View Full Version : Too much Lambo love?

Ricochet
08-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Not sure most of you noticed (I'm sure most do by now) but anyone seeing some increased EA-Lambo bonding going on? Did the two companies actually reach a benchmark contract or is EA simply following tradition?

http://www.abandonware-utopia.com/pages/telechargement/capture_id/914_1.jpg

http://www.oyun-indir.info/oyun_resim/Need_For_Speed_Hot_Pursuit_2-front.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Nfshp-2010-cover.jpg

The cars used in showcasing at E3 were the Lamborghini LP670-SV and Reventon, as was with the trailer. In the first batch of screenshots released there was quite some emphasis on Lamborghinis.

This isn't a bad thing though. Lamborghini is my favorite car manufacturer and I'm so looking forward to this game.

Your thoughts?

CVPI19
08-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Lamborghinis have been in NFS since the TNFS when the Diablo VT not the 6.0 model first appeared in there. The only times they were absent from NFS were in NFS II/SE, Porsche Unleashed due it being mostly Porsches, and the Underground games but returned in Most Wanted and beyond.

Sir Tristan
08-28-2010, 12:30 PM
They seem to have a good relationship with Porsche as well.

Though what about Ferrari? It was in NFS up to 2002. By doing Underground, they stopped holding Ferrari with them, and thus Forza and PGR took over Ferrari's heart (?).

But I think the more cars we have the better, so let them do whatever they want.

Though I'm against all those deals. It would be nice if Porsche & EA gave Polyphony Digital a break. And if Microsoft (Xbox Only) loosened its grip on Ferrari.

That way we'd get our favourite cars in our favourite games more.

Sinister
08-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Lamborghini has always been known for its exoticness, and with Hot Pursuit being Exotic based, it only makes sense to keep the Lamborghini stable large.

At least there aren't as many BMWs or other lower end exotics this year.

Sir Tristan
08-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Well there's a TT-RS. I'd say it wouldn't be fair or good not to put in Z4 35iS and M3. Lotus Elise needs to be there.

I regret there isn't any heavy old Grand Tourers, huge-*** coupés, 4doors... (like that GT class off HP2 with XKR, M5, CL55, Z8...)

Joe_IX
08-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm a lamborghini lover.and i don't care for the guys who hate it.i like Diablo,Gallardo,Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce and Reventon.:egypt:

and of course the miura SV and Jota too

HazewinDog
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
if you love them, learn to spell their names ^^

LamboLuver
08-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I think it's great. They are amazing exotic cars that most to all of us will never own, so it makes sense to advertise them on the cover on the games, and to use them heavily within the games, as it will draw more people into the game than, say, a game with a BMW on the front.

I say continue to use them, cause boy do I love 'em :D

3ni_2nr
08-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes I see it.

AJ_Lethal
08-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, not surprise. Lambos are about lunacy, mayhem, noise...

Allure
08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Too much Lamborghini is always good. A legendary exotic marque advertised like this does only good to EA. Now If only Ferrari would be a NFS regular... Eh!

GT5
08-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't mind it one bit. Being the Lamborghini lover that I am, I could easily see style, sex appeal (which isn't advertised by EA), and attitude. Which is something Lamborghini has and something I like. =P

maggit
08-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Too much Lamborghini is always good. A legendary exotic marque advertised like this does only good to EA. Now If only Ferrari would be a NFS regular... Eh!

I'd love that. Ferraris vs. Lambos all the way! I'd choose the Ferrari F50 (modded for HP mode :D) and my cousin would take the Diablo SV in NFS4. Then we'd run from the cops and see which comes first at the finish line. Good times.

Sir Tristan
08-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Ferrari in the game would be absolutely great.

Epic V12 showdown? 599 v Murci v DBS v Conti GT Speed (alright that's W12 but still 12cyl) v SL65 Black Series.
Epic small GT showdown? 911 Turbo S Cabriolet v California v SL63 v XKR cabrio v V12 Vantage Volante v R8 Spyder.
Refinement vs raw power? R8 V10 vs LP560? California vs 430 Scuderia? Turbo S vs GT3 RS?

