldve told us when they didnt even think about how to make some cash off this game. they were probibly more concerned about gameplay (which was a good call because the game right now has a LOT of bugs, i should know, i beta test :D).

oh and again, free o play doesnt always mean you can play the ENTIRE game for free, think about how NFS Prostreet had the lithium pack and you ahd to buy all those cars, which were already on the game disc. and what about collectors edition too?

AgentRoo
05-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Part of the need for a starter pack comes, I think, from EA's experience with Battlefield Heros. Intended as FTP, with non-game affecting bonuses (basically, clothing and appearance mods) for purchase, they didn't get the needed revenue for whatever reason, so had to alter things so that more was available from cash purchases.

They've concluded the same is likely from NFS:W so have taken steps to pre-empt. It's a shame, esp. when you consider hown many MMOs are available free-to-play, but then a closer look reveals similar problems from these.

AJ_Lethal
05-26-2010, 02:36 PM
As i said in another places, EA is in the edge of the knife, because if they set the cap too low, MANY people will have a MASSIVE disappointment. I dont know if that would affect how many people would get the game (wasting around 30m and 3GB for a miserable amount of stuff it just doesnt worth if you dont have any pennies to spend on the Starter pack) Also im worried about matchmakin (as stated before)

It would be cool if the cap leaves a hole to build up "skill levels" so you couldn't get stuck -and frustrated- at all. You know, altough not unlockin everything you could still manage to race more skilled drivers as long as you play, instead of whipping asses with pretty much ease and getting bored.

ElvenAvenger
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Meh, first i considered buying it, 20$ can't be that bad for a new game afterall. Then i saw pricing for Europe. 20€?
Forget it. Since WHEN did 1$ equal 1€ ?
Also judging from past experiences, EA isnt going to do anything about our rants, they will just proceed as if nothing happened, and obviously answer to posts that are pro-EA.
Not to mention that most likely without buying starter pack you are pretty much doomed to drive slowest cars and all that stuff.
Though, if the bonus cars were still available after pre-order period, i could just save up some cash, and buy it later when i seriously dont need the money for anything else.
I just hope that EA does not put any similar screw-up in Criterion's NFS.

Sir Tristan
06-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Guys, is there/will there be a microphone/headset thang like in Xbox Live games?

So we can talk and stuff? 'IMMA TAKE YOU, IMMA get you!'.

There's a microphone built into my laptop :D

Sir Tristan
07-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Guys - I've got a bug that doesn't let me play the game.

When I create my driver profile, it says 'connection with server lost. game will shut down'.

When change graphic settings (before the profile's created) it shows an error and tries to find a solution (in a Windows kinda way, no solution).

RuubW
07-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Guys - I've got a bug that doesn't let me play the game.

When I create my driver profile, it says 'connection with server lost. game will shut down'.

When change graphic settings (before the profile's created) it shows an error and tries to find a solution (in a Windows kinda way, no solution).

Actually, the game seems to be crashing a lot, and seems slow to respond to user input and things like post-race statistics. I'm pretty sure it's because of the huge amount of noobs flooding the open beta. Try a bit more, otherwise review your internet settings and/or send a bug report to EA.

Sir Tristan
07-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Actually, the game seems to be crashing a lot, and seems slow to respond to user input and things like post-race statistics. I'm pretty sure it's because of the huge amount of noobs flooding the open beta. Try a bit more, otherwise review your internet settings and/or send a bug report to EA.

Last thing I wanted.

Are there going to be any settings of having people from your friends list only on display etc?

RuubW
07-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Are there going to be any settings of having people from your friends list only on display etc?

Well, there's group chat and private events, if that's what you mean.

And I'm having the EXACT same problem as you now. Disconnect before I can even press "Enter World". It worked just fine yesterday, althoguh laggy.

Sir Tristan
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Well, there's group chat and private events, if that's what you mean.

And I'm having the EXACT same problem as you now. Disconnect before I can even press "Enter World". It worked just fine yesterday, althoguh laggy.

That sucks. I just restored my VAIO to factory condition and Shift or GTA IV aren't on there and I can't be bothered with installing them now.

Sir Tristan
07-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Alright, got it working for a bit one race, got familiar with some things and got sent back to Windows after 20 minutes of gameplay. When I got back on, it did the same thang. :/

I must say, nice job EA on reworking everything.

