View Full Version : NFSHP 2010 Camera Hack

Racer_S
11-19-2010, 05:02 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5189388962_13d03a1af7.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/5188775415_a9b2bde729.jpg

Alpha version.

Download (http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=64#)

Alexc12fr
11-19-2010, 05:04 AM
You're awesome Racer_S. Good work.

EDIT: Too bad that I won't get PC version.

HazewinDog
11-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Ha! The first tool has already been made :) Nice job ;)

EvilSonic151
11-19-2010, 06:32 AM
ya now i want to see how many will complain about the cokpit view ;)

Dr1ft_m45t3r
11-19-2010, 06:52 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5189388962_13d03a1af7.jpg

Alpha version.

Download (http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=64#)
o0oyeah!! It's only 3 days since the NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 released, and Racer_S already programmed NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 Camera Hack (Alpha Version)!!
Rock On!! :singer:

EvilSonic151
11-19-2010, 06:56 AM
found a bug: the game crashes to desktop when you're about to crash a car

HazewinDog
11-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Thats a pretty bad bug :/ Its probably because the camera view changes then, and it notices something aint right.

Tubaman
11-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

OZ
11-19-2010, 09:27 AM
just a question, does the dials work on the cockpit view? If they do, do they work on digital dials aswell?

Racer_S
11-19-2010, 09:48 AM
hey guys sorry about the crash bug, i've fixed it and you should be able to download the good version from the same place (check readme for v1.01)

a friend said he noticed an fps drop.. anybody else notice an fps drop when its active?

enjoy!

BTW, I'm working on a steering wheel fix and possible manual transmission.

I'm not posting on the EA forums.

AJ_Lethal
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
just a question, does the dials work on the cockpit view? If they do, do they work on digital dials aswell?
Damn it.

Sir Tristan
11-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I think there is no reason at all for EA to ban this, eh?

AJ_Lethal
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
^Criterion will think we ruined their work

ZING!

maggit
11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I think there is no reason at all for EA to ban this, eh?

Probably something in the EULA, something no one cares to read. :P

SLZ Roadstar
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey Racer_S. You didnt answer the question OZ asked.

BTW Nice work.

AJ_Lethal
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
^I would answer: NO. check the dash pic carefully.

Alexc12fr
11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah, digital one says 79 Mph and the cockpit's one says 0.

SLZ Roadstar
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
My bad eyes. :(

DuduKrazy
11-19-2010, 11:59 AM
can anyone upload a video of the cam hack in action?

MostEdwardo1
11-19-2010, 12:33 PM
shoot, that fassst!!!
actually i've even seen the game cracked already

TruePro
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM
If someone could create this camera hack so quickly, and criterion is so lazy and dumb to add a camera view in the cockpit, it tells me how more retarded game makers are becoming these days.

BTW nice job man. And yeah I would like to see that camera hack in action.

AJ_Lethal
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
^ez to crack, ez to crack.

Racer_S
11-19-2010, 12:56 PM
This is a little thing you can play with in cruise mode and just want to get up close to the nice cars.

I think the game is fine the way it is, none of the bells and whistles to make playing more difficult than it should be.. dealing with those cops soon becomes a lot of work.:P

I'll see if I can get a video to record smoothly.

OZ
11-19-2010, 01:07 PM
If someone could create this camera hack so quickly, and criterion is so lazy and dumb to add a camera view in the cockpit, it tells me how more retarded game makers are becoming these days.

BTW nice job man. And yeah I would like to see that camera hack in action.

if you bothered to read the development interviews of it, you would know that Criterion did want to implement interior cam, but the schedule EA gave them didn't allow enough time to model all cars (racers and cop cars, on the early videos, the police reventon had just a stock looking interior, without any police equipment) and bug testing.

EA, as always, wanted to get the game out as soon as possible (as being released with any other racing game could hurt their expected sales, like for example, gt5), Criterion wanted to keep a quality product. Leaving them out seemed to be a better idea than giving an unfinished product.

People gotta learn that nowadays, not all the times the developers are at fault.

AJ_Lethal
11-19-2010, 01:09 PM
^maybe a dlc will fix it, no?

OZ
11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
^maybe a dlc will fix it, no?

dlc's can add anything to a game (and take out aswell), so asking that is a little redundant :P

TruePro
11-19-2010, 01:17 PM
if you bothered to read the development interviews of it, you would know that Criterion did want to implement interior cam, but the schedule EA gave them didn't allow enough time to model all cars (racers and cop cars, on the early videos, the police reventon had just a stock looking interior, without any police equipment) and bug testing.