Possibilities are endless. Those races could be the most memorable. I'm currently dreaming of the ability to choose opponents' cars. All of them.

Zpectre
08-28-2010, 08:09 PM

BMWs are there since the classics, they deserve to be in NFS. IMO the game would be boring with only supercars, even though I don't want to see outdated and overrated stuff like Supra, Skyline and RX-7 back.

I don't give a crap about too many Lamborghinis, I like them. As long as there's not too many of them like 10 cars or so, I don't have a problem with it.

Sinister
08-28-2010, 09:21 PM
BMW was never in the first two for certain, (except as a traffic car in 2), and I was trying to find an official list of 3-6, but there wasn't much of a BMW presence until modding was available for the games.

Zpectre
08-28-2010, 10:26 PM
BMW was never in the first two for certain, (except as a traffic car in 2), and I was trying to find an official list of 3-6, but there wasn't much of a BMW presence until modding was available for the games.

NFSHS car list:

Aston Martin DB7*
BMW M5
BMW M Coupé*
BMW M Roadster*
BMW Z3
Bonus Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Bonus Porsche 911 Turbo
Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Chevrolet Corvette
Ferrari 360 Modena*
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari F50
Jaguar XJR-15*
Jaguar XKR
La Niña
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lister Storm*
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes CLK-GTR
Mercedes SLK 230
Pontiac Firebird
Porsche 911 Turbo

* is downloadable vehicles only.

That's it I think.

Sinister
08-28-2010, 11:24 PM
There you go, confirmation of a lacking dominant BMW presence within the 'root' games.

FOX
08-29-2010, 02:23 AM
I think there is never too much Lambo in NFS series...

junior6at
08-29-2010, 03:32 AM
If there's any car manufacturer out there that best represented the roots of NFS, I think it's either Lamborghini or Ferrari. Aside from PU, these two were pretty much in all the first six games (except NFS2, but the Italdesign Cala was close enough). If Ferrari ever came back, we would then be able to continue the classic exotic car battle.

Recall the cars on the box cover

NFS1 - 512TR and Diablo VT
NFS2 - F50
NFS3 - Diablo SV(front) and Corvette(back)
NFS4 - 550 Maranello and 911 Turbo
NFS5 - 911 Turbo
NFS6 - Murcielago and 360 Modena

I would expect either a Murcielago SV or the Reventon on the cover of HP 2010.

ElvenAvenger
08-29-2010, 09:12 AM
I have nothing against more Lamborghinis as long as its not 4 versions of Gallardo.

I'd take a Countach, Diablo, and Miura over those 3 versions...
In fact, any car would do as a replacement for me.

Lets hope they will include other, should-be-in cars in DLC...and that EA does not force overpricing on them.

Yeah, right....like EA will stop overpricing DLC...

Sinister
08-29-2010, 09:47 AM
EA doesn't overprice DLC, EVERYONE overprices DLC.

FreelancerMar
09-07-2010, 08:38 PM
@Zpectre.

The Supra and the RX-7 were in TNFS. They are both still Formidable cars.

GTA_Converter
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
**** yeah, Lamborghini's all over the place.
I cum Lamborghini oil from my 6.2 liter tank LOL

recar deeps
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM

http://firstgennfs.rscsites.org/tnfs.php

This is a nice site to visit for first generation NFS.

