View Full Version : And the Ferraris?

LoLZeR
03-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Is anyone missing Ferrari in Hot Pursuit? I really wanted to see them in the game.

What do you think?

FOX
03-15-2011, 07:02 AM
We already have a metric ****tonne of them in NFSMW so no, I don't miss any Ferraris.
And they went full retard in TDU2, as not a single one is tunable performance-wise.

Competizione
03-15-2011, 07:07 AM
meh ferraris... maybe a 458 would've been cool but I don't exactly care
They should've put in the Ascari A10 IMO

Vanexroxics
03-15-2011, 07:28 AM
there's one simple reason why Ferraris aren't there.

damage.

and I couldn't really care about it anyway, we have like a ****load of it in older games.

Aussiepride2011
03-15-2011, 07:33 AM
i miss the Ferrari's in hp

Alexc12fr
03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
We already have a metric ****tonne of them in NFSMW so no, I don't miss any Ferraris.
and I couldn't really care about it anyway, we have like a ****load of it in older games.
Right.

LoLZeR
03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
i wanted the Ferraris in HP, not to be converted to MW, theres a huge list aleready

ElvenAvenger
03-15-2011, 10:57 AM
There's no Ferraris because everyone knows that if there were some i would make it a point to smash every single Ferrari available in the game and post screenshots.

No, they just want to show their cars as indestructible, already perfect performance wise cars that never crash, never get into trouble with cops, and are the best.

(Offtopic: For me the Ferrari brand ended sometime after 360 Modena, i never liked any of the new Ferraris since then.)

POMELO
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
And the Ferraris?

The Ferraris suck.

Freak-DS
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not missing Ferrari in any way.

Sir Tristan
03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/california/california_20101004_1.jpg
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/458/458_20100819_3.jpg
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/458/458_20100815_2.jpg

TruePro
03-15-2011, 01:00 PM

damage.

I highly doubt that damage is the reason. Ever heard of Ferrari Virtual Racing game? It's a free game that's lisenced by Ferrari. It's fun as hell. Anyways, that game has better physics and damage than Shift. I believe they aren't allowing EA to use Ferraris in their games is because... they're EA. They first stopped putting Ferraris ever since UG came out, because Ferrari did not want their cars to be abused with kits, rims, scoops, wings, etc.

Sir Tristan
03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I highly doubt that damage is the reason. Ever heard of Ferrari Virtual Racing game? It's a free game that's lisenced by Ferrari. It's fun as hell. Anyways, that game has better physics and damage than Shift. I believe they aren't allowing EA to use Ferraris in their games is because... they're EA. They first stopped putting Ferraris ever since UG came out, because Ferrari did not want their cars to be abused with kits, rims, scoops, wings, etc.

Reason 'Damage' contradicted. Reason 'customization' proposed.

NFS Hot Pursuit has none. It was in NFS Shift. X360 only.

So they like Microsoft, eh? Not PC, their main seller. OK, Sony is bad... Shitload of Ferrari in GT5

No matter what theory you make, you won't decypher their 'logic'. It's just stupid.

AJ_Lethal
03-15-2011, 01:58 PM

they are dicks.

Reason fixed.

Sir Tristan
03-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Reason fixed.

Beautiful.

Personally I use 'pretentious pricks', sir. But this is brilliant.

ElvenAvenger
03-15-2011, 03:01 PM
If GT5 has F50/F40/F355/Testarossa then its WIN for me.

Gran Turismo for PSP has a ferrari but unfortunately its Enzo, and their 2007 F1 vehicle. Both of which are ugly as hell imo.

Anyway, i doubt we will ever see Ferrari in NFS again.

RacingFreak
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
If you remember correctly, NFS 3 and NFS 4 NEVER had Ferraris in Hot Pursuit mode, just in other modes.

That`s why ;)

Chase_UC
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
who's need a Ferrari when you can have a Lamborghini?

LoLZeR
03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
who's need a Ferrari when you can have 12 Lambos?

Fix'd

Well, its bad dont see the good ol' Ferraris in such awsome game. Move foward.

