View Full Version : Opel Tigra NFS Edition from Romania

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi , I am new here, greetings from Romania...
This is my Tigra (I call her NFS Edition), in the beginning it was stock, all the thing done was made by my self.
Technical ,is without modifications, but in Interior/Exterior sections I made some custom things.
I let the pictures talk , any opinion is welcome.
Interior:
Plasma Gauges
Painted in car colour
Sparco pedals
RK auxiliar (RPM,Pres Oil,Water Temp - plasma with led indicators)-not yet in pictures
Exterior:
Body Kit - front and rear
Custom Rear Window Louver - unique for Opel Tigra - is the FIRST Tigra with this modification in Europe (at least) !
Custom exhaust - direct sport evac with double inox tips
Bad Boy Hood - with 3D carbon colant (not in every picture)
20 mm spacers on the rear wheels
Art Rims 15'
Custom Plate 33 - NFS
Others projects in progress ...
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8677/pb040009.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4345/pb040032.jpg
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4849/pb040028.jpg
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1042/pb040008.jpg
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9589/img389.jpg
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9159/img386d.jpg
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9162/img382.jpg

Alexc12fr
06-07-2011, 10:55 AM
*fall from chair*

SLZ Roadstar
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Meh...

Where is the proof paper BTW that the car belongs to you?

rafel
06-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Custom Rear Window Louver >>> FAIL

Competizione
06-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Don't like the rear window louver one bit and proof please

2-Edge
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Opel Tigra NFS Edition from Romania

I take it that you think UG and UG2 are the NFS games.

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
The Rear Window Louver is hand made, I have searched a lot for one in original Tigra made, but with no results.Is not a final photo,screws will be painted in the car colour.
It's a job done with low budget, you know that my country is not so developed financial, and with 350 euro salary I cannot made big changes at my car...I made just few things on interior/exterior.I have to live and entertain my family, and with the remaining money i try to improve the image of my car...
And, Yes , it is my car.It belong to me, but is driving by my wife.
It is a big difference between a car from East Europe Countries and the Rest of the World, u know...even in terms of possibilities.
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/3884/img394j.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6971/img390n.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/388/img392c.jpg

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I take it that you think UG and UG2 are the NFS games.
I like to call it NFS Edition, especially because the number is NFS.I like NFS Most Wanted , and I like to modify my car to look almost like a NFS car...how I can, because most of the things are modified by my self, not ready purchased.
And mine is not a gift from my parents, it is my second car purchased from my salary...The other one is a Skoda Octavia Break, year 2000, but that it's my family car, with no modifications.
I think it was a mistake to post, because not many know how to appreciate a simple job with the budget of a small country...

2-Edge
06-07-2011, 01:05 PM
I think it was a mistake to post, because not many know how to appreciate a simple job with the budget of a small country...

It's not that they don't know how to appreciate mods by people with not much money, it's just that you use the small amount you have pretty much to make this car look worse when it is not impossible to make it look better with the same amount. But hey, it's your car and you do what you want to it.

nfslover101
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Is that a bar code I see?

SLZ Roadstar
06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
I like to call it NFS Edition, especially because the number is NFS.I like NFS Most Wanted , and I like to modify my car to look almost like a NFS car...how I can, because most of the things are modified by my self, not ready purchased.
And mine is not a gift from my parents, it is my second car purchased from my salary...The other one is a Skoda Octavia Break, year 2000, but that it's my family car, with no modifications.

Its not that we dont appreciate. But it should look appealing. What you did to the car doesnt look good frankly for us. So we give our honest opinions on that.

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Is that a bar code I see?
Yes, is a bar code, I liked the idea, so I made one with the tigra club romania site.

NAMETYR
06-07-2011, 01:43 PM
It's not that they don't know how to appreciate mods by people with not much money, it's just that you use the small amount you have pretty much to make this car look worse when it is not impossible to make it look better with the same amount. But hey, it's your car and you do what you want to it.

That post totally reflects my thoughts.

Freak-DS
06-07-2011, 01:44 PM
And this is what I hate EA for. Because they made people think such.. cars.. are representative for NFS. Riced out everyday cars..

Elle
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
And this is what I hate EA for. Because they made people think such.. cars.. are representative for NFS. Riced out everyday cars..

werd.

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
That Window Louver is removable and is not finished totally.It's ok , that's not for everyone taste, but for me it's with one more reason (except the look), because I have a child in the rear seat,and so is protected from sunlight...
When the Louver is not mounted, you think that this car will be more acceptable?

2-Edge
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
When the Louver is not mounted, you think that this car will be more acceptable?

In my opinion it's past that point where only removing one part will make it less worse. And the bumpers are much worse than the louver.

Sir Tristan
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I think Tigra was always a fun car and this isn't bad.