Although it seems less flashy than MW and Carbon, it's an acceptable game graphically even by today's standards.

Physics seem neither MW nor Carbon-like (thank God for the latter), but collisions with Single Player opponents are MW/Carbon-like - which I do not like. The feeling of speed is pretty neat and so is nitrous.

Experience is overall very good. If they get it working properly, that is. After succeeding in the game I want the Scirocco to become my little Porsche.
I couldn't access any multiplayer modes.

Thing is, it felt weird coming into the world with 1000s of other starter cars in the same alley, in my car, within the N00b mindset, the fresh guys... they let you feel that.

If they could disable the display of others until you get into major streets that'd be good.

I can't calibrate Controls on my Pad. That's bad.

BTW: has anyone noticed that in any NFS car models seem a bit... tall? A Scirocco IRL is more sleek than the model in the games... anywayz.

D00mBringer
07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Scirroco - tier 1, R32 - tier 2. Sad.
Elise - tier 2(20), 350z - tier 2(10). 2x sad.:(

Sir Tristan
07-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Scirroco - tier 1, R32 - tier 2. Sad.
Elise - tier 2(20), 350z - tier 2(10). 2x sad.:(

So?

100char

AJ_Lethal
07-04-2010, 05:00 AM
When i'm about to create my profile, the game just crash out. Sometimes doesnt even start

Freak-DS
07-04-2010, 05:32 AM
When i'm about to create my profile, the game just crash out. Sometimes doesnt even start

Servers are overloaded I think. Just try again in ~ 30 minutes.

AJ_Lethal
07-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Servers are overloaded I think. Just try again in ~ 30 minutes.

Yeah it was solved by itself. Hope we'll meet ingame XD

EDIT: crap, now turns out that I get the disconnection msg. Too crowded.

HazewinDog
07-04-2010, 06:36 AM
13,5 hours ago the game ran fine, only the multiplayer races wont start, i get PEER_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, but for the rest it was fine. After this i couldnt join anymore. Now, 1 hour ago, i could join again (in north america only, though) but the multiplayer races suddenly worked for noone, instead of just not for me. Now the site and game servers seem to be down :/

AJ_Lethal
07-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Found a bug in minimum -or barely below- spec pc- entering the paint shop makes the game crash

HazewinDog
07-04-2010, 07:33 AM
How do you know its like that for all pcs below/at minimum?

AJ_Lethal
07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
How do you know its like that for all pcs below/at minimum?

I assumed

10char

Sir Tristan
07-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Guys, I can't even log on no more. It says 'Service is unavailable'.

AJ_Lethal
07-04-2010, 07:51 AM

Try again later

HazewinDog
07-04-2010, 07:52 AM

yeah same for me

edit: no, it works now :D

edit²: and now i got disconnected after one race.

RuubW
07-04-2010, 08:18 AM
I personally think this is a disgrace. After all these betas to test stability, this happens. "Heavier than anticipated load", my ***. They *knew* there'd be thousands of new players. 9 days until the official release (one week headstart for paying players), and the game is still full of fail. EA is one of the worst game developers ever.

Sir Tristan
07-04-2010, 08:38 AM
They just have to buy more an more shit. If they placed in-game ads everywhere, eg. near the tips, do LOADS more product placement...

Like, events about who gets to the BK faster for the Whopper and some shit like that. Every EA Tip, give us some bullshit McDonald's advert about healthy lifestyle. I don't care what, even Wal-Mart Bodywork. Just show those ads and get paid. Use the cabbage to feed teh servers.

Problem solved guys?

HazewinDog
07-04-2010, 08:42 AM
EA is one of the worst game developers ever.
I just cant agree.. im sure they do what they can, everyone knows this isnt good for EA themselves, so why would they let it happen if they knew it would?

RuubW
07-04-2010, 08:44 AM
^ Actually, if you've paid attention to the surroundings in the game you'll no doubt have seen billboards all around. They can easily use those for advertising and I think they're already doing so.
Your idea about events is nice too. Advertising would starter packs redundant. But we all know that's not going to happen.

