View Full Version : Top Speed bugs

KrazyBoy
03-14-2011, 07:34 AM
As we know, the Porsche Boxster Spyder in it has atop speed of 166 mph. But while I was racing with it, I ran over the top speed like around 177 mph and it gone 7th gear! This 7th gear happened while I drove Boxster, Impreza, One-77, Z4, Carrera GT etc. This is a serious problem and has to be fixed!

Martin the hedgehog
03-14-2011, 08:35 AM
This game has no top speed limit.
It uses RPM limit instead. ;)

ElvenAvenger
03-14-2011, 09:50 AM
The 7th gear, higher than real top speed etc. are all there in case you were going downhill or using nitrous, to allow you to go beyond what a car can do usually.

Freak-DS
03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
All cars have 7 gears - somebody had a hard time counting lol.

Ultimate_X
03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
All cars have 7 gears - somebody had a hard time counting lol.
Well, except for the Mclaren F1 (I think) - which only has 6 gears in HP2010. Correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Same thing happened to me when I drive the Mclaren F1 which has a top speed of 240 mph, but while racing I ran the top speed of over 250 mph.

FstrthnU
04-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Well of course, if you use nitrous, then you get that overboosted top speed (in red) which only lasts a couple seconds. It's probably the way they coded the speedo. It's like when you push a car past the top speed in the speedometer, except the developers obviously want you to still see your speed past the rated top speed.

FstrthnU
04-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Well of course, if you use nitrous, then you get that overboosted top speed (in red) which only lasts a couple seconds. It's probably the way they coded the speedo. It's like when you push a car past the top speed in the speedometer, except the developers obviously want you to still see your speed past the rated top speed.

By pushing past the speedometer, I mean in cars with swapped/modified engines, not a factory car magically breaking its normal speed barrier