Where's a big spoiler y0? Stock rear window and you're good to go. These guys have very refined tastes but this car is OK and there's far worse shit out there.

Interior would be better if painted piano black.

Front bumper is a little too cut up (I doubt you'll be needing all that extra air), but the rear is nice.

RSR™
06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Nice ride :) How much do you pay there for a custom plate?
btw it's not true that they don't appreciate cars from eastern European people with a low budged. They left a lot of positive comments on my ride & I'm from a even smaller eastern European country. People discriminate in terms of brains and tastes here, not based on nationalities and economical condition.

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
The rear window is stock, I have mounted the louver over, but I have made some plastic screws to remove it when necessary (also because the Police in my country don't like tuned or modified cars).I liked the front bumper because tigra engine is overheated, and the air that comes from there help a lot.
Many louvers are made from aluminium, in special workshops, this one is made by hand, in my own garage, with fiberglass and a lot of work.Of course, has changed a little in the absence of appropriate tools, and did not result like the factory original thing.
I saw that many people here have good tastes, but I think Tigra will never be compared with a japanese sport car...and you can not appreciate until you taste it :)

rafel
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I like your Opel Tigra but that rear window louver :S
I have no problem if you are romanian or from USA. I'm spanish and i have a lot of romanian friends becuase here there are a lot of people of your country.

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Nice ride :) How much do you pay there for a custom plate?
btw it's not true that they don't appreciate cars from eastern European people with a low budged.
A regular plate here costs about 18 $ when you register the car.The standard form is:
"county" - "random number" - "random letters" , never identical in same county.
The custom plate costs about 50$,once, when registering.In my case was :
CS - 33 - NFS (county of Severin, age 33, NFS fan)

I was a little gone when I said those words from above, because are others several forums (not the case here) where people talk just to make you look and feel like a stranger in the forum, not for tell a constructive opinion...

RSR™
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
A regular plate here costs about 18 $ when you register the car.The standard form is:
"county" - "random number" - "random letters" , never identical in same county.
The custom plate costs about 50$,once, when registering.In my case was :
CS - 33 - NFS (county of Severin, age 33, NFS fan)

I was a little gone when I said those words from above, because are others several forums (not the case here) where people talk just to make you look and feel like a stranger in the forum, not for tell a constructive opinion...

You just make sure to post constructive replies even if somebody wants to ***** without reasons.

& lol why age, it changes every year :P

cry_ss
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
& lol why age, it changes every year :P
I was 33 when I have registered the car, it was my choice to choose the number and the letters.I not change it every year, It remain as I have selected first time, until I sell the car . You can made this change of number every year that each passing year, but You must pay everytime,and change the car registration.
You can choose any number and any combination of letters if they are not registered yet.

Mr. Sting Ray
06-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Oh god, this thread just made my day.

nfslover101
06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
this one is made by hand, in my own garage, with fiberglass and a lot of work.

I know how that is, a friend of mine has a Buick with tons of fiberglass work done to it, its not easy.

TruePro
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
The rear window louver definitely needs to go. Trust me it looks much better without it. Otherwise nice car man. :)

MuscleCarFreak
06-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Umm...

This is why I hate most aftermarket companies...

Vanexroxics
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't need to add more to the fire i guess.

Max Prez
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Huh... why the **** are some of you ridiculing his ride?

That isn't fair, to be honest. We all have different taste, we all have our interest, and some people, like me, thinks that this looks pretty good and it shows that he poured a good amount of sweat and pride into his car. You don't have to have a big ****ing turbo and a rock-hard suspension on a car if it's only for street use. It's a unique ride and it deserves respect. Extremely loud annoying fart cans and trash talking ricers is what we're supposed to dislike, not people who like to customize their rides for their own taste. Those are completely different.

As for the Tigra, the louver seems to be of a slightly different colour, though, and it definitely needs bigger wheels in time. That might just be me, though. Other than that, the actual louvre and everything else looks fantastic. The exhaust looks especially awesome. Good job!

nissan_370Z
06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh god, this thread just made my day.

+1

10char

optimus prime
06-07-2011, 08:41 PM
NFS

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/830/830436/need-for-speed-prostreet-20071025042509319-000.jpg

NFS

http://xbox360gamer.pl/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/need_for_speed_hot_pursuit.jpg

NFS

http://media.gameplaybook.com/editorial/2010/12/NFS%20SS%201210.jpg

FNF

http://gamezona.net/_ph/14/924603967.jpg

GreedyTurbo529
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Never seen one of these before. How fast is it?

Freak-DS
06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
The 1.4 goes up to 190 kp/h, the 1.6 up to 204 kp/h according to Wiki.

