View Full Version : Car class mistakes/missing cars

Sir Tristan
01-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Guys, I played NFS HP on the PS3. And the biggest problem was not the catch-up, or the weapons, or the nitrous.

It was the car classification and missing cars. They made a lot of stupid mistakes there, which wouldn't be that visible if the car classes weren't so strictly separated. In HP2 PC there were events which had cars from different classes race, and that was brilliant.

Missing cars: all absent coupé versions, Audi R8 4.2 FSI (Performance Class), Audi RS5 (Performance Class) - both instead of TT-RS which should be moved down, maybe with a 3.2 V6 convertible alternative. Normal DB9. SL63, probably. Normal C6. Zonda F (WTF is up with 4 versions all of which the same edition). BMW M5.

Car classes: move TT-RS down. Give R8 V8 or RS5. Move Corvette Grand Sport's *** back down to earth (Performance class) instead of having it race a 918. Move 918 up. Move Zonda up to Hyper, make Zonda F in Exotic. Move 8C up to Super. DBS maybe to Exotic, give DB9. SL65 Black should really be in Exotic. Give a damn Racer Z06.

This should about fix it, plus make more permeable car classes for a Zonda vs Koenigsegg showdown, a LP670 SV facing a Veyron (seen that comparison before and it works) etc.

KF72
01-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Add me on PSN: Frostfire612

On topic: As well as what you said, the M6 should be moved down.

Sir Tristan
01-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Add me on PSN: Frostfire612

On topic: As well as what you said, the M6 should be moved down.

I will, as soon as I get my PS3 dude, that'll be about February.

And agreed. If the classes were more flexible, in some races that M6 could compete with some Super cars in some races. But not at all times.

HP's opponents in Single Player are set out anyway, so I don't see why they shouldn't put an XKR and Masers against Super contenders in some races.

The most ridiculous placement is the C6 Grand Sport, hands down. A Z06 belongs there, and C6 should be in Performance. It's not even debatable - every statistic says LOLNO to its Super status.

luchadolittle
01-02-2011, 07:32 AM
I will, as soon as I get my PS3 dude, that'll be about February.

And agreed. If the classes were more flexible, in some races that M6 could compete with some Super cars in some races. But not at all times.

HP's opponents in Single Player are set out anyway, so I don't see why they shouldn't put an XKR and Masers against Super contenders in some races.

The most ridiculous placement is the C6 Grand Sport, hands down. A Z06 belongs there, and C6 should be in Performance. It's not even debatable - every statistic says LOLNO to its Super status.

so basically u want to comment on something b4 u get the game?

Sir Tristan
01-02-2011, 08:00 AM
so basically u want to comment on something b4 u get the game?

No, I played it on my cousin's PS3 and we finished it. So I have a valid opinion based on long hours of gameplay.

And the thread is about car classes. While they're at it, MP4-12C being moved down wouldn't hurt - or just have Superleggeras racing it sometimes if classes were more flexible.

KF72
01-02-2011, 11:42 AM
No, I played it on my cousin's PS3 and we finished it. So I have a valid opinion based on long hours of gameplay.

And the thread is about car classes. While they're at it, MP4-12C being moved down wouldn't hurt - or just have Superleggeras racing it sometimes if classes were more flexible.

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. The MP4-12C does great in its class, its really one of the better cars for races and time trials.

Sir Tristan
01-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm going to have to disagree on this one. The MP4-12C does great in its class, its really one of the better cars for races and time trials.

I guess the 458 Italia and the McLaren raised the game in junior Supercars. Nevertheless, I would totally like to see it compete with an SLS, for example. SL65 Black also belongs in Exotics.

You're probably right on the McLaren but more flexible classes should allow for Superleggera, turbo S and SLS to compete with it in some races. Similar power, different approach = great race.

And I waited so long for C6 vs 911 - but I didn't expect that 911 to be a damn turbo with a good 130 horses more. Z06 and Turbo were great in HP2, why not carry that over?

And RS5 and R8 should find their way in there pronto, to replace the hard-trying TT-RS which belongs fighting Porsche and BMW's small coupés and roadsters.

Maybe give a second nature to TT? A 3.2 Convertible would be a welcome GT-style contrast IMO - make that slightly more durable and lose less speed in scraping and you have a 'more comfortable ride' illustrated as an alternative to hardcore. Also police-exclusive Coupés are a big, big no-no.

This game has big potential and it's a shame the classes are so confined.

Zpectre
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Relax... The list is still better than what Atari came up with for TDU2.

Sir Tristan
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Relax... The list is still better than what Atari came up with for TDU2.

Dude, the list is great. Just misplaced cars everywhere.

TDU2 car list is a giant failure and display of immaturity of the manufacturers.