View Full Version : Racing Games

viper4shane
02-12-2003, 08:37 PM
can anyone name some recomended Racing games for the PS2? i may have them all but just try.. btw did Midnight club II come out already?

Sander
02-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Colin McRae Rally 3. I've played it on the XBox and it's amazing, can't wait until it comes to the PC, where it will be even better (well, I hope so, it was the case with CMR2)

Also: DTM Race Driver (could be called differently where you live). It's a realistic racing game with a storyline (!), from Codemasters (who also made Colin McRae Rally 1,2 and 3 and TOCA 1 & 2).

Ow, and I've heard NFS6 is quite good on PS2, better than on PC/Xbox/GC, but I'm sure you've already tried that :mrgreen:

viper4shane
02-12-2003, 11:08 PM
yah i tried NFS6 its not the best racing game out there.... to me its one of the worst. im more into street racing or any kind of games with imports in them (japan cars)

johnie990
02-12-2003, 11:18 PM
I have PS2 and I would recommend the following.

CMR3: Even though it has some small problems (like the fact you can drive only like CMR3 in a Focus in Championship, there is no peugeot 206, and small graphical glitches like object popup in super special stages) I believe that is a great rally game, better than CMR2 in my PC that won't let you down. Strong points are handling, graphics, sound, whatever you could expect from CMR. I didn't like the fact that I beat it easily in one day. Also some of the cheats (for baja buggy, airplane, tank...) should be purchached from codemasters site using a credit card (I don;t have one).
At the end I believe that its a wonderfull game.

NFSHotPursuit2: I tried the game on my friends PC and it looked really awfull (that's my opinion). It is a completely different story on PS2. The game is a lot better in terms of graphics and gameplay and I think that it is a great PS2 game.

Games I would like to try but I haven't: WRC2extreme since I finished CMR3, Toca race driver from codemasters (could be the DTM race driver Sander is talking about)

Games I don't like and I regret buying them: I may get flamed but I want to say my opinion. The only driving game I really hate is GT3!!! :x :crazy: Yes I don't like it. I has great graphics (even though your car doesn't leave skidmarks) but other than that nothing. The handling is totally unrealistic (you can't even flip your car and the fastest route is bouncing on the walls), the lack of damage destroys realism, the gameplay is boring and in my opinion GT3 is an arcade racer that thinks it's a simulation. NF6HP2 is way better.

Please don't flame me. :wink:

Orbitronio
02-12-2003, 11:35 PM
I have PS2 and I would recommend the following.

CMR3: Even though it has some small problems (like the fact you can drive only like CMR3 in a Focus in Championship, there is no peugeot 206, and small graphical glitches like object popup in super special stages) I believe that is a great rally game, better than CMR2 in my PC that won't let you down. Strong points are handling, graphics, sound, whatever you could expect from CMR. I didn't like the fact that I beat it easily in one day. Also some of the cheats (for baja buggy, airplane, tank...) should be purchached from codemasters site using a credit card (I don;t have one).
At the end I believe that its a wonderfull game.

NFSHotPursuit2: I tried the game on my friends PC and it looked really awfull (that's my opinion). It is a completely different story on PS2. The game is a lot better in terms of graphics and gameplay and I think that it is a great PS2 game.

Games I would like to try but I haven't: WRC2extreme since I finished CMR3, Toca race driver from codemasters (could be the DTM race driver Sander is talking about)

Games I don't like and I regret buying them: I may get flamed but I want to say my opinion. The only driving game I really hate is GT3!!! :x :crazy: Yes I don't like it. I has great graphics (even though your car doesn't leave skidmarks) but other than that nothing. The handling is totally unrealistic (you can't even flip your car and the fastest route is bouncing on the walls), the lack of damage destroys realism, the gameplay is boring and in my opinion GT3 is an arcade racer that thinks it's a simulation. NF6HP2 is way better.

Please don't flame me. :wink:
Dear disliker of a wonderful GT3 game, you cant even imagine how i hate you after those words!

memnoch
02-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Johnie990 wrote
Games I don't like and I regret buying them: I may get flamed but I want to say my opinion. The only driving game I really hate is GT3!!! Yes I don't like it. I has great graphics (even though your car doesn't leave skidmarks) but other than that nothing. The handling is totally unrealistic (you can't even flip your car and the fastest route is bouncing on the walls), the lack of damage destroys realism, the gameplay is boring and in my opinion GT3 is an arcade racer that thinks it's a simulation. NF6HP2 is way better.

well i won't flame u for your opinion :) , but the object of the game is to drive fast without hitting the walls all the time :poke: . I don't notice the lack of damage :P , and the fact that u can't turn upside down?... well when do u need that :roll:
Peaceout

savidge
02-13-2003, 04:11 AM
dont crash, so you wont miss the missing damage model. GT3 and GT-C are in my opinion the best racing games available.

