View Full Version : Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 Car Discussion.

Pages : [1] 2

DaRk5hOot3r
06-15-2010, 03:30 AM
This is the Official Thread for Hot Pursuit Car discussion.
All game cars will be posted here with screen shots as they come available.

Paraphrasing from the Gamespot E3 stage demo, almost all the cars will be available on both sides of the law, with the exception of a few select cars. As well, the cars will not be tunable or customizable

There are a total of 105 cars in the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of Hot Pursuit for use.

Racing/Pursuit Cars:

Alfa Romeo 8C
Aston Martin One-77
Aston Martin DBS (As part of DLC pack for the Racers)
Audi TT RS
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Coupe (As part of DLC pack for the Racers)
Bugatti Veyron EB16.4 (As part of DLC pack for the Racers)
Bentley Continental Supersports Coupe
BMW M3 E92
Chevrolet Camaro SS
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (As part of DLC pack for the Racers)
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Dodge Challenger SRT-8
Dodge Charger SRT-8
Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe (As DLC pack for the Racers in the Xbox 360 version only)
Ford GT
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake
Jaguar XKR
Koenigsegg Agera
Koenigsegg CCX
Koenigsegg CCXR edition
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV
Lamborghini Reventón
Mazda RX8
Maserati GranTurismo S Automatic
Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S (As part of DLC pack for the Racers)
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition (As part of DLC pack for the Racers)
Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION X
Nissan GTR R35
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche 911 Targa 4S
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Porsche Cayman S
Porsche Panamera Turbo (As DLC pack for the Racers in the Xbox 360 version only)
Subaru Imperza WRX STi

Pursuit Exclusive Cars:
Carbon Motors E7
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Ford Police Interceptor Concept

Racing Exclusive Cars:

Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
Aston Martin DBS Volante
Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible (As part of DLC pack)
BMW M6 Convertible
BMW Z4 sDrive35is
Bugatti Veyron EB16.4 Grand Sport
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible Final Edition (As part of DLC pack)
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 Roadster (As part of DLC pack)
Lamborghini Reventón Roadster
Maserati GranCabrio
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
Nissan 370Z Roadster Touring w/ Sport Pkg. (Z34)
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
Porsche 918 Spyder (Concept Study)
Porsche Boxster Spyder

While there are a total of only 30 cars in the Wii version of Hot Pursuit with no Racer only cars and one Cop only car.

Racing/Pursuit Cars:
Alfa Romeo 8C Comptizione
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Coupe
Audi TT RS
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Bentley Continental Supersports Coupe
BMW M3 E92
BMW Z4 sDrive35is Coupe
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
Chevrolet Camaro SS
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Dodge Challenger SRT-8
Dodge Charger SRT-8
Ford GT
Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake
Jaguar XKR
Koenigsegg CCXR
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV
Lamborghini Reventón
Mazda RX-8
Maserati Granturismo
McLaren MP4-12C
Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION X
Nissan 370Z Coupe
Nissan GT-R Spec-V
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche Panamera Turbo
Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Pursuit Exclusive Cars:
Ford Police Interceptor Concept

ricersHA
06-15-2010, 07:28 PM
how did you find out there a camaro SS in the game so early?

RedCarDriver
06-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Pursuit:
Dodge Challenger

Shouldn't this be the Ford Shelby GT500?

Sinister
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
how did you find out there a camaro SS in the game so early?
Read pre-order information.

ricersHA
06-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I can tell you one things i will be pre-odering this game

DaRk5hOot3r
06-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Added Pursuit McLaren MP412C, Ford Mustang GT500

SLZ Roadstar
06-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Pursuit cars will also have their non-pursuit version for driving. So Bugatti Veyron EB16.4, Lamborghini Reventon, Porsche Cayman S, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang GT500 should also be in car list.

DaRk5hOot3r
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM
^Thanks Ark X Stylizer!

FOX
06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
OP forgot about Cayenne Turbo as cop car.

DaRk5hOot3r
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
^Silly me! Thanks FOX

GreedyTurbo529
06-16-2010, 08:28 PM
better be a damn AWD 3s in there this year...

Zpectre
06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I hope Cayenne is drivable. And I also hope the Challenger is the SRT-8, not the concept.

Nfspeed26
06-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I wonder if Ferrari's are gonna come back?. Then again I don't think Ferrari would be too happy seeing there cars smashed to pieces after seeing those gameplay videos :P.

06-17-2010, 02:17 AM
3rd music?
in trailer 2:05 (in credits i mean) there is "fist of furry" written by michael nielsen may be it's in bridge between the two music?

JasonDaPsycho
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
I hope Cayenne is drivable. And I also hope the Challenger is the SRT-8, not the concept.

Yes, it's the SRT-8. (http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/pre-order)

Sinister
06-17-2010, 04:52 PM
All Cars Will be listed here, along with screen shots of each as they are introduced.

phosphorus
06-17-2010, 08:24 PM
It seems that the Mustang is the lowest-rank copcar. No Charger, Caprice, CrownVic in it. :'(

Nfspeed26
06-17-2010, 09:54 PM
*sigh* Once again Im gonna ask, Is Ferrari coming back?, Does anyone know?.

Sinister
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Likely not, pursuits are involved.

Sir Tristan
06-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Likely not, pursuits are involved.

Ferraris have been involved in Pursuits in HP2. All 3 of 'em. I don't see the problem here.

But what I worry about is (says the developer guy on the hands-on) 'you get different cars as you progress through racer or cop career'.

This probably means Cayman S and Audi TT which we get in pre-order (anyone know if we can buy them later on with the game after it comes out as a DLC or something? or is there just no way of getting them but pre-ordering?) will only be in pursuit and racer versions respectively (IMO Audi makes a better cop car but oh well).

I seriously, seriously hope that this is not true and we get cars in both versions. If I don't get to race a 'classic' red&black Veyron or a stealth, grey Reventón, or even just a Speed Yellow Cayman S... I shall be very pissed indeed.

I know the SV and Reventón are a great idea - 2 extreme versions of Murcielago, one a stealthy jet (ideal for cops) and the other a road racer. But I'd like to be able to play the other way round too!

Sinister
06-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Ferraris have been involved in Pursuits in HP2. All 3 of 'em. I don't see the problem here.

As far as I remember, maybe on the PS2 version, the PC version Arushan had cracked HP2 to allow Ferrari's in pursuit mode.

Zpectre
06-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Porsche 918 Spyder

Can't believe this ugly piece of unnamed stuff made it to the game. The Carrera GT isn't so almighty anymore but is a thousand times better than this car.

Nfspeed26
06-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Can't believe this ugly piece of unnamed stuff made it to the game. The Carrera GT isn't so almighty anymore but is a thousand times better than this car.

Completely agree the the 918 puts Porsche's styling to shame. I'd rather see the Carrera Gt in there, even if it is a bit old now.

Sir Tristan
06-19-2010, 05:43 AM
As far as I remember, maybe on the PS2 version, the PC version Arushan had cracked HP2 to allow Ferrari's in pursuit mode.

No. They were available immediately.

The only game a Ferrari was cracked into by Arushan was Most Wanted as I'm sure you know.

But no, I have the PC version. You couldn't race Ferraris or Mercedes in NFS3:Hot Pursuit with police. But you can in HP2.

Also, Ferraris got the cosmetic damage. So that's not an issue. I don't see where it lies really.

Now Ferrari makes a big fuss about X360 and shit, why? Why is this so complicated? GT5 has them Forza does, wtf. This is some real stupid shit.

Distinctivechris
06-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Nope, Ferrari wasn't chase by police like Sinister said. U could race the Ferrari in career mode & single race or quick race but not in the Hot Pursuit mode.

D00mBringer
06-19-2010, 06:44 AM
As far as I remember, Ferraris have been involved in Pursuits in TDU.

Sinister
06-19-2010, 08:24 AM
No. They were available immediately.

The only game a Ferrari was cracked into by Arushan was Most Wanted as I'm sure you know.

But no, I have the PC version. You couldn't race Ferraris or Mercedes in NFS3:Hot Pursuit with police. But you can in HP2.

Also, Ferraris got the cosmetic damage. So that's not an issue. I don't see where it lies really.

Now Ferrari makes a big fuss about X360 and shit, why? Why is this so complicated? GT5 has them Forza does, wtf. This is some real stupid shit.
GT and Forza dont have police chasing you.

Nope, Ferrari wasn't chase by police like Sinister said. U could race the Ferrari in career mode & single race or quick race but not in the Hot Pursuit mode.
I was sure I was correct with my statement, aru had created the otools in order to use the Ferrari in pursuit, as well as importing cars.

As far as I remember, Ferraris have been involved in Pursuits in TDU.
Pursuits in TDU are significantly different than those in NFS. If you hit a road block in TDU, you're busted immediately, in NFS, you run until you're forced to stop.
Licenses differ from company to company when they are purchased for game use.

Sir Tristan
06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
GT and Forza dont have police chasing you.

I was sure I was correct with my statement, aru had created the otools in order to use the Ferrari in pursuit, as well as importing cars.

Pursuits in TDU are significantly different than those in NFS. If you hit a road block in TDU, you're busted immediately, in NFS, you run until you're forced to stop.
Licenses differ from company to company when they are purchased for game use.

Those might vary from version to version man, so I won't argue (especially with your knowledge), but I could run from police in a 360, 550 or F50 anytime from start. Also, the intro is based upon using a Ferrari in a chase. And the said Ferrari gets dirty in a shortcut o.O oh no! A spot on ze Ferrari, monday thursday, wednesday, sunday, saturday (whatever the wrong order from the godfather is).

The thing is though, they could provide Ferraris to race without cops in a certain mode.
Also, what's wrong with running from police in a game that states you should NOT repeat those moves on road. It's not like people are gonna smash real police roadblocks with them.

'Oh no, I don't want to see my car smashed, because in reality it's indestructible. And in reality, proper police never tries to perform a traffic stop on a speeding Ferrari (maybe in Italian villages thats the case) out of sheer respect. '

Thing is, many 'noble' brands (Aston Martin, Jaguar, Porsche) with great, long reputations not only let their cars be in pursuits but they let huge ricey bodykits be put on them.
I understand aggressive Lambos and muscles but Aston? License agreements are pretentious shit agreements, exclusively signed by real pricks and asshats with no sense of fun whatsoever.

If Ferrari or EA has proper reasons for this they should come clean on what are Ferrari's terms on prancing horses escaping pigs. Their terms on grotesque THEME PARKS are much more loose, aren't they?

Thanks for reading this rant, I have peace of mind that my opinion has been expressed and I relieved myself. This site is a brilliant piece of internetz. People who like stuff that I do, albeit with different opinions.

AMG Racer 7
06-19-2010, 05:00 PM
YES!!! finally a follow up to NFS Hot Pursuit 2, its been 8 years and im really excited ^ ^

Nfspeed26
06-19-2010, 08:07 PM
If only it was as classic as HP2 though...I mean putting NOS in this game come on!. I think a Murcielago SV is powerful enough to evade a Reventon (which is similar to a standard Murcielago) without using NOS every 5-10 seconds!. NOS just completely takes away the classic feel for me. I was ok with cop cars in HP2 PS2 using boost to catch up, That was ok but NOS is just to try hard-ish, They better have an option to turn it off otherwise that game blows!. Like Sir Tristan did I am also expressing my opinion in rant form. I would go-on but others have covered most of the problems with this game. Anyway thanks for reading ;).

DaRk5hOot3r
06-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Sinister, your a boss for stickying my thread. Thanks!

JasonDaPsycho
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM
It seems like civillian cars are not generic models as well.
I spotted an Infiniti G35 and an Audi sedan (A8 I guess) among the civillian vehicles.

nfslover101
06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I spotted an Infiniti G35 and an Audi sedan (A8 I guess) among the civillian vehicles.

I noticed that too, thank goodness they are more than 2 polys with ms paint drawn line for the doors and such :P

Sir Tristan
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM

It's an A4.

I like that fact.

SLZ Roadstar
06-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Thats good. Now NFS also developed.

There is Bugatti Veyron, Lambirghini Reventon, Shelby GT500 & Porsche Cayman pursuit car.

Source:-http://www.igcd.net/movie.php?id=100000221&PHPSESSID=924e2ba441def0df6fb7756d6985a8c1&width=1152

Sinister
06-22-2010, 06:09 AM
That was confirmed already Ark-X. "Nearly ALL cars will be available as pursuit and race versions"

Ugly-Five-One
06-22-2010, 08:59 AM
I think they should take the cars from HP2 and re-do them and then add these new ones id be happy with that

Nfspeed26
06-22-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd love to see them put the Mclaren F1 LM back in there. It maybe old but its still a legend for both auto history and NFS.

Sir Tristan
06-23-2010, 03:48 AM
I'd love to see them put the Mclaren F1 LM back in there. It maybe old but its still a legend for both auto history and NFS.

Meh... this car is such a racer that you have to put on headphones (IRL) to drive it. PITA, especially for a GT-focused NFS. Normal F1 would do.

F1 LM/GTR should go to Shift only.