Lamborox266
03-17-2011, 02:42 AM
who's need a Ferrari when you can have a Lamborghini?

+1.

Murcielago SV is better than 599GTO anyday.

Freak-DS
03-17-2011, 03:07 AM
who's need a Ferrari when you can have a Porsche?

Fixed.

HSVrules
03-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Fixed.

Ofcourse you'd do that, you Carrera-***** :3

Ultimate_X
03-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Murcielago SV is better than 599GTO anyday.
Seconded.

Vanexroxics
03-17-2011, 04:14 AM
Fixed.

Porsches are awesome....

maggit
03-17-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm a big fan of all 3. I miss the days when I could pick the one them and just have fun.

Sir Tristan
03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Pursuits are NOT the reason, I repeat, they are NOT the reason.

HP2 had Ferraris in Hot Pursuit mode. 360, 550 and F50 both appeared running and dodging flame barrels.

POMELO
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Pursuits are NOT the reason, I repeat, they are NOT the reason.

HP2 had Ferraris in Hot Pursuit mode. 360, 550 and F50 both appeared running and dodging flame barrels.

Both? They are three, not two.

nfslover101
03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
And they went full retard in TDU2, as not a single one is tunable performance-wise.

They will be after they release the motorcycle addon.

Tails_16v
03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Ferraris turned into shit when they started using F1 gearboxes and funny steering wheels. Now they've prostituated the whole company. F50 was a last good Ferrari, and anything after... Just ain't the thang.

Sir Tristan
03-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Both? They are three, not two.

I only wrote two then added the third one.

But I iz very herp grateful for derp supports and hurr display of the durr grammar correct.

POMELO
03-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I can't understand the second sentence.
I just want to help.

Sir Tristan
03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I can't understand the second sentence.
I just want to help.

Everything's cool dude. Thanks for correcting me, really.

3ni_2nr
03-17-2011, 02:14 PM
No not really.

HSVrules
03-17-2011, 05:38 PM
It's a secret code! :O
I shall decipher it!

Herp = You
Derp = Are
Hurr = An
Durr = Idiot

:D

Lotec
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Damage is the reason there are no Ferrari's in NFS? LOL, you guys are so stupid.

The real reason is money. Ferrari are complete snobs and have a tight grip on who they give their licensing out to. You can't just put a Ferrari logo on anything, you have to spend millions and millions of dollars and get permission from the people who run the company. For example, you don't see Ferrari clothes at Wal-Mart, only Puma can make them. I'm sure EA has the money to buy the Ferrari license, but I doubt Ferrari would give them it now because every NFS since HP2 has been total shit. Unworthy of including Ferrari's in the car list, in my opinion and Ferrari's opinion. I don't want to see a Ferrari put in the same game as a riced Civic or M3 or whatever shit they put in modern NFS nowadays.

AJ_Lethal
03-17-2011, 10:27 PM
^that's an elaborated and expanded version of what i posted, man.

Lotec
03-19-2011, 06:54 PM
^that's an elaborated and expanded version of what i posted, man.

Didn't really notice your post, but we're both right.

Zpectre
03-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Ferrari isn't in NFS anymore because EA insulted il commendatore. Simple as that.

Seriously though, I do believe there was some sort of disagreement between the two companies at some point, hence why EA can't even show their past involvement with Ferrari in the old games (the Ferrari 550 in the NFSHS cover shown in the NFS site was replaced by a Lambo Murciélago). Surely Ferrari charges a lot for their license (and there's the extra demanded by Microsoft too), but EA is rich. They would find a way around it if they could. I mean, Atari, which is nearly bankrupt, has a Ferrari license.

There are Ferraris in NFS Shift because of a loophole. SMS had licensed them for another game they were making, which would revolve around Ferraris. This game became NFS Shift when they became involved with EA, therefore they were able to use Ferraris in their game. But Microsoft intervened and demanded exclusivity for the Xbox.

I hope it's possible to put Shift 1 Ferraris in Shift 2. I really do miss Ferraris, even though the company (at least the marketing department) is run by elitist idiots. Well, Enzo himself wasn't the easiest man to strike a deal with, but he's been long dead now. No need to perpetuate his eccentricities...

