TUDOR_T_BEST
04-11-2010, 05:05 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8384/nitros.png

koenigsegger
04-11-2010, 09:46 AM
No! Now the Lambo is in the hell...

SubyRS
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Your topic fits how I'm feeling about NFSW. This game is dying. Nobody parked aroung race icons any more. Nothing but two player races found this last week, and that is after waiting for over one minute each time. Then you have to wait another minute for the race start timer. Last night there were no races to be found on my first three track choices. Tonight I finally found one race. Three of us ran, I won, eyes rolled back into sockets in semi-comatose state. Shook head. Can't take any more. Quit game. Finally reaching level 15 I'm done. I can't believe some people can do the whole 50 ! It's free, but gawd it is boring and pointless. I'll fire up UG2 or Most Wanted instead where I feel like I am actually getting somewhere.

Zpectre
09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Your topic fits how I'm feeling about NFSW. This game is dying. Nobody parked aroung race icons any more. Nothing but two player races found this last week, and that is after waiting for over one minute each time. Then you have to wait another minute for the race start timer. Last night there were no races to be found on my first three track choices. Tonight I finally found one race. Three of us ran, I won, eyes rolled back into sockets in semi-comatose state. Shook head. Can't take any more. Quit game. Finally reaching level 15 I'm done. I can't believe some people can do the whole 50 ! It's free, but gawd it is boring and pointless. I'll fire up UG2 or Most Wanted instead where I feel like I am actually getting somewhere.

I agree 100% with everything you said, except I don't even try the multiplayer races because I hear they're chaotic with people ramming and using traffic magnet all the time. The progress in this game is ridiculous. Races give almost nothing and pursuits are filled with millions of cheap cops which magically appear from nowhere (very unlike MW which gave you a breathing window between each backup). Besides, doing only pursuits to level up is horribly boring, because to finish them quickly you end up repeating the same strategy over and over.

Another reason I dislike being forced to do pursuits is that you end up being controlled by the game. Unlike races, pursuits can go on indefinitely and you have little control over when you want to leave them unless you're willing to get busted, losing valuable cash in the process.

Furthermore, everything is too expensive and I wonder how people manage to accumulate 2,000,000 in cash to buy the M3 GTR, since you simply don't earn enough money for that. Probably they start saving from level 1.

I've played until level 12 because I wanted to get the green performance package for the Silvia to make my car look a bit better. Unfortunately it's disappointing because the car's top speed was boosted by only 10 kph, which doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

SubyRS
09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I stuck with the game until reaching level 15 on Monday, thinking maybe there would be another garage space made available. That didn't happen and as far as I know, people are saying they don't know when another garage space opens up. So no new car to paint. So all I got out of level 15 was the 1st upgrade for my 350Z which looks a little better (especially at the stock ride height LOL).

I imagine EA is just counting on the billboard advertisements paying off to keep the free game going. But is it just me or is no one even paying attention to advertisements? I've never even seen a billboard or ad in this game. I mean, you are either racing, looking for a race, or waiting for the countdown stage timer to expire. Maybe EA should put the ads in the staging area?

All the ramming is pretty much a given with a game that features destructive power-ups. It seems the standard strategy in World is to ram into the car ahead of you in a corner. The good racer slows and takes the perfect line which means a wide entrance and looking for the apex. The NFSW racers go straight WFOL into you at a the corner entrance, sending you flying and them into the lead every time.

I've seen many comments about "freakin Rammers" after a race, but this game does encourage it. Maybe there will eventually be some new game mode that prooves fun for a little while. But I'm done chasing money and Rep because it takes you nowhere. NFSW a very well done racing platform, just not very well executed IMO. But it's free, so it doesn't "tick me off" like a game I might have paid for.:D

ElvenAvenger
09-30-2010, 12:34 PM
One thing:

TOO DAMN LOW REP AND CASH REWARDS.

Honestly, tell me ONE Need For Speed game that forces you to grind away 5000 races to get a better car.

130k for a RX-7.

So far i got to lvl 8, bought only one tuning package and car, i have about 30k cash. So what, ill get my RX-7 at level 50 because THATS when ill have enough money? They should give atleast 100% more of both cash and rep to make it a "reward" for a race. Not "Do 5000 races, buy a car, now do 2500 races, upgrade it, now do 4000 races, upgrade it again. Here, now do it again for Tier 3."

As for rammers....Well, other games make YOU pay more for ramming someone. NFSW though, actually rewards you for it. You ram someone, he goes flying, you take a corner without losing any speed or maybe even gaining it, and no need for any effort.

I take a corner by braking/positioning myself properly.

Someone else just rams the wall.

Just guess who is first afterwards.

SubyRS
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
I went online with NFSW last night and found zero multiplayer races to join. I tried multi-player races all over the map at level 15, and finally found one other person to race. Then 20 seconds before the start of the race he left. This game is dyin'. It might get some renewed interest when they release some new game modes, but it is not doing well right now.

NFSW could be viewed as a vehicle to stay in practice for HP3. But probably not when compared back to back with Most Wanted. The physics in NFSW are dumbed way down and is much easier to play. No doubt to make it keyboard control friendly.

3ni_2nr
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I haven't logged in for like 3 weeks and I guess most of the players share that same feeling.

OscarDaGrouch
10-21-2010, 05:20 AM
i think its been over two months since my last login..when i did feel like playing all i could think about is how pointless it would be when i win and get barely anything for it..