I just cant agree.. im sure they do what they can, everyone knows this isnt good for EA themselves, so why would they let it happen if they knew it would?
Oh no? Look at Carbon, ProStreet and Undercover. All pieces of crap, basically. Now they've ruined World with boring repetative gameplay and Starter Packs. Plus they're so incompetent they can't predict the open beta will put a heavy strain on the servers. I saw it coming for weeks but still hoped EA was smart enough to foresee it aswell.

Sir Tristan
07-05-2010, 05:40 AM
It's working, got to lvl 5 = I got mah vinyls and a classy Eclipse.

Guys, can you give me your driver names? Because I want to meet/race/cruise with the NFSCars people I know.

I added GTR because his online name was predictable. Ruben, what's yours?

Add to friends and shizz. When are you online anyway?

HazewinDog
07-05-2010, 05:41 AM
"HAZEWINDOG"; since i got holidays i can actually be online at any part of the day ;)

Sir Tristan
07-05-2010, 05:44 AM
"HAZEWINDOG"; since i got holidays i can actually be online at any part of the day ;)

Dude, get online I'll add you and we'll meet up in Rosewood University :D

HazewinDog
07-05-2010, 05:47 AM
I tried 2 times now but both times got "Disconnected from server", but ill try a few more times ;)

ps: i just sent you a PM.

edit: I have no luck at joining at the moment :/

D00mBringer
07-05-2010, 06:48 AM
EA is one of the worst game developers ever.
nope. Every MMO game is POS in beta/few months after release stage. Just believe that's all be allright after 3-6 months after release. Or not

Sir Tristan
07-05-2010, 07:22 AM
I tried 2 times now but both times got "Disconnected from server", but ill try a few more times ;)

ps: i just sent you a PM.

edit: I have no luck at joining at the moment :/

I've got the same, man. I'll try now.

RuubW
07-05-2010, 08:06 AM
I've got the same, man. I'll try now.

It's a disgrace. After all these betas it's still not working. EA should've anticipated the large number of players. And they say the servers are back up and running, but they really aren't. Today, the first 3 times I could log on with relative ease but with a considerable amount of lag, and the game would crash within 5-10 minutes. I must've tried to log in like 25 times since that but to no avail.

And I'm RUUBW of course. Alternative nickname (second account for example) is often RUUB. I have a cool third nickname for World, but it won't work that well with all caps so I don't know if I'll use it yet.

Sir Tristan
07-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Some wanker occupied Sir Tristan for me.

So I changed it to SPEEDSWORDSMAN which is my MyNFS.com alias thingy.

When the beta's finished, do we have to make a new profile?

Still can't get on btw, it's a big pain.

HazewinDog
07-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes we do. But if you, like me, preordered the game, you can make a profile one week before the rest of the world ^^

ps: did you add me on msn yet? if so, something went wrong, maybe you can PM me your msn?

Sir Tristan
07-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Ruub we were so close to meeting, but you were in a pursuit then I was in a Single Player race.

Then we got disconnected right?

RuubW
07-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Ruub we were so close to meeting, but you were in a pursuit then I was in a Single Player race.

Then we got disconnected right?

Game crashed 3 times, numerous disconnects followed. Then you didn't respond.

No worries, we'll have time to hang out in the official release of the game when EA has fixed the servers and not to forget their incompetence.

Sir Tristan
07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Game crashed 3 times, numerous disconnects followed. Then you didn't respond.

No worries, we'll have time to hang out in the official release of the game when EA has fixed the servers and not to forget their incompetence.

Of course.

But overall, despite the disconnections and shizz, I have to say - good job on retouching the cities. They look fresher, not a bit like other NFS games.

It has its own climate, this digital, cold ambience. When you hit something, there's a Shift-ish effect but also your car gets all 'digital' and distorted for a bit. This is really cool and helps the suspension of disbelief.

Cops lurking around looking badass in Chargers seem have this 'go ahead and play, boys' attitude, roaming around looking for some real bad behaviour (ramming them or excessive speeding).

Silverton casinos aren't quite as in-your-face as in Carbon nights, and Rosewood isn't quite like MW's nice autumn days. But when you're in some hills and you see those expensive houses and projects, they look the part. The World is a lot crisper.

Problem is, if those cities are so close together, the 'hero' of MW and Carbon overexaggerated the 'journey' he had to take :D

ElvenAvenger
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Gameplay reasons.

No one would want to take a 15 minute long trip from Palmont to Rockport in real time.