D00mBringer
06-23-2010, 04:41 AM
I'd love to see them put the Mclaren F1 LM back in there.
yeap. also, wanna see more cars from 1988-2000

Meh... this car is such a racer that you have to put on headphones (IRL) to drive it. PITA, especially for a GT-focused NFS. Normal F1 would do.
supercar+road version => NFS | Who cares about sound, NFS is all about SPEED

Nfspeed26
06-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Yeah I'd settle for just a normal F1 :).

junior6at
06-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Actually since there will be no customization or tuning, having variants for certain cars is welcomed, provided there's a significant margin in performance.

MonsterMachina
06-28-2010, 04:08 AM
I wonder whether there's gonna be addon cars as well?

Sir Tristan
06-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Ugh, I have to rant on about Ferrari again.

Stupid pricks up their own asses.

In HP2 there was an event in the Hot Pursuit mode called 360 Spider Delivery and 550 Barchetta Delivery. Guess what, they were chased by the cops.

So, it's NOT down to: damage (been smashed before), cops (were in HP2), ricing (there isn't any in the new one).

It's all down to Microsoft and Ferrari and their greed.

Ferrari seems pretty generous putting their logos on BASEBALL CAPS, and a THEME PARK (Ferrari World Abu Dhabi)...

Licensing is a world of twisted pricks.

/rant

Zpectre
06-28-2010, 10:58 AM

In HP2 there was an event in the Hot Pursuit mode called 360 Spider Delivery and 550 Barchetta Delivery. Guess what, they were chased by the cops.

So, it's NOT down to: damage (been smashed before), cops (were in HP2), ricing (there isn't any in the new one).

Ferrari seems pretty generous putting their logos on BASEBALL CAPS, and a THEME PARK (Ferrari World Abu Dhabi)...

/rant

Don't worry, they can't stop us eventually putting the Shift and Forza 3 Ferraris in the game. :)

But I must say Ferrari could thing a little less about money and more about showcasing their brand in as many platforms as possible. This applies to the relationship between Porsche and EA as well.

Sir Tristan
06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Don't worry, they can't stop us eventually putting the Shift and Forza 3 Ferraris in the game. :)

But I must say Ferrari could thing a little less about money and more about showcasing their brand in as many platforms as possible. This applies to the relationship between Porsche and EA as well.

Ferrari are about selling the logo. They sell more baseball caps than cars. Ferrari everything. Ferrari theme park. This is grotesque, Enzo must be rolling in his grave.

aaaanyway.

NoRice
06-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I wonder if Ferrari's are gonna come back?. Then again I don't think Ferrari would be too happy seeing there cars smashed to pieces after seeing those gameplay videos :P.
Well, there's DLC for NFS Shift with Ferraris in it, so there might be hope for some to appear in this game. ;)

Here's the trailer for it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36zXyuhPcc)

JasonDaPsycho
06-30-2010, 07:10 AM

/rant
You forgot to mention laptops (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuderia_Ferrari#F1_team_sponsorship).

Sir Tristan
06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
You forgot to mention laptops (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuderia_Ferrari#F1_team_sponsorship).

...which are PCs, which again shows their ever-flawed logic and infinite capacity for greed and stupidity, as well as whoring their badge.

AJ_Lethal
06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Ferrari are about selling the logo. They sell more baseball caps than cars. Ferrari everything. Ferrari theme park. This is grotesque, Enzo must be rolling in his grave.

aaaanyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari#Sales_history

Multiply these numbers by 100000 and you get the caps sold

Fastcars
07-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Ferrari could be finally back in a pc version

Sinister
07-04-2010, 09:30 AM
the only way Ferrari will be in Hot Pursuit 2010 is when it is cracked.

RedOne
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Actually since there will be no customization or tuning, having variants for certain cars is welcomed, provided there's a significant margin in performance.

I don't think there will be any way to use addon cars, 'cause it's an online game, so even if you can replace your own car with an SL 65 AMG for example, your opponents still can see the car you're replacing 'cause they don't have the files on there PCs, which they need to have to see your mod car.

That was the longest English sentence I ever said. :P

EDIT: Oh damn. I found this post:

Hot Pursuit has an offline Career for both sides of the Law, online games which will most likely have CvR, Single Race, and Sprints, as well as most likely some other racing modes not yet mentioned.

Anyway, I got a question: Is that Bugatti in the videos a Veyron 16.4 EB or the brand new Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Supersport (http://www.n-tv.de/img/99/990061/Img_16_9_680_BugattiWR0507001.jpg)?

DaRk5hOot3r
07-14-2010, 02:42 AM
I don't think there will be any way to use addon cars, 'cause it's an online game, so even if you can replace your own car with an SL 65 AMG for example, your opponents still can see the car you're replacing 'cause they don't have the files on there PCs, which they need to have to see your mod car.

That was the longest English sentence I ever said. :P

EDIT: Oh damn. I found this post:

Anyway, I got a question: Is that Bugatti in the videos a Veyron 16.4 EB or the brand new Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Supersport (http://www.n-tv.de/img/99/990061/Img_16_9_680_BugattiWR0507001.jpg)?

Its the EB 16.4

Sinister
07-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Its the EB 16.4

this has now been solved.

http://eu.llnet.burnout.cdn.ea.com/u/f/WebContent/images/CGdotcom/hardwirednews/transitvan.png
It's not often you see one of these bad boys in the flesh, so we scrutinized the details to try and identify the specific model.

We think it's the 2005 Ford Transit in white, but it's tricky to pin down the exact year since this one's sporting a few "custom" accessories - the after-market roofing ladders, ultra-rare plastic storage tube and bespoke tree decals.

Stunning.

Also pictured: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport, featured in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit by Criterion Games.

RedOne
07-17-2010, 02:57 PM
this has now been solved.

Haha, funny. :D

Well, at least not one of those "boring" normal Bugattis. Not a Super Sport, just a Grand Sport, but that's enough, I think... :}

TUN3R
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Ferraris or GTFO.

Sir Tristan
07-25-2010, 01:59 PM
About the Bugatti guys... The Grand Sport might be included but the cop version is surely a normal Veyron (from trailer).

Sonic ZR1
07-26-2010, 06:33 AM
I hope CriterionGames will inclde in the game Pursuit Corvette ZR1, NOT f##kin' Z06...

WRXWTF
07-26-2010, 11:19 AM
super cars are nice and all dont get me wrong i mean who doesnt want to drive around a lambo. but i still think the creators should throw in some other respectable such as supra, evo, sti, skyline. older cars such as 69 camaro etc. i know first hand for under 25 grand you can make a sti quicker than any super car. sure it wont go 240 but it runs high 9s. faster than any stock super car. and i did it for about 1/10 the price. im just saying it would be nice if they threw all walks of car in instead of just super cars. just my 2cents

Sonic ZR1
07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
super cars are nice and all dont get me wrong i mean who doesnt want to drive around a lambo. but i still think the creators should throw in some other respectable such as supra, evo, sti, skyline. older cars such as 69 camaro etc. i know first hand for under 25 grand you can make a sti quicker than any super car. sure it wont go 240 but it runs high 9s. faster than any stock super car. and i did it for about 1/10 the price. im just saying it would be nice if they threw all walks of car in instead of just super cars. just my 2cents

And C5 Corvette Z06, yeh? XD CG never do this. :'(
\\If Wikipedia don't wrong, '69 Camaro will be in this game.

WRXWTF
07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
And C5 Corvette Z06, yeh? XD CG never do this. :'(
\\If Wikipedia don't wrong, '69 Camaro will be in this game.

ya i was just using it as an example

Sir Tristan
07-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Pursuit Vettes should start from a C6 accompanied by V6 Camaros, a Solstice Coupé and GTOs and a new Caprice. Then go on to Z06, up to a ZR-1 with a pack of Camaro SS and C6s, zomg.

TUN3R
07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Every car in the game should have 2 versions: Normal and Cop. They did it for Burnout so I don't see why they couldn't for NFS...

Sonic ZR1
07-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Pursuit Vettes should start from a C6 accompanied by V6 Camaros, a Solstice Coupé and GTOs and a new Caprice. Then go on to Z06, up to a ZR-1 with a pack of Camaro SS and C6s, zomg.

Where you got this info?
\\If I don't wrong, ALL cars in HP3 will opened in start of the game. So, you can use in first cop mission Veyron or Reventgton (but I will use ZR1Vette). But if this game may have pursuit ZR1, it will be my best game.
PS to some guys: This topic is about HP3, NOT HP2!!!

Nick2294
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
So wait, if the cars aren't customizable, that seems to take away most of the fun of the game. The other NFS games had the customizable cars which was half the fun. But it is official that the cars won't be customizable? Neither Pursuit or Civie?

Nfspeed26
07-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Nope. Its seems this NFS is one going back to the roots of NFS itself, Where cars weren't able to be customized up to HS with the exception of "Upgrades 1,2 and 3". However it would be nice to see upgrades for each of the cars excluding the pursuit versions.

Sonic ZR1
07-27-2010, 02:58 AM
However it would be nice to see upgrades for each of the cars excluding the pursuit versions.

It will be HS parody. I wait the game without ANY customization.

Nick2294
07-27-2010, 11:35 AM
It would be nice if the cars could be customizable, but I guess not this game. maybe the next NFS game will contain customizable cars. The AutoSculpt feature was really cool because you can make the parts to your liking. That should be in the next game after NFS Hot Pursuit. And isn't the game in an open world setting like Carbon and Most Wanted?

Nfspeed26
07-27-2010, 11:24 PM
It would be nice if the cars could be customizable, but I guess not this game. maybe the next NFS game will contain customizable cars. The AutoSculpt feature was really cool because you can make the parts to your liking. That should be in the next game after NFS Hot Pursuit. And isn't the game in an open world setting like Carbon and Most Wanted?

Apparently it is free roam. However the setting looks different from Carbon and MW looking at the photographs and trailer. I don't really think it needs customization. Because alot of people can ruin cars by ricing them for example, and the AI customizations are complete rubbish. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing customization options similar to the Forza Motorsport series, They have a well balanced range of cutomizations in that game.

'tallica
07-28-2010, 01:08 AM
I'd love to use that ultra rare Ford Transit in the picture :D

Sir Tristan
07-28-2010, 03:26 AM
AI customizations are complete rubbish. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing customization options similar to the Forza Motorsport series

I'm all for customization (maybe not in something as purist as Hot Pursuit should be, then again it has free roam), Undercover-style. They had masses of vinyls and types of customization, possibilities were endless, body parts were not too numerous and that's good, only 1 widebody per car as the most badass body...

And opponents were hand-tuned. And some were pretty good designs.

What bugs me is NOT the possibility of the player to rice a car - this is not my business because I don't rice cars. But when opponents are riced and I have to look at it - like MW and UG2 - I'm annoyed.

Spoiler selection up to Carbon was disgusting. They looked like Wal-Mart parts.

Nick2294
07-28-2010, 06:44 AM
I've never played Forza Motorsports. What kind of customization do they have? Just engine tuning to make your cars a bit faster?

AJ_Lethal
07-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I've never played Forza Motorsports. What kind of customization do they have? Just engine tuning to make your cars a bit faster?

Nope, it was vinyls, rims and depending of the car bodykits and even engine swaps.

Nfspeed26
07-30-2010, 12:03 AM
But when opponents are riced and I have to look at it - like MW and UG2 - I'm annoyed.

Yes, That is what I hated about that series. When I said the AI customizations were rubbish, I was refering to the riced opponents of those types of NFS.

Allure
08-04-2010, 07:35 AM
If Wiki isn't wrong, we'll have the 918 Spyder in the game.

08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
hmm...
for gallardo
probably...

normal gallardo for cop
and LP 560-4 or LP 550-2 VB for racer...

cmiiw

junior6at
08-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Not sure if people have been paying attention, but there are screenshots of a Dodge Viper cop car, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Ford Shelby GT500, and Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.

They mention the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 here, but no pics of it yet. New trailer at the bottom of the page:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78140

RedTwentyFour
08-17-2010, 07:37 AM
YES!!! finally a follow up to NFS Hot Pursuit 2, its been 8 years and im really excited ^ ^

8 YEARS??? GOD! wheres all the time? i remember my mom handing me HP2 as birthday present and i was shit happy O.o

Sonic ZR1
08-17-2010, 08:15 AM
They mention the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 here, but no pics of it yet. New trailer at the bottom of the page:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78140

It's pursuit edition?

junior6at
08-17-2010, 11:03 AM
^Not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if they had a pursuit edition though.

More cars confirmed: Porsche Panemera, Nissan GTR, Mercedes SLS AMG Gullwing, and Lambo Gallardo Superleggera. That's all I can identify in this vid.

Edit: new link, the other video didn't have sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4x-v8vpzA

Japanfanatic
08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
NIGHT DRIVING!!!

And gosh what a beautiful environment!!!!

POMELO
08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Hey, nice list. Finally dont gonna play whit a VW GOLF! AGHHH... I HATE IT!
ARE YOU LISTENING? I HATE YOU, VW GOLF!

Sorry about that.

08-17-2010, 01:33 PM
^Not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if they had a pursuit edition though.

More cars confirmed: Porsche Panemera, Nissan GTR, Mercedes SLS AMG Gullwing, and Lambo Gallardo Superleggera. That's all I can identify in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVoHKi7k40
try look this :D http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/001/001320/imgs_1.html
panemera as cop... wow...
much porsches in this game :p
two zonda... cinque and f.. where's the r.. is just for shift :p

Sonic ZR1
08-19-2010, 12:19 AM
much porsches in this game :p

Yeah... too much...

