View Full Version : In my opinion, This is not HP3

U.2.K.
07-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Its a online game, and its nothing like the past versions. Yea it may look like it, with updated visuals, but its a online battle game, nothing more. EA really needs to stop with all these bs nfs games and get back to its roots. :evil:

T0MMY
07-03-2010, 01:04 PM
thats not the main problem, the worst thing i think is because it has power ups for the racer side and a pointless banging each others cars

Sir Tristan
07-03-2010, 01:16 PM
You could have said this stupid post on the official topic.

Now listen to me carefully. What you seen isn't the ****ing game but one of its modes, one of its ONLINE modes.

How can you fail to understand there's a whole lot more to come and that was just a teaser?

MonsterMachina
07-03-2010, 01:24 PM
You could have said this stupid post on the official topic.

Now listen to me carefully. What you seen isn't the ****ing game but one of its modes, one of its ONLINE modes.

How can you fail to understand there's a whole lot more to come and that was just a teaser?
+1
My thoughts exactly.

Sinister
07-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Hot Pursuit has an offline Career for both sides of the Law, online games which will most likely have CvR, Single Race, and Sprints, as well as most likely some other racing modes not yet mentioned. Just because you feel this game isn't HP3, which it isn't (by title) anyways, doesn't mean it does not have some of the root aspects of the game.

The 2010 version has quite a bit of roots embedded deeply into the game compared to what you've seen visually from the gameplay and e3 videos.

phosphorus
07-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I agree, it's not "Hot Pursuit", it should be called "Exotic Battle".

Sir Tristan
07-04-2010, 08:35 AM

Yeah, because we need slow, clumsy fat-*** old, dated shitbox cruisers like Caprice and Crown Vic.

Audi TT and Cayman S aren't what you'd call 'supercars', they're entry level sports cars so shut up. Judging a game by a trailer.

Mustang GT and Camaro are NOT exotics, definitely.

DaRk5hOot3r
07-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Its a online game, and its nothing like the past versions. Yea it may look like it, with updated visuals, but its a online battle game, nothing more. EA really needs to stop with all these bs nfs games and get back to its roots. :evil:

http://arch.har-ikkje.net/gfx/trollin.jpg

mecha
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Yeah, because we need slow, clumsy fat-*** old, dated shitbox cruisers like Caprice and Crown Vic.

Audi TT and Cayman S aren't what you'd call 'supercars', they're entry level sports cars so shut up. Judging a game by a trailer.

Mustang GT and Camaro are NOT exotics, definitely.

it's called a generalization, clownass. based on the trailer, there were a lot of exotics present, hence the ****ing joke.

I was just thinking about the pointless nature of the other thread where the OP is crying that there's no Crown Vic in the new game, and then I see your comment. nobody cares about your little shitbox euro toaster cars enough to even inquire about their absence. coincidence?

jagoff.

DJMantis
07-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Why is anyone bothering with any of this shit before the game is even out yet?

Wait your asses up, then have your pathetic arguments once everyone has played the game.

mecha
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
didn't EA unveil like a car a day with NFS6? everyone wants shit now.

and my bad, I found the OP whining about the lack of American-made boat cars.

Sir Tristan
07-06-2010, 02:31 AM
it's called a generalization, clownass. based on the trailer, there were a lot of exotics present, hence the ****ing joke

Didn't quite catch that mate. Neither did I ask you what generalization meant or brought it up. I assume you know, being such a clever guy, that generalization brings about a lot of false judgement, right?

Oh and the joke... See what he did there, wow. It's about as funny as crossing the Mojave desert on a lawnmower.

I was just thinking about the pointless nature of the other thread where the OP is crying that there's no Crown Vic in the new game, and then I see your comment. nobody cares about your little shitbox euro toaster cars enough to even inquire about their absence. coincidence?

No. The game is set in a fictional north Californian environment. Therefore some people want (Europeans who never seen a Crown Vic in their life, usually, mind you) recognized American police cars in it.

