View Full Version : Car Damage

Da Spaz Man
07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
as u may know, criterion made burnout. the damage in burnout is more realistic that most NFS games. just wondering, will the car damage just be cracked windows and scratches? or like, realistic damage?

Sinister
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Likely only cracks and scrapes, it is too early to tell. We do not have enough information about the game yet. The e3 trailers and demos do not show enough yet to develop a proper answer.

KF72
07-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I think the press conference demo shows Shift style damage because at 2:10 on IGN, you can see the bumper of the Murcielago falling off and the wing being bent and when the Murcielago rolls over, the hood flies open.

Da Spaz Man
07-19-2010, 12:54 AM
ok, more like pro street or shift? so far i am impressed. just hoping i dont need a monster computer to run it lol. also hoping for a IN CAR view, like in the old days

vivalaflam
07-19-2010, 06:09 AM
I wish the damage wud be more like a mix of the damage of burnout the ultimate box and flatout.... Bout the camera in the car.... It wud be great for the camera to be like teat drive unlimited...i mean the ability to look around....

Sinister
07-19-2010, 07:14 AM
In-car view won't be happening.

The car rolling over is part of a cut scene.

TruePro
07-19-2010, 08:57 AM
No dash view... sigh. It really isn't difficult to make a different driving view.
At least there is damage, for the cops too. And according to what I am seeing, it's gonna need the same computer nfs shift needs.

MR.JS
07-29-2010, 09:52 AM
if ferrari will be there i think scratches and other most wanted and carbon style damage
i wish only visual damage is there=like undercover
i dont know why ferrari thinks that its cars are more valuable than the happiness of damaging a ferrari by a gamer
lamborghini is better in looks and gaming flexibility(car damage ,car customisation)unlike ferrari

JasonDaPsycho
07-30-2010, 02:46 AM
They can't make ultra realistic damages you see in GTA IV because of restraints from the car manufaturers.