And i bet that MW's hero did not drive too fast.

What i fear is...

More noobs after the game launches.

(Some might have not tried beta because of it being a beta and/or lazyness)

HazewinDog
07-05-2010, 04:05 PM
find friends; play a private game. solved :D

Da Spaz Man
07-14-2010, 07:00 AM
*sigh*
final release better not have any of this sh!t, like, pay to use NOS, and pay to level up further, and Pay to use this, blahy, blah, blah and all that kinda cr*p

HazewinDog
07-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Read your topic, i answered you...

Da Spaz Man
07-14-2010, 07:04 AM
sorry, i didnt check my email
*sheepish smile*

HazewinDog
07-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Ok, but it doesnt make a lot of sense asking the same in several topics :P

Da Spaz Man
07-14-2010, 07:06 AM
lol, true, soz about that

KrazyBoy
08-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I found a bug. I won a race, FIRST place, but in the rank list, my name suddenly gone to second.
When choose reward cards, the cards are in gold colour, which are for 1st places. If I got 2nd place the cards suppose to be silver. :S

Shaani
09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
"Disconnected from the server" its happening too often now :(

Lambenstein
11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
how can i get to lvl 50 as fast as it can pls tell me i am lvl 15

rcgldr
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
how can i get to lvl 50 as fast as it can pls tell me i am lvl 15Pusruits are probably the fastest way. Do 6 minute or so pursuits, disabling 10 to 15 cop cars in each pursuit. To avoid the Rhino's (the SUV's that ram you) I ran on the wide part of hwy 99 (see video below, I let the car get rammed by Rhinos in the video to demonstrate it, but that's rare). Other use the circle around the campus, some just go through Rosewood using pursuit breakers and evade at the Stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGN3xiJX_wQ&hd=1

ElvenAvenger
01-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Did the part drop rate really increase since last patch?

Im getting a lot more parts(also some of them are pro) but it might be just my luck right now.

In 2 days i kitted out my Evo 9, RX-7, did a significant upgrade to my Silvia and Supra, and finished tuning Charger R/T which i use for pursuits.

RuubW
01-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Did the part drop rate really increase since last patch?
From what I heard: no.

Im getting a lot more parts(also some of them are pro) but it might be just my luck right now..
It probably is.

Haven't seen you online, I'm still RUUBW if you want to add me.

ElvenAvenger
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Opinion on new patch:

Adding speedboost buyable R35 and not buffing it in that same patch is just downright stupid, idiotic, retarded, and whatever else that is wrong.

Seriously, who will buy it for 4500 speedboost!?

Its the WORST car in T3. Worst top speed, worst acceleration, crappy handling. Just the opposite of real life.

AJ_Lethal
01-19-2011, 11:23 AM
its the worst car in t3. Worst top speed, worst acceleration, crappy handling. Just the opposite of real life.
**** me!

rcgldr
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Did the part drop rate really increase since last patch?Yes, since patch 5.04, you now see pro parts after doing multi-player or private matches. I've got 5 pro parts and 2 race parts on my BMW now. It's time consuming, maybe 1 hour of game play doing private matches to get one good part. I don't know about multi-player.

ElvenAvenger
01-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Waiting with any more playing till next patch.

Cant find anyone to farm T1 and T2 parts with, because retards tell me to go play multiplayer races, that i would suck even with a pro tuned M3 and how pro they are because they drive an elise and just beat a taxi in a drag race surprisingly not crashing into the wall on a straight line.

Hopefully the patch does something to fix the crashing so that i can grind in peace, if not im waiting until they do something with car balance.
IF that fails, im sticking to other games. Its just not fun anymore. Not with races at level 30 already being filled with Boost Elises and people rubbing it in after you lose to their tuned elise with a stock 350Z.

(Because, obviously(how could i not know it, eh?), they are really, really good because they are able to press UP arrow and LEFT or RIGHT at the same time! AMAZING, isnt it?)

Yes, i tried driving the Elise.
Got bored after 5 races, i actually dont understand people who lose when they are using Lotus Elise. It just seems impossible to me.

SuperStar
12-22-2011, 12:29 AM
anybody want to explain this...12793

Ti-Sonic
05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Bug : on the "Soul"Bodykit of the Z4, exhausts doesn't appear :o