View Full Version : 2010 Chevy Camaro RS

MSFT
05-26-2010, 01:02 AM
To all those that say that America (or GM) doesn't know how to make a car, I direct your attention to the new Camaro. And for those that know me, I have this to say to her: my engine's bigger than Yuan's. And I'm not a fag. I win.

Proof will come later, I don't take pics for NFSCars, I take them for the real world.

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_9309.jpg

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_9314.jpg

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_9317.jpg

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_9322.jpg

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_9323.jpg

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_9350.jpg

Long live GM.

Kracka
05-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Boring color.

God.

What a waste.

Once my money tree blooms again, I will try to pick up a Synergy Green SS ;)

I <3 the car sir.

GTR
05-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Boring color.
Word.

Once my money tree blooms again, I will try to pick up a Synergy Green SS ;)
Oh yes. Black strips and black edition blacked out rims with metal colored lips, please.

I <3 the car sir.
As do I.

Needs some colors man. Paint those calipers red (or blue) and the rims black.

Now we're talking.

Bl0cks
05-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Great pics, I really like the first one.

Primus
05-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Is that a V6?

Get rid of those trash can-like mufflers. It makes the car look like a cheap Aveo. Lower it an inch, buy a bigger brake kit, sway bars, and an intake kit for now.

kewl ryde d00d.

P.S. the Starship Enterprise called; it wants its interior back.

Tubaman
05-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Quite sexy Sir...

hondaman
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
There's nothing wrong with a silver car, lol...

I agree though, awesome ride.

Killua
05-26-2010, 07:01 PM
These cars look pretty cool in person.

The 3rd picture is nice by the way.

View171
05-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Hotness <3
love the car... Sir.
lol

MuscleCarFreak
05-26-2010, 09:13 PM
And I'm not a fag. I win.

I thought fags and women buy V6 Camaros?

GT5
05-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Looks nice.
Uhm, remove the RS badge and tune it to hell. =]

Nik.
05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Its a Camaro.

Zpectre
05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
So many colors in GM's catalog, and you choose SILVER? :\

I don't like V6 Camaros (or Mustangs, or Challengers for that matter) but with 300 bhp it should be a fun ride.

MSFT
05-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I thought fags and women buy V6 Camaros?

That's funny because it's actually a confirmed fact that only faggots buy Subaru Bajas.

Dr.DooM
05-28-2010, 02:37 AM
^ ^ burn!
Nice car thoough!

MSFT
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Forgot to post the proof

http://agentmsft.com/pics/camaro/rotm/IMG_0013.jpg

ricersHA
05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
what's wrong with american cars anyways just because the common thought american can't build good cars are idiots

Schaefft
06-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Except that theres an V8 option there isnt too much wrong with the V6, 300HP are 300HP. Great car, the color could be worse. But yeah, if theres an V8 option the V6 doesnt "look" as good as similar engines in other cars without. Atleast you get better MPG! :D

How much did you pay btw?

GTR
06-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Get rid of those trash can-like mufflers. It makes the car look like a cheap Aveo.

Seconded, plus they are heavy as ****.

I'm sure there'll be a massive aftermarket parts selection for this car in a few years.

The silver color does seem a bit generic, but with the right selection of parts, some creativity and some balls, it won't be for long.

RedTwentyFour
06-01-2010, 07:04 AM
if you cant find it anymore, eth. its not the fact that it turned to a transformer and moved away, its because i stole and shipped it over. i love it.

nfslover101
06-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Nice car, saw a Synergy green one during a huge cruise this year. Very nice :D
have to see if I have pictures of it.

Kracka
06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Seconded, plus they are heavy as ****.

I'm sure there'll be a massive aftermarket parts selection for this car in a few years.

The silver color does seem a bit generic, but with the right selection of parts, some creativity and some balls, it won't be for long.

The aftermarket parts selection is already huge... parts were being produced before the car was even released.

MuscleCarFreak
06-01-2010, 02:50 PM
That's funny because it's actually a confirmed fact that only faggots buy Subaru Bajas.

LOL... I walked into that one...

But
The Baja is more or less just a work car... Want me to remind you what sits in my garage?

nfslover101
06-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Found the one I was talking about earlier:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs659.snc3/32559_1483774458194_1348844572_1280010_5623674_n.j pg
I do believe this is the Synergy, could be wrong though.

MSFT
06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Uhm, remove the RS badge and tune it to hell. =]
Why would I remove the thing that cost me $1500?

Except that theres an V8 option there isnt too much wrong with the V6, 300HP are 300HP. Great car, the color could be worse. But yeah, if theres an V8 option the V6 doesnt "look" as good as similar engines in other cars without. Atleast you get better MPG! :D

Well let's see. While the LS3 and its L99 auto tranny counterpart are indeed excellent engines, they are only available in the SS models. The 1SS starts at $30,945. Sure, it comes with Brembo brakes, 20 inch rims, and 426bhp/420 lb-ft torque. However, Chevy restricts almost every luxury upgrade on the 1SS. You need the 2SS for that, and that one basically starts at $34,000. Tack on NYS tax/title/license, and you're looking at, for the base 2SS, over $38,000. Give me a ****ing break.

