View Full Version : I freaking hate the pursuits in this game

Zpectre
09-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I decided to try a few more pursuits since, thanks to the retards at EA, this seems to be the only way to gain any significant rep and money rewards.

So far it's been a torment.

You almost can't escape from level 1 cops. That's right, level 1 cops. It's not that they're strong or anything, but it seems impossible to simply lose them. Whatever you do, whichever route you take, there will always be one cop bugging you, a problem which is intensified in higher heat levels because there are a lot of cars on your tail and you simply can't lose them no matter what you do.

A good answer to that would be pursuit breakers. That is, if they weren't so poorly implemented in this game. Not only you have to make do with Palmont's breakers (which suck compared to Rockport's in Most Wanted), but also the breakers don't seem to do anything. They don't kill many cops and the ones that aren't killed simply don't fall for the trap, unlike in Most Wanted and Carbon. If the pursuit breakers aren't effective at killing cops, and I can't shake them off because it seems impossible, what else am I going to do? I simply try every trick in the book (and I consider myself a good Most Wanted player) but nothing works.

When I finally manage to enter cooldown mode, the stupid AI always places a random roadblock in front of me. Always. You can't even attempt to drive to the hiding spots because a roadblock is always spawned in front of you. I know it worked like this in Most Wanted too, but in that game the AI didn't cheat as much and it was possible to fool it from time to time. Not a chance in this game.

My main gripe with World is that there are no feasible ways to end pursuits. And, when pursuits give the biggest rewards, this is a huge problem. Maybe it's easier if you use a lot of powerups, but I don't want to use SpeedBoost crap to buy powerups and you can rarely get the good ones in reward cards.

rcgldr
09-23-2010, 02:32 AM
There are some pursuit breakers that work well, such at the stadium, but those take a while to respawn if you're doing a series of pursuits. The stadium usually crashed on my PC (I've read that this is fixed now), so I used the wide part of hwy 99 between the off ramp maze near the bus terminal and the golf course. I made a video of the path I used. I get hit by Rhinos (SUVs) in the video to demonstrate it, but that rarely happens with the path I used.

Not mentioned in the video is the fact that using the off ramps to turn around results in some of the cops going the wrong way, reducing the number that follow you. Sometimes it's enough to get into evade mode. The cooldown spot I show in the video is better though, as there's a jump in front of it, so the cops can only approach from behind, and it's a narrow entrance. Still you have to watch for the occasional cop that follows, take the jump, go to the off ramps, and if that doesn't evade, then back to the cooldown spot again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGN3xiJX_wQ&hd=1

MostEdwardo1
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
IKR
I've been busted a lot of times because i could not evade.

TruePro
09-23-2010, 12:34 PM
It's EA, so expect to see a lot of disappointing crap.

Freak-DS
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
It's EA, so expect to see a lot of disappointing crap.

This disappointing crap is free, so you don't have to expect anything.

AJ_Lethal
09-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah i hate em too (lvl 3 on tier one car? **** that)

HazewinDog
09-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Well pursuits are easy to me. Anyway, i discovered that racing vs 7 players with higher levels gives me 2x as much rep as a heat-5-pursuit in the same time.

Im level 14 and rented a R8 at the moment.

HD1221
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
You want to know what you do if you ever want to end a pursuit fast? You go to the stadium in Rosewood like rcgldr said, slow down and cruise at like 20 mph, and hit the support beams, it kills like every cop. Then go to the other side and do the same, crawl into a corner and wait till cooldown ends. This works everytime.

HazewinDog
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
You want to know what you do if you ever want to end a pursuit fast? You go to the stadium in Rosewood like rcgldr said, slow down and cruise at like 20 mph, and hit the support beams, it kills like every cop. Then go to the other side and do the same, crawl into a corner and wait till cooldown ends. This works everytime.
Yep, thats what i do, but i only wreck it on the highway side though, and then stay around the corner at the other side so they cant see me. Works perfectly, never failed yet :) Soon ill upload a video of how easy it is to beat the cops. I started recording after a drove trough a spike strip :P still easy

Bl0cks
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
One thing that I noticed that is it is harder to do the PIT maneuver or try to wreck a single cop that is following you, compared to Most Wanted.

I also slow down when I hit a pursuit breaker.

Allure
09-23-2010, 06:45 PM
For being a free game It's quite lame, buggy, with lots of grinding and cheat-friendly.

SubyRS
09-24-2010, 05:56 PM
I can't criticise what is now a totaly free racing game from EA. But I can see where those that paid to play may have reservations.

Persuits are harder ten-fold over MW. Accidently tapping a cop in the Carbon part of the game is a 1/4 escape chance. In the MW area of the map I can always eventualy get away because the area is more wide open and instantly familiar because the game was not made a night racer like Carbon. But no matter where you go there is usually a cop to pick you up in either city. I liked the chance to rest in MW when more police backup was 1/2 to a full minute away. You could decide to wreck the one cop on your tail and ditch into a hiding spot, or lazily toy with him until his buddies came to back him up.

There are easy ways to make quick escapes in World. You can pick favorite parts of either city where you know where to hide and simply ram a cop (HARD) and ditch into the hiding spot. The rammed cop does not have time to recover from the hit and the backup has not responded. Just let the timer cool down because you get pay and rep for that time too. But..... how many times you going to do that before you feel brain dead?

One thing I can say. Let's hope HP3 takes more after MW than it does World, or EA may see the shoot hit the fan. Maybe Sinister can put in a good word on that for us.

