View Full Version : Are you all disappointed too that the demo isn't for PC?

quangnhathang
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
hi everyone!

I expected that there will be a demo of NFS Hot Pursuit E3 for PC. But NFS didn't make a demo for the PC. They only made a demo for Xbox and Playstation.:Facepalm:
Take a look at the NFS site: http://www.needforspeed.com/post/need-speed-hot-pursuit-demo-announced
What do you think about this? Are you disappointed too?
Just say what you think!

_BLAHHEAD_
10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Not exactly, since I wasn't going to get it on PC anyways. But I do see quite a lot of disappointed faces about this...

Drift King of Tokyo
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Well think of it this way. Alot of PC released games do not get demos. Its just the way things work now. Doesnt mean PC gaming is decreasing at all though.

Allure
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Could care less to be honest. I get PC games almost for free here so I'll get It and try It out instead of downloading a stupid demo.

AJ_Lethal
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Who won't?

3ni_2nr
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, it sucks but if it isn't disappointing, it isn't EA.

Zpectre
10-25-2010, 08:43 PM
LOL of course, the only legal way to try before you buy and Criterion denies it to us.

KF72
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Nope. PS3 was my platform of choice anyway (and possibly the lead dev platform).

nfslover101
10-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Got myself a Xbox 360. So it doesn't affect me, but I'm sure if I had a PC that could play anything, I would be mad too.

luchadolittle
10-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Could care less to be honest. I get PC games almost for free here so I'll get It and try It out instead of downloading a stupid demo.

pirated? tsk tsk tsk

Allure
10-26-2010, 01:29 AM
pirated? tsk tsk tsk

Did I say pirated? No I didn't. :)

OZ
10-26-2010, 01:37 PM

pirated? tsk tsk tsk

:Facepalm:

you know, proper reading and interpretation can take people great lengths when done right...

the key word here is "almost"

when something is "almost free", it's not "free". ;)

Sinister
10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
just heavily discounted.

Speeder_97
10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Too much disapointed i only have pc
FYI: split second : velocity demo wasn't in PC too, It must be somethings else besides EA.

hsv coupe gts
10-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Don't worry guys, you aren't missing out on much.

The demo only has two short races, and the handling of the cars is so stiff it reminds me of Prostreet. :L

Other than that, an alright demo, nothing really to get too excited about.

Sinister
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
The controls only take a bit of getting use to and then you're ripping around easily. I cannot say the demo wasn't without flaws, but overall it was enjoyable and the autolog has already caused some friendly rivalry within the community leaders, three weeks left and the game is released.

SLZ Roadstar
10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
I wanted to try it out for PC. I dont have any other mode of playing. So I am disappointed. But I will eagerly wait for that so called good game.

nfslover101
10-27-2010, 10:13 AM
I was going to say also, even though the demo had 2 races, it got pretty boring after doing the same races for a few hours, but after Autolog came on and I saw people beating my times, I found myself playing even longer to beat my friend's times. I would of liked to have been chased during the Roadster race, but no cops appeared.

CAN
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
pirated? tsk tsk tsk

wow, he BUYS games.

laughingman.jpg rofl

"nfs no longer makes GOOD games to make me go buy a original copy"

quangnhathang
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
wow, he BUYS games.

laughingman.jpg rofl

"nfs no longer makes GOOD games to make me go buy a original copy"

I think NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is going to be a GOOD game :)

Sinister
10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
We would've loved to see it for the PC as well, but we couldn't sacrifice the resources to come off the full game. Comparatively speaking, PC demos need more resources than PS3 or XBOX because we need to ensure it would run smoothly on a wide variety of systems. Because we wanted the full game to be of the highest quality possible, we kept all our resources on that instead of creating a demo. It wasn't our ideal situation, but it's the decision we made. We think you'll believe this was ultimately the right decision when you see the quality of the game when it's released. I hope you can understand.

So, there's an answer.

Zpectre
10-27-2010, 07:17 PM
So, there's an answer.

That's not a good answer IMO. There's three weeks left before the release of the full game and they still can't package something that runs reasonably well in most PCs? They've had two years to develop the game. The last time a demo wasn't released it was with NFS Undercover and it was understandable since Black Box barely had time to put the game together, but Criterion has had plenty of time to sort issues and make the game compatible with most hardware.

Sinister
10-27-2010, 08:54 PM
What is your excuse with Shift then? Its demo was released after.

OZ
10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
That's not a good answer IMO. There's three weeks left before the release of the full game and they still can't package something that runs reasonably well in most PCs? They've had two years to develop the game. The last time a demo wasn't released it was with NFS Undercover and it was understandable since Black Box barely had time to put the game together, but Criterion has had plenty of time to sort issues and make the game compatible with most hardware.

this is not normal, but this actually pissed me off. You talk like coding was the easiest thing to do on earth, and like you were there, working with them. If you hadn't noticed, 2 years is NOT enough time nowadays. Any decent game is taking that at minimum to be made, and yet, getting released with lots of bugs that forces developers to run like hell out for patches.

Either way, its just a ****ing demo, its free, and by that, there's nothing we are entitled for.