I've got the 2LT RS. Sure, it's only got the V6, but it's got every option except for the sunroof, which is ****ing useless. If you want sun, get a convertible. All those features, and I still paid less than the base 1SS. I'd take an impressively luxurious V6 over a bare bones performance car any day. And for those of you that say these cars aren't "supposed" to be luxurious, wake the **** up. This is America in 2010, not the ****ing hippie generation.

What makes you think I'm going to tack on any aftermarket part? I have no need to touch the thing in any way, shape or form. This isn't an old used car, it's brand new and I happen to think it's great.

First of all, I happen to like silver. Second, NY state police pull over more than enough cars like the Camaro for no reason as it is. Why would I want to attract even more attention to myself?

if you cant find it anymore, eth. its not the fact that it turned to a transformer and moved away, its because i stole and shipped it over. i love it.
Haha, Rick they've got the Transformers package for that.

Zpectre
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Well let's see. While the LS3 and its L99 auto tranny counterpart are indeed excellent engines, they are only available in the SS models. The 1SS starts at $30,945. Sure, it comes with Brembo brakes, 20 inch rims, and 426bhp/420 lb-ft torque. However, Chevy restricts almost every luxury upgrade on the 1SS. You need the 2SS for that, and that one basically starts at $34,000. Tack on NYS tax/title/license, and you're looking at, for the base 2SS, over $38,000. Give me a ****ing break.

I've got the 2LT RS. Sure, it's only got the V6, but it's got every option except for the sunroof, which is ****ing useless. If you want sun, get a convertible. All those features, and I still paid less than the base 1SS. I'd take an impressively luxurious V6 over a bare bones performance car any day. And for those of you that say these cars aren't "supposed" to be luxurious, wake the **** up. This is America in 2010, not the ****ing hippie generation.

V8 > options.

You did the rational buy but I don't know if the Camaro itself is a rational buy.

Hate the bitterness of Faction people.

mecha
06-02-2010, 12:20 AM

what's that you just said?

I'll give you some bitterness, I really don't know who you are or where you came from, and frankly I don't give a shit. I'm tired of you smug *******s with your bullshit comments. nobody here talks constantly about your little shitty toaster cars or your overrated luxury cars, why do you all have to constantly talk shit about American cars and then call us out on some supposed "bitterness" and this "of the faction" shit.

seriously, what is with all the faction hate? you can't take a few jokes? contrary to what may have been perceived over the years, F-body Faction was once about making a couple specific models of cars, and it's understandable with the heavy international influence of the NFS community that it's not going to be for everyone, but people can praise other modelers for garbage work all the time, and we never get our due, ever.

and then you have to come talk shit in someone's ride thread. MSFT likes his Camaro. go like your Bimmers and shut the **** up elsewhere already.

Max Prez
06-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Congrats on the ride, man. Looks wicked.

SLP Firehawk
06-02-2010, 12:33 AM
V8 > options.

You did the rational buy but I don't know if the Camaro itself is a rational buy.

broadcasting the fact that need to compensate for your small weiner > driving whatever you choose to drive MIRITE GUIS

Azrael
06-02-2010, 12:52 AM
300 hp is nice for a 6 yes bit its issue is torque and the transmission gearing and the weight of the car its self
i really dislike gms new option groups
in other words the issue really is it dosnt feel like 300 hp because everything is holding it back

why would he need a brake kit? it has dual piston alloy caliper as it sits with rotors as large and thicker then my upgrade kit on my camaro
yes sadly it shares the same brakes as the last generation 1998 tech but they work very well the current v6 models stop about as well as the brembo fitted v8 cars mainly the engine weight differance

silver is the color that looks good on the car not to mention you will almost never see the minor bumps and bruises the car will see over the years most of the other colors make the car just look fat

yes sadly the rs package mainly adds better headlights that should be standard anyways and a few other minor things
but atlest its a normal camaro name unlike camaro LS LT was use only in the 70s

i was going to say something about zpectre but really he makes a fool of im self already so im not even going to waste my time

MuscleCarFreak
06-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I think you've got 'Bitterness' confused with 'Brutally Honest.'

Primus
06-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Smells like old men. Not to mention it is sure is butthurt in here.

RedCarDriver
06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow, the F-Body Faction dukes it out with Zpectre :o

...back on topic:

Excellent car, congratulations :D Disregarding the "why didn't you get the V8?" argument, the V6 is a very competent engine. With an aftermarket exhaust system like other people have mentioned, maybe a new air intake, and a couple of other mods, the engine will be quite satisfying.

On a related note, it looks like SLP makes the Loudmouth exhaust system for the V6 as well as the V8, and I've heard that the SLP Loudmouth exhaust is great on the V8.

