View Full Version : NFS Crashes with custom cars (full bracket)

FstrthnU
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Exactly what the title says. I've tried to put custom cars into my NFSHP2 installation. When I run the cars solo and one on one, they work fine. However, when I try to run a full bracket, the game crashes. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I know that each of the modified cars work on their own, and I've modified every car in the folder.
I get this error:
rendermethod.cpp
Line 1572
Expression: streams

Also later, I've tried running it with just modified Lamborghinis and Ferraris, and it still happened

LamboLuver
01-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I have had this exact same problem as well. Each car works on its own, but when they are altogether, the game crashes.

I believe this has something to do with the fact that you are loading a ton of cars that are MUCH higher poly than the game intended. When the game is trying to load your car and all the other very-high poly cars of your opponents, it crashes. I am not sure if there is any fix to this, but currently I just have only about half of my cars replaced so it runs without errors :\

RSR™
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
some custom cars are much compared to what the game engine can handle. you can either run races with 1,2,3 people or Full Grid (all have the same car)

Vanexroxics
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
i'm pretty sure there's a poly limit on how many high-quality cars can be raced.

full grid race (8 racers) with DanR's Viper ACR worked for me. but not for WESTBLADE's Enzo. :S