EA, as always, wanted to get the game out as soon as possible (as being released with any other racing game could hurt their expected sales, like for example, gt5), Criterion wanted to keep a quality product. Leaving them out seemed to be a better idea than giving an unfinished product.

People gotta learn that nowadays, not all the times the developers are at fault.

Even if they didn't have time to make HQ cockpits, that not-so-detailed interior, made for the exterior view, would do it for me. Really it's just a different camera view, just like Porsche unleashed, and I actually still enjoy it despite the lowpolyness.

This is an arcade game so I wasn't expecting Forza3 and NFS Shift quality cockpits, but at least something simple as a first person view.

09Challenger
11-19-2010, 01:23 PM
^I'm starting to think game-makers are getting too excited to release games, just like I get too excited to finish my artwork after being very enthusiastic in the start; and all the enthusiasm in the start of 3D movies in theaters and not too much "3Dness" in the last half of the movie as in the start (if you know what I'm saying).

BTW, I also enjoy Porshce Unleashed's cockpit view as much (almost) as I enjoy then ones in Grid or Shift.

Sir Tristan
11-19-2010, 01:30 PM
^I'm starting to think game-makers are getting too excited to release games, just like I get too excited to finish my artwork after being very enthusiastic in the start; and all the enthusiasm in the start of 3D movies in theaters and not too much "3Dness" in the last half of the movie as in the start (if you know what I'm saying).

LOL, I do :D

BTW, I also enjoy Porshce Unleashed's cockpit view as much (almost) as I enjoy then ones in Grid or Shift.

It had a lovely, quiet, secluded feel in 996s, 'luxurious' even too quiet (obviously to SELL the car's quality). In SHIFT, they made every car, even stock, even at low speeds (I checked), make racecar sounds of falling apart interior etc rally-style.

That bugged me when testing 5th gear 80km/h stroll in an SL65, which should be an oasis with an ultrasmooth V12, ready to EXPLODE.

Zpectre
11-19-2010, 01:33 PM

They could have also asked for a longer development cycle and released the damn game in 2011, while another studio took care of this year's release.

Anyway, the interiors seem to look good enough. Converters (especially the TDU people) should be happy. :D

I think the biggest problem would be to code all the features in, since Criterion would have to create the code from scratch. Either that, or borrow Shift's code.

AJ_Lethal
11-19-2010, 01:37 PM
dlc's can add anything to a game (and take out aswell), so asking that is a little redundant :P
lol, it was a rhetorical question.

Racer_S
11-19-2010, 03:22 PM
video is up here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIChGWpgog

Alexc12fr
11-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Very nice. I really like it when the camera is on the wheel.

Sir Tristan
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, the hands turning are very realistic, Criterion/DICE did a good job on that animation IMO - you just made it better dude.

This is a priority download + patch when I get it for Christmas (patch should be online then).

Absolutely brilliant. Does it work with crash cutscenes though?

TruePro
11-19-2010, 03:52 PM
video is up here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIChGWpgog

Wow, the driver movement can't be better! Well, criterion did an outstanding job on that. And you kinda changed my mind.. now I wanna buy that game. That looks pretty fun actually from the dash view, nice work!

And I hope you get that manual transimition hack or whatever you're working on to work too!

POMELO
11-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow, you are really fast to hack games.

Zpectre
11-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Nice details.

It's just a shame the M3 in the game is a manual but we can't change gears manually in game...

Chevelless
11-20-2010, 06:24 AM
hey guys sorry about the crash bug, i've fixed it and you should be able to download the good version from the same place (check readme for v1.01)

a friend said he noticed an fps drop.. anybody else notice an fps drop when its active?

enjoy!

BTW, I'm working on a steering wheel fix and possible manual transmission.

I'm not posting on the EA forums.

FPS drop by 50%~~Seems not so smoothly as original . Will you please to fix it sir?

Racer_S
11-21-2010, 05:29 AM
try redownloading, ive made some changes overnight.

optimus prime
11-21-2010, 07:57 AM
That's awesome! Now we gotta get a No CD hack made, get rid of the annoying crash animations in the middle of the game and then I might actually change my mind about this game.

Alexc12fr
11-21-2010, 08:18 AM
That's awesome! Now we gotta get a No CD hack made, get rid of the annoying crash animations in the middle of the game and then I might actually change my mind about this game.
No CD hack? lol
Warez

McLaren_3Dcm
11-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Thats just great work Racer_S!!!
One qestion, is there a way to hide HUD somehow?

optimus prime
11-21-2010, 08:42 AM
No CD hack? lol
Warez

Warez? How about I don't feel like having to put scratches on my CD every time I take it out of the box? Or hearing the CD drive spin up every once in a while? Or being able to take my laptop anywhere without having to carry the CD with me.

