View Full Version : Anyone experiencing online players hacking?

ksm314
12-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Not sure if I should have started this thread... Anyway I just try to keep things short

Yesterday I just started to play online (got bored with career) and;

1) I made a "friend" where he had his event (races, hot pursuit, interceptor and ect.) done in 2 seconds. Which means it is technically impossible to beat him in the autolog recommends... :\

2) I was racing with a guy (it was darius with numbers behind the name) in hot pursuit and his car glitches everywhere rapidly and randomly (includes going into the ground) as if in berserk mode and had a hard time ending him as a cop. What made me more dumb was that it was only us two, so I guess he was having fun glitching. :'(

Anyone experiencing the above with friends or during online game-play? Just curious.

HSVrules
12-30-2010, 03:54 AM
The first one i haven't had any encounter with as I only have like 1 friend atm and he kinda sucks. The second one however, I have encountered this many times. But I don't think this is a matter of glitching but a matter of them having a massively poor connection and at that, kinda ruining the online experience.

I cant be totally sure. Though the Friends one does sound like outright hacks. So, yeah.

340SixPack
12-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Luckily, I know that online gaming reeks of failfaggotry, so I stray away from it.

nfslover101
12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
The first one i haven't had any encounter with as I only have like 1 friend atm and he kinda sucks. The second one however, I have encountered this many times. But I don't think this is a matter of glitching but a matter of them having a massively poor connection and at that, kinda ruining the online experience.

I cant be totally sure. Though the Friends one does sound like outright hacks. So, yeah.

The first people have mastered to cheat with. There are things called lag switches which make you more or less hard to hit / kill / pass in online games. Don't ask me how they work, but I know its possible.

luchadolittle
12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
The first people have mastered to cheat with. There are things called lag switches which make you more or less hard to hit / kill / pass in online games. Don't ask me how they work, but I know its possible.

lag switches are only on xbox 360, there is no such thing on PC

ksm314
12-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Well I just experienced another race online with that wuatevah lag switches on a PC today...

roadspike
12-31-2010, 04:05 AM
I have had an experience with a racer with infinite spike strips recently. He turned the road into a sea of spikes. Can't remember the name.

quangnhathang
12-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Probably they use trainers to have an event done in 2 seconds or to have infinite spike strips.

ksm314
12-31-2010, 08:37 PM
I have had an experience with a racer with infinite spike strips recently. He turned the road into a sea of spikes.

You mean the reload of the spikes was almost immediate?

luchadolittle
12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Well I just experienced another race online with that wuatevah lag switches on a PC today...

lag switch is to made the person who is racing with him lag not the himself, its probrably his shitty dial up connection

KF72
01-01-2011, 01:33 AM
lag switches are only on xbox 360, there is no such thing on PC

You obviously don't know what a lag switch is. It more or less interrupts the circuit within the Ethernet cable. As long as you have Ethernet (or another similar cable type), you can have a lag switch.

5gE-ihY_EG0

This obviously states that a lag switch may be made on a Cat-5 cable. Ethernet uses Cat-5 cable.

ksm314
01-01-2011, 05:00 AM
It still doesn't explain (to me) how the cars glitch into space and underground... Is this problem more on software rather than hardware?