Kracka
06-03-2010, 02:43 AM
I, being the owner of an SLP Loudmouth system, would NEVER put a straight through exhaust setup on a v6.

mecha
06-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Wow, the F-Body Faction dukes it out with Zpectre :o

**** that gay.

ordinarily I give old timers a free pass, but he offers nothing useful to the discussion. like I said, we don't go in his car threads and talk about his native homosexual autos.

Zpectre? that like SPECTRE? only communist I love is Primus.

the end.

EVO9MR
06-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I like the Camaro :)

Allure
06-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice car. Silver's not generic at all.

DJMantis
06-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Good ol' fashioned mass arguements. NFSCars at its best.

Silver: generic...but who gives a shit, it's awesome.

mecha
06-05-2010, 03:06 AM
honestly, I don't understand the hate for silver. when I got my Saturn Ion new a few years ago, I picked silver as well. as Kracka has pointed out, it masks a lot of shit. of course, I had dent-resistance, but it didn't stop *******s from trading paint on it in the parking lot at my work.

it's irrelevant now though, that car got wrecked by another shithead that ran a red light. woe is me.

but yeah, silver's fantastic, doesn't look bad when you don't wash it either. :P

and in the Camaro's case, it was the same color as the concept. this car is actually well-known for being very faithful to the original concept, unlike the Mustang which was heavily watered down from its awesome concept back in 2003.

GTR
06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
What makes you think I'm going to tack on any aftermarket part? I have no need to touch the thing in any way, shape or form. This isn't an old used car, it's brand new and I happen to think it's great.
Because I would.

Do you know what you just bought? This isn't a ****ing slushmobile lexus. This IS a sports car. 304hp isn't what you get out of your average daily driver car. Not long from now a 2011 V6 Mustang will pull next to you and want you to race. Or a 350Z or a G35. Even older V8s might want to take a shot at you. If you lose or p**** out I'll personally fly to NY, cut your head off, skin it, turn it into a vinyl and slap it on your hood. Then I'll steal your car, twin turbo it and run the guy you lost to over with it, right after kicking his *** in a race.

You're getting a CAI and you're getting rid of those dumbass mufflers. Start thinking about a turbo. End of discussion.
Don't tell me you don't have money because you obviously do.

First of all, I happen to like silver. Second, NY state police pull over more than enough cars like the Camaro for no reason as it is. Why would I want to attract even more attention to myself?
Yeah that's why I said you need balls. Nothing wrong with Silver. A lot wrong with not having balls.
Don't tell me you don't because you obviously do. You have a ****ing Camaro.

RedCarDriver
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Start thinking about a turbo. End of discussion.

Quoted for truth.

Also, even though a lot of people are whining about the silver color, it'll look really good with a set of aftermarket wheels and hood stripes or something. Or leave it silver and visually stock, and it'll be quite a sleeper once you make performance mods :evil:

Primus
06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
why would he need a brake kit? it has dual piston alloy caliper as it sits with rotors as large and thicker then my upgrade kit on my camaro
yes sadly it shares the same brakes as the last generation 1998 tech but they work very well the current v6 models stop about as well as the brembo fitted v8 cars mainly the engine weight differance

Dual piston calipers, you say!?!? WRONG! The V6 only has a single-piston caliper. Nice try, though. And those brakes are shit. 12.4 inches on a 3800LBs car? You know how hot and fast those are gonna wear in long stopping distances? Sure, the Brembos are only 15ft behind the base models for 70-0, but for, let's say 120-0, it's gonna be a huge gap.

3ni_2nr
06-05-2010, 12:15 PM
If you lose or p**** out I'll personally fly to NY, cut your head off, skin it, turn it into a vinyl and slap it on your hood.

'the **** was that?

Allure
06-05-2010, 04:53 PM
'the **** was that?

That was Amir's Camaro personality taking over him. Scary shit.

mecha
06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
gay.

except for Allure's sigs, they're very not gay.

mecha
06-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Because I would.

Do you know what you just bought? This isn't a ****ing slushmobile lexus. This IS a sports car. 304hp isn't what you get out of your average daily driver car. Not long from now a 2011 V6 Mustang will pull next to you and want you to race. Or a 350Z or a G35. Even older V8s might want to take a shot at you. If you lose or p**** out I'll personally fly to NY, cut your head off, skin it, turn it into a vinyl and slap it on your hood. Then I'll steal your car, twin turbo it and run the guy you lost to over with it, right after kicking his *** in a race.

You're getting a CAI and you're getting rid of those dumbass mufflers. Start thinking about a turbo. End of discussion.

Yeah that's why I said you need balls. Nothing wrong with Silver. A lot wrong with not having balls.
Don't tell me you don't because you obviously do. You have a ****ing Camaro.

Amir, shut the **** up.

not everybody gets their jollies off pulling up next to people and "racing" all the time. in fact, it's when you people on this site start talking about this kind of shit that I say **** this place, I have no use for any of you. not everything in life revolves around modifying cars to go faster. it's when people like you start saying some shit about me and how I don't have an F-body that I say I don't give a **** what you think, because my life doesn't revolve around going fast in cars.

my life has its share of other responsibilities that go beyond automotives. it would be BLATANTLY irresponsible of me to have a car that I have to sink THOUSANDS of dollars into just for what... "street cred"? to impress some jackoffs on an internet message board?

