View Full Version : Own music in the game (PC)

pavvell
11-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Hi.

How to add own soundtrack?, in which folder should be located?

Sir Tristan
11-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Easy steps for ANY game own music:

1. Disable in-game music
2. Gather your own soudtrack. Even a chosen YouTube playlist will work.
3. Play it in the background and play the game.

No additional software of pissing about with copying mp3s etc.

I think Imma play HP2 music to it to evoke my memories best - the default music is alright, but not my memories.

EvilSonic151
11-20-2010, 06:02 AM
^ It's the best option ;)

pavvell
11-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Right, but i think somewhere is option to change a playlist,something like ,customize soundtrack, because in sound settings is description "Change the sound settings and a playlist" Thank You.

OZ
11-20-2010, 12:55 PM
i don't recall burnout having custom tracks, have you tried finding the audio folder on the game and take a look at its contents? maybe it can help you somehow...

ElvenAvenger
11-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Last time i checked, the directory of the game will need some software to "open".

I went in searching for vehicles hoping there would be some hints of DLC, or maybe unreleased vehicles....something that hexeditors could work on but Criterion didn't leave any obvious hints.

I checked SOUND folder and there were only random encrypted files..archives or whatever. Not something that is easy to open.

TruePro
11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Easy steps for ANY game own music:

1. Disable in-game music
2. Gather your own soudtrack. Even a chosen YouTube playlist will work.
3. Play it in the background and play the game.

No additional software of pissing about with copying mp3s etc.

I think Imma play HP2 music to it to evoke my memories best - the default music is alright, but not my memories.

That's exactly what I do, lol. But these days I'm actually finding racing and playing without background music gives me the real feel. Like music with nfs shift and forza type stuff is lame.