I also have WRC2 Extreme now. I dont recommend it, physics arent the best while graphics are ok. Its almost like a arcade racer, a huge difference to cmr3.

d-man
02-13-2003, 01:33 PM
try "tokyo extreme racer zero" i've heard its very good

OZ
02-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Auto Modellista by Capcom:

It's a great cell-shading game, pretty fast with great graphics and physics, you can tune up your car with famous aftermarket parts as Bomex, Veilside, HKS, etc. Paint it with several styles and you can creat a custom garage to keep your cars. the downers are the fact that I've only found it a import version (japanese text) and it's a bit short and easy game to beat, but with a great replayablillity....

Ridge Racer V by Namco:

I Know it's old but as a Ridge Racer Series Fan I must recommend it, great graphics (well i bit outdated as a PS2 game, but still cool) great tracks and cars concepts, fun to play and with a good physic system for an arcade game, plus the fact that it should have a great prince nowadays since it's an old game....

viper4shane
02-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Auto Modellista by Capcom:

It's a great cell-shading game, pretty fast with great graphics and physics, you can tune up your car with famous aftermarket parts as Bomex, Veilside, HKS, etc. Paint it with several styles and you can creat a custom garage to keep your cars. the downers are the fact that I've only found it a import version (japanese text) and it's a bit short and easy game to beat, but with a great replayablillity....

did that game come out already? i have RRV GT3 and TXR0.... uhh i know a lot more like burnout 2 also.

savidge
02-13-2003, 10:52 PM
its already in stores here, so it should be out at your location too. i played it once, dont really like it, looks really like a manga comic

viper4shane
02-17-2003, 02:23 PM
nope i dont belive its out in the US yet... according to release dates the game is expected in stores in Late March.

BGspEEd
02-17-2003, 03:04 PM

Yeah, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero is really good game, it has all the good ***. cars like skylines, civics, s2000, and non ***. cars like bmw's and lexus's

Venom
02-17-2003, 03:11 PM
I got TXR0 and it is pretty fun even though it has arcade-like physics (still much better than NFS4). The cars have pretty cool body modifications too.

AzN-Racer
02-21-2003, 03:26 PM

Yeah, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero is really good game, it has all the good ***. cars like skylines, civics, s2000, and non ***. cars like bmw's and lexus's

Lexus is an *** cars.. btw im looking for a street racing game or racing game with import cars for PC or PS1 i dont have PS2 yet.. :(

BGspEEd
02-21-2003, 03:40 PM

Lexus is an *** cars.. btw im looking for a street racing game or racing game with import cars for PC or PS1 i dont have PS2 yet.. :(

oh yea i forgot isnt it part of toyota>? abd TX0 has vipers too

Beowulf
03-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Is Test Drive LeMans editible?

The RedLine
03-02-2003, 06:40 PM
how bout tokyo extreme racing ,not tokyo extreme zero........... :mrgreen: i have it....that game it for import,who like only import car,but u like them try it out..............it like the fast and the furious movie......

kct
03-05-2003, 08:15 AM
i have found a IMHO new racing game. its called something like kato battle (i don't remember, but i know the first letter is k and the second word is battle). its one of those GT3 kind of car games (like GT3, you have to win races to buy cars or tune them). the interesting part is races (so far i see) takes place in mountain courses and the wide choice of cars (*** or non-***). about the cars it looks like it have more cars (or better choices) than GT series (i saw a classic 1991 Galant VR-4 in the used car section - ok, hows that)

UPDATE - it is also a drift game and it has downhill and uphill races

2FAST4U
03-05-2003, 01:12 PM
I've got GT3 (dont listen to Johnny 990, he wouldnt know a sim racer if it smashed him in the head) and Burnout 2, and they are both awesome. I've played Test Drive on XBox and it was a pretty good game, but Burnout 2 is better. And that Auto Modellista game wont come out here is the States until April.

By the way, Johnny990: if you research stuff, you'd find out that the reason GT3 has no damage is because when they go to liscence cars, the manufactuors sometimes dont want their cars totalled. I wish it had damage too,but the game itself is flawless.

speed_knight
03-15-2003, 03:09 AM
I've got GT3 (dont listen to Johnny 990, he wouldnt know a sim racer if it smashed him in the head) and Burnout 2, and they are both awesome. I've played Test Drive on XBox and it was a pretty good game, but Burnout 2 is better. And that Auto Modellista game wont come out here is the States until April.

By the way, Johnny990: if you research stuff, you'd find out that the reason GT3 has no damage is because when they go to liscence cars, the manufactuors sometimes dont want their cars totalled. I wish it had damage too,but the game itself is flawless.
yeah gt3 is a nice game if u like japan cars too bad it isnt street racing lolz! :roll:

AzN-Racer
03-15-2003, 05:13 AM
yah i tried NFS6 its not the best racing game out there.... to me its one of the worst. im more into street racing or any kind of games with imports in them (japan cars)

Yea me to im looking for racing (street racing wit import cars) my favorites games and i heard something about
Initial D Arcade Ver.2 Special Stage i think its very good game on PS2 :mrgreen:

kct
03-15-2003, 05:27 AM
yup talked about it before sometime ago here

http://www.nfscars.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4001