I'll tell you this, if I dropped 30,000+ dollars on a NEW car, the last ****ing thing I would be thinking about is what I'm going to do to somehow "improve" it. I had a Saturn Ion 2.4, that's been made clear to everyone except Sin who seems to think I'm stupid enough to buy a Kia, but that doesn't matter, what matters is an Ion 2.4 had a high ceiling for improvement, and I didn't exercise that. why? because I was plenty content with a ****ing 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine in its stock form, that's why.

if you *******s have been looking for a reason for me to tell you to **** off and leave me alone permanently, then you've got it.

I have no use for you worthless ****s anymore.

and I'm sure MSFT doesn't either after your ignorant comment.

GTR
06-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Amir, shut the **** up.

not everybody gets their jollies off pulling up next to people and "racing" all the time. in fact, it's when you people on this site start talking about this kind of shit that I say **** this place, I have no use for any of you. not everything in life revolves around modifying cars to go faster. it's when people like you start saying some shit about me and how I don't have an F-body that I say I don't give a **** what you think, because my life doesn't revolve around going fast in cars.

my life has its share of other responsibilities that go beyond automotives. it would be BLATANTLY irresponsible of me to have a car that I have to sink THOUSANDS of dollars into just for what... "street cred"? to impress some jackoffs on an internet message board?

I'll tell you this, if I dropped 30,000+ dollars on a NEW car, the last ****ing thing I would be thinking about is what I'm going to do to somehow "improve" it. I had a Saturn Ion 2.4, that's been made clear to everyone except Sin who seems to think I'm stupid enough to buy a Kia, but that doesn't matter, what matters is an Ion 2.4 had a high ceiling for improvement, and I didn't exercise that. why? because I was plenty content with a ****ing 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine in its stock form, that's why.

if you *******s have been looking for a reason for me to tell you to **** off and leave me alone permanently, then you've got it.

Hey buddy, new flash! You're on a gaming forum, about NFS. You know, that game that's about racing cars n shit? If you found that so undesirable and so unimportant why did you stick around for 10 years?

No, I didn't actually mean he should dump thousands into his car. But any mentally healthy person capable of dreaming should be dreaming. If he actually likes the car he has high hopes for it. I'm just pissed because he treats it like it's a brand new Accord or some shit.

You know what life revolves around? YOU. YOUR life revolves around YOU. Not cars, but nor your job, your girlfriend, your bills or anything else.

You know what life is? You don't. It's your time to sense the world, and everything in it. Not to grind along for years because of what's economically sound the most.

I'm serious Mecha. You've become dull and soulless like all the other half dead zombies walking this world. It sounds like you've become a slave to what you have rather than the other way around.

I know, you know, we all know. You want an F-Body. You'd LOVE an F-body. But for some dumb reason you've convinced yourself that a 2 grand car is a financially irresponsible decision and that you're not worth it.

Come back when you've stopped being a reproaching parent. When you're not scared to step over your lines a little bit. When you felt life flowing through your veins again. When you're Mecha again.

Sinister
06-06-2010, 08:41 PM
RM, let me know if you need a quick plunge of your thread's bullshit.

GTR
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
RM, let me know if you need a quick plunge of your thread's bullshit.

RM?

lolwtf

Sinister
06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
yeah, I dunno why I said that either.. MSFT*

MuscleCarFreak
06-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey buddy, new flash! You're on a gaming forum, about NFS. You know, that game that's about racing cars n shit? If you found that so undesirable and so unimportant why did you stick around for 10 years?

No, I didn't actually mean he should dump thousands into his car. But any mentally healthy person capable of dreaming should be dreaming. If he actually likes the car he has high hopes for it. I'm just pissed because he treats it like it's a brand new Accord or some shit.

You know what life revolves around? YOU. YOUR life revolves around YOU. Not cars, but nor your job, your girlfriend, your bills or anything else.

You know what life is? You don't. It's your time to sense the world, and everything in it. Not to grind along for years because of what's economically sound the most.

I'm serious Mecha. You've become dull and soulless like all the other half dead zombies walking this world. It sounds like you've become a slave to what you have rather than the other way around.

I know, you know, we all know. You want an F-Body. You'd LOVE an F-body. But for some dumb reason you've convinced yourself that a 2 grand car is a financially irresponsible decision and that you're not worth it.

Come back when you've stopped being a reproaching parent. When you're not scared to step over your lines a little bit. When you felt life flowing through your veins again. When you're Mecha again.

