View Full Version : Transport Tycoon (deluxe), anyone here still playing?

Sander
02-12-2003, 12:53 AM
I was just curious: is anyone here still playing Transport Tycoon (Deluxe)? It's one of the best games in that genre and has recently become popular again due to all kinds of mods through a patch. This patch makes it possible to build bigger stations, longer trains, faster trains and since a couple of weeks also completely new vehicles. I've been playing it since I got the game (about 5 years ago... The game is from 1995) and I am still not tired of it.

I'll post some screenshots later today :)

savidge
02-12-2003, 01:05 AM
I thought about buying it now, it costs only 2 Euro here (attached CD in a Magazine - Full Version)

But I got Tachyon yesterday for 1 Euro, after I worked on my current projects (IRD-Site Layout, a new car) I gonna start this first.

Sander
02-12-2003, 01:30 AM
More screenshots :)

KV12supercharged
02-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Holy, that game I use to play all the time all thru Grade 6! those were the days. I don't have it anymore ever since my Harddrive crashed a week ago... But it's an awesome game, I remember playing this on my 486... I love putting train tracks up infront of competition's truck depots then let my trains smash into thier trucks hehehe :)

savidge
02-12-2003, 04:08 AM
uuuh, that game, yeah, I still have it on my hdd, last time I played was half a year ago. I thought you mean Railroad Tycoon, but I didnt saw the pics.

memnoch
02-12-2003, 05:06 AM
I don't have it anymore :( , but back when did, i played all the time :D
the only thing that bothered me was the ships, they were too darn slow :crazy: (well I am a speed freak :mrgreen: ).
Even so it was a kickA$$ game :dopey: :dopey: :dopey:

ging
02-14-2003, 02:15 AM
omg that game rules! i used to play that all the time, i think ill reinstall it now lol

TTC
02-15-2003, 06:47 AM
thats was a cool game( and it still is)
where can i download those mods (like that ICE train)

Sander
02-15-2003, 08:33 AM
thats was a cool game( and it still is)
where can i download those mods (like that ICE train)
You can download the patch from www.ttdpatch.com. Mods can be found on www.tt-forums.net

The ICE in the picture is standard in TTDeluxe, it's a MagLev train. The first MagLev's are available around 2020 in the game, the ICE is introduced around 2040.

TTC
02-16-2003, 01:30 AM
i havent played the game for a long time,
dus it work with XP?

Sander
02-16-2003, 02:38 AM
dus it work with XP?
If you use the TTDPatch, it will work. Read more about that on www.ttdpatch.com.

TTC
02-16-2003, 04:18 AM
dus it work with XP?
If you use the TTDPatch, it will work. Read more about that on www.ttdpatch.com.
thx :)