View Full Version : NFS World Starter Pack opinion

T0MMY
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
i think there is quite amount of you all have the starter pack, i just want to know is it worth buying it. I've completed the 1st 10 level, i think is pretty good so far, just want to know how is the further level feels.

any opinion guys?

Zpectre
08-09-2010, 01:39 AM
A big fat NO!

Hope it helps. :D

T0MMY
08-09-2010, 03:12 AM
why is it the further level and tiers cars sucks and lack of players? or you just dislike the game? I find it and quite addictive.

KF72
08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Above Lv. 20, the car selection is far too limited to justify $20. The cars are a lot of suck too.

Zpectre
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
why is it the further level and tiers cars sucks and lack of players? or you just dislike the game? I find it and quite addictive.

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=537346&postcount=10

Sinister
08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
There are many different opinions on the game. I don't see how the graphics are worse than MW when they ARE MW graphics. Runs on my laptop, so I'm not complaining, if I need to pass some time when I'm out of town, I can play this online, better than watching local tv.

_BLAHHEAD_
08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
If all your friends have a starter pack and you don't, you'll feel like a loner at level 10. If all your friends don't have a starter pack and you do, you'll feel like a loner a level 30. It all depends on you, if you want to spend the money, I won't try to stop you.

T0MMY
08-10-2010, 01:11 AM
what about the numbers of players at the late tiers? dont really want it to end up like Trackmania Nation Forever(free) to Trackmania United Forever, there is a big difference between both game numbers of players such as Trackmania Nation Forever during peak hour a server may be reaching around 150 players while Trackmania United Forever only having around 30 player max per server. I'm just wanted to know about the numbers of players if it is too little players i dont think there is much point buying the pack

BLAHHEAD i am the only person playing the game, racing games is not very popular in my country but it should be ok for me all i need is new challenge.

rcgldr
08-10-2010, 03:21 AM
You can buy a starter pack, and create a second free to play account which is what I did. I think of NFS World as a $20 budget racing game. I don't like the idea of poweups and traffic in multi-player races, so now that I've leveled up and bought the cars I want (only 5 slots for cars and thats after using speed boost to unlock 2), I ran quite a few single player races, and made 3 videos. For multi-player races I've gone back to NFS Shift since it's a better racing game.

Although budget racing games haven't been made in a while I have a few: Corvette Racing, Ford Racing Series (2, 3, and street racing), World Racing 1 and 2. World racing series had an online mode, but Corvette and Ford Racing were offline only. Still these were $20 games, so I wasn't expecting much, but I still enjoyed them. NFS World is turning out to be similar for me.

RuubW
08-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Totally not worth it. If I could get a refund for my SP I'd consider it.

T0MMY
08-10-2010, 08:14 AM
RuubW mind telling me why is it not worth it ? what are the problems? i'm seriously want more feedback on it before getting it.

RuubW
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
^ Okay, fair enough.
Well, first off there's not many race types and not many things to do. But you already know this.
After the second rep decrease (first one was the planned one after the head start) the grind is excruciating and simply not worth it. I haven't played in weeks. This is not because I can't take the grind (my old RuneScape account R Tha Dude should show you that), but because the rewards for it are simply not worth the trouble.
EA is promising new content. They have been for months, but it never gets any better. Where's our Porsche 959? More race types and events? We (beta testers) have been suggesting possible content for months, but the simple truth is that 99% of what we suggest is being ignored. EA and Black Box think they know best, and only do what they like. And thanks to that the official release is boring and full of problems, and is about 20% of what is potentially could have been.
Lastly, EA have been lying to us for months. They should've looked up the definition of "free to play" before promising things. This is a free DEMO, not a free game. We have been lied to.

These frustrations have not accumulated over the past few weeks. I have played the game since the very first beta, and I have seen it go from being a great promising game full of potential to it being a piece of crap. This game is a disgrace. Besides it not being worth your money, it's plain wrong to reward EA for this rubbish. Let them have what's coming to them: failure.
That's enough for ya? ;)

Sinister
08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
EA is promising new content. They have been for months, but it never gets any better. Where's our Porsche 959? More race types and events?

The game was only in final build release on JULY 27,2010, today is currently August 10, 2010. That's TWO WEEKS since the release of the game to the public, and YOU expect new content immediately after release?

RuubW
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
The game was only in final build release on JULY 27,2010, today is currently August 10, 2010. That's TWO WEEKS since the release of the game to the public, and YOU expect new content immediately after release?
Granted, but it would have been the smart thing to do. People have been craving for more throughout the beta process, and during the head start. The official release was the perfect time to add some more functionality. Now, they've lost quite a large number of players because of the crappy game quality. They don't have to put all of their eggs in one basket, but they should've given us something.

