View Full Version : Auto Modellista

Anonymous
02-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone else was interested in the new cel-shaded street racing simulator called Auto Modellista. Auto Modellista is scheduled to be realsed at the end of March, to be exact March 25. I am looking forward to its realease. The cars and gameplay in the Japanese game were phenomenal from what I have read. Sadly the game is only being released on the Playstaton 2 entertainment system. If you want more info go to www.capcom.com and click on the us icon. After it loads click on the Auto Modellista icon to read more on this awesome game. :wink:

Anonymous
02-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Released in the U.S. at the end of march. My bad. If ur lucky enough to live in the UK or Japan u already have the opportunity 2 purchase this amazing video game 4 the PS2 game console!

viper4shane
02-26-2003, 07:43 PM
oh yeah i am also a fan of that game! i cant wait till it comes out! looks really great. :D

ayaxr
02-26-2003, 08:39 PM
This game is great.... its like being in an initial D type cartoon........

Anonymous
02-27-2003, 04:49 PM
I was really bummed and ticked that i couldn't get the game after i had reserved. I read in GameInformer that it was coming out the 26th 4 days ago. It was originally supposed to be released in the US the 25th of February. Well if any of the respondants from other countries have played it let me know about the gameplay and cars! I can't wait 4 it to come out :roll:

Anonymous
02-27-2003, 04:54 PM
I'll inform you when updates occur on the game. Hopefully it is released ahead of schedule talk to u L8R :)

Anonymous
02-27-2003, 06:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone from any other country than the US had Auto Modellista cause I have a couple of questions. Respond if you do have a different version than the US and can answer some questions like what kind of car brands r in the game?

OZ
02-28-2003, 05:05 AM
On the Japanese Version:

Honda
Toyota
Nissan
Mitsubishi
Mazda
Subaru
Daihatsu
Suzuki
Mitsuoka
Dome

On the US/Europe Version is same as above + this brands:

Dodge
Shelby (Cobra)
Acura
Hyundai
Ford

Other differences on the US/Europe Version is the Plate naming system and some new tracks.

Laury
02-28-2003, 06:11 AM
It's a funny game....

Texhnolith
02-28-2003, 08:00 AM
I've got the game for quite some time now
It reminds me alot of Initial D (even has Akagi Hill in it!)

Anyways, not what you would call a classic game but fun anyways!
like GT3 with easy Arcade handeling and cellshaded cars

BR.Boy
02-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Does the demo or the complete game exist to dl?

Thx.

Anonymous
03-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Sorry brazilianracer there is no demo out as of now that I know of.

But the game is coming soon!

Today is the 4th and it comes out on the 25-26 depending on where u live in the U.S.

If u live in another country besides canada and the U.S. you can purchase it at ur local gaming store or the internet. (Ur lucky :wink: )

The strategy guide should be released two days before the video game is released. If you would like more info visit www.ign.com or www.capcom.com

Im hoping that they dont postpone it like they do on half of any other games. :?

Got any questions just post a reply and ill respond within one day!

OZ
03-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Hi guys, this will be a hell of a long post by me. Viper4Shane asked me a few things about this great game since and I though it would help a lot if I share his questions with you since somebody can complement the answers or correct me...

Ps.: My answers are based on the import version...

Here are the questions:

1. How many body kits are there per car?
2. can you mix and match body kits?
3. can you paint each individual part? (eg: can i have a Civic all yellow but w/ black mirrors and a black hood?)
4. do you have to have those paint scemes with the lame stripes and stuff?
5. how is the sound in the game?
6. is there E-break?
7. is there Blow-off valve noises?
8. is there car damage?
9. can you add wings?
10. can you lower your car a lot? (ride height)
11. how do the rims go about? is it like GT3 where you go to a rim store and buy the color and style?
12. do you happen to know the body kit styles for the Honda Integra (old model [DC2]) i hope there is a C-west front.

Answers:

1. For each car you have 2 or more different brands of bodykits depending on part you're tuning...

2,3 and 4. Yes you can, but this only works at the Garage mode (something similar to the simulation mode of the GT3). Once inside the garage mode, you choose a car and give it's a name and create for it a number plate. After that you're free to tune it as well. Once inside the tuning area you can change it car's body parts paint it or put decals on it.

