View Full Version : NFS Hot pursuit Offline mode highly dissapointing.

absclaw gt
02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
well, many may disagree but the offline mode isn't really up to the mark. :Facepalm:
First almost all the fun lies in the online mode as if the developers did so intentionally. :(
Then, it appears as if the game is advertising all the sports car brands with price tags and punch lines which make anyone feel more like playing a promotional game for a company than a need for speed series game. Also the driving experience is a bit drab with time penalties for small collisions which drains out the thrill and enjoyment from the game.

Even though the game scores on the graphic front with cutting edge realistic visual effects, there is something to it which doesn't allow me to think of it as truly a member of Need for Speed game. I find the older versions much better.
It's my opinion, feel free to comment on it or correct it.

Ultimate_X
02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
And so, what do you think about the Freedrive in Hot Pursuit? Aside from races, there is a freedrive in this game as well. In my opinion Freedrive's a nice thing unless you enjoy the scenery and the beauty of Seacrest County.

absclaw gt
02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
first of all Hey man! nice to hear from you, how's life going? What you said is indeed true, freedrive is a really good concept and the overall appeal of the game is quite nice but then certain limitations do exist though not many. Probably I got carried away saying it's highly disappointing..its a beautiful game that's for sure.

Ultimate_X
02-19-2011, 12:04 AM
first of all Hey man! nice to hear from you, how's life going? What you said is indeed true, freedrive is a really good concept and the overall appeal of the game is quite nice but then certain limitations do exist though not many. Probably I got carried away saying it's highly disappointing..its a beautiful game that's for sure.
It's fine anyways. ;) And yeah, despite the lack of features in Hot Pursuit, the appearance of the game is quite nice. But I still enjoy it if not the best NFS out there. And my favorite NFS is Hot Pursuit 2 on PlayStation 2.

FstrthnU
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I think the main problems are the handling still intruding on the driving experience and the lack of a city environment (unlike TDU2). It's just not possible to cruise around when you're trying to wrestle the car to take corners because of massive understeer; there's also not enough slalom areas or tight corners. This is why I'd prefer EA to just trash freedrive next time and just stick with premade tracks like the old NFS games, that way they can make the races better and not worry about making it cruisable.

Smitha6
07-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Personally I think the handling in HP2010 is amazing, I have no problems driving, take corners amazingly and its so much fun! I think this is the best handling game they have made!

CVPI19
08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Smitha6 welcome to the boards but don't you know how old this thread is its 7 months old please don't bump old threads.

TOPIC LOCKED