Martin the hedgehog
06-08-2011, 01:16 AM
GT (+ moar tuning, - lotsa cars)

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/830/830436/need-for-speed-prostreet-20071025042509319-000.jpg

Fix'd for ya.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing I can say about this car: :Facepalm:
I know that people have different tastes, but this car can't be called "NFS Edition" as long as it's riced.

Police in my country don't like tuned cars

They have good taste...

Max Prez
06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
The 1.4 goes up to 190 kp/h, the 1.6 up to 204 kp/h according to Wiki.

That's pretty quick considering its size.

Freak-DS
06-08-2011, 06:35 AM
That's pretty quick considering its size.

16v - not a wonder.

AJ_Lethal
06-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Umm...

This is why I hate most guys in a shed...
Fixed for ya.

nfslover101
06-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Fixed for ya.

Haha, nice one. Rather true though.

DJMantis
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
This doesn't look too much worse than a stock Tigra, but maybe that's because I think the Tigra is an ugly car anyway.

Still, don't like that you went for visual upgrades before performance upgrades. You should definately do some work on the engine. Engine mods are expensive, but time and effort can pay off.

cry_ss
06-09-2011, 05:50 AM
The engine will remain stock, the car is driven by my wife and occasionally by me...For a woman who don't want drag races on the stops is one pretty good car.
Tigra is not a wonder car, and is far away to a muscle car, but reffering to our car produced in Romania is a lot better... (the car is named Dacia Logan, you can find it on the net).

Sir Tristan
06-09-2011, 08:38 AM
LOL Have you seen Dacia Duster? It's a good little crossover, goes off road, handles your (and my) terrible roads and is a bargain. Do not insult modern Dacia.

Schaefft
06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
LOL Have you seen Dacia Duster? It's a good little crossover, goes off road, handles your (and my) terrible roads and is a bargain. Do not insult modern Dacia.

But when it comes to modern and innovative technology, fuel efficiency, material/buildquality and possibly reliability ...yyyyy, the low price is something you can expect from a car like the Duster, Sandero or Logan.

I already said it somewhere else but Ill repeat it here again. While your Tigra is far from being modified to my taste, but I respect the work and money (which is a much bigger deal for you than for most of the people here) you invested into it. It might not be the most beautiful car we have seen, but I think its already a great sucess if you accomplished your goal with the limited ressources you had. And this makes the car more worth for you than cars of most other people do for them.

btw: I have seen much worse vehicles from people with more money than brains.

AJ_Lethal
06-09-2011, 03:58 PM
The engine will remain stock, the car is driven by my wife and occasionally by me...For a woman who don't want drag races on the stops is one pretty good car.
That's not a valid excuse.
An average person can handle a 260- hp FWD hot hatch.

GreedyTurbo529
06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Sorry, I cant resist anymore

itfstFb8q1o

nom nom at the lovely ladies. Almost makes me want to move to Romania.

"He was kicked by a horse so hard his heart popped out" lol

Killua
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Come on guys, some of you don't need to be too harsh. I'll also agree that this isn't exactly a beautiful car by our standards, but you have to appreciate the work this guy has done on his Tigra. Personally, I kind of like it, except for the front bumper and the rear window louver. The exhaust is a nice detail.

Most of you think that a flamboyant car will instantly mean it's rice, but it's not exactly like that; rice also comes together with an attitude from the owner. This dude here has worked hard and has tried to customize his car, pouring time and money in it. You have to appreciate that, and he doesn't seem to be an arrogant person or a showy punk trying to convince us that his car is a space ship or something like that.

Have you seen those car shows filled with Volkswagens? Many of them aren't modified under the hood; some of them have big wheels, airbags or other details that reflect the owner's philosophy and personality when it comes to tuning a car.

@AJ: As far as I have read this car is only a daily driver. There's no need to have 300 HP to have fun just for the hell of it; plus, almost any modification made to the engine or drivetrain would likely lead to a shortened engine life or a more uncomfortable driving experience.

AJ_Lethal
06-09-2011, 09:46 PM
@AJ: As far as I have read this car is only a daily driver. There's no need to have a 300 HP to have fun just for the hell of it; plus, almost any modification made to the engine or drivetrain would likely lead to a shortened engine life or a more uncomfortable driving experience.
I've just gave a number. Being realistic enough, up to 150-175 hp can be squeezed from that engine without any side effect whatsoever.

DJMantis
06-10-2011, 01:50 AM
I've just gave a number. Being realistic enough, up to 150-175 hp can be squeezed from that engine without any side effect whatsoever.

Incorrect. The side effect would be that a lot of time and money are necessary to increase the performance of a car. Those resources are not there for everyone.Also, being a daily driver for two people is a perfectly valid excuse for not upgrading the engine. I hate rice as much as everyone else, but I still really respect the hell out of the effort that's gone into this.