Changing parts:
Once you're in the "body tuning" are, you can select between mirrors, hood, front bumper/spoiler, sideskirts, rear bumper, lights, rims* and wings. Every car came by default with 2 different brands of parts, so this means that not every brand is avaiable for every car, also most of the brands are the japanese ones. Once you select a part to change, the game will give you a menu with 3 options. The first one is the stock part, that one that came with your car, the second and third one are the aftermarket ones. So all you need to do is select one of the brands to change the car's parts. You can also mix the parts, for example, if the car you selected has Veilside and Blitz as selected parts brands, you can make a car with an Veilside Front bumper and wing, an "stock" hood and a Blitz sideskirts and rear bumper.

Edit.: All brands have mirrors parts so sometimes you can have a 3 brand only for the mirror part

Rims*:

Rims are something that needs a bit more off attention, to be straigh you can change the rims of you car, but there's a catch, for example, if you are tuning an Skyline, you can select between some brands like OZ Racing, Rays, etc and NISMO, but the game wont let you use brands like STI(Subaru), TRD, MUGEN, etc. It seems that brands releated to car factorys (like mugen-honda, sti-subaru, etc) are only avaiable for those cars although those non-realated car factory brands are avaiable for all cars.

Body Paintshop:
On the bodypaintshop you can well, paint your car, but selecting a different color for each part. The painting area of the car is divided by hood, front bumper, sideskirt, rear bumper, wing, mirrors, body and rollcages. Also, there are 2 special options for Stripes (selected on the tuning menu) and "windshield decal base color". V4S asked me if all the car have those stripes on, well, the answer is no since you can select they and can also paint they. For example, I had an honda integra type R all winte except for the black mirrors, wing and hood (carbon stuff :twisted: )

Decals:
You can put decals up to your tuned car, I won't say the positions of they cus they change for each car, anyway, you can select between the arealdy made decals, or you can draw a new one if you want (a bit hard though, i wish I had a mouse instead of the PS2 controller)

5. The sound is pretty cool, nothing that really amuses me, but it do it's job, the best of it is the car sounds, they are pretty defined between the gear tunes, using the "dash view, you can hear the gear clutch and the blinking of the hazzard lights if you turn they on...

6. Yes, it does, also you have buttons for horn and hazzard lights.

7. I think it does, I don't remenber it cus i mostly drove NA cars...

8. No, almost like GT3, no damage and no tire worn.

9. Yes as I said before.

10. Yes, but it depends on the shocks configuration... It doens't show much visual difference in the game actually

11. The answer is above...

12. Sorry but I don't know :oops: There's too many different brands and it's hard to keep track of they...

I forgot to mention some things, but I'll do it later....

Well... anything more i find intersting I'll add here... cya

viper4shane
03-09-2003, 01:52 PM
wow sounds great! most of my questions are awnsered... im still concerned about the car sounds.... does the sounds for manual and auto sound the same? i mean for like manual when your about to shift is there a slight stall like your going 9g then you clutch (meaning releasing the gas) [car is quite] then you release the clutch and put your foot on the gas then the car starts to make noise again... and for auto it just sound like vurrrrmmmm uummmmmm vurrrrmmm | and manual sounds like vurrrrm....... vurrrmmmmm..... vurrrrmmmm. to find out what im talking about watch this short video (kinda crank up the sound) watch "Auto Modellista Movie 1" HERE (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,547928,00.html) listen to the part when the rx7 and the r34 are battling on the mountain and they are side by side the RX-7 shifts and gets a boost ahead.
--------------
and dash views? does it show the full on steering wheel.... dash clutsers etc? oh and for rims is it possible for any car to have black rims (like every rim brand has at lease 1 black rim to choose from) like say i could have a Integra with black rims or a supra with black rims or even a celica.
------------------
can any car have a turbo kit installed in it?

OZ
03-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Here comes the second wave... :wink:

- Let's start by the things I know... The dash view is more like an rised bumper can with extra sounds. It's more like the Dash can of the GT3. The odd part here is that the cars have something that act like an interior, since while you're racing on the night tracks, you can see the tach and dash lights of you oponents. You can hear also the shiftbox sounds and the hazzard lights blip sound on it.

- About the sounds on the manual gear, the car sound act close like you described, once up change a gear, the car sound drops it's volume and start raising agains as it's revs up. Also the idle engine noises are cool. Other important aspect, once you tune your car it's egine sound changes a bit, depending of the level you tune it. I don't know much about the automatic gearbox sounds, but I think the look exactly like the manual one...

- On the rims, some brands offers black rims, meaning the you can put they on any car on the game.

- I'll explaing the performance tuning part to talk about turbos and other things...