GTR.. You have to understand that mecha does infact do shit he enjoys. His interests just dont evolve around cars at the momment. Honestly, I doubt cars were ever important to him. Just important enough to be considered a tool.

mechas all grown up. one of the few who has. He's reached an age and mental state where he doesn't need to please children.
I actually wish I had the same mindset as his. As materialistic as I am, and always wanting more of everything I have, it has made me idiotic with my money, and I'm never satisfied with what I have.
I have so many cool things, but what do I have to show for it? An empty wallet and sorry fools who actually felt impressed with what I have.
MSFT treats his car the way he should. He got something he wanted. You said it yourself that you should be able to do what you want, but you're also trying to tell him that he should turn it into a hotrod. What exactly do you want from him?

It doesn't always need to be another installment of Fast n Furious. If he wanted a fast car, he would have bought a fast car.

Kracka
06-07-2010, 02:49 AM
GTR...I guess you don't recall when I previously mentioned that THE ****ING ECU ISNT CRACKED YET FOR THIS VEHICLE, YOU CAN NOT TUNE THE V6 CARS. Putting any money into this car would be like buying an LT1 car....which is a waste of money.

Sorry, but I can't stand when you have diarrhea of the mouth when typing out these bullshit posts of yours.

They share the same ECU of the CTS' which won't have support for quite some time, if ever.

GTR
06-07-2010, 03:34 AM
GTR.. You have to understand that mecha does infact do shit he enjoys. His interests just dont evolve around cars at the momment. Honestly, I doubt cars were ever important to him. Just important enough to be considered a tool.

mechas all grown up. one of the few who has. He's reached an age and mental state where he doesn't need to please children.
I actually wish I had the same mindset as his. As materialistic as I am, and always wanting more of everything I have, it has made me idiotic with my money, and I'm never satisfied with what I have.
I have so many cool things, but what do I have to show for it? An empty wallet and sorry fools who actually felt impressed with what I have.
MSFT treats his car the way he should. He got something he wanted. You said it yourself that you should be able to do what you want, but you're also trying to tell him that he should turn it into a hotrod. What exactly do you want from him?

It doesn't always need to be another installment of Fast n Furious. If he wanted a fast car, he would have bought a fast car.

I like cars, I like street racing, and I like NFS. I'm where I should be, and I'm saying what you should expect to hear at a place like this.

No one goes to a body building forum to nag about people's obsession over their built. No one goes on a gay forum to talk about what bible has to say about gays. No one goes to a bar to talk about how bad alcohol is. People there hear that shit on a daily basis. They're there to share interest, not lose it.

And if anyone does, they obviously don't belong there, they're just there to reproach.

In short, no one becomes an active and passionate member of a forum about something he has no interest in.

There's no way he had no interest initially. My speculation? He liked cars, but over time he lost his passion.

GTR...I guess you don't recall when I previously mentioned that THE ****ING ECU ISNT CRACKED YET FOR THIS VEHICLE, YOU CAN NOT TUNE THE V6 CARS. Putting any money into this car would be like buying an LT1 car....which is a waste of money.

Sorry, but I can't stand when you have diarrhea of the mouth when typing out these bullshit posts of yours.

They share the same ECU of the CTS' which won't have support for quite some time, if ever.

What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything about ECU? Do you need to retune the ECU to remove mufflers and put a CAI? Are you serious?

lol, an LT1 car is not a waste of money. Far from it. It's cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure, cheaper to repair, parts are cheaper...in fact many would argue an LS1 is a waste of money in comparison.

Believe me, I hate having to spell my shit out too. But I think you either get angry that my post is long and read it while pissed off, or don't bother reading it at all. I'm not saying anything bad or hateful if you actually see what I'm getting at.

MuscleCarFreak
06-07-2010, 03:39 AM
I like cars, I like street racing, and I like NFS. I'm where I should be, and I'm saying what you should expect to hear at a place like this...

You're the only one who should be here then... Thats all I'm sayin'

Kracka
06-07-2010, 04:00 AM
What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything about ECU? Do you need to retune the ECU to remove mufflers and put a CAI? Are you serious?

Believe me, I hate having to spell my shit out a lot more than you hate reading it.

What is the point in spending money on a cold air intake when you can't adjust the fueling, and timing to actually make a difference in performance?

More colder denser air sounds like it makes a big difference, but more air and a tune that isnt adjusted for a broader range of air flow will just allow the car to run leaner, which isn't exactly a good thing.

Another way would possibly having the car "learn" to adapt to the airflow coming in by dumping more fuel based off of the temperatures and volume of flow due to the Mass Air Flow sensor and thus allowing the car to run rich.

MSFT
06-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Because I would.
Okay. You're not even close to being me, in case you haven't noticed that one yet.

Do you know what you just bought?
A 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS. A mid-ranged sports car that features an assortment of luxury and performance items.

304hp isn't what you get out of your average daily driver car. Not long from now a 2011 V6 Mustang will pull next to you and want you to race. Or a 350Z or a G35. Even older V8s might want to take a shot at you.
Those cars have all pulled up next to me. Do you know what happens? Strangely enough, NOBODY wants to race, we exchange thumbs up and smiles and go about our business because we're all MATURE enough to know what NOT to do. In my state, there's a cop at every intersection and every hidden spot on a highway. Radar detectors won't help you, our state troopers are smarter than to leave their guns running. Street racing yields an instant arrest on the spot, automatic license suspension, a trip to the impound for your car, and a nice increase in insurance. Now, do I want to deal with that shit? No, I don't want to deal with that shit. And neither does anybody else that's mature enough to have to pay their own bills.