GTR
06-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Wow, you guys are a bunch of *******s.

Poor guy's got a unique car and with some work, it could actually be the nicest Opel Tigra (first time I heard that) that there has ever been.

I like the paint, the interior's matching color. I like the rims. I like the stance it body kit gives it from the back. What needs changing is the ugly mid-90s headlights, the exaggerated front bumper and the hood needs paint.

Congrats on the car son. It's not nearly as bad as these guys are making it out to be.

SLZ Roadstar
06-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Barring the "Custom Rear Window Louver" everything is good.

Sir Tristan
06-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow, you guys are a bunch of *******s.

Poor guy's got a unique car and with some work, it could actually be the nicest Opel Tigra (first time I heard that) that there has ever been.

I like the paint, the interior's matching color. I like the rims. I like the stance it body kit gives it from the back. What needs changing is the ugly mid-90s headlights, the exaggerated front bumper and the hood needs paint.

Congrats on the car son. It's not nearly as bad as these guys are making it out to be.

What I said.

cry_ss
06-10-2011, 09:05 AM
The headlights will be replaced soon with angeleyes.
The hood will be covered with 3D carbon film (allready purchased).
Engine, as I said, remains stock, is not one excuse, but my wife use the car for going to work and at the kindergarden with my daughter.For this reason, and because my daughter almost everytime is in the car, I don't need upgrades on the engine.Maybe one sport air filter.
Thanks for your opinions, guys, I am convinced that this little car is not up to the strong performance of other cars, but the pleasure of working on it enjoys me as a result. And there is still much work to do.

GreedyTurbo529
06-10-2011, 09:59 AM
... but the pleasure of working on it enjoys me as a result

and thats all that should matter...

Tails_16v
06-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Is that thing on the rear window even legal? I mean, how do you even park? About the car, I don't like it, but the important thing is that you like it.

MasterAssassin713
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Like many of the previous posters, this car is by no means up to my taste, but I seriously respect you for doing all the work yourself. That's something I could never dream of doing that kind of custom work. My only serious problem with this car is the overly exaggerated bumpers. Perhaps with more subtle bumpers it would look better. I totally understand the functionality of the large intakes on the bumper, but for sure you could have had the same effect with a design less flamboyant. This car definitely isn't rice though, considering the amount of hard work and passion that clearly went into it. Although I will say that making the hood look like its carbon fiber without it actually being carbon fiber IS ricey.

Driv3r
06-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Interesting little car. I don't like the front end at all (needs a different bumper at least) and the 4x4 ride height is a buzz kill. The rear of the car is actually my favorite part, It actually looks pretty good. Slam it out on some nice wide wheels with rolled fenders, get a different front bumper and hood and I think it would look killer. But that's just my opinion.

RSR™
06-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Is that thing on the rear window even legal? I mean, how do you even park? About the car, I don't like it, but the important thing is that you like it.

You don't even need to look back when parking. You can use the mirrors just fine.

Sir Tristan
06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
It is a nice little car man, don't be discouraged. The rear bumper stance is great IMO.

Tails_16v
06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
@RSR, people in Croatia always look back... :D We're rednecks and we don't know why the hell are mirorrs even there. :P

AJ_Lethal
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
What needs changing is the ugly mid-90s headlights, the exaggerated front bumper and the hood needs paint.
Well... yea.

GorillaUnit69
06-10-2011, 07:09 PM
hehehe just love this tigra and the custom part in the rear windows like much

Schaefft
06-11-2011, 05:11 AM
I think coloring the diffuser-like parts on that rearbumper black would break up the massive rearend a bit and bring back some contrast you lost with the louver. Maybe you can do the same with the flat parts of the roof. Black and orange are a good color combination and it would fit to your rims and doorhandles.

Nikusakken
06-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Holy... ****ing... shit.

rhimezzz
06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Man you know "we" love your car. It is unique! it's the best looking Tigra i ever seen (no shit). And for all the haters who dont belive him...i do! cuz i am from Romania too.And i have a Tigra too. And one day maybe these car will be in NFS. It deserves! And most important TIGRA.RO Rulezzz !!!

GreedyTurbo529
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
It's the best looking Tigra Ive ever seen too. Given its the only one Ive ever seen. lol.

Dr.DooM
06-14-2011, 10:19 AM
personally cry-ss i would have used the money on the engine or improving the vehicles performance.

but its your car you do what you want with it.

also i would have bought a ford lol

Chase_UC
09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=GreedyTurbo529;580406]Sorry, I cant resist anymore

itfstFb8q1o

LOL!

And the car.. sorry dude, don't like me, if you remove the rear window, and these bumpers, maybe looks so much better :)