MasterAssassin713
11-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Or being able to take my laptop anywhere without having to carry the CD with me.

I feel the same way. Gaming on a laptop sucks when you have to carry around all your game disks everywhere you go. Really kills the mobility aspect of a laptop.

Alexc12fr
11-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Warez? How about I don't feel like having to put scratches on my CD every time I take it out of the box? Or hearing the CD drive spin up every once in a while? Or being able to take my laptop anywhere without having to carry the CD with me.
If the copy is original, there isn't any problem. ;)

HWBURNR
11-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Amazing good job

NAMETYR
11-21-2010, 11:18 AM

How about you don't even need to put the CD in to play? :P

If the copy is original, there isn't any problem. ;)

That

APBOYZ
11-21-2010, 12:05 PM
wow this is realy nice!

pavvell
11-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Good work, Thank You.
I have one problem, normaly i have 60fps but when a turn on the mod fps going down to 15fps, somebody know why and how fix it ?

ksm314
11-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Apparently I don't need the disc to run the game...

am I really the odd one out?
Anyway amazing mod! Although I haven't try it yet

Chevelless
11-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Though still a bit lag with the newer version on my HD5770, awesome work anyway! Thank you for sharing

volve87645
11-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Thank you for sharing Racer_S.

I expect someone release Traffic Density Hack.
NFS series always like a ghost town :\

Bumblebee7113
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
damn...not even a week out and already a mod...

HazewinDog
11-23-2010, 03:49 AM
@Chevelless: I got a 5770 too, but i didnt notice any framedrops. Maybe it did drop a bit, but not noticable then.

@Racer_S: Could you add a key to switch how fast the camera moves? like 1x, 2x, 4x... That would be really useful for me :)

Racer_S
11-23-2010, 04:13 AM
@hazewindog, already ahead of you!

I was going to add option to hide the HUD and also a key to bring up the map with a point showing where you are.

I know theres fps problem for some users, no idea whats causing it yet because I cant reproduce it my end. But I'll clean up the code a bit and hope it helps!

HazewinDog
11-23-2010, 04:14 AM
@hazewindog, already ahead of you!

I was going to add option to hide the HUD and also a key to bring up the map with a point showing where you are.
Awesome :) Youre the best!

clunk02
11-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Hey Racer_S

Firslty thanx for the mods!! they are great and I seem to love this game now! :D I'm actually having a problem using the camera hack!! its like...the camera bounces back everytime I accelerate and goes forward when I break. is there any option to lock the camera? because the video shows the camera to be still in a specific place!! and I'm not able to get that! please help me! thanx in advance !

Hey Racer_S. Nevermind.. I figured it out :)

Btw it would be awesome if you release a working speedometer mod with the camera hack !

Blues
11-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey Racer_S you did a nice job!
and I also think that EA, wanted to get the game out as soon as possible... unfortunately always...

Racer_S
11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
a bit off-topic but, ive been tinkering with the game a bit, i found a way to increase / decrease the traffic density..

heavy traffic:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2lc72af.jpg

also i found a way to race any car on any race by changing which car spawns

this game uses LUA scripts and if there is a BNDL extractor at some point I can imagine there being a possibilty of making custom missions.

I only played with SpawnVehicle and SetTrafficDensity functions so far.

I dont plan on implementing these features in this camhack though, maybe if I made a separate trainer?

I just thought it would be fun.

CVPI19
11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
a bit off-topic but, ive been tinkering with the game a bit, i found a way to increase / decrease the traffic density..

heavy traffic:

this game uses LUA scripts and if here is a BNDL extractor at some point I can imagine there being a possibilty of making custom missions.

I dont plan on implementing these features in this camhack though, maybe if I made a separate trainer?

Do you think there will be a vehicle hack to allow the traffic cars to be driven or even the helicopter and a new copter mover like Most Wanted & Carbon to make the game even more fun or no?

Sir Tristan
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM

heavy traffic:

this game uses LUA scripts and if there is a BNDL extractor at some point I can imagine there being a possibilty of making custom missions.

YES! You're the best man. Absolutely.

TruePro
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
YES! You're the best man. Absolutely.

Word.

offtopic: BTW do the cars have horns?

Double Mac
11-23-2010, 11:38 AM

You never EVER fail to impress! Do you see a quick race editor (with selectable opponent cars and optionally time-of-day & weather settings) as a possibility?

It most certainly would! Whatever you got, well take and find some use for it! :D

() Do the cars have horns?