AJ_Lethal
03-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Ferrari isn't in NFS anymore because EA insulted il commendatore. Simple as that.
Yay, EA! **** everything you touch! :Facepalm:

Sir Tristan
03-20-2011, 03:40 AM
Seriously though, I do believe there was some sort of disagreement between the two companies at some point, hence why EA can't even show their past involvement with Ferrari in the old games (the Ferrari 550 in the NFSHS cover shown in the NFS site was replaced by a Lambo Murciélago).

Best explanation yet; I thought about that example for a while, but forgot all about that Murci on the cover of a game it didn't at all feature...

Surely Ferrari charges a lot for their license (and there's the extra demanded by Microsoft too), but EA is rich. They would find a way around it if they could. I mean, Atari, which is nearly bankrupt, has a Ferrari license.

As I thought before, money is no reason.

There are Ferraris in NFS Shift because of a loophole. SMS had licensed them for another game they were making, which would revolve around Ferraris. This game became NFS Shift when they became involved with EA, therefore they were able to use Ferraris in their game. But Microsoft intervened and demanded exclusivity for the Xbox.

I don't see how this loophole works. They implemented Ferrari in NFS, Ferrari shouldn't care what other games they develop. If Microsoft intervened, then tell me why there isn't any Ferraris on PC despite extremely easy conversion (as proven by some awesome guys).

I hope it's possible to put Shift 1 Ferraris in Shift 2. I really do miss Ferraris, even though the company (at least the marketing department) is run by elitist idiots. Well, Enzo himself wasn't the easiest man to strike a deal with, but he's been long dead now. No need to perpetuate his eccentricities...

I feel ya, but the marketing department are Communists (attracted by Rosso Corsa) who have their ideology and propaganda.

maggit
03-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Best explanation yet; I thought about that example for a while, but forgot all about that Murci on the cover of a game it didn't at all feature...

Also, let's not forget that they changed the Testarossa on NFS1 cover into a generic supercar. :O

AJ_Lethal
03-22-2011, 08:46 AM
That shows that EA doesnt get anything right nowadays.

POMELO
03-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Jajaja, the Murcielago didn't even designed when High Stakes was released.

FstrthnU
04-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Man, they put Ferraris in that joke of a game that's Gran Turismo 5, but they don't put em in Need for Speed? What gives? When Porsche and Lamborghini are perfectly happy to throw a dozen models into the game each, you'd think that Ferrari would want to join in. Freaking party poopers.

On a slightly related note, why aren't there Ferraris in Shift 2 either? If this game here is too damaging for their pedigree, surely they'd love to put them into a professional racing game. I mean, when Ferrari has their own THEME PARK and they still refuse to put them in good games? I just want to punch their creative director so badly

Johnny B
04-14-2011, 03:28 AM
If I could play Hot Pursuit 2010 I would definitely want some Ferraris in it. But since these decisions are made by others - the companies and their CEOs - and not by us, the consumers - who should actually have the right to demand what we want - then what else can we expect other than for them to mock us and "serve" us whatever they want. We pay for whatever crap they release and they also wanna make us believe that it's for our own good or something like that. Hell, maybe they think we even gotta let them manipulate our thoughts and preferences. It's really revolting!

One more reason for me - if I really needed one - to hate big companies, their politics and their CEOs. It's shamefully little said "shame on them"!

LoLZeR
04-14-2011, 06:47 PM
You know, if they cant add Ferraris, why dont they add real rare and super cars? I mean, hyper stuff like the Agera R, CCXR Trevita, Jaguars, Porsches, the Pagani Zonda C12 and the R, Catherhams, Lexus LF-A...

*sigh* sad... Criterion is now part of EA

EDIT: what you think about we just make a offtopic poll to see what kind of car you want in the game?

Johnny B
04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
You know, if they cant add Ferraris, why dont they add real rare and super cars? I mean, hyper stuff like the Agera R, CCXR Trevita, Jaguars, Porsches, the Pagani Zonda C12 and the R, Catherhams, Lexus LF-A...

