View Full Version : Shift 2 Bug and Glitch Reports

KF72
04-01-2011, 08:34 PM
It's bug report time again! List em off:

There's this:

dR9UC75JgLc[/QUOTE]

Also:

On Turn 12 on Ambush Canyon, the car can enter behind the tire stack. Then, the car gets violently launched out.

When you get Works on a car and try to sell it, the sell price is the car's base price + the Works Upgrade price, not Base + Works + Other Installed Upgrades.

Myojinoir
04-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Sometimes after you`ve finished a race, the statistics windows shows up and in the background it plays the replay of the race, when you switch to play replay the screen goes black. Might also just be an unsupported v-card glitch (9600M GS). Still worth checking out.

KF72
04-02-2011, 04:28 PM
On Catalunya National Turn 9, you can cut across the concrete area on the inside of the turn and not get the Cut Track Warning.

nfslover101
04-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I noticed on the Xbox 360 the suggested line disappears at times and sometimes when you start the race, the screen goes black and you have to hit start for it to appear again.

Myojinoir
04-03-2011, 02:44 AM
The suggested line disapears on the PC also from time to time. Mostly i`ve noticed this during Drift events.

Vanexroxics
04-03-2011, 02:46 AM
On Catalunya National Turn 9, you can cut across the concrete area on the inside of the turn and not get the Cut Track Warning.

Didn't they remove the Cut Track Warning feature already?

ElvenAvenger
04-03-2011, 03:31 AM
@ up
No its still there.

First cut - your time isnt uploaded to autolog
second cut - next time and you are disqualified
third - yeah, you guessed it...disqualified.

Dakota National, at least on PC version, has no 'minimap' icon when you are picking events in career. Just a black square there instead of a tiny track map. Missing texture i guess.

KF72
04-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Didn't they remove the Cut Track Warning feature already?

Nope.

@ up
No its still there.

First cut - your time isnt uploaded to autolog
second cut - next time and you are disqualified
third - yeah, you guessed it...disqualified.

No, I'm finding 1-4 are time doesn't count for Autolog and 5 is DQ'd.

ElvenAvenger
04-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Nope.

No, I'm finding 1-4 are time doesn't count for Autolog and 5 is DQ'd.

Well i dont know, i get DQ after third cut. Maybe difficulty settings decide that or something.

Alexc12fr
04-03-2011, 09:13 AM
I noticed that after race finish, game frame interior and the gear shift disappears for 2-3 seconds.

F.R.
04-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Driver hands animation sometimes does not work.

APBOYZ
04-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I can`t even start my new carrier, because the game crashes when loading first race :( could you help me?

F.R.
04-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I can`t even start my new carrier, because the game crashes when loading first race :( could you help me?

If you're running at Windows 7, add Shift2 exe file in the DEP(Data Execution Prevention) under Control Panel/System/Advance Settings.

Another bug, quick race at Nordschleife (Aremberg) crashes at loading screen. Just got mine crashed at the moment, I'll start again the game.

ElvenAvenger
04-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Driving line disappeared while i was having a good run on nordschleife (the mclaren mp4-12c invitational event)

needless to say, i crashed soon after.

APBOYZ
04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Originaly posted by F.R:
If you're running at Windows 7, add Shift2 exe file in the DEP(Data Execution Prevention) under Control Panel/System/Advance Settings.

Nope same thing happens. I run it as administrator and it still crashes:\ Tried everything! lowering graphics etc. nothing :L
I think my 49.99$ went up in my ***:Facepalm:

My PC Specs is:
Windows 7 home premium
2,4 ghz
4 GB in Ram
64 bite operating system
Prosesor: Pentium(R) Dual Core cpu T 4300
Graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

BTW: when I start my game, I can see my mouse is that normal?

LoLZeR
04-03-2011, 01:06 PM
^are you running in compatibility mode? Yea i know is a stupid question but sometimes Windows put a program in that without asking and that ****s up a lot

Alexc12fr
04-03-2011, 01:36 PM
I noticed other 2 bugs:
1. every time I play SU2, at game start it always says me that I've unlocked limited edition cars
2. during a night race in Tokyo a Ford GT had only driver shadow, the rest shadow of the car wasn't there.

EDIT:
3. my RX7 lost its custom livery, I don't know how come. :(

APBOYZ
04-03-2011, 01:57 PM
^are you running in compatibility mode? Yea i know is a stupid question but sometimes Windows put a program in that without asking and that ****s up a lot

what do you mean?

NAMETYR
04-03-2011, 02:18 PM
When you enter a race with a pop-up headlights ride in Dusk, in hot lap, they pop up and down all the time until you take control of the car. Experienced with RX7 and 240SX.

F.R.
04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Another bug, quick race at Nordschleife (Aremberg) crashes at loading screen. Just got mine crashed at the moment, I'll start again the game.

Just to confirm; every time I use the Team Need for Speed Mazda RX8, the game gets stuck on the loading screen for a long time. There's no way of cancelling it but ending the process in task manager.