If you lose or p**** out I'll personally fly to NY, cut your head off, skin it, turn it into a vinyl and slap it on your hood. Then I'll steal your car, twin turbo it and run the guy you lost to over with it, right after kicking his *** in a race.
You touch my car and I'll have my friends at the NYPD and DA's office throw your *** in jail.

I like the mufflers. There is no need for a turbo, I am perfectly fine with my car as it is and have no need to VOID MY ****ING WARRANTY.

It's not about having money. It's about what makes me happy, and the car as it is does that just fine.

Here's a novel idea, Amir:

When you grow up and get to write GM a check for $650 every month plus insurance, you can decide what to do to YOUR car. Until then, eat a bag of dicks. Thanks.

mecha
06-07-2010, 04:24 AM

yes, this is a forum for Need For Speed games. somewhere along the way, EA pandered to the little jerkoff 11 year olds that thought The Fast and the Furious was cool and it became not about driving expensive exotics on closed circuit tracks, but about tuning Dodge Neons and Supras and other misc. gay cars and engaging in street races. after that, NFSCars in particular became less about talking about games and more about other dickholes like yourself that brag about going fast for no apparent reason.

as for why I stuck around for 10 years, it's because I actually made friends here, and actually had an interest in moving forward with releasing cars. I decided that instead of shitcanning you, that I'll shitcan the entire F-body Faction instead.

as a former new car owner (I paid a whole new car off) I enjoyed having a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty. go ahead, start ****ing with shit on a new car for no reason, see where that gets you. I think Kracka already established that you really don't know what you're talking about in this area anyway.

you call me the soulless one, you don't seem to possess affection for other things in life but yourself. realistically, what I do in my life should have no bearing on your every day living functions. I value my car because I had a car before that I had taken away from me because someone else had a momentary lapse of judgment (breaking laws should be a familiar concept to you, right?). my job requires me to fulfill certain responsibilities on a daily basis because truly nobody knows how to do a ****ing thing there unless I either show them how to do it, or I do it myself. I value kicking *** there on a daily basis, I also do my own stunts in case people thought I was seemingly unable to live dangerously. my fiance -- oh right, that's none of your business first of all, but secondly I must value her quite highly to have a desire to marry her. I pay my bills, they require a high degree of concentration.

I don't give a **** if this subject wasn't your meaning, I felt the need to explain a little bit more about myself to the world.

I have 7 years on you, in that 7 years time I have done and seen things that you probably never will. what I choose to do with my life from this point on shouldn't be of any concern to you. soon I will be a property and business owner spanning over 27 acres. why? because I worked for it, and have expressed a degree of discipline that you can only wish you had, not to mention all the facets of technical expertise that I have learned and exhibit frequently. I deal with people from various walks of life at my job, I have a sense of the world and what the **** is going on in it, because if I didn't, we wouldn't be making any money to survive now would we? we must be doing something right, cause I see businesses open and close all the time, and many independent operations in our industry can't hold on because they SPEND RECKLESSLY. if you can't manage your own wallet, then you're going to pretty ****ed for many years to come. I don't indulge the many finer things in life right now because I have to pay off certain other things first. I have many other opportunities to do the things that I want. and once again, what the **** do you care?

you don't even know me. so stop acting like you can write my A&E Biography, junior.

I want the car. I don't want to maintain the car. at what point did you not grasp the economic irresponsibility that's at stake when said car will be your daily driver? cause I know I don't have the financial means for running 2 cars. your car might have been a 2 grand car, and don't bullshit me about all the fixes and improvements you had to do on it to make it functional. I don't want or need a project car, because if it hasn't already been established yet, I barely have enough time to do what the **** it is that I do every day. I know people that bought cars and sank thousands of dollars into them to make them race cars, and at the end of the day when they couldn't AFFORD it anymore, do you think they recouped all the money they wasted? no. they took a car they had $13,000 in and wound up selling it for LESS THAN that fabled $2000 you speak of. and for what? to "go fast" for a brief period of their life? when all those pesky other factors like bills, and wives and kids, and learning how to not live like a total jagoff came into play?

fine, enjoy your years of being a know-it-all genius. one day the clarity will come to you, permitting you don't off yourself or get in trouble with the law. karma ****ing sucks, remember that.

I'll come and go as I please, thank you. that's a luxury I've afforded and earned the last 8 years. I overstep boundaries all the time, in the real world. here, I'll be mecha right now.

ready for it?

please fuhttp://zck off and die soon.

oh, and newsflash, cuhttp://zntlips, F-body Faction is no more.

GTR
06-07-2010, 04:39 AM
**** this. All I'm trying to say is you gotta live your life. Have fun with your shit. You don't need to 100% logical about everything.