Performance Tuning:

This area on the game covers all mechanical tuning aspects of the car, here you can change and adjust parts like tires, suspension, engine mods, rollcages and body weight, brakes and exhausts. Not all parts are avaiable for tuning, so as you asked V4S, not every car can have a turbo installed on it. Most of the parts are attached to a brand, for example, for brakes you have as option Bilstein, Projectll, Winmax, as for the engine CPU chip you have, HKS, Thrust, A'PEXi, Blitz and it goes on for each part. After you select a part you ca do a fine adjustment on it. The apeal of the brands has something to do with the game visual, so for example, if you install Projectll brakes on you car, it's brake callipers will be blue with the Projectll logo on they...

The Garage...

This is an interesting feature of the game... while you're racing, if you finish the race you will be awarded with gods, that you can place on you garage, giving it a new look. These goods can be divided as two different categories, Posters and Objects. the posters are... posters! You can place they on the walls of your garage, but the objects are more interesting, you can be awarded with things like toolboxes, toolstands, air compressors, oil cans, engine, everthing related to a car garage, even some itens not releated too (I was awarded with an bike and a chair :lol:).
Also there are 3 styles of garage for you too choose...

viper4shane
03-09-2003, 03:32 PM
great! is the brand spoon sports in the game? from what i seen it doesnt look like it. also organic zero on a scale of 10 (10 being the higest | also use "." eg: 8.6 ) rate this game. btw you said you dont know how the automatic sounds like, is it because you only drive MT ?

OZ
03-09-2003, 04:12 PM
great! is the brand spoon sports in the game? from what i seen it doesnt look like it. also organic zero on a scale of 10 (10 being the higest | also use "." eg: 8.6 ) rate this game. btw you said you dont know how the automatic sounds like, is it because you only drive MT ?

from what i know, spoon sports is not avaiable on the import version, I don't know about the US version. About the AT sounds, yeah, you're correct cus I drove with MT since the begin, it's easier, specialy if you're racing at Akagi Hill.

My grade would be an 8.9 for the import version, the upper points are the controllers, the way you can tune your car and the graphics. the main downer for me is that fact that it could last a little longer (it's an easy to beat game)and could have more tracks, cars (like and Mits. Eclipse) and bodykit options for each car...

viper4shane
03-09-2003, 05:27 PM
can you name a few cars that cant have body kits?

OZ
03-09-2003, 06:40 PM
can you name a few cars that cant have body kits?

All cars by Dome and Mitsuoka doens't have bodykits or performance tuning parts avaiable... you can only paint and put decals on they...

viper4shane
03-09-2003, 11:33 PM
http://www.capcom.co.jp/newproducts/consumer/automodellista/model_img/mitsuoka_orochi.jpg

heh i see what you mean... can you change those cars rims?

and organic zero this is what i mean by C-west body kit for integra DC2

http://www.c-west.co.jp/aero/dc2/img/fb.jpg
http://www.c-west.co.jp/aero/dc2/img/rb.jpg

---------------------------
btw is there rims by "ADVAN" in Auto M?

OZ
03-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Shane, I counld't find the answer for your last questions since my friend deleted the savegame file (we're playing Shinobi now). So now I need to play it again to open all the body kits and cars (the Mitsuoka is a secret one) to know if the changes you wanna know exists...

viper4shane
03-11-2003, 04:09 PM
so in Auto M you also have to unlock rims? that sux

Anonymous
03-12-2003, 10:35 AM
I got some good news, the games strategy guide comes out the 21st, I will try and answer some of your questions once i buy the strategy guide. The game is going to be released in two weeks on the 25th or 26th. Hopefully it doesn't get postponed! :roll:

viper4shane
03-12-2003, 11:24 AM
The game is going to be released in two weeks on the 25th or 26th. Hopefully it doesn't get postponed! :roll:

YAY :D and i hope not :?

memnoch
03-16-2003, 02:39 AM
heh we've had it for about a month now in little Denmark, just too bad i don't have a PS2, wondering if it will be released to pc

viper4shane
03-19-2003, 04:04 PM
wondering if it will be released to pc

i dont think thats gonna happend.... btw any news if the game is coming out on the 25/26 for sure? :|

Anonymous
03-21-2003, 01:37 PM
1 more day till the strategy guide comes out for Auto Modellista. The game comes out the 25 or 26 not sure every store says something different. :x It better not be postponed. I will answer any questions anyone has about the game. I will post more when the game is released or when I get the strategy guide tommorow! :mrgreen:

viper4shane
03-22-2003, 08:54 AM
well did you get the guide yet? btw im sure that its coming out on the 25.