Because they are... ******** ********* *******

Look, if I tell you my honest opinion about them some moderator will (probably) give me a warning, LoLZeR. I hope you get my point. You think I wouldn't wanna see at least half of the cars you mentioned in the game?:'(

Yeah, the poll is not a bad idea, do it.:)

LoLZeR
04-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Because they are... ******** ********* *******

Look, if I tell you my honest opinion about them some moderator will (probably) give me a warning, LoLZeR. I hope you get my point. You think I wouldn't wanna see at least half of the cars you mentioned in the game?:'(

Yeah, the poll is not a bad idea, do it.:)

Yeah i get it. I will soon add because use this site in my iPod is complicated :O

Vanexroxics
04-15-2011, 07:35 AM

*sigh* sad... Criterion is now part of EA

EDIT: what you think about we just make a offtopic poll to see what kind of car you want in the game?

hasn't Criterion been part of EA for Burnout? hello?

LoLZeR
04-15-2011, 09:07 AM
^ i mean, it is now like Criterion is EA

Vanexroxics
04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
w/e, this thread needs to die, since for all i care, there's so many ****loads of Ferraris in MW, so why do PEOPLE even need in NFSHP2010.

LoLZeR
04-15-2011, 09:22 AM
:Facepalm: for the last time, IS NOT ABOUT MW, IS ABOUT HP2010! Please dont discuss in this tread just because of a ****ing overload of Ferraris in MW. If necessary, i will ask admins or moderators to close this ffs

MR.JS
04-15-2011, 10:08 AM
you,sir hate ferrari's like me.lambo's rock!!

Sir Tristan
04-15-2011, 01:47 PM
you,sir hate ferrari's like me.lambo's rock!!

I don't hate Ferraris, I love all cars. But I hate their marketing team.

This (skip to 2:07) is also for them, like the wrecked ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA770wpLX-Q

AJ_Lethal
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't hate Ferraris, I love all cars. But I hate their marketing team.

Same here.

Zpectre
04-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Ferraris are hours-concours. The company may be run by idiots (Di Montezemolo is quite a pretentious fellow IMO), but the guys who actually make the cars (the engineers, the workers) are among an unparalleled elite. I'm firmly of the opinion that driving a Ferrari is like driving no other car, and people I know who have driven and ridden these cars say the same. The day I get to drive one (if it ever comes) will be one of the most special in my life, moreso than the day I start owning my first BMW. :P So all this crap about posting crashed Ferraris is just childish hate IMO.

Johnny B
04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Ferraris are hours-concours. The company may be run by idiots (Di Montezemolo is quite a pretentious fellow IMO), but the guys who actually make the cars (the engineers, the workers) are among an unparalleled elite. I'm firmly of the opinion that driving a Ferrari is like driving no other car, and people I know who have driven and ridden these cars say the same. The day I get to drive one (if it ever comes) will be one of the most special in my life, moreso than the day I start owning my first BMW. :P So all this crap about posting crashed Ferraris is just childish hate IMO.

I couldn't agree more, Zpectre.:) You are 100% right about everything you said!;););)

Too bad/sad that you are one of the very few who think like that...

Chase_UC
04-16-2011, 01:47 AM
well, don't hate Ferraris, but, seriously, i preffer a Lambo, thats my opinion

MR.JS
04-16-2011, 02:13 AM
well, don't hate Ferraris, but, seriously, i preffer a Lambo, thats my opinion
i think lambo's look better.eg gallardo,reventon

AJ_Lethal
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
http://gamersmafia.com/storage/comments/613/13/so_much_win_graphic.png
Put the engineers at charge. Same for M-B.

Zpectre
04-16-2011, 06:41 PM
http://gamersmafia.com/storage/comments/613/13/so_much_win_graphic.png
Put the engineers at charge. Same for M-B.