Can we agree on that?

mecha
06-07-2010, 04:42 AM
**** this. All I'm trying to say is you gotta live your life. Have fun with your shit. You don't need to 100% logical about everything.

Can we agree on that?

nobody even likes you.

you see those people in your Friends list on here? they're not your friends. they just pity you.

GTR
06-07-2010, 05:17 AM
nobody even likes you.

you see those people in your Friends list on here? they're not your friends. they just pity you.

Good one. :)

I know a lotta people who do look up to me, and like me the way I am.

I know I gotta chill the **** out every now and then, but I'm not that bad. Really.

osa_mah91
06-19-2010, 09:56 AM
love the car!

could use a better colour tbh.

DaRk5hOot3r
06-19-2010, 10:22 AM
MSFT if I were you, Id try and paint that black with white stripes. But I still love the car

Kracka
06-20-2010, 04:14 AM
lol, an LT1 car is not a waste of money. Far from it. It's cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure, cheaper to repair, parts are cheaper...in fact many would argue an LS1 is a waste of money in comparison.

Just saw that...

I think you've lost your mind, sir. If the LS1 is such a waste of money, why is everyone swapping it into their cars (foxbody mustangs, RX7s, 350z's, etc..)? Oh thats right, because its cheaper, parts are just as cheap and have been in production for 13 years, and they're easy as shit to tune and program to get running correctly and has MUCH more potential.

Stop searching CamaroZ28.com all the time and log onto LS1Tech or LS1GTO.com and see what people with the real engine are doing for power and drivability.

MuscleCarFreak
06-20-2010, 04:16 AM
Just saw that...

I think you've lost your mind, sir. If the LS1 is such a waste of money, why is everyone swapping it into their cars (foxbody mustangs, RX7s, 350z's, etc..)? Oh thats right, because its cheaper, parts are just as cheap and have been in production for 13 years, and they're easy as shit to tune and program to get running correctly and has MUCH more potential.
Not to mention that you have more horsepower and no Opti-spark.

Kracka
06-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Not to mention that you have more horsepower and no Opti-spark.

Ahh yeah I forgot a few things:

No reverse cooling BS, more horsepower, lighter thanks to the all aluminum design, AND individual coil packs for each cylinder. An idiot can put this engine together without issue.

Sir Tristan
06-20-2010, 03:44 PM
This Camaro is great. I dunno what Americans see wrong in V6s (usual Euro cars for the similar prices have V6 at the top of the range), but the car's awesome.

The design is GOOD, no matter what colour it's in, it's a sharp car. And it shows the 70s origin.

Err, I think you guys should give Amir a break here, it's his business what he wants and pursues in life.

Next year I'm posting my first tin can on wheels here. In 6 years that'll be an early 997 911 and guess what, I'll still be visiting this forum. And playing old NFS.

DJMantis
06-20-2010, 06:54 PM
This Camaro is great. I dunno what Americans see wrong in V6s (usual Euro cars for the similar prices have V6 at the top of the range), but the car's awesome.

The design is GOOD, no matter what colour it's in, it's a sharp car. And it shows the 70s origin.

Americans have no problem with V6s. Some do, however, have a problem with putting V6s in cars that have always had V8s in the past.

Also, the Camaro's design has a '60s origin, not '70s.

GTR
06-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Just saw that...

Stop searching CamaroZ28.com all the time and log onto LS1Tech or LS1GTO.com and see what people with the real engine are doing for power and drivability.

I never said I would argue. I said many would argue. I'm usually on CamaroForums.com, but I also signed up at F-body hideout, Camaro5, LS1Tech and CamaroZ28, and there is always a LS1 vs LT1 argument. And it always ends up the same, with almost everyone admitting that LT1 is a great engine and that LS1 has more potential.

LT1s are incredibly potent engines. One guy was able to squeeze out 1200hp out of one and did a 8 second quarter mile with no nitrous and on low boost.

LT1s are a very common engine swap choice too, especially for people who are working on a budget. It's not uncommon seeing an older RX7 or 240Z with an LT1 engine swap. Not to mention LT1 swaps into the 3rd gens, which is actually more common than LS1 swaps into 3rd gens.

There's no doubt LS1 is more potent than LT1. And there's no doubt that the reverse cooling and the opti-spark were bad ideas. But you can't completely discredit an engine simply because there's a better one. It's like saying a GT-R R33 is crap because R35 is better.

Sir Tristan
06-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Americans have no problem with V6s. Some do, however, have a problem with putting V6s in cars that have always had V8s in the past.

But still I think it's harsh to judge V6 pony cars just for engine layout.

Those V6s get better power and economy than lower-powered/older V8s produced even up to 2009 (older Mustang 5.0 V8).

Plus, the V8 versions of those cars are IMO muscle cars of today. The V6 take the place of the classic pony car. Lighter, efficient and more available - yet still great looking.

Oh, and about LS1 swapped into random cars like MX-5 or 944. They are abominations, insults to both brands, and just god damn, NO, LS1s belong in GM cars ONLY.