Joe_IX
10-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Man. never mess with Lamborghini.it will win although everything

GTA_Converter
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Man. never mess with Lamborghini.it will win although everything

You got that right.
Never mess with Lamborghini or it will be your ultimate platinum death lol

AJ_Lethal
10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
NFS1 - 512TR and Diablo VT
NFS4 - 550 Maranello and 911 Turbo
NFS6 - Murcielago and 360 Modena

In Japanese versions of NFS 1-4 -when was known as Over Drivin'- the covers are different. Check:

Over Drvin' DX (TNFSSE):
http://img.geo-online.co.jp/img/item/512/00705120014.jpg

Over Drivin' GT-R (TNFS "Nissan Unleashed" -WANT-)
http://www.satakore.com/satengine/photos/photosmodif/T/T-10613G,,Sega-Saturn-Photo-Nissan-Presents-Over-Drivin-GT-R-JPN.jpg
more info and screenshots (http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-game,,T-10613G,,Nissan-Presents-Over-Drivin-GT-R-JPN.html)

Over Drivin' Skyline Memorial (TNFS "Skyline Unleashed" -WANT MOAR-)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Spyrus/PSXOverDrivinSkylineMemorialSLPS-01.jpg

Over Drivin' II (NFS2)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/0/573330_12410_front.jpg

Over Drivin' III: Hot Pursuit (NFS3)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/5/198115_26282_front.jpg

and finally: Over Drivin' IV (NFSHS)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/7/198117_26271_front.jpg
Best. NFS. Cover. Ever. :D

BTW, Japanese katakana alphabet is awesome, kids.

appollo four fourty
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
They seem to have a good relationship with Porsche as well.

Though what about Ferrari? It was in NFS up to 2002. By doing Underground, they stopped holding Ferrari with them, and thus Forza and PGR took over Ferrari's heart (?).

But I think the more cars we have the better, so let them do whatever they want.

Though I'm against all those deals. It would be nice if Porsche & EA gave Polyphony Digital a break. And if Microsoft (Xbox Only) loosened its grip on Ferrari.

That way we'd get our favourite cars in our favourite games more.

No need, Polyphony Digital has RUF. Even better ;)

Sir Tristan
10-15-2010, 02:20 PM
No need, Polyphony Digital has RUF. Even better ;)

I don't like RUF's identity thing, and stealing Porsche designs, effectivelu claiming they're own cars (changing badge etc).

AJ_Lethal
10-15-2010, 03:01 PM
^Dude, RUF is for Porsche what Abarth is for Fiat.

btw, they dont steal porsche designs. they grab porsches and turn em into monsters.

Sir Tristan
10-15-2010, 03:16 PM
^Dude, RUF is for Porsche what Abarth is for Fiat.

btw, they dont steal porsche designs. they grab porsches and turn em into monsters.

I guess. Maybe RUF-tuning makes Porsches real Ferrari competitors. I just think GT2 RS is nuff said. TechArt can make a GT Street with 700bhp, it's still not going to be real-life faster (lap times) than the GT2 RS. Porsche know how much horses is enough. You CAN squeeze out 900hp from that 3.6... but why do that?

Also I prefer by FAR the Porsche crest to the RUF logo and the design language: RUF's 911s blur differences between N/A and turbo'd Porsches - always use the same indicators.

Their Rt12, a Turbo, wears a GT3/Carrera-like front. Wrong. TechArt know what's up IMO.

But then RUFs are quite legendary too - the RGT-8 is very Ferrari-like (in its manner), engine-wise and just the focus of it (looks inside, modified front wings). Proper V8 Berlinetta rival.

Zpectre
10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't even answer Tristan's idiotic remarks about RUF when he's so misinformed about the brand, but I can't help it.

RUFs are more exotic than Porsches, since they're not produced in big numbers and are built with top-class materials. They don't "steal" Porsche's designs, since obviously they use Porsche's chassis and parts under license. RUFs also more track-focused vehicles and generally perform better than their Porsche counterparts. The Rt12 is the fastest 997.1-based car tested by Sport Auto, with a Nürburgring time of 7:35 (yes, I know Röhrl achieved 7:32 with the 997.1 GT2, but I bet if he drove the more powerful Rt12 he could get that car in the 7:20s).

