View Full Version : NFS Porsche 2000 - reverting engine sounds

Porsche_fanatic
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Since the past few months, I've been playing classic NFS games, in whatever time I'm left with. Went through the previous iterations without much problem, but lately I've come back to playing NFS V, now in order to play it properly, I had to install v3.5 patch, which adds more features, some useful, some not so useful. One of the features that's been been bothering me is the 'new' bumper cam.

Basically it is a cockpit view without the cockpit, and uses all the engine sounds from that view too. This would have been fine if I was an 11 year old and used an automatic, but since that's not the case, I've had to turn down the music all the way down, and yet face some degree of problem in keeping a tab on the engine sound in some cars; And lets face it, that game did have pretty realistic engine sounds, and it'll be a sin to miss out on them. I've been looking long and hard all over Google to find a fix to this problem, or anything that could assist me to change the camera settings, but to no avail. So has anyone found a solution to this annoyance ? or possess a magic wand (:Facepalm:) that can revert all the engine sound settings to the original thing ?

rcgldr
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The reduced engine sound is from the enhanced version of the 3.5 patch. The standard patch didn't do that.

Porsche_fanatic
11-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Oh, so by my understanding, if I reinstall the game, and apply the original patch by EA, all will be well ?

Also that, I did have a lot of problem running PU on my windows 7, I mean all my textures look like they did on my P-3, and I am not facing any slow downs whatsoever, so if I reinstall, can you comment on what I should expect then ?