Official car list: http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars

Also, somebody(NOT ME!!!) makes rough list of cars in this game:
1. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
2. Aston Martin DBS
3. Aston Martin One-77
4. Aston Martin V12 Vantage
5. Audi R8 GT
6. Audi R8 V10
7. Audi RS4
8. Audi RS5
9. Audi TT RS Coupé
10. BMW M3 E46
11. BMW M3 E92
12. BMW M6
13. BMW Z4 M
14. Bugatti Veyron 16.4
15. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
16. Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
17. Chevrolet Camaro SS
18. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
19. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
20. Chrysler 300C SRT8
21. Dodge Challenger SRT8
22. Dodge Charger SRT8
23. Dodge Viper SRT10
24. Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
25. Ford Focus RS
26. Ford Mustang GT
27. Ford GT
28. Ford Shelby GT500
29. Gumpert Apollo S
30. Jaguar XKR
31. Koenigsegg Agera
32. Koenigsegg CCX
33. Lamborghini Diablo GT
34. Lamborghini Diablo SV
35. Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni
36. Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder
37. Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
38. Lamborghini Murcielago LP650-4 Roadster
39. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV
40. Lamborghini Reventón
41. Lexus IS-F
42. Lexus LFA
43. Lotus Exige S
44. Maserati GranTurismo S
45. Maserati MC12
46. McLaren F1
47. McLaren MP4-12C
48. Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Super Sport
49. Mercedes-Benz SL 65 Black Series
50. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
51. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
52. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
53. Nissan 370Z
54. Nissan GT-R
55. Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35)
56. Pagani Zonda Cinque
57. Pagani Zonda R
58. Porsche 911 GT2 RS
59. Porsche 911 GT3 RS
60. Porsche 911 Turbo S
61. Porsche 918 Spyder
62. Porsche Carrera GT
63. Porscge Cayenne Turbo
64. Porsche Cayman S
65. Porsche Panamera Turbo
66. Subaru Impreza WRX STI

ElvenAvenger
08-25-2010, 05:12 AM

I hope this is nowhere near truth. :Facepalm:

maggit
08-25-2010, 06:29 AM
I don't see anything bad about there being Lambos. And what's so bad about Gallardo? I can agree that these cars look pretty much the same, so I think we should get some classic Lambos as well. Diablo SV FTW!

TruePro
08-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Add the Pursuit Panamera.

And I hope to see a Mustang GT, although I highly doubt it will be in there since they already confirmed the GT500.

Sir Tristan
08-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Lots of Porsches, yay!

But for this game, they really should add the Grand-Tourery 911 Turbo S. I mean what fits worse in here than the raw, track-focused, stripped-out RS? If they only gave us the normal GT3 please?

I also hope the Audi R8 V10 is there to be a different, if platform-sharing, beast to the Superleggera. I hope they convey how different those cars feel, with GTish comfiness vs raw bull power. From same engine and platform.

(Racer Panamera + other 4doors/big coupés would be nice too as a heavy GT class)

Sonic ZR1
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I hope this is truth(Pursuit Edition)...

Sir Tristan
08-25-2010, 03:35 PM
What I don't like is, they only put in the most hardcore versions.

A C6 cop with Camaro backup would be extremely badass. But no, ZR-1 is currently the hottest.

POMELO
08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I really need a Countach 25th in this game.

Zpectre
08-26-2010, 12:52 AM
That car list would kick *** if true, but I feel a few cars like Diablo and CLK-GTR would never make it to EA's list.

Sonic ZR1
08-26-2010, 01:45 AM
What I don't like is, they only put in the most hardcore versions.

A C6 cop with Camaro backup would be extremely badass. But no, ZR-1 is currently the hottest.

I'm don't want to see C6 or Z06. I'm want to see ZR1(C6 ZR1 registred as ZR1, not ZR-1). Only with police version. I'm sure if ZR1 will have police version, it will be undercover version...

players
08-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Toyota supra absent this time:Facepalm:

Zpectre
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, this game is only about the latest and greatest. So no tuners from the 90s. :D

Sir Tristan
08-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Well, this game is only about the latest and greatest. So no tuners from the 90s. :D

Yesyesyes!

Ever noticed (exept for Underground-era) that it was ALWAYS in the essence about the latest and greatest?

In HS, they threw in a 355 Spider and a 360 Modena - because those were the latest in their bodytype. And in HP2, there was only a 360 Spider and 550 Barchetta - again the newest/rarest...

I am genuinely surprised a 996 Carrera S didn't make it in there.

Sometimes I'm a little disappointed with the hottest/latest policy. For example, I can't get my hands on a Carrera or mildly-specced (no carbon seats or rollcage) GT3 anywhere, in any game. Turbo tends to be the entry 911 in most games.

Or in UC, they put in an IS-F. Maybe I want to see how a IS350 stacks up against other V6s? or how a giant-turbo IS200 would make RWD competition for an Evo?

etc, etc.

My dream was always to have 4 engine/body versions of about 100 cars + the possibility to choose opponents. Plus replays/photo mode.

Sinister
08-28-2010, 09:36 AM
The photomode is quite good this year in respect to previous attempts.

furai47
08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
This year looks promising for NFS, although I feel a bit sad that not ALL cars are available as cop and as racer. When I saw that the Reventon is not on the racer side, I could literally not believe it.:Facepalm:

I just hope that if the carlist provided on this particular site is correct, Criterion decide to put the DBS, One-77, V12 Vantage, Koenigsegg Agera, either of the two Diablos, Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni, McLaren F1, CLK GTR Super Sport, SL 65 Black Series, SLR McLaren 722 Edition, SLS AMG AND Carrera GT on the racer side because if not I will literally write a complaint letter.:D

Seriously though, I want those cars on the racers side.

nfslover101
08-28-2010, 10:03 AM
...CLK-GTR would never make it to EA's list.

I don't think so either, its not even a road legal car, I think the goal this time is to get the best of the best road legal cars, that if you want to, take on the track every now and then.

Sir Tristan
08-28-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edZZIf_XgA&feature=player_embedded

At the end it says 'Carrera, Targa, 911, Boxster and Panamera' are 'trademarks of Porsche blah blah'.

Is this a clue?

BTW - CLK-GTR had a streetlegal version.

maggit
08-28-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edZZIf_XgA&feature=player_embedded

At the end it says 'Carrera, Targa, 911, Boxster and Panamera' are 'trademarks of Porsche blah blah'.

Good eye Sir Tristan. I just hope that's not the complete list of manufacturers. Come to think of it...
it's not. :D I don't see Alfa Romeo.

Sir Tristan
08-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Good eye Sir Tristan. I just hope that's not the complete list of manufacturers. Come to think of it...
it's not. :D I don't see Alfa Romeo.

Of course not, the car list is far too big if filled with ??? spaces.

Anyways, it's kinda weird that none of those mentioned were there, I didn't catch the word 'Turbo' there, which both Panamera and Cayenne utilise.

But the Targa is the perfect Grand Tourer 911...

In fact, it would be cool to have racers in open-top form and hardtop, while cops only fixed-head.

The fact that the Veyron Grand Sport might be there, racer-only, is intriguing.

maggit
08-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Gram.pl claim that EA released the official car list for NFS:HP
http://www.gram.pl/news_8QjkJ,C4_Lista_samochodow_z_Need_for_Speed_Ho t_Pursuit.html

The list is as follows:

2. Alfa Romeo 8C Spyder
3. Aston Martin DBS
4. Aston Martin DBS Volante
5. Aston Martin One-77
6. Aston Martin V12 Vantage
7. Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
8. Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI quattro
9. Audi TT RS Coupé
10. Bentley Continental Supersports
11. BMW M3 E92
12. BMW M6 Convertible
13. BMW Z4 sDrive35is
14. Bugatti Veyron 16.4
16. Carbon Motors E7
17. Chevrolet Camaro SS
18. Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
19. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
20. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
22. Dodge Charger SRT8
23. Dodge Viper SRT10
25. Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
26. Ford GT
27. Ford Police Interceptor Concept
28. Ford Shelby GT500
29. Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake
30. Jaguar XKR
31. Koenigsegg Agera
32. Koenigsegg CCX
33. Koenigsegg CCXR Edition
34. Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni
35. Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
37. Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
38. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640-4
40. Lamborghini Reventón
41. Lamborghini Reventón Roadster
42. Maserati GranCabrio
43. Maserati GranTurismo S Automatic
44. Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S
45. Mazda RX-8
46. McLaren F1
47. McLaren MP4-12C
48. Mercedes-Benz SL65 Black Series
49. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
50. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
52. Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION X
53. Nissan 370Z Coupe
54. Nissan 370Z Roadster
56. Pagani Zonda Cinque
57. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
58. Porsche 911 GT3 RS
59. Porsche 911 Targa 4S
60. Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
61. Porsche 918 Spyder (Concept Study)
62. Porsche Boxster Spyder
63. Porsche Carrera GT
64. Porsche Cayman S

It's pretty disappointing, I'd say. Most of the cars are simply versions with bigger engines or cabrios. Meh. What I'm surprised at is that they don't list any source, or link. Maybe someone at EA Poland spilled the beans?

LuckXR
08-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Wiiiiiiiiiiii The Rx8 Appears!! its 1 of my favourites cars, but the 350z dont appears? :(

ElvenAvenger
08-29-2010, 09:18 AM
@ the "official" list.

Hope no one eats me alive for it now, but i saw it way back on nfsunlimited.net, and again, i hope this is not truth.

What i hate is RX-8 appearing but no RX-7, 370Z appearing but no 350Z, then those multi-version "we need more cars and are lazy" Gallardos...

Also whats funny is that you can use the GT500 Super Snake in "Basic" version, and limited edition grants you access to GT500.

Same with Alfa Romeo 8c...

I hope they add older exotics back in, add RX-7 in there, and generally add cool cars.

D00mBringer
08-29-2010, 09:31 AM
2. Alfa Romeo 8C Spyder
Spyder? mehh. 8C will be available on both sides, no reason to add Spyder. So, i think it's fake

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
lolD

Japanfanatic
08-29-2010, 09:32 AM
What i hate is RX-8 appearing but no RX-7, 370Z appearing but no 350Z,

Damn! Guys! RX-7 production ended like about ten years ago! 350Z was replaced by the 370Z two years ago...those cars are OLD!
It's all about current production supercars! The McLaren F1 is in, ok I have to admit, but it's probably just because of it being cult, one of the most iconic cars in classis NFS-Games!

ElvenAvenger
08-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Damn! Guys! RX-7 production ended like about ten years ago! 350Z was replaced by the 370Z two years ago...those cars are OLD!
It's all about current production supercars! The McLaren F1 is in, ok I have to admit, but it's probably just because of it being cult, one of the most iconic cars in classis NFS-Games!

Yeah, production ending is a good reason to not include a car in game.... :Facepalm:

Japanfanatic
08-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah, production ending is a good reason to not include a car in game.... :Facepalm:

Stop being a troll. Game-Developers do have a concept of their game. They don't create games just by messing around. Criterion's concept is not to "Put as much friggin cars into the game as possible to please everyone" but putting modern sports- and supercars into it. That's at least what Sullivan said in all the interviews - not literally.

Sinister
08-29-2010, 10:08 AM
If you want other cars, wait a period of time after the release of the game, pick up the PC version, and start importing cars, since the game will be inevitably cracked by someone we know due to the game being good.

Sir Tristan
08-29-2010, 10:26 AM
It's pretty disappointing, I'd say. Most of the cars are simply versions with bigger engines or cabrios. Meh. What I'm surprised at is that they don't list any source, or link. Maybe someone at EA Poland spilled the beans?

[Assumption of this being legit intel]
If this is the list... I'm in heaven.

God this is amazing. I'm getting everything I want.

And there's Ferrari Spirit in there with those Maseratis, the Official Next Best Thing.

I ALWAYS wished for multiple versions, those are the best pick.

Take the 911 - you get the GT-like, mild-mannered, PDK, 4wd Targa 4S. And the hardcore GT3 RS.

Veyron - cops get a 16.4, racers get the glamorous Grand Sport[/Assumption of this being legit intel]

Seriously, if this IS the list... I am so far from disappointed.

We'll get the Japanese contingent, seen as great cars without the immediate assumption that they NEED to be enhanced by tuning and shit. Just perceived as great, NFS-deserving cars, like in TNFS.

We'll get the epic Evo vs STI battle. We'll get Panamera and Quattroporte police cars. We'll get midrange coupé/GT battles (XKR, Targa 4S, M3, Corvette C6, SL63?), we'll get supercars.

EPIC WIN. (if true) - best NFS car list yet.

Now if they make 'themed' tournaments and stuff... yesyesyes.

junior6at
08-29-2010, 10:37 AM
There's a few I'd like to knock off that list in favor of more desirable cars. Lexus IS-F and LFA to name a few.

RX-8?:Facepalm:

McLaren F1 seems lonely being surrounded by all these new cars. Is it the only classic exotic worthy enough to return or what?

AJ_Lethal
08-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Now the thing that bugs me is the "latest and greatest" shit. Because they re putting out the legendary stuff, like the JZA80s, R34s, FD3Ss, NSXs, F50s, etc...