RUF does make unique automobiles as well, the CTR3 being proof (more info on the CTR3: http://www.ruf-automobile.de/en/RUF-CTR-3.29fe7.php), with performance that puts the Carrera GT to shame.

I guess that, according to Tristan, I should bash Audi, Seat and Skoda for using VW platforms to build their cars. Damn copycats. I should also insult Alpina for basing their cars on BMW models, when an Alpina drives completely differently from a standard Bimmer (with emphasis on comfort) and is built with more refined materials (on a side note, I'd rather have an Alpina B7 than a BMW 760i).

Seriously, I know you're a Porsche fanboy (as opposed to Freak-DS who's a Porsche enthusiast), but turning against Porsche's own kind (since RUFs have Porsche DNA) and outright insulting them just because of the badge on the hood is new to me. If you were a true Porsche fan you would be praising these cars instead of offending them.

BTW, the new RGT-8 is win.

Allure
10-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Oh my, Zpec', you're a RUF fan as well, and Alpina. The CTR3 is full of win. Shame we don't see It and other awesome RUFs in Need for Speed.

Sir Tristan
10-16-2010, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't even answer Tristan's idiotic remarks about RUF when he's so misinformed about the brand, but I can't help it.

RUFs are more exotic than Porsches, since they're not produced in big numbers and are built with top-class materials. They don't "steal" Porsche's designs, since obviously they use Porsche's chassis and parts under license. RUFs also more track-focused vehicles and generally perform better than their Porsche counterparts. The Rt12 is the fastest 997.1-based car tested by Sport Auto, with a Nürburgring time of 7:35 (yes, I know Röhrl achieved 7:32 with the 997.1 GT2, but I bet if he drove the more powerful Rt12 he could get that car in the 7:20s).

RUF does make unique automobiles as well, the CTR3 being proof (more info on the CTR3: http://www.ruf-automobile.de/en/RUF-CTR-3.29fe7.php), with performance that puts the Carrera GT to shame.

I guess that, according to Tristan, I should bash Audi, Seat and Skoda for using VW platforms to build their cars. Damn copycats. I should also insult Alpina for basing their cars on BMW models, when an Alpina drives completely differently from a standard Bimmer (with emphasis on comfort) and is built with more refined materials (on a side note, I'd rather have an Alpina B7 than a BMW 760i).

Seriously, I know you're a Porsche fanboy (as opposed to Freak-DS who's a Porsche enthusiast), but turning against Porsche's own kind (since RUFs have Porsche DNA) and outright insulting them just because of the badge on the hood is new to me. If you were a true Porsche fan you would be praising these cars instead of offending them.

BTW, the new RGT-8 is win.

Let's have a crack at answering that, shall we?
First of all, I know what RUF do. I've been on their website too you know. Wow, they make monsterly powerful Porsches. So do many other tuners. RUF have a special thing about them and are quite different to Porsches in focus and even looks and design language (as I said they don't use Porsche styling to indicate engine aspiration etc). I know. I only said I like the Porsche badge more than the RUF logo. Am I not allowed to think that? Furthermore, I said RUFs are proper Ferrari rivals, especially the RGT-8. Moreover, I only showed my opinion on their design language.

CTR3 is a very worthy Carrera GT-replacement before the RS Spyder hits the market IMO. Quite specific to RUF, but of course they used lights from Porsche parts bin, including 987.2 Boxster all-red taillights - clever, as they look slightly like a CGT on that.

I was wrong to say RUF 'steals' designs, but you should read all posts before answering an early one. The new 5-series-based Alpina (B5?) bi-turbo will IMO make more sense than an M5. You're right on that. It's also true that BMW should focus their M-division on cars rather than destroying M credibility with X6M. So?

...I'm not allowed to dislike a car tuner. I am obliged to like Porsche tuners because I like Porsches. Whatever else you pluck out of the sky mate. As for Porsche tuners, my preference leans towards TechArt because I like the way they look. /awaiting approval

For me, a Porsche is entirely enough. RUFs are nice drool extractors but I'm not as sentimental about them, nor do I admire them for absolutely minimal styling changes like I do Porsches.