Many engineers are CEOs of large companies. :)

Spyke
04-16-2011, 08:49 PM
599GTO Forever! xD

mar.and65
04-26-2011, 08:37 AM

No need of Ferraris .. :o :o :o

Martin the hedgehog
04-26-2011, 06:09 PM
550, F355 and F50 Forever! xD

Fix'd for ya.

appollo four fourty
04-30-2011, 02:56 AM
http://cdn.www.needforspeed.com/sites/www.needforspeed.com/files/imagecache/screenshot_fullsize/04-High-Stakes-LRG.jpg

WTF Fail

Original

http://images.wikia.com/nfs/en/images/a/a7/NFS_High_Stakes001.jpg

and NFS 2
http://cdn.www.needforspeed.com/sites/www.needforspeed.com/files/imagecache/screenshot_fullsize/02-Need-for-Speed-II-LRG.jpg
Anyone care to explain? Its one thing to get mad at a company but you cant just change the cover of a 10+ year old game

Oliver Oresic
04-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Ferrari always had some great engine sound, special sound, not like other cars, I am not Ferrari fan, but every racing game without Ferrari is not so good racing game as with Ferrari, Ferrari is a legend, f1 without Ferrari is not F1, but Luca di Montezemolo is more like Luca di Mafioso, real idiot

TunerMaster
01-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Sorry if this is necropost, it's been a while. I want to say it...........

Looking at these comments, some sound more like Ferrari-bashing/"I hate new-gen Ferrari's (2000-beyond)"/EA Bashing" than a reason why we miss them Ferrari. Have a breath mint and Shut Up, Stupid Purists.

------------------------------------

This is the 1st "OLD SCHOOL" Need For Speed game not to have Ferrari, and I really miss them. :(

C'mon, that game is now back to it's old-school roots. No mods whatsoever (I still love UG-Prostreet though).

Now I wanted to drive my favorite 355F1 Berlinetta 97', F50, F430 Berlinetta, 458 Italia, or 575M Maranello around the Scenic Seacrest County.

(Sigh)

Competizione
01-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Bumping an old post to insult all posters?

Watch out people, we got a badass over here

nfslover101
01-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah that bug is irritating haha, somebody might as well as lock this topic though to prevent more people from getting in here haha :P

TunerMaster
01-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Bumping an old post to insult all posters?

Watch out people, we got a badass over here

Thank You. Applause...... :P

Sorry If this is necropost, since this thread is still part of 1st page.

If I were to Imagine what Ferraris EA (or NFSCars Programmers) would be looking forward to add in HP 2010, this following list would be very likely what Class they go in, as well as the Ferraris I WANTED TO DRIVE in the Beautiful Scenic Roads of Seacrest County. :D

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150522500847509

Background Music while Imagining looking at those cars in the Car Select Screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrLI4UcXJM ;)

SPORTS:

-Ferrari 328 GTB Turbo Berlinetta

*Either SPORTS or PERFORMANCE:

-Ferrari 365 Daytona Spider

-Ferrari 512 BB

-Ferrari 348 TB

PERFORMANCE:

-Ferrari 355F1 Berlinetta 1997

-Ferrari 456M GT 1998

-Ferrari 360 Modena Berlinetta 2000

SUPER:

-Ferrari Testarossa

-Ferrari 512 TR

-Ferrari F430 Berlinetta

-Ferrari 288 GTO

-Ferrari California Berlinetta

-Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

EXOTIC:

-Ferrari F40

-Ferrari F50 Berlinetta

-Ferrari 575M Maranello Berlinetta

-Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

-Ferrari 458 Italia Berlinetta

-Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

HYPER:

-Ferrari F60 (AKA FERRARI ENZO, & ENZO FERRARI)

-Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione

-Ferrari F70

-Ferrari FXX Evoluzione

OFF-TOPIC:

PS: EA Should have put Maserati MC12, and Jaguar XJ220, Jaguar XJR-15 (Under EXOTICS). These cars represent the best of the best what these Manufacturers can do in the High-End Supercar market. Unfortunately, we only got PERFORMANCE-cars from the said Manufacturers. T_T

Martin the hedgehog
01-27-2012, 12:44 AM
^Is that a wishlist?
If you want Ferraris in NFS, don't forget to whine at Turn10.