Sir Tristan
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Now the thing that bugs me is the "latest and greatest" shit. Because they re putting out the legendary stuff, like the JZA80s, R34s, FD3Ss, NSXs, F50s, etc...

Now what would this stuff race? Stuff that who cares about?

I'd really like to see 944 vs 80s RX-7, or 996 vs E46. But it ain't happening, because they're too old.

We're in 2010, the cars are up to speed.

Maybe you can still hope for relevant DLCs.

maggit
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't know. This seems lazy to me. These cars could've been done as 'upgrades', or different versions of the same car (which they ARE) instead of being legit cars. To me it's like getting 20 cars less.

Really, it's like getting the Bonus Porsche and Camaro from NFS4. :O

POMELO
08-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Isnt better that the roadster versions be bodykits?
I mean, I wanna buy a Gallardo. Select 'Version' and click on Roadster.

Sinister
08-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Cars aren't purchased, they are unlocked. Your garage at the end of both careers will have the entire stable at your disposal.

AJ_Lethal
08-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Now what would this stuff race? Stuff that who cares about?

I'd really like to see 944 vs 80s RX-7, or 996 vs E46. But it ain't happening, because they're too old.

We're in 2010, the cars are up to speed.

Maybe you can still hope for relevant DLCs.
they can make the tt-rs, the cayman hard time

Sir Tristan
08-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't know. This seems lazy to me. These cars could've been done as 'upgrades', or different versions of the same car (which they ARE) instead of being legit cars. To me it's like getting 20 cars less.

Really, it's like getting the Bonus Porsche and Camaro from NFS4. :O
Isnt better that the roadster versions be bodykits?
I mean, I wanna buy a Gallardo. Select 'Version' and click on Roadster.

Alright, I give you guys that. If that were to happen though, I would need some 60 platforms.

And yes, it would be cool to have a series of outlines of cars (like shadowed or something) with badge and model logo. Every one should have 3-4 versions of engines/bodystyles. But they're no stupid bodykits, they're whole different versions.

But BTW, what's exactly wrong with passing them off as full cars? It just gives more options.

D00mBringer
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
ram.pl claim that EA released the official car list for NFS:HP

crap, its true =/ just print http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/node/3** with 21-99 instead **

maggit
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
But BTW, what's exactly wrong with passing them off as full cars? It just gives more options.

EA claim they will have 66 cars in the game while they will have around 40 + ~20 variants.
Yes, they may be faster, they may be roadsters/spyders/cabrios but they're ultimately the
same cars. I'd prefer 1000 times an old Diablo SV instead of one of the 4 Gallardos.

Come on, I'm guessing they didn't even have to start making the model from scratch.
Oh, and don't you feel cheated? They said some cars will be exclusive to cops/racers.
It seems that most of those exclusives will be just performance versions for the cops,
ergo basically the same cars.

And mind you, I'm mainly disappointed about the selection of Lambos (well, Koenigseggs also look
the same). I'm OK with Porsches. And the Maseratis suck. I really don't know what people see in
those cars. They're not even half of the class of Ferrari. But that's a biased opinion. :D

@DoomBringer
Thanks. It works. ;)
Every page starting from 72 and going down reveals the name of the car. Sloppy EA, real sloppy.
I'll add a picture as proof in case EA fix it. So, the list is legit. I didn't see the CVPIs though.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9242/clipboard03uy.jpg.

Sir Tristan
08-29-2010, 08:32 PM
EA claim they will have 66 cars in the game while they will have around 40 + ~20 variants.
Yes, they may be faster, they may be roadsters/spyders/cabrios but they're ultimately the
same cars. I'd prefer 1000 times an old Diablo SV instead of one of the 4 Gallardos.

Come on, I'm guessing they didn't even have to start making the model from scratch.
Oh, and don't you feel cheated? They said some cars will be exclusive to cops/racers.
It seems that most of those exclusives will be just performance versions for the cops,
ergo basically the same cars.

So? It's always good to have some variety, even if it's versions.

I don't feel cheated at all even if they're not whole new cars - I LIKE this variety

But I guess you could say there isn't a point in putting in an R8 V10 AND a Gallardo - same platform, engine... waste of space right?

Zpectre
08-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Way too many Gallardos, way too many 911s, way too many Corvettes...

Carbon Motors E7 is just LOL.

Where's the Chevy Caprice?

What's the archaic Crown Victoria doing in an NFS game when there's the Taurus?

Thumbs up to Bentley, Koenigsegg and Maserati.

Thumbs down to cabrio versions (hated them since NFSHS). What's the point of these cars if they don't have folding tops?

No sports saloons except for Panamera and Quattroporte. Where's M5? Where's RS6? Where's E63 AMG?

No Lexus LF-A?

No Audi RS5?

The list is way better than other recent NFS games, which were overloaded with Japanese cars, but EA should stop favouring Lamborghini and Porsche. That's almost the entire Lamborghini lineup in the game. And why have both the Carrera GT and the 918 Spyder? This is no longer Porsche Unleashed (unless I'm missing something). Who the **** chooses these damn cars anyway? We guys from this board can write a far better list.

And yes, it would be cool to have a series of outlines of cars (like shadowed or something) with badge and model logo. Every one should have 3-4 versions of engines/bodystyles. But they're no stupid bodykits, they're whole different versions.

More options of what, I don't need these kinds of options, as I know the convertible version will always be the same as the regular one, but crappier (it was like that in Porsche Unleashed).

Having cabrios only makes sense in TDU, in which you can cruise around and pretend you're in Hawaii.

And mind you, I'm mainly disappointed about the selection of Lambos (well, Koenigseggs also look
the same). I'm OK with Porsches. And the Maseratis suck. I really don't know what people see in
those cars. They're not even half of the class of Ferrari. But that's a biased opinion.

Maserati is awesome and classy in its own way.

phosphorus
08-29-2010, 10:07 PM
too many Gallardos

Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder
Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera

That's just "Same Car Different Versions"!!

Players want "Different Cars"
1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
1990 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV
2001 Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4
2010 Lamborghini Reventón

Sir Tristan
08-30-2010, 04:44 AM
Thumbs down to cabrio versions (hated them since NFSHS). What's the point of these cars if they don't have folding tops?

No sports saloons except for Panamera and Quattroporte. Where's M5? Where's RS6? Where's E63 AMG?

No Lexus LF-A?

No Audi RS5?

Cabrio versions FTW. In HP2, it was the best choice ever for them to put in a 360 Spider, not Modena. It made it more glamorous.

Turbo S Cabriolet is there to amplify its Grand Tourerness.

I agree on the saloons, actually - but they're presumably cop-only.

Maybe they'll make a '4door DLC' or '90s DLC' and shizz.

ElvenAvenger
08-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Im not complaining about Gallardo + Gallardo Spyder, what annoys me is that they still add 2 more versions of Gallardo.
I'd take a Diablo SV + RX-7/Supra/911 Turbo RS (I loved that car in Porsche Unleashed, oh those hard races in Zone Industrielle....one mistake and you are spinning <3) over those 2 Gallardos.

I have nothing against variety but not when its that way.

We either get 60 different cars, or 66 cars in total but about 20 of them are just different versions of already available cars.

Honestly, why not just take the best option and put in a lot of cars AND their versions (if there are any)

Anyway, seeing as this game will have DLC, we will get more cars.
Questions are: Which cars, and what pricing for the DLC.

Sir Tristan
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Anyway, seeing as this game will have DLC, we will get more cars.
Questions are: Which cars, and what pricing for the DLC.

I'm sure there should be:

Grand Touring Pack or the like (super 4doors, big Coupés, luxo sports)

90s Supercar Pack (legends like F50, EB110, Diablo, F355, Cala, CLK-GTR Street, GT1 Street)

Muscle Car Pack and Import Pack (sure of it)

1988-2001 cars (I wish) with an epic 928 GTS vs SL500 vs XKR vs (stretching it) Z8 shootout (yay for 90s euro muscle).

I want 'unfair' races with Z8 vs 360 Spider. And 928 GTS vs Cayenne GTS (the new, lighter one they =might= make later). Saleen Mustang vs XKR vs DB7.

HazewinDog
08-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd take a ... 911 Turbo RS (I loved that car in Porsche Unleashed, oh those hard races in Zone Industrielle....one mistake and you are spinning <3) over those 2 Gallardos.
lol i remember that car.. That combination annoyed me a lot, haha

anyway, i also think they shouldnt add more versions of 1 car. And usually only old(er) muscle's get added.. what about old(er) other cars? :)

ps: EA devs, listen up. If you guys save some room for a Calá in a NFS, ill pre-order all of them! :P

POMELO
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Cars aren't purchased, they are unlocked. Your garage at the end of both careers will have the entire stable at your disposal.

Ok. But still can be like NFS 5, right? Click on Car Options and then select Roadster.

Sir Tristan
08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Ok. But still can be like NFS 5, right? Click on Car Options and then select Roadster.

NFS 5 did not have that at all.

NFS 5 had about 15 cars overall - the figure of 80 was achieved with versions (and even then with missing out on facelifts and some versions).

But they were most definitely 'treated' as complete different cars. They were labelled separately.

Example of a list (from Modern Era, Class 2):
'98 911 Carrera
'98 911 Carrera 4
'98 911 Carrera Cabriolet
'98 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet.

maggit
08-30-2010, 05:45 PM
NFS 5 did not have that at all.

NFS 5 had about 15 cars overall - the figure of 80 was achieved with versions (and even then with missing out on facelifts and some versions).

But they were most definitely 'treated' as complete different cars. They were labelled separately.

But that was the idea of the game. You were able to drive ANY Porsche up to date (which wasn't true because some were missing even after official addon cars were released). Still, you had a much wider choice than just 911 (997). You could go (993), (996), etc. And these cars handled and looked quite different.

Zpectre
08-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Cabrio versions FTW. In HP2, it was the best choice ever for them to put in a 360 Spider, not Modena. It made it more glamorous.

Turbo S Cabriolet is there to amplify its Grand Tourerness.

I agree on the saloons, actually - but they're presumably cop-only.

Maybe they'll make a '4door DLC' or '90s DLC' and shizz.

Who gives a damn about glamour when you're ****ING RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE? This is a RACING game. In a RACING game, cabrios are WORSE. They accelerate, handle and brake worse. Simple as that. This is not GTA or even TDU, so I want the most apt versions of the cars that I can find. And seriously, what's the point of having Gallardo and Gallardo Spyder in the same game? They're the same cars. As I said before, this is not TDU where there's a point in having a convertible version (you race with the coupé and cruise with the convertible). I don't care about looking glamorous when I'm busted by the police.

Jesus, I'm becoming tired of reading your senseless daydreaming about your perfect NFS game.

I would actually be fine with the convertibles if it didn't mean less variation (as in, have more different cars to compensate for all the different versions of the same car). And if they had the BMW M6 coupé as well as the convertible.

l6 Diesel
08-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Personally, I really don't care what cars they put in the game. As long as the driving performance physics and engine sounds are accurate, then there are very few reasons to complain about. I wish cars of various engine types are included, ranging from inline 4s, V6, inline 6, flat plane/cross plane V8s, low-rev high-revving V10s, and V12s from different car manufacturers that has different characters.

I'm sure any cars would look fantastic both in daylight and night in the game.

Windows1
08-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Found this (Sorry if Posted Earlier) :-

http://eceplayground.com/2010/08/28/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-cars-leaked/

Allure
08-31-2010, 04:39 AM
Who gives a damn about glamour when you're ****ING RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE? This is a RACING game. In a RACING game, cabrios are WORSE. They accelerate, handle and brake worse. Simple as that. This is not GTA or even TDU, so I want the most apt versions of the cars that I can find. And seriously, what's the point of having Gallardo and Gallardo Spyder in the same game? They're the same cars. As I said before, this is not TDU where there's a point in having a convertible version (you race with the coupé and cruise with the convertible). I don't care about looking glamorous when I'm busted by the police.

Jesus, I'm becoming tired of reading your senseless daydreaming about your perfect NFS game.

I would actually be fine with the convertibles if it didn't mean less variation (as in, have more different cars to compensate for all the different versions of the same car). And if they had the BMW M6 coupé as well as the convertible.

Seconded.

Looking glamorous? The ****? It's Hot Pursuit, son, not Hot Cruise.

I'd gladly have the convertible versions as unlockables or extras to add replay value to the game. Why bother with filling slots with pointless cabrios which are the worse versions of the coupes.

Also Mazda RX-8 and Impreza suck. Who will even bother to use them when you have Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and Pagani?! Thought they were supposed to be traffic cars.

Also a Ferrari+90's cars DLC is a must.

T0MMY
08-31-2010, 06:47 AM
the carlist looks bad, same car different edition. If there is a DLC coming, hope they bring back some classic super cars like F40 or Muira. Now it just bad.

Sir Tristan
08-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Who gives a damn about glamour when you're ****ING RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE? This is a RACING game. In a RACING game, cabrios are WORSE. They accelerate, handle and brake worse. Simple as that.

It's just a game, man. It's cool to have convertibles, because some people like them. If you don't, get a fixed head in-game, JEEZ.

Anyway I'm so tired of the stupid assumption convertibles are just for cruising in Monaco and some gay driving without purpose on some island where they filmed LOST.

