View Full Version : NFSHP WheelFix + ManualMod v1.0

Racer_S
11-20-2010, 11:36 AM
This mod will fix some issues with steering wheels and allow Manual Gears.

Steering issues resolved:
DeadZone is eliminated and steering is now 1:1 and unfiltered
FFB Constant Force is utilized via angular velocity (not perfect but feels better?)

NFS Hot Pursuit Wheel Manual Mod v1.0

Download
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=65#

Please take a look at the INI and readme before asking questions.

If using this for steering wheel, be sure its the only game device connected. Other controllers may cause conflicts and crash or have undesired effects. Manual Gear can be used with just keyboard or gamepads.

Tested on a Logitech G25.

Sir Tristan
11-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I haven't got HP yet - but you sir, are a notable NFS nobility.

You're the best. I would PAY for those mods, man!

TruePro
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
You are changing my mind about buying this game. Man you are a genious!

No pressure man, but can you also post a video of the manual transmission? I don't have the game yet, so I can't test it.

lockierasec
11-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Youre Greatest Sir Racer_S !!! You Fixing all that things that EA fu*** up :Facepalm: They shoud pay You for Your MEGA job and take You to dev. crew making patch for game ;) they can learn from You how made games properly :)

Ps.Camera mod is AWESOME !!! Thanks for that !!!
Ps2.Can You do the mod for change wheather and time in free roam ;-) :D 8) - i would to permanently turn off the rain feature (with no rain visible only sound heard:P )

nebura
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
That's great work. But it doesn't work in WinXP...
Camera Hack also doesn't work.

Only supports Win7 ?

Racer_S
11-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Ive just made some major updates to both mods..

redownload and try again, post your results.

I haven't tested with XP yet but no reason it shouldn't work

nebura
11-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Ive just made some major updates to both mods..

redownload and try again, post your results.

I haven't tested with XP yet but no reason it shouldn't work

Both works perfectly. Thanks for update Racer_S ! :)

Drift King of Tokyo
11-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Cant wait to put this in my game when i get it! You really did something awesome! I knew mods will make the game better. lets keep making mods to make this a better game. A REAL NFS.

RSR™
11-21-2010, 08:15 AM
u always made cool tools for the nfs community & this one is no exception.

joy1
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Can the handling be completely changed more like NFS Hot Pursuit 2 or Most Wanted type ?

HazewinDog
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Youre Greatest Sir Racer_S !!! You Fixing all that things that EA fu*** up :Facepalm:
Please dont say EA ffed this up...

ps: Im going to try the manual gearbox :)

SubyRS
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
But EA DID ef it up. And all this user mod work to fix a problem that some people here said did not exist in the PC version. Even when other websites were reporting there were dead zone and steering lag problems. For shame. Why misslead people like that? Don't expect people to believe your views in the future. (I could post links but you know who you are)

And thanks to Racer_S for the mod. I don't have the PC game and I gave away the PS3 version. But maybe some day I'll buy it when it is $9. But still, NFS with weapons and voice chat? Not any roots I remember. Very, very childish game (with lousey control too).

HazewinDog
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I just make a quick video which shows this mod works perfectly - Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpp6l9pRpQ4

Racer_S
11-21-2010, 06:43 PM
looks like you might be using and older version in that video or there is some bug, it shifts a lot smoother now and doesnt skip gears

Freak-DS
11-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Finally, a manual transmission. Great!

HazewinDog
11-22-2010, 03:59 AM
looks like you might be using and older version in that video or there is some bug, it shifts a lot smoother now and doesnt skip gears
I skipped gears ;) I wanted to show clearly it really works.

ps: Ill add some annotations then ;)

edit: Try my video now ;)

joy1
11-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Racer_S can u make the handling like Most Wanted and still keep Automatic Gears to be playable with keyboard.

Handling & lack of AA are the only thing that's ruining this game I believe.