KF72
04-03-2011, 03:40 PM
During post-crash night replays, if you lose your headlights in the crash, there will be no headlights at all in the replay

Alexc12fr
04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
During post-crash night replays, if you lose your headlights in the crash, there will be no headlights at all in the replay
Not only headlights: after a crash with a E30 I lost rear bumper and brakelights and in the replay before crash there weren't at all.

LoLZeR
04-03-2011, 05:17 PM
what do you mean?

check the Proprietes of Shift2.exe (or anything like it, still dont have game) and see if the "Run In Compatibility Mode" square is checked. If yes, un-check it

Primus
04-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this one, but the Lotus Exige S's rear-view mirror is black and doesn't function. This is confirmed on both my GTX 460 and friend's 5770, so it's not a brand-specific problem.

POMELO
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
What a crap.

Primus
04-03-2011, 06:20 PM
What a crap.

Yeah, that Countach you raped was definitely crap.

KF72
04-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this one, but the Lotus Exige S's rear-view mirror is black and doesn't function. This is confirmed on both my GTX 460 and friend's 5770, so it's not a brand-specific problem.

Confirmed on PS3 as well.

APBOYZ
04-04-2011, 01:11 AM
check the Proprietes of Shift2.exe (or anything like it, still dont have game) and see if the "Run In Compatibility Mode" square is checked. If yes, un-check it

thanks. I just needed to uinstall the game, I run it perfectly on full ghrapics now.;)

POMELO
04-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah, that Countach you raped was definitely crap.

Yeah, and the game's glitches too.

APBOYZ
04-04-2011, 12:34 PM
found one. If you restart the race on first invertianal event with Lotus Elise 111R, then your hands are not moving just the wheel it is very irritating ;)

ElvenAvenger
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I dont exactly know the source of this bug but there's some glitch with physics, i experienced it on Invitational A event(Nordschleife, McLaren MP4-12c)

At some point when i was overtaking the leading Zonda F, i hit the barrier and it caused my car to shoot forward, far faster than the Zonda F and start flipping over. Took the Zonda F about 5 seconds to catch up to my standstill wreck.

-Seems like the game is full of weird bugs...at least they dont happen in every race.

RedTwentyFour
04-09-2011, 05:38 AM
2 things i experianced ONCE:
1. i was driving the lexus and when i stopped speeding it didnt get slower but went on straight with the same speed.
2. in a retro race one of the CPU opponents didnt start, he was just standing there at the starting like, being in the way over the other laps.

and i had 3 xbox crashes but that could just be my xbox..

LoLZeR
04-09-2011, 07:01 PM

i think the 360 sometimes goes too hot, and makes it crash; so yes, is your xbox

NAMETYR
04-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Best line tends to disappear randomly in some races. Utterly annoying.

KF72
04-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I get all sorts of freezes, especially during menus on PS3 that usually require a hard reset.

Also something that really pisses me off: I won the Modern B Invitational and got the Corvette. I then Works'd it. I decided I didn't like it, so I was stuck. Works is permanent, the Z06 can't be bought in the store, and the Modern B Invitational doesn't give you the Corvette if re-won. Fix this please.

Also, is Slightly Mad even aware of this thread?

Rally Master
04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
2 things i experianced ONCE:
1. i was driving the lexus and when i stopped speeding it didnt get slower but went on straight with the same speed.
2. in a retro race one of the CPU opponents didnt start, he was just standing there at the starting like, being in the way over the other laps.

Hold on now. Are you making allegations that Toyota/Lexus vehicles have unintended acceleration? :o

Boxout
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Just to confirm; every time I use the Team Need for Speed Mazda RX8, the game gets stuck on the loading screen for a long time. There's no way of cancelling it but ending the process in task manager.
I have the same problem... but not with the Team Need for Speed Mazda RX8... my problem is with the Team Need for Speed AWD Scion tC.
And another thing, on Nevada Drift Depot (the open version) sometimes the drift score just crash, and i stop making points.

beansta
04-10-2011, 10:01 PM
from all this sound slike i wont be picking up this game for a while

did they even beta test this game?

ElvenAvenger
04-11-2011, 09:03 AM
I get all sorts of freezes, especially during menus on PS3 that usually require a hard reset.

Also something that really pisses me off: I won the Modern B Invitational and got the Corvette. I then Works'd it. I decided I didn't like it, so I was stuck. Works is permanent, the Z06 can't be bought in the store, and the Modern B Invitational doesn't give you the Corvette if re-won. Fix this please.

Also, is Slightly Mad even aware of this thread?

Oh yes, i loved my stock Corvette. Started upgrading it, finally i worksed it because some cars were just too fast for me. Stuck with a worksed Exige that pretty much sucks, it has nearly 2k performance rating but despite that cant keep up with your average Zonda F even on a twisty track. Bad acceleration and top speed, somewhat good handling - just as good as any supercar in the game.

And another thing you cant sell GT3 cars, or at least i cant sell my Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3.