The thing is, maybe **** the grand tourers off altogether and leave us just Elises and Supercars? Is this what NFS is about? Just the fastest you can get? Make Nissan GT-R, McLaren F1, ZR-1 and Veyron the only cars in the game then.

I loved the HP2 atmosphere - many things sucked about it, but I loved the schematic of a race. First minute 6-8 cars cruise on the road, barely going 150km/h, enjoying the scenery. Then cops show up and you get absolute CHAOS on-road. Competetiveness arises. Dude, it should be like that.

In HP2, if they put in a Modena, not a Spider, it wouldn't be as cool when it overtakes you, gleaming with Giallo Modena, slipping into oversteer on the corner with such grace. A Modena would have looked like a race car on the track. But the Spider won me over.

Here, if the 911 Turbo S was a Coupé, there would not be sufficient contrast to GT3 RS. Those two show how varied the 911 range is.

You get LP560 Superleggera. And R8 Spyder. Same chassis and engine, polar difference. AND you get everything in between (R8s, Gallardos...).

Beastage
08-31-2010, 08:19 AM
originally on http://www.nfsunlimited.net:

Rumoured Complete Hot Pursuit Car List
by Bojan at 19:12

A complete Need for Speed Hot Pursuit car list has appeared on the internet and I have to admit that the list does look like very possible with a few cars that stand out. Keep in mind that this is not the official car list though. We'll keep you posted on all Hot Pursuit car updates so stay close.

Quote:
* Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
* Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
* Aston Martin DBS
* Aston Martin DBS Volante
* Aston Martin One-77
* Aston Martin V12 Vantage
* Audi R8 Coupe 5.2 FSI quattro
* Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI quattro
* Audi TT RS Coupe
* BMW M3 E92
* BMW M6 Convertible
* BMW Z4 sDrive35is
* Bentley Continental Superports Coupe
* Bugatti Veyron 16.4
* Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
* Carbon Motors E7
* Chevrolet Camaro SS
* Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
* Chevrolet Corvette Z06
* Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
* Dodge Challenger SRT8
* Dodge Charger SRT8
* Dodge Viper SRT-10
* Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR
* Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
* Ford GT
* Ford Shelby GT500
* Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake
* Ford Police Interceptor Concept
* Jaguar XKR
* Koenigsegg Agera
* Koenigsegg CCX
* Koenigsegg CCXR Edition
* Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
* Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4
* Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder
* Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
* Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640
* Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
* Lamborghini Reventon
* Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
* Maserati GranCabrio
* Maserati GranTurismo S Automatic
* Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT-S
* Mazda RX-8
* McLaren F1
* McLaren MP4-12C
* Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Edition
* Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
* Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
* Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
* Nissan 370Z Coupe
* Nissan 370Z Roadster Touring w/ Sport Pkg. (Z34)
* Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35)
* Pagani Zonda Cinque
* Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
* Porsche 911 GT3 RS
* Porsche 911 Targa 4S
* Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
* Porsche 918 Spyder (Concept Study)
* Porsche Boxster Spyder
* Porsche Carrera GT
* Porsche Cayman S
* Porsche Panamera Turbo
* Subaru Impreza WRX STi

I don't know about you, but I think that's a very good car list, what do you think?

maggit
08-31-2010, 08:32 AM
You'll find our opinions here. And look at the sticky threads next time.
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28354&page=4

Oh, and that list is inaccurate.

MR.JS
08-31-2010, 08:59 AM
why have they put convertibles since we cannot drive roof down

ElvenAvenger
08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
@up

permanently roof down then? :P

Anyway....this list is nearly everywhere now. I won't comment on it again >.>

AJ_Lethal
08-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Who gives a damn about glamour when you're ****ING RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE?

Quote: You wanna spend the night on my house?
Sig: Yes, sure.

Sinister
08-31-2010, 04:54 PM
merged the other thread into this simply because this is the official thread.

Sir Tristan
09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Who gives a damn about glamour when you're ****ING RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE?

That's the kind of hate and fear NFSMW+ injected into us.

Old NFS was about the same old dumbass cops making things a little more difficult and saying funny lines, not being The Enemy #1... *search&destroy mission*.

In old NFS you ran away from the police. In MW you chased police cars to smash and rack up more bounty.

Thus I love the new car list and the whole thing the game looks to become. Now excuse me, I just re-installed Shift.

Rockmers
09-01-2010, 07:32 AM
I like this game

l6 Diesel
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm looking forward to this game too.
In the official web site (http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars), it says
" Need for Speed Hot Pursuit features the hottest cars, with absolutely no “fillers”. " > Really? I hope so.

"We hope you enjoy driving these hand-picked machines as much as we did selecting them and crafting them into Hot Pursuit."

We hope that all this hype lives up to its true reputation.

Zpectre
09-02-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm looking forward to this game too.
In the official web site (http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars), it says
" Need for Speed Hot Pursuit features the hottest cars, with absolutely no “fillers”. " > Really? I hope so.

"We hope you enjoy driving these hand-picked machines as much as we did selecting them and crafting them into Hot Pursuit."

We hope that all this hype lives up to its true reputation.

There are many good cars in the list, however I can't help but feel the cabrios are all fillers... Except for those which aren't available in coupé form.

Sir Tristan
09-02-2010, 03:11 AM
There are many good cars in the list, however I can't help but feel the cabrios are all fillers... Except for those which aren't available in coupé form.

Lol I am so perfectly happy with all those cabrios. They're just using the opportunity that was there for ages, unused - put in versions of cars already in the game, thus increasing the marketable car count and variety of races. Thumbs up from me, they're businessmen after all this isn't fine art or anything.

BTW nearly all classic NFS games featured roadsters/cabrios as well. Take, well, anything from NFS3 to NFS6. And from NFS4 on you could have (or have to have [HP2]) your top down. That for me was attractive.

But what if the drivers aren't clones from HP2 or Mr. Plank? Maybe there's going to be blonde hair blowing from that Turbo S' cabin?

3ni_2nr
09-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Seconded.
Also Mazda RX-8 and Impreza suck. Who will even bother to use them when you have Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini and Pagani?! Thought they were supposed to be traffic cars.

:'( C'mon man, they dont suck, they just don't quite fit in to the supercar outfit of the game.

Seeing that this topic is raised, what can we expect to be starter cars? Cayman S and the such?

Schaefft
09-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Crown Vic, Ford Taurus and Carbon E7 in one game = win

TruePro
09-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I hope that list is NOT real. I highly doubt that's gonna be even close. Reventon coupe and roadster... lol. 4 gallardos... fail. This is not GranTurismo or Forza or even nfs Shift. It's not simulation. It's one of those arcade things that require different models to make it fun. And instead of that grand sport corvette, put the cobalt.

Who the hell made that list?

Allure
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
:'( C'mon man, they dont suck, they just don't quite fit in to the supercar outfit of the game.

Seeing that this topic is raised, what can we expect to be starter cars? Cayman S and the such?

That list needs more TVR, man, I'm telling ya.

Dark1
09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Crown Vic, Ford Taurus and Carbon E7 in one game = win
When we assume that in place of Carbon E7 could have been Caprice or 300C, it don't look that good.

Sir Tristan
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I think it's stupid to moan about 4 versions of Gallardo.

No, they COULDN'T be replaced with a Diablo, Countach, Diablo SV and VT. No, the 911s COULDN'T be replaced by 993s and such.

Because they didn't have the right licenses. Which means, when you have the Gallardo, why not grab the other 3 versions as well, to beef up the car list. Because WHY NOT? Would you rather not have them? I certainly wouldn't like a game in which the only version is the beefiest.

Also nobody noticed that half of GT5's 950 cars are VERSIONS. 20 Skylines, Supras, RX-7s and Z's respectively, per generation.

Double Mac
09-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Who gives a damn about glamour when you're F***ING RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE?

I do. Correction: I most certainly f***ing do. :)

Ask any racer, any real racer, and they will tell you that – although it certainly does matter whether you win by an inch or a mile – the most important thing is to cross the finish line in a red RX-7 with a matching red (or even clashing green) neon flashing underneath.

You know, for a while I was wondering why you would say something as, hmm, naïve as that, and then it hit me: what cars is Zpectre into? Oh yeah, BMW’s. No wonder the very notion of automotive glamor seems so alien to him.

Having recently browsed an old thread (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25210) wherein users were encouraged to share their perceptions of ‘the most beautiful car’ I was amused to find a few entries of yours on the very first page. What did you feel compelled to post as, one would assume, your most immediate association with automotive beauty? A plain-looking, late 1990’s sedan. With a BMW badge, needless to say. Granted, it was an indisputably elegant model and I’m sure its build quality is impeccable but… I still couldn’t believe that – out of thousands of visually attractive machines – you went with this. Of course, it got even better when you posted a hapless 2002 Turbo (!) running out of ‘presentable’ BMW offerings perhaps. Really, as subjective as this can get, I would’ve understood and forgiven you for something as infinitely more palatable as an early 1970’s 2800CS, a 2000CS with its unmistakable front end… hell, even a 3200 – although, of all the Gordon Keeble rehashes Giugiaro did, that one was probably the least interesting and the least charming. But the 2002 Turbo?! You might’ve as well posted a bloody NSU 1200 (which is similar, after all)! Or gone the whole hog and proposed the ‘clown shoe’ which, I’m guessing, was BMW’s way of finding out just how many people would be tasteless enough to accept the brand’s aesthetic transition from merely ordinary to downright atrocious.

In this context, the glorified M1 felt rather obligatory, eh? (Even though you seem to think it looks better in a racing bodykit and I prefer it stock but what the hell.) Still, as much as I love and respect this truly unique chapter in BMW’s history, I can’t help but notice that the design appears somewhat, uhm, pedestrian and rather inadventurous in comparison with contemporary mid-engined equivalents.

It’s like the BMW execs instructed Giugiaro to keep his more spirited tendencies in check ‘because our customers are not really concerned with the looks of a car. You know, this guy, Pietro Frua, has been bombarding us with styling proposals ever since the mid-60’s (*) and we’ve had enough of this Italian crap. Especially after that Glaserati thing he did which we had to discontinue because people kept confusing it with some 2-door variant of the Quattroporte. Oh yeah, and don’t stick too closely to that outrageous 1972 Turbo concept either. Keep it simple, bud.’ Thus, apparently, Giugiaro did what they wanted, coming up with a draft of an inconspicuous-looking mid-engined car, worthy of BMW’s function-over-form tradition.

I may be wrong about that but I imagine that – performance-related matters aside – most people would go with the voluptuous curves of the Maserati Bora / Merak, the raw beauty of DeTomaso’s Pantera or the more lighthearted design of the early Lotus Esprit before choosing the M1 (if those cars were available in a given game, that is).

More importantly though – and this is where the point is about to emerge – they might go with another timeless mid-70’s Giugiaro design: the DeLorean DMC-12. Everyone knows that, performance-wise, it was a piece of crap with its disappointing PRV V6. Everyone seems to love it regardless, and you can see some interpretation of the model in such fun-oriented titles as Carmageddon 2, Interstate ‘82, GTA: Vice City, FlatOut 2, Scarface… even in Burnout Paradise. On top of that, the forthcoming Driver: San Francisco will feature the actual, ‘real-life’ depiction of the car, and I’ll bet you a BMW 700 that the performance will be ‘upgraded’ with the power of, say, a V8 engine. Because this is how we like to think the car should’ve been in the first place. How to account for all this popularity? Does the sole responsibility lie with some silly teen comedy about time travel? Me, I like to think that it’s simply directly related to the fact that the DMC-12 is such a glamorous-looking machine, easily one of the best-looking cars of the 1980’s I can immediately think of.

The reason I drive a DMC-12 in High Stakes is because ‘I’ look good in it. It’s been cursed with more or less realistic specs so I had one hell of a time trying to outrun a 1948 Jaguar XK120 and a 1970 Citroën SM (among a bunch of other cool oldies) the other day but it was an unforgettable race and the replay was a joy to watch. The Type 14 Karmann Ghia (a far better-looking car than the contemporary BMW 503 which hardly anyone cares to even remember these days) is also a fixture within my roster because I find it aesthetically pleasing. In fact, every single car in my HS collection has been included on the strength of looks alone. Even the streamlined, V16-equipped 1937 Auto Union Type C has been chosen because of its remarkable appearance (apart from its age and cult status, of course). Its top speed of over 400 km/h (Rosemeyer managed to take it to over 406 km/h on 25 October 1937 on an Autobahn between Frankfurt and Darmstadt, earning the title of the first man to exceed the 400 km/h barrier on an ordinary road; earlier that year the car had allowed him to lap Avus – yes, unthinkable though it may seem, it could actually turn – at an incredible average speed of 276.39 km/h which, I’m told, is a formula record held to this day?) is just a bonus to me, a sympathetic ‘side effect’, if you will. (Truth be told, I only managed to clock 366.8 km/h, testing that beast on a certain Norwegian circuit but I understand that the speed might have been, uhm, ‘electronically limited’ for safety purposes. Or else the car hasn’t been properly maintained since 1937.)

I dunno, maybe you are perfectly happy with something like the Krieger Racing WTR when you do a single player race in Burnout Paradise. Me, I have more fun trying to outsmart the relentless AI in, say, the bulky, slow and awkward but spectacular-looking Hunter Manhattan. Would you say that I’m missing out on something crucial because I’m not playing the game the way it’s seemingly intended to be played? But I’m enjoying myself (and winning top-level races at the same time), how can it be wrong then?