I would rather have them expending their time on a game than on a demo, after all, i'm not forced to buy a game on a released date, i can buy it whenever i want. They otherwise have schedules to fulfill. And missing deadlines can cost them a lot.

If they release the demo later, fine, I'll get it, test it, and if i like it, i'll pick the game. If not, i'll just drop at some game shop and have a run at it. We are making drama over something worthless.

Zpectre
10-27-2010, 10:51 PM
What is your excuse with Shift then? Its demo was released after.

SMS also did it wrong, but at least they released a demo afterwards, unlike Criterion who most probably won't since their game is so uber.

The excuse of refining the game didn't work with Shift, though. Ask the sim community about the gameplay bugs that made some of the cars undrivable in vanilla Shift (like bouncing cars).

SubyRS
10-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I guess I am out of the loop on this. Is a demo out for HP3 on the consoles right now? I'm going to fire up my PS3 and check. X360 I am sure is holding off for Gold only members.
I prefer my games on PC, but I have both major consoles too, so I can get the demo.
But....I would like to see a PC demo because I want to know how well the new game will run on my 2007 hardware. If there is no PC demo, I am forced to buy the version of the game that has the best console demo.

Downloading PS3 demo now, 1581 mb. And just as I thought, the x360 demo is for Gold members only LOL. I'll take the free PS3 demo if you don't mind Mr. Gates.

Someone said the handling is like Prostreet? That is NOT a good thing.

Sinister
10-30-2010, 01:41 PM
The demo is only for gold for now it's supposed to be for everyone sometime soon.

GTA_Converter
10-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Pretty stupid they didnt developed the demo for PC.
But there is too much xbox360/ps3 owners they wont care about PC gamers.
The consoles are the first way to prevend pirating.
Criterion Games is a joke.
Autolog, **** it.
Its like GFWL.
If you really need friends to unlock certain events/cars/pursuits or whatever on PC, then forget it.
These nowdays you need social network to have the full possibilites.

FreelancerMar
10-30-2010, 04:51 PM
@sinister
The demo will be available after the full game is released.

@all
If a demo for undercover had been available at all for the PC so I could test it with my Controller of choice at the time (my Flight Stick) I probably would not have ever bought undercover. The answer that NFS mike gave for HP2010 is just a copy and paste job from the undercover demo answer. which is a load of BS.

I will also agree that if the game uses prostreet physics then it might not be worth getting. Espically if the ai can bash the player while being immune to retaliation like in prostreet. Where the player gets mercilessly bashed out of any chance of a podium finish and when the player tries to return the favor nothing happens. I have tried using a PIT maneuver against the AI in a Prostreet grip race and guess what???? When the AI car is almost completely sideways, it's still maintaining it's speed and control!!! complete and utter bs!!!

well I have said my rant.

T0MMY
10-31-2010, 05:59 AM
i think criterion will release a trial version of the game like what they did for burnout paradise PC.

Nuts4Ford
10-31-2010, 07:13 AM
Pretty stupid they didnt developed the demo for PC.
But there is too much xbox360/ps3 owners they wont care about PC gamers.
The consoles are the first way to prevend pirating.
Criterion Games is a joke.
Autolog, **** it.
Its like GFWL.
If you really need friends to unlock certain events/cars/pursuits or whatever on PC, then forget it.
These nowdays you need social network to have the full possibilites.

so you're telling me you have no friend's that you know online AT ALL to add to your friends list to unlock that feature? You're telling me that you have NO internet AT ALL to be able to use the Autolog feature to? You're telling me that you're just a basement dwelling, anti-social, PC elitest person who would complain about anything and everything?

I would HOPE none of these are true and that you really only posted that to rile some people up.

3ni_2nr
10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
It true Ed. Gone are the days of games which have meaningful, fulfilling single player gameplay.

All the developers are on this pseudo-social virtual friend crap. Its made exactly for those 'basement dwelling, anti-social, PC/console 1337357 gamer person' who spends all their time making friends online, topping scoreboards, drinking Monster/Rockstar/Red bull and chewing on doritos, rather than having a social life over a social network.

Nuts4Ford
10-31-2010, 10:08 AM
honestly though, if I could find a way to incorporate Co-Op in all my games I would because I fully enjoy experiencing a game together with a friend or my gf than by myself.

GTA_Converter
10-31-2010, 10:09 AM
so you're telling me you have no friend's that you know online AT ALL to add to your friends list to unlock that feature? You're telling me that you have NO internet AT ALL to be able to use the Autolog feature to? You're telling me that you're just a basement dwelling, anti-social, PC elitest person who would complain about anything and everything?

I would HOPE none of these are true and that you really only posted that to rile some people up.

I have no words for all that bullshit you're telling me.
I like single player more than MP.
And my internet is limited.

I hope too these are not true in my previous post.
But look GTA4, you need MP to unlock archievements for example.

TruePro
10-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I was never excited for this game, it looks so messy and cluttered in the gameplay vids. I was having hard time trying to point out what makes it called "back to the roots". So no, I am not disappointed, although the only way to play games here is on my pc.