RGT-8 is bloody well a big WIN, and I said that before. Their Roadster is IMO not so good, especially the plastic hooding instead of a true 1967-style removable glass/plastic whatever it was. Also, 997 doesn't seem suited for that conversion, just my opinion again. Rt12's engine mods on an inconspicuous-looking Turbo are ideal for me unless it's a RGT-8.

Allure
10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
CTR3 is a very worthy Carrera GT-replacement before the RS Spyder hits the market IMO. Quite specific to RUF, but of course they used lights from Porsche parts bin, including 987.2 Boxster all-red taillights - clever, as they look slightly like a CGT on that.

It's not a replacement but an alternative to the Carrera GT.

The body of the CTR 3 is a completely new development which is not based on any existing mid-engine concept.

The RUF is quite another driving experience even the 911 GT2/GT3 RS "rawness" can't match, cause RUFs are performance monsters and their exterior reflects that. All their models focus on one thing and thanks to Porsche parts they're doing It nicely.

Sir Tristan
10-16-2010, 10:34 AM
It's not a replacement but an alternative to the Carrera GT.

I think it's the Porsche Supercar for when there WAS no Porsche Supercar. That's true for CTRs:

CTR2 was a successful attempt to make a 969-style thing, when one wasn't actually introduced. Porsche Supercar for no-porsche-supercar times.

CTR 'Yellowbird' was a Porsche supercar in the times Porsche has not even made one yet.

But you are right, it's an alternative. But one I would not choose over a Carrera GT.

Allure
10-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Porsche doesn't need to manufacture supercars. RUF does an excellent job doing them under the Stuttgart-based brand's styling cues, accessories and whatnot.

Zpectre
10-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Let's have a crack at answering that, shall we?
First of all, I know what RUF do. I've been on their website too you know. Wow, they make monsterly powerful Porsches. So do many other tuners. RUF have a special thing about them and are quite different to Porsches in focus and even looks and design language (as I said they don't use Porsche styling to indicate engine aspiration etc). I know. I only said I like the Porsche badge more than the RUF logo. Am I not allowed to think that? Furthermore, I said RUFs are proper Ferrari rivals, especially the RGT-8. Moreover, I only showed my opinion on their design language.

You're free to like Porsche better than RUF, but it doesn't mean you can insult RUF by saying they're "copycats" who "steal" designs.

I was wrong to say RUF 'steals' designs, but you should read all posts before answering an early one. The new 5-series-based Alpina (B5?) bi-turbo will IMO make more sense than an M5. You're right on that. It's also true that BMW should focus their M-division on cars rather than destroying M credibility with X6M. So?

The Alpina doesn't "make more sense" than an M5. It's an alternative. Their philosophy is quite different. Alpina focuses on comfort, M focuses on rawness.

The X6M destroys M's credibility as much as the Cayenne goes against everything Porsche stood for, but I like the X6M because I like the base model.

...I'm not allowed to dislike a car tuner. I am obliged to like Porsche tuners because I like Porsches. Whatever else you pluck out of the sky mate. As for Porsche tuners, my preference leans towards TechArt because I like the way they look. /awaiting approval

As I said, you can like whatever you want, but that doesn't give you the right to discredit other manufacturers by saying they "steal" designs.

Sir Tristan
10-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Alright then.
Exercising my right to like anything, I like the new Cayenne and its all-roundedness. I also love the X5. Don't like the X6.

TechArts are really good IMO, especially 997.1 Carrera sans spoiler.

appollo four fourty
10-18-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't like RUF's identity thing, and stealing Porsche designs, effectivelu claiming they're own cars (changing badge etc).

You have no idea what your talking about.

Johnny B
10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
It's better to manifest too much Lambo love than too much Lambo sex... unless you're a cow or that queen whose name I don't remember who allegedly had sex with a bull!

Right?