Anonymous
03-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Bad news Viper4Shane the strategy guide and game got postponed till the 26th. So we have to wait till tommorow :cry: But ill post some more tommorow when i get the game!

viper4shane
03-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Bad news Viper4Shane the strategy guide and game got postponed till the 26th. So we have to wait till tommorow :cry: But ill post some more tommorow when i get the game!

yeah i noticed.... i called every video game store on the island.... all said tomorrow (26th)

aftermarket
03-25-2003, 11:24 AM
i think it is awesome how it is cartoon but still good.. most games that i have played that are supposed to look drawn are @$$

TTC
03-26-2003, 02:26 AM
its like Jet set future radio for Xbox :)
http://www.xbox.com/media/games/jetsetradiofuture/sim-jetsetradiofuture-0025.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/media/games/jetsetradiofuture/sim-jetsetradiofuture-0013.jpg

Anonymous
03-26-2003, 06:32 AM
The game came in at the Gamestop by my crib today im goin to pick it up soon! I'll tell u about it when i start playing it! 8)

Anonymous
03-27-2003, 06:58 AM
You Viper4shane i got the game and it is off the hook! The cel shading looks alot better than i thought it would. The customizing opptions are bettter than any game i've ever played. Here is my review 4 the game

Graphics: 9/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Levels: 7/10
Customizing: 10/10

Overall: 9/10
I loved the cel-shading and the customizing options the car choices were good too. I didn't like how simple the game was and the downhill levels didn't have very good physics. When you'd go around the corners you'd slide out or hit the walls. I soon mastered the turns and i can win most of the races on downhill and uphill racing tracks. Write me if you have any questions! I highly recommed the game to any street racing lovers!

viper4shane
03-28-2003, 09:57 AM
me too i got mines the second it hit shelfs! i give it a 9/10... the most crapiest thing about it is that you can modify your car after you swaped a new engine real downer :crazy:

Anonymous
03-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey Viper4shane u beat the game i beat it the 2nd day i had it? But i haven't earned all the items in the garage. I grow more and more fond of the game the more i play it! Cause there's so many cars and body kits to use it's pretty sweet. U know what also sux is that there's no inside the car view and that replay VJ thing is hard to get used to! I still love the game! :twisted:

viper4shane
03-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey Viper4shane u beat the game i beat it the 2nd day i had it? But i haven't earned all the items in the garage. I grow more and more fond of the game the more i play it! Cause there's so many cars and body kits to use it's pretty sweet. U know what also sux is that there's no inside the car view and that replay VJ thing is hard to get used to! I still love the game! :twisted:

i beat it on the 2nd day too... how much percent complete are you? im 89%

Falcon 2.0
04-01-2003, 11:29 AM
I rented the game last weekend, and I have to say...
IT ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!!!!
It's a fantastic game!
UPS :)
Real cars
Real parts (as well as some original parts)
Get anything from the start (except locked items)
Very good challenge
A drift freak's dream :D

DOWNS :(
Some people don't like cel shading (I think it's cool)
Controls are loose
Ummmmm?

My rank:
9.3/10 :mrgreen:

viper4shane
04-03-2003, 07:03 PM
i think it has the most best and realistic control... i cant wait for a part II :)

PS- notice my SW20 ripping it up in Rokko Hill.

Falcon 2.0
04-04-2003, 04:52 AM
notice my SW20 ripping it up in Rokko Hill.
Yes indeed. :D Good drifting!
i cant wait for a part II :)
8O Is there going to be a sequel!? :faint:

viper4shane
04-04-2003, 01:49 PM
8O Is there going to be a sequel!? :faint:

theres no conformation on it yet, but im pretty sure there will be one...

Okami
04-04-2003, 03:39 PM
So I beat it in 2 days, called gamestop, and said " im not happy with this game, can i get my money back " and they said, sure just bring it over. next day, i manage to get to game stop and some old guy comes out and tells me there are too many scratches on this CD, belive it or not, this guy was so full of shit, he could have basicly pissed on himself while saying that. Anyways , sence im stuck with the game, I might as well do some constant time attacks on akagi.

Viper, you think your SW20 can keep up with my S13 @ Rokko? :D

viper4shane
04-04-2003, 04:00 PM
whats your best time at rokko? btw i also have an S13 ...