View Full Version : Love the NFS series but what were you thinking?

5spdto6spd
08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
So I like I am sure a lot of you out there have been following the Need For Speed Series since probably the Playstation 1 days. I've thoroughly enjoyed it; however, I have to mention something that was probably the dumbest thing NFS could have done.

Every single car/racing game I've played it was always using manual transmission and for some reason they left it out of NFS hot pursuit (2010) why I have no idea but then the other day I downloaded hot pursuit on my iphone 4 and it says that I can choose to play it in manual transmission what the heck were you thinking? You let me play manual on my iphone but not my PS3 what gives?

I don't get it by far the best car/racing game out there and I have to play it in automatic.

Oh to the NFS producers or decision makers please re-release NFS underground for the PS3/360 please. I am dying to customize/mod cars in high definition.

thanks,

LoLZeR
08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh to the NFS producers or decision makers please re-release NFS underground for the PS3/360 please. I am dying to customize/mod cars in high definition.

thanks,

Cant people in this forum have anything else to discuss?

So I like I am sure a lot of you out there have been following the Need For Speed Series since probably the Playstation 1 days. I've thoroughly enjoyed it; however, I have to mention something that was probably the dumbest thing NFS could have done.

Every single car/racing game I've played it was always using manual transmission and for some reason they left it out of NFS hot pursuit (2010) why I have no idea but then the other day I downloaded hot pursuit on my iphone 4 and it says that I can choose to play it in manual transmission what the heck were you thinking? You let me play manual on my iphone but not my PS3 what gives?

I think they did replaced manual transmission with the car weapons, thats why you cant have manual

T0MMY
08-08-2011, 11:37 PM

have you ever thought of driving a Veyron aiming EMP and dodging spikes and changing gears at the same time? It is almost impossible, things are moving too fast, you cant drive, aim and checking your gears at the same time. You can get manual transmission if you play it on PC, there is a mod to enable manual transmission.

Martin the hedgehog
08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Oh to the NFS producers or decision makers please re-release NFS underground for the PS3/360 please.

If they would do this, I'll blow EA the **** up.
There is a lot of ricing games, I have nothing against them, why not to ****ing play them? Why do you all want to ask EA for next portion of bullshit?

Alexc12fr
08-09-2011, 02:27 AM

No way.

Mikeman101
08-09-2011, 02:59 AM
:Facepalm:

Not another Underground Nut.....

nfslover101
08-09-2011, 04:08 AM
NFS will never go back to the Underground days (thank goodness). Now if they would only make a proper game now we would all be in business, but I don't see that happening. Ever.

5spdto6spd
08-09-2011, 07:56 AM
have you ever thought of driving a Veyron aiming EMP and dodging spikes and changing gears at the same time? It is almost impossible, things are moving too fast, you cant drive, aim and checking your gears at the same time. You can get manual transmission if you play it on PC, there is a mod to enable manual transmission.

This is not impossible that's the joy of playing manual transmission. I've always played games in manual and this would have been no different. Oh well.

for all of you underground haters the reason I am saying that is because EA has clearly ran out of ideas. For all you youngens to release NFS hot pursuit in 2010 they already had this on the PS2 way back when. Don't get me wrong it was great then and it's great now. I figured why not re-release underground as well. I remember playing it and there was a glitch in the game where it didn't allow you too pass a certain stage so you were just driving around.

What else can they release? any ideas? let's hear them.

Alexc12fr
08-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Double post isn't allowed here 5spdto6spd.

I hope you read the rules.

5spdto6spd
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Um what do you mean you can't double post? i can't seem to find the rules either.

Alexc12fr
08-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Here you go: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/announcement.php?f=13&announcementid=3

Welcome to NFSCars.

5spdto6spd
08-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Here you go: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/announcement.php?f=13&announcementid=3

Welcome to NFSCars.

thanks but it says i don't have priviledges to view it.

May be you can explain it to me briefly because clearly I am new to this forum.

AJ_Lethal
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
The Underground era would have been better if the producers watched Initial D and/or Wangan Midnight instead of the FnF crap.

psyk
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
The Underground era would have been better if the producers watched Initial D and/or Wangan Midnight instead of the FnF crap.

Well then let me tell you they still see the FnF crap and thats probably why they are making "The Run" wich I think it will be bad, BUT most of you are having your pubes just by whaching it.
Although I'm a fan of the Underground era, I do think they should do another one.
And if you are one of thouse that doesn't like the Underground era for "no reason" than here's a fact:

It existed and there are people that likes it. Deal with it.

AJ_Lethal
08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Well then let me tell you they still see the FnF crap and thats probably why they are making "The Run"...
Contradiction too much? There's no FnFism in that game. It's more like... '70s chase movies or the Bourne movies.

And if you are one of thouse that doesn't like the Underground era for "no reason" than here's a fact:

It existed and there are people that likes it. Deal with it.
I didn't said I hated the Underground era (MW is my favorite one), but it could have been better IMO.

psyk
08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I didn't said I hated the Underground era (MW is my favorite one), but it could have been better IMO.

Did I say you hate the Underground era? I do think it could have been better as well! but there are people that hate it for no aperent reason!

AJ_Lethal
08-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Did I say you hate the Underground era?
You implied it.

psyk
08-09-2011, 11:00 AM
You implied it.

I did, but not to you to be honest.

XenTek
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
take it to the chat, agnostic caucasian white ******s!

Normo
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Get the PC version, run Uniws, select any hi-def res you like.Problem solved.