I think there's more than enough Euro cop cars in the game for me. Including the Veyron and Reventón, the Cayman and Cayenne. I think THAT's the reason nobody inquires about their alleged absence, not your flawed reasoning.

I'm glad the Mustang is the lowest tier car because it nearly fits with a cruiser kind of cop but is also a legendary sports car. No need for stupid crown vics.

BTW it's my 1,111th post funny figure:)

Bajan Shifter
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Funny how the game isn't out yet and he's being prejudice. Haven't you heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover?"

Schaefft
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey, no hating for the Caprice pls :P

Bajan Shifter
07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I have to ask though, did the past Hot Pursuits have storylines?

Sinister
07-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Back in the day, storylines were created by the imagination of the gamer. Today, you're lucky if any gamer has imagination.

doc767
07-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Why you guys keep complaining about the game, which haven't came out yet? You wanted a NFS which goes back to the roots, here is it. I'm not defending EA or something it's just you have to appreciate what you can get at least.

Sir Tristan
07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Back in the day, storylines were created by the imagination of the gamer. Today, you're lucky if any gamer has imagination.

You my friend are absolutely right.

Every race, when I was little, in NFS3 was a battle. I recognized names of drivers and their car colours (always had the same colours, different cars but colors didn't change)...

NFS4 had the Career mode and the driver's names weren't as good IMO. Meh. NFS3 was adrenaline-packed without the need of knowing what happens after the race. It's what is IN it.

GreedyTurbo529
07-13-2010, 07:33 PM

+1 Thats a sig worthy post. Not going in mine though.

But you are very right.

'tallica
07-27-2010, 08:17 AM
The game looks pretty good. Wouldn't spend too much time hating on it right now, considering we haven't seen EVERYTHING yet, only the online mode.

I would've loved to see the Crown Vic though :P

Sonic ZR1
07-27-2010, 10:21 AM
I would've loved to see the Crown Vic though :P

I would've loved to see the 2011 Caprice though :P

MonsterMachina
08-03-2010, 02:27 AM

You're absolutely right. I can't find a gamer with imagination nowadays.

Gone into my sig btw.

KF72
08-03-2010, 05:51 PM

The only recent game that has a storyline left to make (that I can think of) is Super Stardust HD.

This IS HP3 in my opinion. Fast cars, fast cops, and the ramming technique use in HP2. And no fart-can Civics.

Sir Tristan
08-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Sinister, I think NFS:Undercover is a game that leaves you to your imagination.

If you ignore the 'storyline', it can be pretty good, seeing as opponents are hand-tuned and you can see them on 1v1 races as well as full grid ones.

Him Himself
08-11-2010, 12:04 AM
BTW it's my 1,111th post funny figure:)

You had some good points, but I couldn't take it seriously after that comment.

MDH
08-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling this is Burnout 3 with licensed cops and cars? A northern California environment?

If Criterion would go back and play NFS 2, 3 and 4 again, they'd discover the entire purpose of NFS was pseudo-realistic but mostly arcade style, often split screen cop chases (Even on PC, yes) through a variety of locations, including Poland, Germany, Russia, U.S., English countryside, etc, and that taking out a target is more of an art form than simply bashing the other racer to death.

Really this style of game play is not up my alley. If it's the game play that they're showing at E3, there's a very good chance it'll be the central game play in the entire title.

If this fails, I'm going back to NFS:MW and NFS:HS, the two games in the series that "Really got it".

Sir Tristan
08-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I do hate the need to smash through the other car and make it roll the same regardless of speed and other factors to bust someone.

But if there will be 8-car races through THOSE roads... yes please.

But then, I thoroughly enjoyed Undercover and that scenery was nice, there were 8 cars which were reasonably tuned, so that was already kind of a taster.

I hope the police modes include more than 1 cop vs 1 'racer' who doesnt race anyone. Silly.

Sinister
08-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I hope the police modes include more than 1 cop vs 1 'racer' who doesnt race anyone. Silly.
This comment can now be known as null. After tomorrow I'll know what we can and cannot share, so then I'll give more details on what I've learnt.