You wrote that extensive MW career walkthrough (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25614) (an admirable feat and an entertaining read in over 5600 words, if my word processor doesn’t lie) only to conclude the following:

What's the best car? For all effects and purposes, the BMW M3 GTR.

Which might’ve been your way of saying:

What's the best car? (…) BMW (…).

(Sorry, couldn’t resist it! :D)

But I can beat the entire game with a starter car equipped with an N2O upgrade and otherwise baby-stock (in fact, I have), thus completely disregarding your vehicle choice suggestions and your apparent conviction that the pursuits are so difficult one is advised to select an appropriately weighty ride and resort to the speedbreaker before every roadblock. Well, I kept smiling during these parts of your overview because I remembered having imposed restrictions on my pursuit tactics in order to increase the challenge to a worthwhile minimum (no N2O, no speedbreaker, no upgrades, no pursuit breakers, no minimap so I couldn’t predict the cops’ positions). In short, the MW, Carbon and especially UC pursuits are nowhere near as scary as those in, say, the original Driver game. And certainly nowhere near so taxing that you’d feel compelled to deprive yourself of the pleasure of driving the car that you reckon might make your exploits look that little bit more, well, glamorous.

Finally, not that I have a thing for convertibles, but we don’t even know if HP’s physics model will take the differences in performance you mentioned into consideration. It’s not like you won’t have a silly boost ‘power-up’ in order to make up for any potential deficiencies after all.

(*) I’m including links to some of what I think are genuinely pretty styling proposals concocted by Frua for BMW. I suggest you help yourself to one of those should the need (ie another ‘Most Beautiful Car’ thread) arise. Given that these are still ‘legit’ Beemers, this will let you save face by staying loyal to your favorite manufacturer and (hopefully) save the rest of us from seeing another picture of that hideous 2002 Turbo on these pages. (Then again, what does it say about BMW having the heart to reject such cute designs?)

1967 BMW / Glas 3000 V8 (http://www.pietro-frua.de/1967_bmw3000coupe.htm) and 1969 BMW 2800 GTS (http://www.pietro-frua.de/graphics/pics_big/1969_bmw2800_01.jpg) (which clearly evolved into the terribly overpriced but otherwise fabulous and desirable Monteverdi 375 High Speed);
1968 BMW 2000 ti (http://www.pietro-frua.de/1968_bmw2000.htm) (which became the Monteverdi 2000 GTI);
1969 BMW 2002 GT4 (http://www.pietro-frua.de/1969_bmw2002.htm) and the slightly younger 1970 BMW 2002 GT4 (http://www.pietro-frua.de/1969_bmw2002.htm#II) (now, that’s what I call a great-looking 2002!);
1975 BMW 3.0 Si (http://www.pietro-frua.de/graphics/pics_big/1975_bmw_02.jpg);
1976 BMW 528i GT (http://www.pietro-frua.de/graphics/pics_big/1976_bmw_02.jpg).

Enjoy. :)

Sir Tristan
09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
The 'Mac is back!

Highly eloquent if a tad long contribution. I agree.

Especially the 'I' look good in it part. NFS can give me the opportunity to either 'show this heavy Turbo brat' in a GT3 RS or 'outgun that RS masochist' in the heavy Turbo S itself, with an open top, watching the other guy (rather, preferably, girl) sweat without air conditioning in Seacrest County, changing those cogs and struggling with the clutch.

I think this game should have a 'Tour' race mode. There, you're assessed on your driving style, every bounce/scrape/dent ****s with your result and penalizes you. That would force a nice, chilled game for a break from those superfast races. You still should get points for 1st place of course.

3ni_2nr
09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
That list needs more TVR, man, I'm telling ya.

Indeed. Y'know, now that I actually read the alleged list, those two tuners do really seem random.

Zpectre
09-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Mac you've gotta be kidding me with this long post...

I do. Correction: I most certainly f***ing do.

Ask any racer, any real racer, and they will tell you that – although it certainly does matter whether you win by an inch or a mile – the most important thing is to cross the finish line in a red RX-7 with a matching red (or even clashing green) neon flashing underneath.

You know, for a while I was wondering why you would say something as, hmm, naïve as that, and then it hit me: what cars is Zpectre into? Oh yeah, BMW’s. No wonder the very notion of automotive glamor seems so alien to him.

Well, if you do, it's your opinion, but in a pursuit I'll always prefer the car most suited to the job. In "Ronin" the then-current Audi S8 was the vehicle of choice of Robert DeNiro and co. because it was heavy enough to withstand punishment while still being fast. It happened to be a pretty good-looking car but that wasn't taken into consideration when they picked it. :D

My preference for BMW doesn't mean I don't know how to admire proper beauty. ;)

Having recently browsed an old thread wherein users were encouraged to share their perceptions of ‘the most beautiful car’ I was amused to find a few entries of yours on the very first page. What did you feel compelled to post as, one would assume, your most immediate association with automotive beauty? A plain-looking, late 1990’s sedan. With a BMW badge, needless to say. Granted, it was an indisputably elegant model and I’m sure its build quality is impeccable but… I still couldn’t believe that – out of thousands of visually attractive machines – you went with this. Of course, it got even better when you posted a hapless 2002 Turbo (!) running out of ‘presentable’ BMW offerings perhaps. Really, as subjective as this can get, I would’ve understood and forgiven you for something as infinitely more palatable as an early 1970’s 2800CS, a 2000CS with its unmistakable front end… hell, even a 3200 – although, of all the Gordon Keeble rehashes Giugiaro did, that one was probably the least interesting and the least charming. But the 2002 Turbo?! You might’ve as well posted a bloody NSU 1200 (which is similar, after all)! Or gone the whole hog and proposed the ‘clown shoe’ which, I’m guessing, was BMW’s way of finding out just how many people would be tasteless enough to accept the brand’s aesthetic transition from merely ordinary to downright atrocious.

There are people who find beauty in the ordinary things of life. :D Not necessarily my case, though. I stand by my opinion that the E39 is one of the most beautiful sedans ever made, even if its design doesn't have any revolutionary features.

And the 2002 could be considered "cute" instead of "beautiful". By the time I posted that the thread had already turned into a "post-your-favourite-car" thread so I just set out to post some BMWs afte F.R. made his contribution. I'll admit that at the time I wasn't very familiarised with the older BMW coupés like the New Class, for which I kindly ask you to forgive me, since my automotive knowledge dwindles the further we go back in time.

I dunno, maybe you are perfectly happy with something like the Krieger Racing WTR when you do a single player race in Burnout Paradise. Me, I have more fun trying to outsmart the relentless AI in, say, the bulky, slow and awkward but spectacular-looking Hunter Manhattan. Would you say that I’m missing out on something crucial because I’m not playing the game the way it’s seemingly intended to be played? But I’m enjoying myself (and winning top-level races at the same time), how can it be wrong then?

I haven't unlocked the WTR yet, but I know I wouldn't choose it all that often. The Rossolini Tempesta GT is more like what you'd see me driving in Paradise City. ;) I don't like TOO fast cars, with the natural exception of the Veyron.

You wrote that extensive MW career walkthrough (an admirable feat and an entertaining read in over 5600 words, if my word processor doesn’t lie) only to conclude the following:

But it's not my fault they made the M3 GTR that good! :D

Actually, with all Junkman parts, the Carrera GT is the best all around car, but it's unfair to compare it to the M3 GTR then, because it's not a level playing field.

But I can beat the entire game with a starter car equipped with an N2O upgrade and otherwise baby-stock (in fact, I have), thus completely disregarding your vehicle choice suggestions and your apparent conviction that the pursuits are so difficult one is advised to select an appropriately weighty ride and resort to the speedbreaker before every roadblock. Well, I kept smiling during these parts of your overview because I remembered having imposed restrictions on my pursuit tactics in order to increase the challenge to a worthwhile minimum (no N2O, no speedbreaker, no upgrades, no pursuit breakers, no minimap so I couldn’t predict the cops’ positions). In short, the MW, Carbon and especially UC pursuits are nowhere near as scary as those in, say, the original Driver game. And certainly nowhere near so taxing that you’d feel compelled to deprive yourself of the pleasure of driving the car that you reckon might make your exploits look that little bit more, well, glamorous.

My guide is only meant to make things easier, taking into consideration the way the game is meant to be played, but usually you can beat most games without doing all the things you're supposed to. Perhaps I don't have a particularly inventive mind to deviate from the path the developers intended the gamers to take and I fully acknowledge I'm at fault for this. Maybe it's my OCD, too. :P

Did you have problems with the last tollbooth challenges? I'm curious to hear. :) I remember in NFSUnlimited one guy tried to beat the game with the Camaro and he found those to be particularly difficult without an upgraded car.

(*) I’m including links to some of what I think are genuinely pretty styling proposals concocted by Frua for BMW. I suggest you help yourself to one of those should the need (ie another ‘Most Beautiful Car’ thread) arise. Given that these are still ‘legit’ Beemers, this will let you save face by staying loyal to your favorite manufacturer and (hopefully) save the rest of us from seeing another picture of that hideous 2002 Turbo on these pages. (Then again, what does it say about BMW having the heart to reject such cute designs?)

1967 BMW / Glas 3000 V8 and 1969 BMW 2800 GTS (which clearly evolved into the terribly overpriced but otherwise fabulous and desirable Monteverdi 375 High Speed);
1968 BMW 2000 ti (which became the Monteverdi 2000 GTI);
1969 BMW 2002 GT4 and the slightly younger 1970 BMW 2002 GT4 (now, that’s what I call a great-looking 2002!);
1975 BMW 3.0 Si;
1976 BMW 528i GT.

Enjoy.

I really liked these pictures, thanks! My favourite is the 3000 V8. It's a shame my knowledge of the German language is very limited, otherwise I'd be able to read the story of these cars in the links you posted.

Allure
09-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Indeed. Y'know, now that I actually read the alleged list, those two tuners do really seem random.

Yes, those are truly random. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for the official list by EA. And Mac indeed did his usual elaborated long post. Z, the E39 is the best-looking sedan ever. Thing is, I have no problem with the cabrios or the other limited edition variations, but I'd prefer them to be unlockables and be applied as packages instead of being fillers. Why not have the Diablo and its cabrio version or the SV and the VT as unlockables instead of Balboni's Gallardo and the Superleggera filling actual car slots when they could easily be unlockables?! Also the lack of sedans (just the Quattroporte), classics, concepts - and obviously car brands like TVR, Wiesmann or Morgan. EA also needs to spend more cash on car licenses.

Zpectre
09-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Anything with Subaru badging is not random IMO.

The Mazda RX-8 will undoubtedly be the weakest car in the game.

Sir Tristan
09-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Also the lack of sedans (just the Quattroporte), classics, concepts - and obviously car brands like TVR, Wiesmann or Morgan. EA also needs to spend more cash on car licenses.

Quattroporte and Panamera are the only sedans here. And undoubtedly they will both be cop-only.

However, everything you listed may still be hoped for in DLCs.

EA chose its studios wisely lately. Slightly Mad and Criterion are both solid, British teams who know their trade (simulation and arcade games) very well.

Think of the numerous DLCs Burnout Paradise got, being ruled by Criterion.

We also need 'obscure' (for someone with little interest in cars) concepts (to take place of the Scighera in NFS3, for example). Fisker Karma maybe, or Renault's mid-engine concept and Peugeot's SL-competitor thingy (both in roadster and coupé :P) - those will never make it to the road, maybe they should let us drive them in-game?

The Porsches make a great, strong list indeed.

Allure
09-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh shit, forgot about the Panamera.

Anyways, what you're saying about dark concepts, well, um, let's see - Holden Efijy (stunning retro design), Citroen GT (although impossible and not dark at all), Lamborghini Miura Concept (retro-inspired and amazing), Peugeot 907 RC (great sedan), Ford Shelby GR-1 (simply gorgeous), Ford Shelby Cobra (AC Cobra-inspired, great modern representation), Chrysler ME 4-12, Saleen S5S Raptor, Cadillac Cien, Cadillac Sixteen, Zenvo ST1, BMW M1 Homage, Maserati Birdcage 75th - and many many others. :P

Sir Tristan
09-03-2010, 01:03 PM

Anyways, what you're saying about dark concepts, well, um, let's see - Holden Efijy (stunning retro design), Citroen GT (although impossible and not dark at all), Lamborghini Miura Concept (retro-inspired and amazing), Peugeot 907 RC (great sedan), Ford Shelby GR-1 (simply gorgeous), Ford Shelby Cobra (AC Cobra-inspired, great modern representation), Chrysler ME 4-12, Saleen S5S Raptor, Cadillac Cien, Cadillac Sixteen, Zenvo ST1, BMW M1 Homage, Maserati Birdcage 75th - and many many others. :P

I think the best picks of yours are:

BMW M1 Homage and Lamborghini Miura Concept, Zenvo ST1, 907 RC (vs Panamera vs Rapide vs RS7 vs Estoque vs CL65 vs 612) and the Birdcage.

I'd add the new Peugeot concepts as a competition to the non-existent normal SL's (where's the goddamn SL63 and SL65, let alone SL500 and 600, and 350, show me MOAR).