T0MMY
08-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I think the game just release not really long ago, i'll probably wait for the next update the game.
I also realize that EA is seriously wanted to fix all the bugs ASAP, i think that is the reason they are not releasing anything new yet. By now i think there is quite a number of patch already unlike the old EA Black Box, NFS Carbon is a buggy release and they didnt even fix the crash bug. For now it is still a beta, the only thing i'm still wondering is there anymore players playing it ? I dont want to find out after i buy the pack and realize that the paid users are all gone.

RuubW
08-11-2010, 04:21 AM
^ There aren't many players playing multiplayer races at higher level races, if that's what you mean. Like I said: the grind is excruciating, so not many people make it to higher levels. Plus, in general, paying players are leaving the game altogether (I think). I haven't played in weeks, and a lot of in-game friends of mine haven't leveled since the official release or just barely. The game is a disappointment especially to paying players: a lot of non-paying players don't care about the level cap and just continue to play the game without leveling. They just don't want to spend money on the game, and/or wait until new content is released. Others just quit after seeing this disgraceful game. On the other hand, people who did purchase a Starter Pack got screwed over because of the crappy game and some have had large amounts of problems with for example the payment or didn't receive their Starter Pack on time.

T0MMY
08-11-2010, 05:05 AM
so, it seems like not much people reach the top level and many quit the game. So the paid part of the game is dead and there the higher tiers race is normally empty even at the peak hours?

If so i'll better wait for the next big update for the game then

AJ_Lethal
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
This is a free DEMO, not a free game. We have been lied to.
Dude, for being a demo, it has plenity of stuff. IMO it's something like the Shareware version of Doom. And where EA said that the whole game was free? Show me the papers.

RuubW
08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Dude, for being a demo, it has plenity of stuff. IMO it's something like the Shareware version of Doom. And where EA said that the whole game was free? Show me the papers.
"Free to play" implies that there can be some content players need to pay for to unlock, and that content shouldn't give paying players a large advantage over non-paying players. This however is the exact opposite: there's a huge amount of content that needs to be purchased and all these levels, skills, cars and performance packages clearly give a huge advantage. No, this is not free to play like they promised. This is a free demo.

Sinister
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Whatever it is,":your opinion of it being a demo or the full version", no one is forcing you to play it. If you want to complain about it, simple uninstall it and go onto your next game.

T0MMY
08-12-2010, 01:48 AM
RuubW about the advantage and disadvantage part, i cant really agree with you. I think the game is balance for the paid and free players, it is not like paid user may race with free players using their lamborghini while the free players just using their weak T1 cars. T1 cars still with T1 cars and some stock T2 cars and the pro package for the T1 cars dont really made them imba, i'm still able to catch up to them and win them, this is the reason why i was thinking about the Starter Pack. I'm just worried that it will be hard to find a multiplayer match when i reach higher levels

Sinister how much you've played the game? mind telling what you think about it ?

AJ_Lethal
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
"Free to play" implies that there can be some content players need to pay for to unlock, and that content shouldn't give paying players a large advantage over non-paying players. This however is the exact opposite: there's a huge amount of content that needs to be purchased and all these levels, skills, cars and performance packages clearly give a huge advantage. No, this is not free to play like they promised. This is a free demo.
No, no, no. I dont see any jock with a Gallardo whipping S13's asses.

RuubW
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Two the two comments above: I can EASILY beat tier1 cars with my LP560 that has the performance package installed. Tier2 cars are a bit harder, but tier1 cars are flipping easy to beat.

AJ_Lethal
08-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Two the two comments above: I can EASILY beat tier1 cars with my LP560 that has the performance package installed. Tier2 cars are a bit harder, but tier1 cars are flipping easy to beat.
In what? Single or Multiplayer? If is the last one, it's like stealing their prize to the low guys.

RuubW
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
In what? Single or Multiplayer? If is the last one, it's like stealing their prize to the low guys.
Multiplayer. Yeah, I know but I just wanted to improve my track record for multiplayer races :P

T0MMY
08-13-2010, 02:29 AM
thats just plain cheating. but so far i've never encounter such stuff yet. I'll probably wait for the next major update for the game. People form the official NFS World forum manage to find out some in complete stuff in the game now, i'm just hoping they will complete it and add it in the game.

AJ_Lethal
08-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Multiplayer. Yeah, I know but I just wanted to improve my track record for multiplayer races :P
And you doesnt have the idea of having a t1 car, just to make stuff more interesting?

