View Full Version : Have anyone played "The Getaway" for PS2?

KV12supercharged
02-10-2003, 10:09 PM
I just got a chance to try it out today! AWESOME! that's all I have to say, I hope it comes out for PC, I might just buy a PS2 for that game, it's pretty fun. Even though you can die if you are shot by the cops too many times. It's almost like the game Mafia but except in a 2003's London type of setting... very cool, they have a bunch of licensed cars like the Lexus IS300, Mercedes S500, to Honda Accords to older 80's cars, but it resembles what people in modern london would drive. Very cool, did I mention the many london cabs, Busses, even double deckers!!! and coke trucks, and some smaller Renault Hatchbacks... easily reconizable cars, the citys look real, and you can run over people... I recall ramming small renault hatchbacks in my Range Rover HSE hahahah :D really awesome.

Do you know if they are ever going to bring it for PC? I am sure PC's can handle it no problem.
http://www.thegetaway.co.uk/img/ingame18_popup.jpg
http://www.thegetaway.co.uk/img/ingame01_popup.jpg

TheFerrariman
02-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Ive heard of it, but never played it. Some game critics say its better then Vice City! :)

Jayboi
02-11-2003, 12:12 AM
I LUV IT!!!!!! Its IMO the greatest game made for PS2!!! :wave: :beer: Its better than any grand theft auto or gran turismo!!! THis game rules!!!

KV12supercharged
02-11-2003, 12:38 AM
I think in terms of realism it's better than GTA series. But In terms of Sounds and Music GTA is way better. As I said the damage models in this game is pretty cool, the glass breaks nicely. I uses more or less the same type of 3D engine as Mafia. I am sure it would looks even better on PC. But it seems like it's developed by sony entertainment... I think they might keep it PS2 only :(

nmbr1stunna
02-11-2003, 01:07 AM
I played it, and i have to say that the graphics and realism was very nice. When shot a couple of times your guy starts limping. The cars were cool and fun to drive. But to me the difficulty of the game made it very hard to enjoy. I found myself yelling out profanity more than praise :D So as far as realism and overall looks, i'd say its better than GTA Vice. But when it comes to fun, i'll stick wit my Vice City. :beer:

KV12supercharged
02-11-2003, 02:07 AM
I played it, and i have to say that the graphics and realism was very nice. When shot a couple of times your guy starts limping. The cars were cool and fun to drive. But to me the difficulty of the game made it very hard to enjoy. I found myself yelling out profanity more than praise :D So as far as realism and overall looks, i'd say its better than GTA Vice. But when it comes to fun, i'll stick wit my Vice City. :beer:

I agree with you, I enjoyed it while it lasted... well until I got shot and killed that it... The controls for the game is quite fustrating... BUt for me the Graphics usually blinds everything else for me. GTA3 and VC has lots of good humour in it to make it fun... The Getaway is all about realism...

Anonymous
02-11-2003, 03:03 AM
I don't know what's up with the direction games are going in, namely first person shooters, with this realism garbage.

GTA3 and Vice City are still my favs! :crazy:

antonyaiken
02-11-2003, 03:18 AM
i played this game non stop for hours (lost count) when i got it and i was amaised at the level of detail, not so much as wow that looks realistic but the ammount of realizms like people on the street, different cars, different charachters etc etc. i have also played gta VC and i like both but i have to agree with you people VC is more of an arcade style "kill as many people as you can) sort of game while the getaway is based arund a real life senario where a man retires from gang life only to be draged back in to it by the man who was trying to get rid of him in the first place, all because he kills the "good" guys wife and kidnaps his son. i live when you drive the london double deckers, and the Vauxhall Vectra Police cars, theyre cool to. but the best part of the game has to be when your in the first ware house and you shoot the beer cans, and watch as it squirts out!!! very cool.

naa ill stick to Gran Turismo 3 though if its all the same,

oh and i got CMR3 last night, addictive or what, i just played it for 6hrs straight last night and just to watch the damage, my tires blw up and shredded off, my fron right wheel came off and you could see all the suspension working in 3d with the brake cables and all!!!!

V V Cool!! :mrgreen:
http://www.fileshack.com/finclude/images/cmr3_movie18.jpghttp://se.gamereactor.net/DATABASE_BILLEDER/jl_PS2_23.jpg

ExceL - - - Drifter X
02-11-2003, 07:09 AM
I never got a chance to play it,but I have heard & seen it on Extended Play...very interesting game..gotta love that English accent & attitude!

Nuts4Ford
02-12-2003, 12:04 PM
is it like GTA where I can just start out and steal cars to drive around? or do I have to do missions to drive the cars?

KV12supercharged
02-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Yup. there's 2 game modes... Mission mode and Free Roam.

ging
02-14-2003, 02:09 AM
yeah that game looks sweet, you can drive my dads car in it! (alfa romeo 156)

edit: and my mums car! (fiat punto)

jellybeard999
02-14-2003, 03:03 AM
NO ITS NOT GOING TO BE OUT FOR PC

BUY A PS2

Falcon 2.0
02-23-2003, 06:25 PM
I tried the demo, and I have to say... SWEET :mrgreen:
Lotsa realism, which I like.

aldend123
02-23-2003, 06:31 PM

BUY A PS2

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jayboi
02-23-2003, 06:34 PM

BUY A PS2

:cry: wwhhhhwhwhwhwh why?? Dammit. :cry:

AzN-Racer
03-16-2003, 03:16 AM
better than all GTA!! some screen please!!!

S13DRIFTSPEC
03-16-2003, 09:34 AM
I like VC better some of my reasons is that controls aren't very good for the getaway. The fact that you can't look behind or left and right when your driving your car makes it annoying. The plus about The Getaway is that the city is huge! But no map. No motorcycles. No driveby shootings. It also has less weapons than VC and one of those coolest things about Vice City is that it alot like one of my favorite movies. SCARFACE.

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
03-16-2003, 09:35 AM
is that kinda like Ronin? <- its a movie.. great car chases in France I think.. its pretty good.. European cars , no imports

Jimmy
03-23-2003, 03:43 AM

BUY A PS2

It's made By SCEE and SCEA(Sony Computer Entertainment Europe/America). If ya want to play the Getaway, no choice but to buy a Ps2.

CaPa DoN
03-31-2003, 08:23 AM

BUY A PS2

It's made By SCEE and SCEA(Sony Computer Entertainment Europe/America). If ya want to play the Getaway, no choice but to buy a Ps2.

you can always try to play it with a Emulator. i don't know if there are any PS2 emulators avaible...i really hope someday this game will be converted to PC. why the **** don't they make this kind of games of PC. like GranTourismo or The Getaway...