About the game itself, the new gameplays look very disappointing. Worse than Undercover collision system (MW-style untouchable opponents) and NFS:NITRO-style drifting are on the cards.

kex2010
09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
To be honest, out of all the Supercars, the Saleen S7 or the TT version has never been in any NFS games. But since the orignal Hot Pursuit and High Stakes we haven't seen the concept/made up cars, like the El Nino/La Nina. I know that the Carbon Motors E7 will be in this years NFS. At least thats what you get when you call up the URL

CVPI19
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Yo I have DodgeBoy to thank for finding this picture and posting it at NFS Police HQ and so its confirmed that the Ford Crown Victoria will be in Hot Pursuit.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs329.ash2/60980_10150274634295298_212717370297_15157343_3657 091_n.jpg

Japanfanatic
09-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Since when are chicks impressed by a guy playing a computer-game? Or what am I doing wrong? :D

CVPI19
09-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Guess what 2 more cars are officially confirmed to be in the game based on this video found this week. The 2 new cars reviled in the video are the Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR, and the Porsche Carerra GT.

9ENKJL8Hi2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENKJL8Hi2c

maggit
09-17-2010, 03:02 AM
This doesn't come as a big surprise since the official list has been leaked because of EA's sloppiness. :D

HSVrules
09-17-2010, 03:32 AM

I applaud you for mentioning Efijy. *Applauds* Efijy would be fun, and curious to see how well it'd go in a police chase.

Sir Tristan
09-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Guess what 2 more cars are officially confirmed to be in the game based on this video found this week. The 2 new cars reviled in the video are the Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR, and the Porsche Carerra GT.

9ENKJL8Hi2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENKJL8Hi2c

I take back all my dissing. WANT.

But what wildly disappoints me is the Mercedes line-up. There's so much room for a SL500, 600 63 and 65... and they never used that :(

Allure
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
There's so much room for a SL500, 600 63 and 65... and they never used that :(

...and an Estoque, M5 (E39/E60), CLS 63 AMG, and the cars I mentioned above (by the way, thanks HSVrules), and a Ferrari lineup... God!

JasonDaPsycho
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Mazada RX8, Ford Taurus SHO, Nissan 370Z and Subaru WRX in police livery. Watch the video (scroll down).
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/needforspeedhotpursuit/news.html?sid=6279218&om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;6&mode=previews

Nokian
09-25-2010, 07:51 PM
i dont want corvette cops...i hate them

Sonic ZR1
09-26-2010, 05:44 AM
i dont want corvette cops...i hate them

Then you can hate me - I love them! :P
BTW what police Corvette will be here? Grand Sport? Z06? ZR1?

Sir Tristan
09-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Then you can hate me - I love them! :P
BTW what police Corvette will be here? Grand Sport? Z06? ZR1?

I damn sure hope for a C6 chasing Camaros and ZR-1 chasing Z06.

CVPI19
09-26-2010, 11:33 AM
We also got a new car confirmed the McLaren F1 its official its back check it out.

bRPadmupYWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRPadmupYWU

Sinister
09-26-2010, 12:13 PM
That was confirmed for quite awhile CVPI.

AJ_Lethal
09-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Tach back, **** yeah
can't plunge through roadblocks mw-style, **** no (?)

F.R.
09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Tach back, **** yeah

Like what? Watching your Bugatti Veyron smash through those Porsche Cayenne? Dayummm...best pursuit evar! :D

AJ_Lethal
09-26-2010, 01:58 PM
^exactly

Sir Tristan
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Tach back, **** yeah

YES! Finally roadblocks are being serious.'

Any word on the Cayennes ever leaving their roadblock positions and chasing after you with psychotically aggressive 500bhp and 2500kg? Cos it's pretty stupid to pick a Cayenne Turbo if it's just standing there to be smashed. In fact, stupid to get a Porsche at all. Crown Vics would do, no?

EDIT: I kinda see now. Their standard-issue cars for pulling over silly women in their A4s and Cayenne S is a Turbo. And for lack of cheaper cars, they put that on roadblocks. Seacrest is a unreally COOL place, ya see.

AJ_Lethal
09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
A rampage power up would be awesome

D00mBringer
09-26-2010, 04:31 PM
a new car confirmed the McLaren F1
+Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

Mazada RX8, Ford Taurus SHO, Nissan 370Z and Subaru WRX in police livery.
+charger and 370z roadster

traffic cars from IGN & gamespot videos:
Infiniti G35, Dodge Caliber, Cobalt SS, Dodge ram(?)

CVPI19
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
That was confirmed for quite awhile CVPI.

I know but I wanted to share it with those who didn't know it was.

ricersHA
09-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I wonder why the revention only has the cop car version not racer?The car list is amazing but if the spyders were made a option for those cars maybe then they could throw in the diablo,countach and clk-GTR in there as well.

Sonic ZR1
09-26-2010, 11:42 PM
I damn sure hope for a C6 chasing Camaros and ZR-1 chasing Z06.

C6 and ZR-1 will not return in this game. :(
There is only GS, Z06 and ZR1.

2RicersHA: This game for latest and greatest, NOT for oldest and slowest.
BTW Diablo, Countach and CLK-GTR are great, but their time is over.

Schaefft
09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
+Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

+charger and 370z roadster

traffic cars from IGN & gamespot videos:
Infiniti G35, Dodge Caliber, Cobalt SS, Dodge ram(?)

Yeah, the current gen Ram and even Grand Caravans and CTS`, A4s and Nissan Versas:D Id love to drive them, its cool to have licensed traffic cars as well.

http://igcd.net/movie.php?id=100000221&width=1280

Sir Tristan
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
I wonder why the revention only has the cop car version not racer?The car list is amazing but if the spyders were made a option for those cars maybe then they could throw in the diablo,countach and clk-GTR in there as well.

Reventón Roadster would fit racers better.

Zpectre
09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Reventón Roadster would fit racers better.

Any serious racer would rather race with a coupé than a convertible. Lighter, more aerodynamic, better structural rigidity...

maggit
09-28-2010, 03:48 AM
Well, we kinda can't complain now, we sort of wanted convertibles back. I know I did complain about the lack of convertibles but I didn't know it would be at the cost of OTHER cars.

Sir Tristan
09-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Any serious racer would rather race with a coupé than a convertible. Lighter, more aerodynamic, better structural rigidity...

For me it's common sense - a cop needs a more serious Coupé to enforce the law. A racer can get a fun, wind-in-hair roadster because racing is his leisure time, only spoilt by cops.

You seriously have this MW-induced battlefield image of NFS.

on a side note, Who cares about structural rigidity WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING A ****ING GAME WITH 200MPH SLIDES?

AJ_Lethal
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
For me it's common sense - a cop needs a more serious Coupé to enforce the law. A racer can get a fun, wind-in-hair roadster because racing is his leisure time, only spoilt by cops.

on a side note, Who cares about structural rigidity WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING A ****ING GAME WITH 200MPH SLIDES?

Drifting in a drop-top at 200 mph is not as cool as in a coupe.

BTW, your Zpectre reversal is made of pure fail.

Sir Tristan
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Drifting in a drop-top at 200 mph is not as cool as in a coupe.

BTW, your Zpectre reversal is made of pure fail.

I've waited 8 years for proper drop tops, and I'm not going to let a couple of asshats spoil that.

BTW, so's your life. See? Bullshit opinion, like yours.

POMELO
09-28-2010, 01:53 PM

I love this game.

----------------

Who cares the structure? Are you serious man? Try to drift whit a bad structure and count how many pieces get out of your car.

AJ_Lethal
09-28-2010, 01:58 PM
I've waited 8 years for proper drop tops, and I'm not going to let a couple of asshats spoil that.

BTW, so's your life. See? Bullshit opinion, like yours.

Meh.

10char

DaRk5hOot3r
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
@AJ_lethal
Dont listen to him: http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/He_Mad.jpg

CVPI19
09-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Everyone here is a picture of the Taurus SHO hybrid as a cop car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/blue9889/taurussho.png

And its official the Ford Police Interceptor Concept is also officially confirmed to be in the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/blue9889/interceptorconcept.png

Original Source

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/2242358.page

There is also the Subaru WRX STI in there as well and the RX8 is also officially confirmed too

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/RedLifeguardRanger/SubaruWRXSTIinNeedforSpeedHotPursuit.png

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/RedLifeguardRanger/?action=view&current=SubaruWRXSTIinNeedforSpeedHotPursuit.png

http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6276523/?hd=1

The Dodger Charger SRT-8 the 2006-2010 model and the Madza RX8 as both a car for the cops and racers are also confirmed too.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/RedLifeguardRanger/2006-2010DodgeChargerSRT-8inNeedforSpeedHotPursuit.jpg

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/RedLifeguardRanger/?action=view&current=2006-2010DodgeChargerSRT-8inNeedforSpeedHotPursuit.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/RedLifeguardRanger/MadzaRX8inNeedforSpeedHotPursuit.png

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/RedLifeguardRanger/?action=view&current=MadzaRX8inNeedforSpeedHotPursuit.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-need-for/705005

TruePro
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
^Hell Yeah!!!! That is what's up! Is this gonna be a great game or what 8)

Japanfanatic
09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
^Hell Yeah!!!! That is what's up! Is this gonna be a great game or what 8)

I must admit the last time I was so impatiently waiting for a new NFS-Game was in 2001 when HP2 was launched8) I just can't stop watching all those great new videos!

The car lineup is great. The environment is gorgeous. The pursuits seem very thrilling!

TruePro
09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
^Yeah this NFS seems pretty exciting. BTW those beach tracks remind me of that track in Need for speed II SE :o

Japanfanatic
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
^Yeah this NFS seems pretty exciting. BTW those beach tracks remind me of that track in Need for speed II SE :o

Last Resort!:)

TruePro
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Last Resort!:)

You got it. And does anyone know if there is gonna be a camera control feature like in nfs shift?

CVPI19
09-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I also forgot to say that the BMW Z4 is also officially confirmed to be in the game as seen in one of the video links I posted.

09Challenger
09-29-2010, 06:32 PM
The game would be perfect if it would to have a dash view, but too bad it doesn't :( Anyways, I love it... and... the SHO police!!! That is splendid!!!

junior6at
09-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I read that we'll be getting voice-over narration during car selection, kinda like in HP2 I'm guessing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/sep/24/need-for-speed-hands-on
So in the game, when you scroll through your available vehicles, a sultry female voice describes each model in purring tones reminiscent of those M&S food adverts ("This isn't just an engine, it's a Porsche Boxster Spyder engine with 3436cc direct fuel injection and 320bhp…").

Personally I was hoping for the return of full car showcases, but I guess this will have to do.

nfslover101
09-29-2010, 09:02 PM
^ That was exactly like Hot Pursuit 2, except some middle-aged man.

AJ_Lethal
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
@AJ_lethal
Dont listen to him: http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/He_Mad.jpg
Like if a Kanye West meme would crack me up.

BTW, Hooray, STi!

Sir Tristan
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Convertibles, Cabriolets, Roadsters, Spyders, in I jump through the folded or non-existent roof!

AJ_Lethal
10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Convertibles, Cabriolets, Roadsters, Spyders, in I jump through the folded or non-existent roof!
I would laugh if you try on a metal or glass roof :D

Sir Tristan
10-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I would laugh if you try on a metal or glass roof :D

Hehe :)

CVPI19
10-02-2010, 12:32 AM
So I was wrong the Pontiac GTO and the M3 E46 GTR aren't in the game but to make up for it the 911 turbo s carioblet is confirmed as seen in this video.

M_NNfmt46xM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NNfmt46xM

CVPI19
10-02-2010, 03:38 PM
More cars are officially confirmed Corvettes, and more Lamborghinis including the murcielago lp 640. BTW the Reventon is also now available to the racers, the Z06 and ZR1 will be for both the cops and racers while the Grand Sport/GS is in convertable form and only for the racers.

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/chevrolet-corvette-grand-sport
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/chevrolet-corvette-z06
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/chevrolet-corvette-zr1
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/lamborghini-gallardo-lp-550-2-valentino-balboni
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/lamborghini-gallardo-lp-560-4
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/node/342

CVPI19
10-03-2010, 08:09 PM
More cars are confirmed like the Aston Martin DB9 Volante, Aston Martin One-77 and there is video of the Nissan GT-R V-Spec cop car in action along with one of the Lamborghini Gallardo cop cars and a Gallardo convertible too.

J1t9ycgwM7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1t9ycgwM7M

yesman
10-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm looking forward for the SHO..he he..:P Its good to see that the CV isn't the only low level car..whew..

I'm driving that and the police corvette..:D

Tanner
10-05-2010, 11:37 PM
I realize that the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Mustang GT500 are Special Edition exclusive cars. But does anyone know if they will/would eventually be available down the road to those who end up buying the regular edition of the game? Or if you don't get the S.E., does that mean you'll never get to drive these cars, ever?

Adams007
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I am very disappointed because they not did inside camera in the car(weel steering), and that there not the cars mustang gt 2005, mitsubishi evo 8 or 9.............. sorry for my bad english

AJ_Lethal
10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
I am very disappointed because they not did inside camera in the car(weel steering), and that there not the cars mustang gt 2005, mitsubishi evo 8 or 9.............. sorry for my bad english
Criterion stated they will put only the latest and hottest cars on HP2K10, so don't expect those ones.