T0MMY
08-13-2010, 07:53 PM
some people prefer cheating by using a more power vehicle. I wouldn't do that if i'm you, lots of people show hates you

pro.game.hacker
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
For people that don't have starter pack the game sucks. The less they can do is try some hacks.
I saw a video about a save editor OVER HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Q3S9IAs_M)

RuubW
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I saw a video about a save editor OVER HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Q3S9IAs_M)
I can tell you right away that that's fake without even looking at it. Player data is stored on the server side of the application, so altering this data is impossible. If it weren't impossible, I bet EA could easily track you down and ban you.

rcgldr
08-30-2010, 05:59 PM
save editor

That's fake ... EA could easily track you down and ban you.There are some working hacks posted at various Russian web sites. I haven't tried these myself, but I can confirm that hacks to enable the Camaro and to unlock all tracks (including unfinished hidden tracks) are working. As far as getting banned goes, I would assume these players are using free 2 play accounts, and could always just create another. I doubt anyone would try this with a starter pack account.

MostEdwardo1
09-04-2010, 12:29 AM
some people prefer cheating by using a more power vehicle. I wouldn't do that if i'm you, lots of people show hates you
download the game play it for free, and after some worthy stuff is out, try to buy it, BTW i'll try to win one of those contests...

Sinister
09-04-2010, 09:20 AM
There are some working hacks posted at various Russian web sites. I haven't tried these myself, but I can confirm that hacks to enable the Camaro and to unlock all tracks (including unfinished hidden tracks) are working. As far as getting banned goes, I would assume these players are using free 2 play accounts, and could always just create another. I doubt anyone would try this with a starter pack account.

Sure new accounts will always be made, but if the users are reported and its proven that they're cheating, something could be done about it.. there are ways to ban a user by IP as well, so if userx with emaily is logged onto IPz. then you nail them via email first, so they'd be forced to create a new EA account, which then could potentially be IP banned.

T0MMY
09-04-2010, 11:00 AM
using just a street package silvia and winning ppl with pro package cars or T2 cars are fun. Its more about showing them that more speed doenst help you win.

I wont use hack, hacking the game to get imba stuff is pointless it just kills all the fun.

FrozenStar
09-04-2010, 02:33 PM
With all the content that was announced, I think I got a good deal for 20$. I'm quite happy I got mine in time too, since they're only giving 1500 SB now.
But if anyone is playing for the packed MP racers, then they better wait a while longer, because there are only 2 tracks where you could actually find more than one or two other players in MP. It's mostly pursuits and singleplayer after level 20.

Sinister
09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
"Free to play" [...] This is a free demo.Doesn't seem like it now eh.

T0MMY
09-08-2010, 11:10 PM
i think there will probably have a catch or something. free to play to level 50, it should have something for the paid ppl. i'll still probably get my copy after my exams just to support EA.

RuubW
09-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Doesn't seem like it now eh.
True. But I still won't play, I'll wait until the promised updates are released and then I'll re-evaluate the game.

i think there will probably have a catch or something. free to play to level 50, it should have something for the paid ppl. i'll still probably get my copy after my exams just to support EA.
The SP seems like kind of a ripoff now. They said that everyone who purchased their SP before yesterday will receive vouchers to rent the M3, LP-560 and R8 for free for an entire week. That might be useful for some people but I already have the LP-560 with performance package.

AJ_Lethal
09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
But I still won't play, I'll wait until the promised updates are released and then I'll re-evaluate the game.

I thought you're going to kill yourself.:D.

Sinister
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
One could only hope.
We need more souls to send down to hell.

FOX
09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Ruub just wants a perfect game to fully justify those 20 bucks spent. I don't consider this a fortune, since for me it's a minor amount of cash spent.

I bought it, played it, moved on to something else after a while. The game will be there whenever you want to play it.
What's that? Game's free now and you want your $20 back? Tough break. If this amount is a metric tonne for you, go and play something else, or just stop buying games since most of them will suck for you, as hardly any will fit your extreme demands/specs.

'Sorry, I don't like this game, I want my money back.' ;) Devs would go bankrupt if industry worked like anything remotely close to the quote... With devs bankrupt, there wouldn't be any video games so once and for all - no reason for you to ***** about them.
Have a nice day.

RuubW
09-11-2010, 02:33 AM
What's that? Game's free now and you want your $20 back? Tough break. If this amount is a metric tonne for you, go and play something else, or just stop buying games since most of them will suck for you, as hardly any will fit your extreme demands/specs.
Never said anything like that. I'm just saying that for me personally, the game in its current state is not worth spending my time on. Hopefully those updates will make it worth playing occassionally.