KF72
04-11-2011, 05:40 PM
And another thing you cant sell GT3 cars, or at least i cant sell my Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3.

I can't confirm this, I've tried all the GT3 cars save for the Alpina M6 and I have sold them all.

Rally Master
04-11-2011, 07:07 PM
My game freezes from time to time. I was doing the Modern A Invitational, wrecked the MP4-12C and then restarted the race. Upon restart, no HUD was present so I restarted again. Still no HUD. I tried quitting out of the race and then the game froze.

My game also froze yesterday when I tried to take a photo in a quick race. After taking the photo, my game froze and I had to Alt-Tab to fix it. :|

KF72
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Replays cannot be recorded during a race.

WHAT THE ****.

MostEdwardo1
04-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I had a little bug; then I hit the wall(dead on, loss of control) i decided to test the cam thing, and the bug is that some parts that fell of(or some random crap) were levitating on top of the hood(in air)

MostEdwardo1
04-25-2011, 04:47 AM
Another Bug/Glitch found:
Yesterday after I launched the game, it was very slow, lots of disruption happened, compared to the day then played it before yesterday, it was fine, everything's on about medium(graphic settings)

KF72
04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
The AI sometimes slams into an invisible wall that you can drive through. It usually makes quite a mess on the track.

APBOYZ
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
The AI sometimes slams into an invisible wall that you can drive through. It usually makes quite a mess on the track.

yep I too have this bug, and I have it in a lot of tracks. ;)

HazewinDog
07-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Oh, glad to find a topic about bugs and stuff.

What i got is:

- Regular game crashes
[Totally random, if you ask me]

- Speedhunters pack is very bugged
[Most cars won't go out of the green line untill their last gear and once they hit their last gear they suddenly are impossible to control - Found 1 exception so far: Porsche 918 Spyder]

- NOS does not work at all in both Drag and Standing Mile

- Low FPS rates (18 FPS when maxing out the game at 800x600)
[My PC:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 X4 965 @ 3,4GHz
RAM: 12GB OCZ 1333MHz
GPU: 2x Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770's in CF
|
Now, i can actually play Shift 1 maxed out at 1920x1200 without going under 40 FPS (thats enough for me)
[I went trough EA's helpdesk which took 3+ hours but did solve the FPS issue enough to have it playable...]
|
Disabling CF didnt help]

Well and maybe ill remember/find some more...

---
So i have 3 questions:
- Do you also face the problem that i posted about Drag/Standing Mile?
- Does NOS work in Drag/Standing Mile for other PC players?
- How are your experiences in FPS, between Shift 1 & 2?

Thanks.

I have that with a lot of cars (PC).

---
Lastly: Freezes? Never had them; but maybe PC players get crashes instead?

ElvenAvenger
07-10-2011, 09:45 AM
For me Drag/Standing mile work fine, e.g cars revs display properly(there is one car that never leaves green zone, its the World Racing something Scion tC FWD too long name to remember anyway, it does that until i get past 4th gear.)
cars are controllable aside from when im using nitrous and trying to steer left, but thats my keyboard for you. NOS works fine in Drag/Standing Mile modes, it does boost my speed.

HazewinDog
07-10-2011, 12:04 PM
^I do have the NOS meter, but mine wont run out or even work at all. In other gamemodes it works fine :/

I really like this game, i just wish it wouldnt have all these problems..

KF72
07-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I feel like SMS is ignoring this thread.

Alexc12fr
07-11-2011, 05:10 AM
SMS has more interests on NoGrip than here.

And this is a NFS community.

LoLZeR
07-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Few weird bugs on PS3: -when driving the Catherham R500 on the far camera the front wheels do not show properly. This doesnt happens with other cams

-When i use my Works Supra in Retro, all other cars also use the same Works Supra with diferent livries

-I cant change the track in Multiplayer after game change the host and i become the host (WTF)

-No night races in Multiplayer???

HazewinDog
07-11-2011, 08:33 AM
- There is never an online host for me (only once i saw a Legends pack host)
- Lots of times, when i take a legends car, all my opponents have the same car as eachother (so not the same as me). Real odd, imo. Here an example btw:

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HX6-qGbtOY

EDIT: Another bug.. stickers wont show up at all, i tried coloring/deforming them in any way but they just arent there... -.-

Should i get a refund? I mean.. seriously, this isnt what i expected... The worst part is, i admit it, i used a cracked version before buying it and i did not notice any bugs at all...

Made_Man
07-27-2011, 05:49 AM
I've had the occasional freeze up, often after a race - the sounds of pressing a button are active, and one or two menu options will work (for example, "recommend to a friend"), but the rest will do nothing.

Even worse - I cannot get Origin to recognise my version of Shift 2, so I cannot download the DLC. I've tried everything EA has suggested - deleting the EADM download cache, disabling the automatic login, logging out and logging back in, and I tried reinstalling Shift 2 with Origin already installed, but I still get the "no games detected" message.