Only the Miura, Im afraid.

racer90
11-23-2010, 11:44 AM
@TruePro
[nope.avi] only traffic cars :(

@Racer_S
can't wait for your future mods!
only a little question: can you make the controls for the camhack customizable? i've got a non-us-layout keyboard and thus some keys won't work

TruePro
11-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Horn sounds would be fun with multiplayer. Is there a possibility, Racer_S, that you could get a 'horn mod' to work?

Blues
11-23-2010, 12:51 PM

heavy traffic:

wow very nice hack Racer_S :)

Just wondering, do you think is it possible to allow AI cop cars in hot pursuit mode?
also take a look on this topic:
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29688

HazewinDog
11-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Awesome work as usual, Racer_S. I wonder if you (or otherwise one of us :P) could try if when you increase the traffic density a lot, it will affect the road like in real life? (as here: http://www.amsterdampost.nl/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/File-2.jpg)

ksm314
11-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Traffic jams! It sure does look hilarious during pursuits...

volve87645
11-23-2010, 06:17 PM

heavy traffic:

Awesome! :o
Thanks again for your works. Can't wait for hot pursuit in heavy traffic.

Sorrysoldout
11-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Awesome, awesome work Racer_S. Thank you for the work you have done on past NFS Games and work you are doing now. I absolutely love the in car view... the only problem is the textures are mostly low resolution inside the car. Time to start another texture mod :D

HazewinDog
11-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Awesome, awesome work Racer_S. Thank you for the work you have done on past NFS Games and work you are doing now. I absolutely love the in car view... the only problem is the textures are mostly low resolution inside the car. Time to start another texture mod :D
The convertibles look a lot better inside the car ;)

karljacent
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
yes it drops so far its unplayable any way to fix this great mod by the way

nebura
11-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Any news of traffic density hack ?

Martin the hedgehog
11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Any news of traffic density hack ?

Lol, wut?
I think it's has no chance to be created.
But it's only IMO, I'm not sure, but I didn't seen any news about it...

luchadolittle
11-28-2010, 06:15 AM
does it work on latest patch? cuz a patch has been released

ksm314
11-28-2010, 07:13 AM
I tried it and it still works, sadly the computer I am playing with lags the game horribly

luchadolittle
11-30-2010, 03:40 AM
I tried it and it still works, sadly the computer I am playing with lags the game horribly

doesnt work on mine, im talking about ver 1.0.1.0 not 1.0.0.0
edit: got it to work, but had a fps drop, could play it but was a little laggy, my com reaches the reconmand requirement for this game but still lags, can u improve alittle on it?

Racer_S
12-02-2010, 06:30 AM
NFSHP Camera Hack Updated to v1.03

http://i56.tinypic.com/j7ddky.jpg

- What's new in v1.03 on 12/2/10?
*Added support for patch 1
*Added Map (M key)
*Added ability to toggle HUD (Numpad 7 key)
*Camera Lock now behaves like Free Look
*Pressing Right Shift key makes camera movement 10x faster
*Possibly fixed some slowdown issues
*DLL now exits properly
*Fixed some flickering textures?

Download (http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=64)

HazewinDog
12-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Ill be testing! Sounds perfect, Racer_S ;)

ksm314
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
- What's new in v1.03 on 12/2/10?

(...)

*Possibly fixed some slowdown issues
That's what I'm talking about! Haven't try it though... :rolleyes5

HazewinDog
12-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Ok i see i cant test this mod at the moment, because of my damned pc... I had a blue screen of death :/

redishoti
12-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Huh.. 'til the v1.02a working perfectly.. but im get a "send error relatory" with the v1.03

Happens after the main menu. :(

I've tried with game version 1.0 and 1.0.1

redishoti
12-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Damn..
A buddy tests the v1.03 and works on him game...
I'll try reinstall :(

optimus prime
12-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Is it possible to add a button that will let you switch to the back view? I realize that there is a mirror but sometimes it's useful to be able to see the whole picture.

Awesome work btw!

APBOYZ
12-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Hello Guys! My game crashes when I run it ,maybe you know how to fix it? I have moved everything in the folder.. :(

Racer_S
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
dont forget to edit the game vesion setting, if you are using original unpatched game GAMEVERSION=0 if using patch1 GAMEVERSION=1

luchadolittle
12-05-2010, 12:41 AM
is thr anyway to make it stop at FPS view? cuz i moved to FPS view but when my car accelerates the camera suddenly goes backworks and u see the eyes and the camera is on the roof n shit

ksm314
12-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Do the FPS mod on the hood view, that should help

luchadolittle
12-05-2010, 04:28 AM
Do the FPS mod on the hood view, that should help

tnks!!!
the lag is also fixed! nw i only have a FPS drop like by 1 or 2

smilingfrog
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I did the same a few times just for fun, but probably by way of a different method than yours. Yours sounds a bit more elegant. :-) Just beware of switching from cop to racer or vice versa in certain challenges or the challenge might end prematurely as soon as the intro sequence ends and the game detects that there are no cops/racers left (oops).