HazewinDog
11-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Tbh i dont like Most Wanted's handling at all. Id rather have Underground 2's or World's handling then. Anyway, i think it would be a long project cuz all cars handle different and there will also be (a) main file(s) to edit.

joy1
11-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Anyone of those would do , its better than this Ridge Racer handling :P

HazewinDog
11-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Haha yes ridge racer :P

SubyRS
11-22-2010, 11:07 AM
I can't even fathom how someone could turn a racer with no manual transmission into one that enables it. Was it in the code somewhere and just dissabled for the console FPS kiddies?

Also, how does the steering lag fix work with both a wheel and a game pad? Thanks for the vid HazewinDog. Could you make one showing the reaction time between the steering wheel to the movement on screen? Or even with a gamepad in the same view as the video screen?

SLZ Roadstar
11-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Now it makes the game somewhat worthwhile to play. Thanks a lot Racer_S.

Double Mac
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I can't even fathom how someone could turn a racer with no manual transmission into one that enables it. Was it in the code somewhere and just dissabled for the console FPS kiddies?

If I had to guess, I’d say that the tool simply intercepts a memory value and “holds” it without giving the app a chance to alter anything before it receives manual input from the player via a custom key. As “magical” as it sounds (and as admirable as it is, of course) this wouldn’t be the first time, really. There are manual transmission (and gas consumption) hacks for GTA SA, for instance.

Racer_S has done a great camera hack (complete with a speedo, I think) for that game as well. And his take on the concept for MW is simply spectacular! I particularly appreciate the fact that you can assign custom angles to the keys of your choice and recall them at any time, allowing for smooth camera sweeps.

Something like that should be included in every racing game as a default, “factory” feature, if you ask me.

HazewinDog
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
How does the steering lag fix work with both a wheel and a game pad? Thanks for the vid HazewinDog. Could you make one showing the reaction time between the steering wheel to the movement on screen? Or even with a gamepad in the same view as the video screen?
Well i only have a keyboard (and a ps3 controller which wont work on my pc :beadyeyes), but maybe someone else can make one?

joy1
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
PS3's dual shock 3 controller does works on PC , Google around u will found how..

I have played PES on PC with it , works perfect but w/o any vibration.Get a 360 wired controller they are pretty cheap as well.

Only 1 day to go for GT5 , can't bloody wait. :D

HazewinDog
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I tried to play Fifa with it and i followed at least 6 different tutorials, but none work. Anyway nevermind it, i dont really need that ps3 controller to work on my pc ;)

SubyRS
11-23-2010, 03:58 PM
PS3's dual shock 3 controller does works on PC , Google around u will found how..

I have played PES on PC with it , works perfect but w/o any vibration.Get a 360 wired controller they are pretty cheap as well.

Only 1 day to go for GT5 , can't bloody wait. :D

GT5 is due out this week? That means I can allready get it early......just called. Yep it's out now. I should have kept HP3 for a trade in.:Facepalm:

OZ
11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
GT5 is due out this week? That means I can allready get it early......just called. Yep it's out now. I should have kept HP3 for a trade in.:Facepalm:

man... you surprised me for not knowing gt would be released this week. Some shops were delivering it last week already, and there were tons of videos from it on youtube.

SubyRS
11-23-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't follow video games and release dates in general. I usually find out about a games existence by a demo release. I didn't even know the HP3 demo was out until a week after it was released. GT5 I just thought was going to be next spring last I remember reading. NFS is the only racer I've "followed" over the years.

Racer_S
11-25-2010, 07:55 AM
heres a nice video i found showing this mod in action with a wheel, notice how sensitive the steering is compared to without the mod

with mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j9F64KrLPA

without mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feCcoJff7yY

Alexc12fr
11-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Good work.

HazewinDog
11-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I got my hands on a steering wheel, but now i tried to play the game using your mod, it crashes directly (no error).

So after that i tried editing some stuff in your .ini and it turns out the game only works when "USEFFB=0" and not when "USEFFB=1".

I dont know if this happens to more people, but i would like to get this fixed at either side. :)