Dang, I want mah R34 on HP2K10. That RB26 sound is just unique.

3ni_2nr
10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
J1t9ycgwM7M

[url]

Honestly, im high and I see Burnout gameplay mixed with TDU environment

maggit
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Honestly, im high and I see Burnout gameplay mixed with TDU environment

LOL, I know what you mean and even know the part of Oahu which resembles this section.

CVPI19
10-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Here is the Ford Crown Victoria chasing a Charger SRT-8, Lancer, and other cars.

o1piX23qF7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1piX23qF7k&feature=player_embedded

Sir Tristan
10-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Stupid to include a Charger racer version. It's a cop car. Why aren't Quattroporte and Panamera available as racers? huh?

Why isn't Cayenne driveable?

But it would all be alright if the Charger was cop-only.

I LIKE the fact there's some Japan's finest in here.

CVPI19
10-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Stupid to include a Charger racer version. It's a cop car. Why aren't Quattroporte and Panamera available as racers? huh?

Why isn't Cayenne driveable?

But it would all be alright if the Charger was cop-only.

I LIKE the fact there's some Japan's finest in here.

The Cayenne is also available to the racers, and the Charger has the right to be both for the Cops and Racers.

Sir Tristan
10-09-2010, 03:36 PM
The Cayenne is also available to the racers, and the Charger has the right to be both for the Cops and Racers.

Man, if that's the case, I want a racer Panamera and 4porte.

Because effectively what they are saying is, 'Charger is more of a sports car than both the German and Italian 4door coupés'.

AJ_Lethal
10-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Because effectively what they are saying is, 'Charger is more of a sports car than both the German and Italian 4door coupés'.
I think it's because the Charger looks more intimidating than those german/italian saloons

Sir Tristan
10-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I think it's because the Charger looks more intimidating than those german/italian saloons

That's why it's a badass cop car.

But an overweight, unfitting ride for a Racer guy. IMO the Challenger racer chased by a Challenger and a Charger is a really nice thing.

Allure
10-09-2010, 04:13 PM
But an overweight, unfitting ride for a Racer guy.

The Quattroporte's curb weight is almost 2 tons and Panamera's circa 1900 kilos. The Charger weighs around 1700.

Sir Tristan
10-09-2010, 04:56 PM
The Quattroporte's curb weight is almost 2 tons and Panamera's circa 1900 kilos. The Charger weighs around 1700.

Wow. That totally changed my mind.

Alright, I meant the atmosphere. The thing is, treating Quattroporte and Panamera as police cruisers (which they're most certainly not) and a Charger as a versatile vehicle superior to both (more applications)?

It's just not fair. Charger is a badass car, perfect for a cop and maybe racer, if you're racing other US V8s. But no inclusion of hot Euro 4doors as racers is hardly a good thing.

BTW - cop liveries differ. I like that so much. Panamera has a bit of a Euro thing going on, eh?

Allure
10-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow. That totally changed my mind.

Alright, I meant the atmosphere. The thing is, treating Quattroporte and Panamera as police cruisers (which they're most certainly not) and a Charger as a versatile vehicle superior to both (more applications)?

It's just not fair. Charger is a badass car, perfect for a cop and maybe racer, if you're racing other US V8s. But no inclusion of hot Euro 4doors as racers is hardly a good thing.

There could be other 4-doors on racers hands such as the Audi B7 RS4 saloon which weighs around 1650 kg, the Aston Martin Rapide, Lamborghini Estoque, Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG and BMW E39/E60 M5.

To be honest, the heavy weight of the Quattroporte and Panamera make them excellent cop cars.

BTW - cop liveries differ. I like that so much. Panamera has a bit of a Euro thing going on, eh?

Yeah, noticed that too.

Dark1
10-09-2010, 05:57 PM
You can pretty much say that Lancer and Impreza are there only so you have something to chase with Charger and you can turn this triangle around all you want, as all of these cars are in real life used both by police and racers. Absence of any other 4door cars is unfortunate, but we can be happy that we got anything at all.

Quattroporte wasn't so far confirmed as police only, but this is not Test Drive, so you don't need this car to look cool while driving it around, but to stop suspect with something that can as well (under ideal circumstances) transport him to the jail.

It's also apparent that Highway Patrol prefer european cars (Panamera, GranTurismo, XKR...) so Chevy based "europol" livery was just cherry on the cake.

GTA_Converter
10-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah... too much...

Official car list: http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars

2. Aston Martin DBS
3. Aston Martin One-77
4. Aston Martin V12 Vantage
5. Audi R8 GT
6. Audi R8 V10
7. Audi RS4
8. Audi RS5
9. Audi TT RS Coupé
10. BMW M3 E46
11. BMW M3 E92
12. BMW M6
13. BMW Z4 M
14. Bugatti Veyron 16.4
16. Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
17. Chevrolet Camaro SS
18. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
20. Chrysler 300C SRT8
22. Dodge Charger SRT8
23. Dodge Viper SRT10
25. Ford Focus RS
26. Ford Mustang GT
27. Ford GT
28. Ford Shelby GT500
29. Gumpert Apollo S
30. Jaguar XKR
31. Koenigsegg Agera
32. Koenigsegg CCX
33. Lamborghini Diablo GT
34. Lamborghini Diablo SV
38. Lamborghini Murcielago LP650-4 Roadster
40. Lamborghini Reventón
41. Lexus IS-F
42. Lexus LFA
43. Lotus Exige S
44. Maserati GranTurismo S
45. Maserati MC12
46. McLaren F1
47. McLaren MP4-12C
48. Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Super Sport
49. Mercedes-Benz SL 65 Black Series
50. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
52. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
53. Nissan 370Z
54. Nissan GT-R
56. Pagani Zonda Cinque
57. Pagani Zonda R
58. Porsche 911 GT2 RS
59. Porsche 911 GT3 RS
60. Porsche 911 Turbo S
61. Porsche 918 Spyder
62. Porsche Carrera GT
63. Porscge Cayenne Turbo
64. Porsche Cayman S

Also, somebody(NOT ME!!!) makes rough list of cars in this game:

Is that car Lamborghini Murcielago LP650-4 Roadster really in the game?

Sir Tristan
10-15-2010, 12:52 PM
There could be other 4-doors on racers hands such as the Audi B7 RS4 saloon which weighs around 1650 kg, the Aston Martin Rapide, Lamborghini Estoque, Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG and BMW E39/E60 M5.

To be honest, the heavy weight of the Quattroporte and Panamera make them excellent cop cars.

Seconded for both arguments. But availability as racers would be nice. Benefits for negotiating LONG distances in short spaces of time should be biased towards heavier cars somehow - to illustrate more a more comfortable ride in this Burnout perception, there should be lesser speed penalties for hitting walls in those big GTs.

Yeah, noticed that too.

And all Euro GTs have a Euro thing going on too? GranTurismo, DBS and XKR all have a white-blue thing.

CVPI19
10-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Everyone guess what its now official the Carbon Motors E7 is confirmed to be in the game. Even though the Crown Victoria was confirmed already its page and official picture are up as well.

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/sites/hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/files/CarbonMotorsE7_924x519.jpg

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/carbon-motors-e7

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/sites/hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/files/Cop_Ford_Crown_Vic3_CARPAGE.jpg

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars/ford-crown-victoria-police-interceptor

Everyone it turns out that the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera will be available to both sides of the law while the Reventron will be available to the racers as the Roadster.

Sir Tristan
10-21-2010, 10:40 AM
^YEEEEAAAAHH

The Crown Vic looks so cheap in comparison to other SCPD cars. But good to have it there.

About Cop Coupe/Racer Cabrio thing... on Reventon and Veyron that's all well IMO, but the DBS is out of line. We should have both DBSs. Reventon and Veyron I agree with, because Veyron is actually stronger in convertible and is 'cooler'. Same for Reventón. The cop is the badass here.

TruePro
10-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Hell yeah! I have to admit, the car list is decent.

AJ_Lethal
10-21-2010, 12:47 PM
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/sites/hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/files/Cop_Ford_Crown_Vic3_CARPAGE.jpg

Put a 5.0 Coyote in it!

Zpectre
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I hope someone makes a mod to drive coupés as racers, because I find it dreadful to race with convertibles only.

Sir Tristan
10-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I hope someone makes a mod to drive coupés as racers, because I find it dreadful to race with convertibles only.

The SLR and DBS should be available as racers. Since a ****ING charger is! So should be Viper SRT10 not ACR and Z06.

But Veyron and Reventón, I'm fine with only Roadsters available.

Allure
10-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Personally, It seems ****ed up that each car has its police counterpart. They should've limited them to a handful of "elite cop cars".

Also the idea of racing with just roadster versions in some cars is ridiculous. It's an optional choice - some like to drive with their wind blowing their hair and some on badass coupes.

Zpectre
10-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Personally, It seems ****ed up that each car has its police counterpart. They should've limited them to a handful of "elite cop cars".

In HS only a few cars were available as cops in each class and people were fine with that, since those cars were good, except for the M5 which was slowest in its class.

Cops should have only a few cars available to them, since IRL not many cars can be converted for cop duty. But Criterion, much like Black Box before them, think they know better.

Sir Tristan
10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
In HS only a few cars were available as cops in each class and people were fine with that, since those cars were good, except for the M5 which was slowest in its class.

Cops should have only a few cars available to them, since IRL not many cars can be converted for cop duty. But Criterion, much like Black Box before them, think they know better.

Oh, and what is actually bad about putting in a LOT of cop cars?

There's only one super-cop per race, you know. And it creates this amazing society of Seacrest's finest. They're amazing.

I'm getting tired of moaners who want everything 'as it was'.

Allure
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh, and what is actually bad about putting in a LOT of cop cars?

There's only one super-cop per race, you know. And it creates this amazing society of Seacrest's finest. They're amazing.

I'm getting tired of moaners who want everything 'as it was'.

Alright, Tristan, you'll get your pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top-badass-super-cop-per-race-fun in less than a month and so shall the others so I can finally see what the game offers. I'm not judging the game superficially by just merely observing the cover, but from what Criterion & EA have shown so far.

I will still play the game so I can give a fair final opinion on It.

AJ_Lethal
10-23-2010, 04:45 PM
The whole car list in pics
http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/content.php?179-Entire-NFS-Hot-Pursuit-Car-List-In-Pictures

Awesome, but...
WHERE'S MAH R34? WHERE? :(

KrazyBoy
10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Is this the game that has most cops of all games? And lest old muscles of all games? And have all the fastest cars of all games?

@Forza Motorsport 3 lovers
I think the racer cars number won't be much as FM3, but if racers + cops, can it be as much as FM3??? :/

Flashk
10-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Well... in my opinion, i really dislike some of the cars included in the list... well... like some of us wanted that the game returns to it's roots like the old NFS3: Hot Pursuit Exotic cars, beautiful tracks to race, cool gameplay, etc ,etc. but now that i see the car list, i never knew that Lancer EVOLUTION X, Mazda RX-8 and Impreza WRX STi are exotic? I mean, i've seen some of them in the street, that means they are not exotic anymore, if they were going to include those then why the Mustang GT is not included? I don't hate those cars.. all i want to say is that they are not exotic.

maggit
10-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Probably because Japanese cars got a lot of flack from NFS fans because of the Underground series. But that's just a wild guess.

F.R.
10-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I think the list should be balanced out. It would be boring for some not to have tuner and muscle cars even though it was said that they would return the roots of the game. Perhaps they might be only pertaining to the likes of the tracks and modes, but not the cars.

Sir Tristan
10-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Well... in my opinion, i really dislike some of the cars included in the list... well... like some of us wanted that the game returns to it's roots like the old NFS3: Hot Pursuit Exotic cars, beautiful tracks to race, cool gameplay, etc ,etc. but now that i see the car list, i never knew that Lancer EVOLUTION X, Mazda RX-8 and Impreza WRX STi are exotic? I mean, i've seen some of them in the street, that means they are not exotic anymore, if they were going to include those then why the Mustang GT is not included? I don't hate those cars.. all i want to say is that they are not exotic.

Dude, a Porsche Cayman or Audi TT are not exotic. They're just European sports cars of the small roadster/coupé class. Jaguar XKR is not exotic. I seen it many times.

In TNFS, they gave us RX-7, Supra and NSX. This shows they were worth putting next to the likes of 911 Carrera and Testarossa (albeit in a different class). In this one, I'm glad to get all the muscles and Japanese sports cars. They're a different way of being fast to a Mustang or a Cayman.

KrazyBoy
10-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Dude, a Porsche Cayman or Audi TT are not exotic. They're just European sports cars of the small roadster/coupé class. Jaguar XKR is not exotic. I seen it many times.

In TNFS, they gave us RX-7, Supra and NSX. This shows they were worth putting next to the likes of 911 Carrera and Testarossa (albeit in a different class). In this one, I'm glad to get all the muscles and Japanese sports cars. They're a different way of being fast to a Mustang or a Cayman.
Agree.

Looks like Ferrari won't exist or will exist by DLC. -_-

Allure
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I doubt licenses will retain exclusivity. The more companies utilize them, the more money the marques who distribute them get - simple as that. Ferrari will unlock its exclusive status soon enough, they need to squeeze more cash after all.