Although if I wanted a V8 swap into an MX-5 I'd definitely go with a Ford V8 because of Ford & Mazda's close cooperation anyway.
If I wanted to swap a bigger engine into a 944 it would be a VW engine, 3.2 VR6, and then turbo its ***.

Chase_UC
09-02-2010, 03:29 PM
You have my respect! looks pretty :D

KrazyBoy
09-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Ohh my god, it's nice!!!! :D

l6 Diesel
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
The Camaro looks fine in silver. Much better than red or yellow.

UCN Conversions
09-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Silver is a great color, and no matter the color, that camaro of yours Sir is better than id say 99% of all users of NFS Cars.

As for the V6, if you arent a racer, but a commuter, like myself, a V8 is a waste. a 4-cyl as i have isnt enough. V6 is perfect!

Porsche_fanatic
09-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Amir, shut the **** up.

About time someone said this. A very nice car BTW

The car looks just perfect, and I'm sure goes just as perfect, some random talk about a single piston calipers vs brembo rotors made me skip most of this discussion, as I do with most of the threads. anyone who's talking about stuff like these, obviously has absolutely no clue what designing a car is all about. As some guy wisely said, being stupid is not as big a sin, as showing everyone that you are one, is.

Now, I don't want to be one of those guys who goes about giving sermons on vehicle design and dynamics over internet forums, because I do have a life, so save yourself some breath and stop giving suggestions on how he should gain 'street cred' and all the bullshit that you've gained from the idiotic Fast n Furious series.

The mufflers look just fine, the brakes look just fine, and the colour looks just fine, there's nothing that you should change up.

Sir Tristan
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I love V6s. They are THE pony cars of today, lighter and still quick.

Primus
09-06-2010, 12:18 PM
The car looks just perfect, and I'm sure goes just as perfect, some random talk about a single piston calipers vs brembo rotors made me skip most of this discussion, as I do with most of the threads. anyone who's talking about stuff like these, obviously has absolutely no clue what designing a car is all about. As some guy wisely said, being stupid is not as big a sin, as showing everyone that you are one, is.

Now, I don't want to be one of those guys who goes about giving sermons on vehicle design and dynamics over internet forums, because I do have a life, so save yourself some breath and stop giving suggestions on how he should gain 'street cred' and all the bullshit that you've gained from the idiotic Fast n Furious series.

The mufflers look just fine, the brakes look just fine, and the colour looks just fine, there's nothing that you should change up.

There's nothing that you should change on any car, according to your logic. Hell, the ~10 variants Gallardo/Murcielago, Lamborghini released, are all redundant. Right? Moron.

How exactly do you confuse performance modifications with Fast and Furious crap? Perhaps you should've made an effort to read the thread instead of being ignorant and bashing others opinions; I didn't realize you were Ashoka the Great and your opinions on car modifications were superior to that of wiser, older, and less ignorant individuals. And I'm sure you're also an expert in 'car design' to be judging our taste.

If ARMPT likes his car the way it is, that's great. No one's bashing his old-man taste, so reciprocate or GTFO.

Porsche_fanatic
09-06-2010, 11:36 PM
@ Primus : No offences, but isn't it all but understood that Lamborghini releases a variant after doing millions of miles of testing, honing and fine tuning, not to mention the zillion parameters that have to be thought out regarding wear and tear, serviceability and stuff like that. But I realize that is not the topic, so let's just stray away from the whole Lamborghini's variants stuff. All this while you need to understand the basic differences between a kit car and manufacturer model. BTW had you mentioned Morris, or Lada for the Lamborghini statement, my head would be in my *** right now .. ;)

As for the performance modifications, I never said I'm against the whole thing, dropping in a new air filter, a new exhaust system, hell, even an ECU job for some one who wants one, makes sense. But telling someone who just bought a car, to drop in a an LT1, is ridiculous, considering the fact he doesn't want any mods in the first place. I realize car modification is a topic which has personalized opinions, so my bashing, if any, was directed towards the arguments that contained, guy in a mustang pulling up at red light and wanting a 'race'.

BTW, you do realize, that when I'm talking about design, I'm talking of work of the internals, the work done by design engineers, and not the exterior sheet metal ?

D4RKCOD3
09-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Awesome. Man, you need...a supercharger, maybe, and some electronics, suspension, etc.
But that car rocks!

Jon 944S2
09-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Wow now here's a fine collection of tools for the tool box, the ultimate example of why I'm not on here very often.

That's a very nice Camaro by the way regardless of what engine is in there it looks superb, you're clearly living the dream so to speak as you've purchased a car different to the norm so enjoy it for what it is, a comfortable good looking car. Was briefly toying with the idea of one of these albeit the V8 one but it seems a pointless excerise with the cost of buying and bringing one back into my country so I'll stick to the idea of a Viper now.

Mak_awark
12-07-2010, 12:02 AM
due, new camaro in a empty parking lot, i thought i was gonna see some nice plumes of smoke coming from the rear tires in a circular motion