Nokian
09-24-2010, 07:29 PM
i have to say 3 words,LEARN TO DRIVE:Facepalm:

damn when i enter a cooldown i search all over the city to find cops and you cant escape them...anyway
try rcgldr's routes,that could help you

ksm314
09-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I only had trouble at heat 4 onwards...

... Slowing down was necessary with pursuit breakers when wasting cops

Nokian
09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
I only had trouble at heat 4 onwards...

... Slowing down was necessary with pursuit breakers when wasting cops

its allways necessary if you want to disable more cops;)

3ni_2nr
09-24-2010, 09:01 PM
totally, not to mention sometime i spend 5 minutes ramming cops to get them to chase me...

ElvenAvenger
09-25-2010, 07:40 AM
The only thing that makes me get busted in a pursuit is when the game gets laggy.

I got busted recently because:
I pressed 1 for NOS. nothing happened. Did it again. Nothing. 3 minutes later, im nearly busted and....NITROUS ACTIVATES! wasted powerup now.
Again, i press emergency evade. 3 minutes later it works when there are no cops around. Finally, i try to use juggernaut to ram through a roadblock. It fails to activate on time, i bounce off the cops and 2 of my wheels drive over a spikestrip. Then i get slowly busted while trying to escape them but obviously im driving so slow that they manage to get a whole army of cops around me.

But its not too much of a loss, i lose 300$, still gain 200 rep. Next pursuit = 1.130 rep, some money, and a 1k rep card. 8)

Nokian
09-25-2010, 08:04 AM
I pressed 1 for NOS. nothing happened. Did it again. Nothing. 3 minutes later, im nearly busted and....NITROUS ACTIVATES! wasted powerup now.
This happens to me too,thats lame

Again, i press emergency evade. 3 minutes later it works when there are no cops around. Finally, i try to use juggernaut to ram through a roadblock. It fails to activate on time, i bounce off the cops and 2 of my wheels drive over a spikestrip. Then i get slowly busted while trying to escape them but obviously im driving so slow that they manage to get a whole army of cops around me.

HazewinDog
09-25-2010, 08:20 AM
never happend to me, power-ups always work directly in my game.

rcgldr
09-25-2010, 10:33 AM
> heat level 4

Trying to disable heat level 5 SUV's in roadblocks rarely works, so aim for the cars if there are any in a roadblock, or wait until heat level 5, where you get more cars in road blocks.

> powerups

I don't use powerups in pursuits. Steering at impact increase the effect, so nitrous isn't needed. Emergency evade seldom prevents you from getting busted, so I don't use it either. I normally used the same pattern (path) for pursuits, so I knew where the spike strips would be. If messing arround trying new paths, and ran over a spike strip, if I had a lot of run-flats, I would use one, otherwise, I would just take the bust and start another pursuit.

Sinister
09-25-2010, 10:38 AM
instant cooldown works pretty reasonable once you have evaded the cops.

Using the emergency evade, and cooldown together is a quick way to finish a chase.

OscarDaGrouch
09-25-2010, 12:33 PM
The only thing that makes me get busted in a pursuit is when the game gets laggy.

I got busted recently because:

But its not too much of a loss, i lose 300$, still gain 200 rep. Next pursuit = 1.130 rep, some money, and a 1k rep card. 8)thats what happens to me..in pursuits for a very long time and then lag,busted

Sonic ZR1
09-25-2010, 02:04 PM
2Zpectre: I freaking love play as cops! :P
Pursuit mode is good, don't remove it!
BTW soon we'll able to play as cops! 8)

SubyRS
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Now empty all of your power up consoles as I have done and see if you can evade cops as easily.

HazewinDog
09-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Yes, almost as easily. But i prefer to have a backup, may i need it :)

TruePro
09-29-2010, 12:23 PM
This disappointing crap is free, so you don't have to expect anything.

The disappointing crap is EA as well, so I don't have to expect anything.

U.2.K.
10-02-2010, 11:46 PM
This seems to be the only way to gain any significant rep and money rewards.
I agree, because racing in normal races, rep is extremely low. Seems like before the full release, we were getting higher rep and money , now not sure what is going on. :Facepalm:

As for getting busted by level 1 cops?
are you serious lol
you need to practice way more, i can get away from level 5 cops, not all the time, but sometimes.

_BLAHHEAD_
10-03-2010, 02:04 AM
If you race MP on match-making, you can get plenty more rep. And the pursuits are extremely easy, level 1-2 cops fall to pieces if you do a wall sandwich on them, and anything else, go on the highway and drive fast, they get lost easier than James May. As for pursuit breakers not working, try slowing down for them or use only gas stations, water towers, donut variants and the stadium thing. It's easy as long as you find new weaknesses instead of hopelessly sticking to old tactics you used in MW.

Zpectre
10-03-2010, 03:08 AM
As for getting busted by level 1 cops?
are you serious lol
you need to practice way more, i can get away from level 5 cops, not all the time, but sometimes.

I'm not getting busted by level 1 cops. I mean, I've completed MW and Carbon numerous times so I know how to handle NFSW cops. The problem is that it's difficult to enter cooldown mode because the game keeps throwing cops around every corner even at heat level 1.

So far I've been using the stadium trick but sometimes you can't fool the cops with it.

ksm314
10-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Cops weren't exaggerating as what you said (to me)...

I even managed to perform a 27 second pursuit

paytonlow
10-12-2010, 03:20 AM
I understand your pain, but it's all about patient. I got my best Heat-5 pursuit with the rented Impreza WRX STI, approximately 28 minutes with destruction of 48 cops, though I did use quite a few powerups.