I'm new to the NFS community but have been modding Burnout Paradise a fair bit with the Burnout Paradise Vanity Pack, including vehicle and world texture changes, language changes and the making of a few custom challenges (all of which required extraction and creation of bundle files). This sounds like an exciting possibilty for NFSHP and I'd be happy to lend some assistance.

I only played with SpawnVehicle and SetTrafficDensity functions so far.Are you doing this in LUA, assembler or something else? I've seen definitions for a bunch of functions but breakpoints set in them were never hit. I must've been going down the wrong trail...

X-Nemesis
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I did the same a few times just for fun, but probably by way of a different method than yours. Yours sounds a bit more elegant. :-) Just beware of switching from cop to racer or vice versa in certain challenges or the challenge might end prematurely as soon as the intro sequence ends and the game detects that there are no cops/racers left (oops).

I'm new to the NFS community but have been modding Burnout Paradise a fair bit with the Burnout Paradise Vanity Pack, including vehicle and world texture changes, language changes and the making of a few custom challenges (all of which required extraction and creation of bundle files). This sounds like an exciting possibilty for NFSHP and I'd be happy to lend some assistance.

Are you doing this in LUA, assembler or something else? I've seen definitions for a bunch of functions but breakpoints set in them were never hit. I must've been going down the wrong trail...

Hello, smilingfrog.

Maybe you should talk with iOrange (he is working on a tool that can export/import stuff in the bundle files of NFS HP) and Oleg (he is making a geometry filter for Zmod2) over here http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=4921&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 , since you are used to these types of files you could give a hand to them. ;)

Racer_S
12-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Are you doing this in LUA, assembler or something else? I've seen definitions for a bunch of functions but breakpoints set in them were never hit. I must've been going down the wrong trail...

I'm doing this in Cheat Engine and IDA Pro.

if you search for the text string in IDA (after youve dumped and loaded the exe) you will get the address for each function. (v1.0.1.0 of the game)

eg; for SetTrafficDensity you end up here:
.rdata:00C67E74 aSettrafficdens db 'SetTrafficDensity',0 ; DATA XREF: sub_54BFE0+3B9

now if you double-click on 'sub_54BFE0' youll end up here:

.text:0054C394 push offset loc_53FF70
.text:0054C399 push offset aSettrafficdens ; "SetTrafficDensity"

at this location is a big list of all available function so really all you need is the above offset (54C399) to find all the function code.

this basically says the sub is at 53FF70, if you set a bp at 53FF70 it will hit when loading a race.

when it does hit, if you copy the address of edi, add 0x10 and this will be the first parameter (as double floating point) add 0x10 and this is the second parameter, and so on..

with the bp still hit if you edit the parameters and continue, it will use the new parameter instead of what it was suppose to be.

for SetTrafficDensity there is only one param and it always seems to be 1.0, try 5.0 for some heavy traffic

SpawnVehicle has like 7-8 parameters, one of them is the car id and is always a 6 digit number, others are the position, rotation and some unknowns

for testing:
383354 revention
380673 zonda

so that was my way.

there is enough information here to write some sort of script hook, but I dont have enough dedication to do so myself

p.s. you might want to force the game into a window with "dxwnd" app to make things easier, for some reason this isnt working with camhack though, so make sure you dont have it installed

3ni_2nr
12-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks Racer_S

topgear000
01-22-2011, 01:24 AM
i downloaded it but when i got to the main game menu where you select career the game crashed
Why?

APBOYZ
01-22-2011, 03:32 AM
I updated my game and it won`t work so thats realy bad for me :(

Ultimate_X
01-22-2011, 05:31 AM
I updated my game and it won`t work so thats realy bad for me :(
Same here, I patched my game too, and the current version of Racer S NFSHP Camera Hack wont work on version 1.0.2.0. :(

topgear000
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
can you send me the working file Racer S?

my E-Mail is topgear000@hotmail.com

If you can, thank you :)

mazdarati2
05-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Can i use it with patch 4?

APBOYZ
05-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Can i use it with patch 4?

nope it don`t work with patch, it just work with original game with no patches.

HazewinDog
05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
ok this doesnt seem too well!

HazewinDog
05-17-2011, 11:13 AM
or apparently its a dumb fake...